Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Silva versus Sonner this July 7, who's your pick? Can Chael Sonner repeat his achievement that defeated Silva for the first time?

You must have been watching a hallucinogen-laced version. Didn't Chael tap to Silva?

Nagpaparami ka lang ng mga walang kwentang posts mo. Idiot

^

Ditto first, third and fourth picks here. Don't really have a pick for the Tito-Forrest fight.

Watched the pre-fight presser and countdown shows earlier today and am still not a Chael fan by any stretch of the imagination. IMHO, the real danger to Silva in this fight is becoming too emotional. The last time Anderson fought angry was against Demian Maia, and we all know how that went.

In terms of striking, Chael would have the advantage. I've heard he's also training for ground defense.

Yikes. I think Silva would have his hands full on this fight.

btw, do you guys know any other channels where I could watch this on sunday?

Just found out our balls channel isn't available anymore. (crappy cable companymad.gif has epic timing)

Is this viewable on studio 23 live?

I'm laughing my head off at the fans who are so eager to make excuses for Chael (no I'm not referring to any of you, check the official UFC website). He made a mistake, got hit with a big knee to the chest that took out a lot of wind, then got hit by another right that put him down. No defense after that. Yeah, I would have liked a later stoppage too, but it is what it is.

^

Would like to see him beat guys like Munoz, Bisping, Belcher, Belfort, Wanderlei, Lombard (?) or Palhares first. Any two will do. He's coming of a loss from Jon Jones so an immediate title shot doesn't seem viable.

Bones vs Anderson sounds really interesting, but I'm with the crowd that says it doesn't make as much sense at this point given Silva's age and that Jones' frame and age may prove too much. Or maybe I'm just being a biased Jon Jones fan, either way, the Rashad fight sounds more appealing.