Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Munoz is set to go up against Chris Weidman. Very interesting match given Weidman's last bout. IMHO this is in no way a tune up match for Mark, rather it will be a gauge of whether or not he can step up to the next level of competition (given that he is supposedly the #3 MW right now).

If he and Anderson Silva pull off wins in their next fights, then Munoz-Silva becomes a possibility. Belfort and Wanderlei Silva are also set for a rematch and the winner of that fight may also become Munoz' next opponent.

Should Chael Sonnen pull off the win however, Silva-Sonnen 3 will make the most sense then one of the three above could conceivably fight the winner of that match for the title.

Munoz is set to go up against Chris Weidman. Very interesting match given Weidman's last bout. IMHO this is in no way a tune up match for Mark, rather it will be a gauge of whether or not he can step up to the next level of competition (given that he is supposedly the #3 MW right now).

Munoz winning against Weidman will depend on his position when this fight goes to the ground..

If he lands on top, then he can ground and pound his way to a victory, but when he goes to the bottom, then it will be a long night for him with the jiu jitsu ace attempting submissions after submissions.. Weidman is also a Division 1 wrestler same as Munoz.. Lets just hope that Mark works on his standup..

Some pretty interesting fights on Fox later. Personally rooting for Jim (beer brewing MMA fighter!) Miller, although he may not yet have the tools to beat Nate Diaz.

Johny Hendricks, El Cucuy, and John Hathaway are sure picks for me though.

Edit: Holy **** FB is already streaming the prelims. Lol.

Edited by joseph1

What can I say? I thought Jim Miller would win using his superior wrestling but it was Nate Diaz who came out on top. In my opinion, especially after he did a gem of a submission on Miller, Nate Diaz is the best jiujitsu guy in the lightweight division.

No question about Diaz syempre.

after watching Daniel cormier vs Josh barnett in strikeforce yesterday, i would say they both deserved to be in the UFC!!! ayus ung match nila kahapon!!!!

Josh Barnett was a one time UFC Heavyweight champ (after beating Randy Couture). If memory serves though, he was both stripped of the title and cut from the UFC because of a PEDS issue.