Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

I didn't knew Roy Nelson is a Kung Fu artist.But damn his fight is awesome!.Fear the beard!

Velasquez dominated and beat the s@%t out of Silva!It looks like silva lost a bucket of blood.

Dos Santos's stand up is amazing,fast and hard punches landing on mir.He couldve knocked him on the 1st round,i wonder why he didnt finish him at that round.

^

JDS said post fight that he "wasn't comfortable" in the first. What impressed me a lot more was his takedown defense though. Mir was forced into boxing with Dos Santos. Although Mir's leg kicks looked effective, quick, precise single shots from JDS clearly hurt him.

Remember the motto of Stefan Struve? He proved that by forcing Lavar Johnson to tap out in the early seconds of the very first round. Amazing victory from this guy who stands almost 7 feet tall. He has now 16-career wins by submission. What will happen if he faces, hope it will happen soon, the current heavy weight champion Junior Dos Santos?

Thanks Bro Mod. Tamago. Is that the one scheduled this coming June 7?

In UFC 146, Junior Dos Santos showed us how mature he is as a fighter. He is, for me, the best striker among the heavyweight UFC fighters right now. And very intelligent at that! When Frank Mir, the 2-time champion, was down, the former allowed him to stand in order not to get trapped by latter's highly regarded submission prowess.

^

Much as I support Vera (him being half Pinoy and all), he looked way out of shape against Eliott Marshall. In contrast, Rua fought an epic battle with Hendo in his last outing.

Maybe it's nagging injuries, maybe it's something else, but IMHO Brandon Vera's game needs to evolve a whole lot before he becomes relevant again. No chance of becoming a 2 division champ though.