Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

magandang matchup yan thiago silva vs forrest griffin :D

some news on karo parisyan..ewan ko kung may nagpost na dito nito...

NSAC issues Karo Parisyan nine-month suspension; UFC 94 win overturned

-John Morgan, MMAjunkie.com

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Aqwm...e&type=lgns

LAS VEGAS - Despite listening to the fighter's emotional defense and pleas for leniency, the Nevada State Athletic Commission today issued Karo Parisyan a nine-month suspension and $32,000 fine due to his failed UFC 94 drug test.

Additionally, his Jan. 31 split-decision victory over Dong Hyun Kim has been overturned and ruled a no-contest, and Parisyan will be subject to stricter drug testing for future fights.

Parisyan represented himself at today's hearing, which took place at the Grant Sawyer State Office Building in Las Vegas.

Following his victory over Kim, the 26-year-old Parisyan tested positive for the prescription painkillers hydrocodone, hydromorphone and oxymorphone, all of which are banned substances.

The commission voted unanimously in favor of the punishment, which included a 40 percent fine of his $80,000 UFC 94 fight purse ($40,000 to show and $40,000 win bonus). He'll also be required to pass a drug test before he's licensed to return to competition and is subject to random testing.

The half-hour-long hearing often became emotional for Parisyan, who was on the verge of tears on multiple occasions. The veteran fighter also appeared before the commission on Feb. 17, when Parisyan's temporary suspension was addressed. The fighter hoped to receive his punishment at the February meeting, though the commissioners told him he'd have to wait until March for the formal hearing.

"I've got to come back (in March), and if they take my money and [heavily] fine me, I won't make it until the end of the year," Parisyan told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) after the February meeting. "It's that bad for me with income. If they won't level with me, it's going to be pretty hard for me.

"[Fighting] is the only way I have to support my family. If I don't fight, I'm going to be homeless by the end of the year. I'm going to try to get married in August. If I don't fight and I get fined, my entire year—everything I was supposed to do—will just go down the toilet. Between my marriage and my house, I'll lose everything if [they] take my money away."

At today's hearing, commissioners wanted to know the reasons for his failed test.

Parisyan had a prescription for Norco (a combination of hydrocodone and acetaminophen), though he didn't disclose it in a pre-fight medical questionnaire. Parisyan said he has been prescribed the drug for approximately three years because of a hamstring injury he suffered while training for an eventually canceled title fight with then-champ Matt Hughes in 2005.

Parisyan said he received two Percocet pills, which are similar to Norco, from a friend when he arrived in Las Vegas for UFC 94. Parisyan said he accidentally left his Percocet pills at home.

When asked why he didn't disclose the medications before the fight, Parisyan said he "forgot."

Commission representatives said they were concerned that Parisyan's high levels of the drugs—he tested positive for 3,551 ng/mL of oxymorphone and 4,654 ng/mL of hydrocodone—masked his pain during the fight and possibly gave him an unfair advantage.

On Monday, the eve of Parisyan's hearing, NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer said that fighter's defense wasn't likely to sway any commission members toward giving him a light sentence.

"Karo filed a response that said basically that he did everything but (that) he didn't violate any of the (NSAC) rules because he had a prescription, which to me is not a defense to it," Kizer told MMAjunkie.com. "Your doctor doesn't decide what's prohibited or not. The commission does.

"There's two ways to look at. First off, 99 percent of fighters are over 21. That doesn't mean they can drink and fight. Alcohol is a prohibited substance. They can drink a week before the fight. They can drink after the fight. But they can't drink and get in the ring if they have alcohol in their system. The second way to look at it is there are situations where the fighter might be able to take something, but he needs to tell us in advance. That's why we ask on our pre-fight questionnaire, 'Have you taken any prescription medication in the last 15 days?' He put, 'No.' Now he's saying, 'Oh, I forgot.'"

Parisyan (18-5), a 10-year vet who first fought professionally as a 16-year-old, first joined the UFC in 2003. He's 8-2 (with one no-contest) in his past 11 fights, though an April 2008 loss to Thiago Alves derailed his shot at a welterweight title.

Edited by _eRon_

UFC 100 to take place July 11 in Las Vegas

The UFC has confirmed that UFC 100 will take place July 11 at the Mandalay Bay Event Center in Las Vegas.

The announcement, made Friday on the UFC’s website, did not provide further details other than to say that the event “will celebrate the past, the present, and the future of this organization. . . . On July 11th, UFC 100 kicks off MMA’s next era.”

UFC president Dana White has previously said the card will feature Brock Lesnar’s heavyweight title defence against interim title-holder Frank Mir, a bout delayed from UFC 98 because of a knee injury to Mir.

Welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre of Montreal is also slated to defend his title against No. 1 contender Thiago Alves. Dan Henderson and Michael Bisping are expected to fight on the card as well in a matchup of coaches from Season 9 of “The Ultimate Fighter.”

“UFC 100 is going to deliver, it’s going to be good,” White told The Canadian Press in London before UFC 95.

The UFC has also fleshed out its UFC 99 card June 13 in Cologne, Germany, adding two welterweight matchups on the main card.

Mike (Quick) Swick takes on Ben (Killa B) Saunders while Marcus (The Irish Hand Grenade) Davis takes on England’s Dan (The Outlaw) Hardy.

Swick and Saunders are both coming off impressive wins. Swick stopped Canadian Jonathan Goulet in just 33 seconds while Saunders battered Brandon Wolff to win in one minute 49 seconds.

Hardy called out Davis after knocking out Rory Markham at UFC 95 in London. Davis is coming off a decision over hard-nosed Chris (Lights Out) Lytle at UFC 93.

Also on the UFC 99 card, German-based lightweight Dennis Siver takes on Dale Hartt, and heavyweight Stefan Struve, looking to bounce back from a disappointing showing in a first-round loss to Junior Dos Santos at UFC 95, meets Denis Stojnic.

The main event has former middleweight champion Rich Franklin taking on Wanderlei (The Axe Murderer) Silva at a catchweight of 195 pounds.

UFC 97 will take place in Montreal’s Bell Centre on April 18 while UFC 98 is set for Las Vegas on May 23.

pinoymma was a newbreed site. we all know what happened to newbreed.

So New breed is no longer doing any training for students? Im planning to train pa naman there @ ateneo for grappling with gi...

by the way guys does any one of you know where i can buy lyoto machida stuffs like posters... Im looking for the mchida shirt... the red one... kahit hindi super orig....

So New breed is no longer doing any training for students? Im planning to train pa naman there @ ateneo for grappling with gi...

hi chief,

the Ateneo site is now VPF, used to be NB but Ali, Ralph and company decided to go a different path and named their team VPF or Vamos Para Frente (we go forward) and they are very much accepting people who wants to train with them.

BTW ahehehe it's a shameless plug but that's where i train chief ^_^

hope you enroll so we could train together chief ^_^

Edited by riceb0i

UFC 98 Official Fight Card

MAIN CARD

Champ Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida (for light-heavyweight title)

Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra

Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Wilson

Dan Miller vs. Yushin Okami

Frank Edgar vs. Sean Sherk

PRELIMINARY CARD

James Irvin vs. Drew McFedries

Pat Barry vs. Tim Hague

Kyle Bradley vs. Phillipe Nover

Houston Alexander vs. Andre Gusmao

Brandon Wolff vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida

David Kaplan vs. George Roop

hi chief,

the Ateneo site is now VPF, used to be NB but Ali, Ralph and company decided to go a different path and named their team VPF or Vamos Para Frente (we go forward) and they are very much accepting people who wants to train with them.

i've heard that Ralph is the current number one-rated grappler in the philippines. that he moves like a snake when rolling, correct?

i've heard that Ralph is the current number one-rated grappler in the philippines. that he moves like a snake when rolling, correct?

hindi ko alam about being # 1 chief, kaso magaling talaga si Ralph, utilized na utilized buong kahabaan ng katawan nya sa pagroroll, tsaka tama ka chief mala sawa nga mag roll si Ralph, check mo dun sa rollapalooza.tv yung laban nya kay Pichon ang galing ng ginawa nya chief

he's currently a brown belt, and magcocompete ata sila ni Carlo sa Pan Ams na darating tapos punta sila sa Brazil

BJJ for life kasi talaga yung mga yun

Hmmm.. As for being the number one rated grappler. Well Let me just put it this way. Ralph Go IMO has the very best Guard Game among all the grappling practitioners here in the country. I actually think Ali Sulit is a better all around Grappler The guy can go top or bottom and be very effective as proof he again won the most technical fighter award at this year's grappling national championships.

Anyhow back to MMA. Robert San Diego of the Fearless Fighting Promotion sent me a poster this morning of the upcoming event on April 4th. and here it is. I'll see you guys there. will be cornering Frances Caldeza and Mark De Guzman from SPRAWL (who is in one of the featured bouts against FightClub head instructor Celso 'Yogi' Gunda)

post-176971-1238112424.jpg

hi chief,

Let me see, Im actually training in MMA coz I could not participate in the real sport I like... autoracing...drift...So MMA muna ko para may magawa...@ to avoid regret na hindi ko sinubukan ang MMA... However kinda I want to improve my grappling... for self defense maliit kc ako...In this case,I want to improve my ability to "see" the action-reaction ahead coz this is my weakness...and its the reason I'm thinking of enrolling in NB which now is VPF. Anyway I'll think about it...The schedules... the duration...the expenses... The streching....hehehe Hirap at nasasaktan ako dito sa stretching dahil nasa lahi namin ang matigas ang katawan...Etc

Anyway sayang hindi ako makakapanood ng fearless... Its my graduation night..... damn... Looking forward to UFC 98...GOGOGO MACHIDA! GOGOGOGO NOVER!

Let me see, Im actually training in MMA coz I could not participate in the real sport I like... autoracing...drift...So MMA muna ko para may magawa...@ to avoid regret na hindi ko sinubukan ang MMA... However kinda I want to improve my grappling... for self defense maliit kc ako...In this case,I want to improve my ability to "see" the action-reaction ahead coz this is my weakness...and its the reason I'm thinking of enrolling in NB which now is VPF. Anyway I'll think about it...The schedules... the duration...the expenses... The streching....hehehe Hirap at nasasaktan ako dito sa stretching dahil nasa lahi namin ang matigas ang katawan...Etc

Anyway sayang hindi ako makakapanood ng fearless... Its my graduation night..... damn... Looking forward to UFC 98...GOGOGO MACHIDA! GOGOGOGO NOVER!

hahaha don't worry about being limber chief, magagawan ng paraan yan, si chief Palakol madaming tips sa pagiging flexible chief ^_^