Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Filipinos are known to be world class punchers. That's also the talent of Dos Santos. So Filipinos can dominate MMA too.

I beg to disagree. While JDS (and to your point, a lot of Pinoy trained fighters) are primarily boxers offensively, Mixed Martial Artists need focused training on the other aspects to truly dominate.

What is lacking in the Philippines and some other regions is a true grappling base.

@ mods

Any chance of merging this with the MMA Talk thread just so it does not become another post count farm? Thanks.

Rory Mcdonald is one of the young and rising stars of the welterweight division. He was seconds away from beating Condit but I'll pick BJ in this one. Of course, I'm being subjective. But I still think BJ has what it takes to beat Mcdonald. His boxing is still one of the best in MMA and so is his jiujitsu.

IMHO Penn no longer has that big of a gap in skill as when he first entered years ago. Not as much evolution either, but nonetheless, there is sufficient intrigue in this matchup if and when it happens.

On another note, looking forward to bounce back wins by Guida, and Fisher. Perhaps another good win by Camozzi too. More pumped to see the TUF Brazil finale though...

^

Blech! Seriously... There just are fighters I should not root for...

Back on topic, TUF Brazil Finale today looks way more interesting than yesterday's FX event. Having followed the TUF Brazil series, there really seems to be a huge difference between fighters from there compared to TUF US contestants skill and attitude wise. Needless to say, I've always been a fan of the South Americans ever since watching Royce in the first UFC tournament.

Hoping to see great fights and wins from:

Arantes

Vinia

Bodao

Wolverine

Pe de Chumbo

Damm

Verdum

Mutante

Franklin

^

I think this is another case of the game evolving much faster than the fighter.

On another note... Hope the rest can hear this because this adds another dimension to 148.

Anderson Silva is pissed (yeah I'm picking Silva in this one)! Silva did not fight well when angry against Demian Maia, but let's see what happens this time.

Edited by joseph1