Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

watched the full coverage of Mayor's (as he want to be called) press conference and I was appalled with the state of journalism in our country. He express so much sincerity in his love to law abiding filipino people (unlike the presscon of delima whom express how she deeply love her driver) but here comes the news nitpicking his words and taking it out of context for an unknown reason. Inquirer, Rappler, Abs-cbn, etc... Nasaan ang hustisya.

say what, say what??

ihanda na ang mga "negative" reaction from you know who

Beyond war on drugs, Duterte seen setting up economic boom

- See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/578588/news/nation/beyond-war-on-drugs-duterte-seen-setting-up-economic-boom?utm_source=GMANews&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=GMANewsFacebook#sthash.A0IZyEFh.dpuf

Less than two months in office, Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte is getting high marks from the business community for policies that could engineer an economic surge and companies say they are making new investments as a result.

While Duterte may be getting headlines for a bloody war against drug dealers and users, less attention has been paid to one of Asia's few economic success stories.

The groundwork was laid by Duterte's predecessor, President Benigno Aquino, who took growth above 6 percent over his six-year term , but executives are also cheering the new administration's focus on building new infrastructure and say it could spell the start of a long-term boom. Some even see Duterte's violent and highly controversial anti-drugs campaign as potentially positive.

"We are in a very good spot," said Antonio Moncupa Jr., president and CEO of East-West Banking Corp, one of the top 10 lenders in the country. "The pronouncement of government prioritising infrastructure spending, accelerating it and cutting red tape, solving peace and order, I think all point to very good prospects ahead."

say what, say what??

ihanda na ang mga "negative" reaction from you know who

Beyond war on drugs, Duterte seen setting up economic boom

- See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/578588/news/nation/beyond-war-on-drugs-duterte-seen-setting-up-economic-boom?utm_source=GMANews&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=GMANewsFacebook#sthash.A0IZyEFh.dpuf

Less than two months in office, Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte is getting high marks from the business community for policies that could engineer an economic surge and companies say they are making new investments as a result.

While Duterte may be getting headlines for a bloody war against drug dealers and users, less attention has been paid to one of Asia's few economic success stories.

The groundwork was laid by Duterte's predecessor, President Benigno Aquino, who took growth above 6 percent over his six-year term , but executives are also cheering the new administration's focus on building new infrastructure and say it could spell the start of a long-term boom. Some even see Duterte's violent and highly controversial anti-drugs campaign as potentially positive.

"We are in a very good spot," said Antonio Moncupa Jr., president and CEO of East-West Banking Corp, one of the top 10 lenders in the country. "The pronouncement of government prioritising infrastructure spending, accelerating it and cutting red tape, solving peace and order, I think all point to very good prospects ahead."

Yay! At least, di "utak pulbura" si Duterte, unlike what is implied by others. Prepare for the others to steer the conversation back to their pro-drug lords stance.

If this is true, De Lima, Yari ka!

ATM deals and phone calls: Duterte to produce tape recording linking De Lima and driver to drugs

http://kickerdaily.com/posts/2016/08/atm-deals-and-phone-calls-duterte-to-produce-tape-recording-linking-de-lima-and-driver-to-drugs/

I just hope that if there is SOP recorded, wag na i-release, baka may magka psychological trauma.

http://www.thinkingpinoy.net/2016/08/leila-de-lima-dilemma-driver-bodyguard-ronnie-dayan.html

Bobo ang naniwalang titiwalag sa UN ang Pinas. I repeat, capital B O B O.

WTF, madedelete ito at mawawarningan pa ako malamang, but I can't stand the stupidity of certain nagmamarunong individuals na hindi naniniwala sa dapat paniwalaan pero naniniwala sa dapat paniwalaan.

IDIOT.

Aw, sorry, idiotS.

May naniwala ba?

My observation is that the all of the people I know took it as a joke or an off-the-cuff statement. Sanay na sila kay D30.

Pero syempre, the yellow media will make a big deal out of it. And the yellowtards will believe whatever the yellow media spews out.

Sino'ng bobo ngayon? Kung sabagay .... kaya nga tinawag na yellowtard, eh....

If this is true, De Lima, Yari ka!

ATM deals and phone calls: Duterte to produce tape recording linking De Lima and driver to drugs

http://kickerdaily.com/posts/2016/08/atm-deals-and-phone-calls-duterte-to-produce-tape-recording-linking-de-lima-and-driver-to-drugs/

I really hope that cases can be filed against De Lima ... no one should be spared in the battle against drugs.

But I've observed that this has become "personal" based on his statement below ...

"“Kung magsabi ka na killer itong mga taga gobyerno, which is really an insult, so you get an insult also. You get to impute, attribute a lie to us, then I’ll tell you, the public about the truth of you. No, what you can do I can do ten times better, parang ganoon iyon. I will produce to you a tape,” Politiko quoted him as saying."

And based on his admission as well, it seems this will be another trial by publicity just like the Trillianes-like epal moves made against him during the last election which Dutertards were so critical of but now that it's Duterte doing it ...suddenly the same critiques became very supportive and are all praises..

Though Duterte admitted that the tape would not be admissible in court due to the country’s wiretapping laws, he would confront De Lima with it if he gets the chance.

Edited by rooster69ph

International newsman Graham Ledger supports Pres. Duterte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgr5Xa_8HAU

EMMY Award winning television newsman, Graham Ledger, hosts “The Daily Ledger” shows his support to the Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte in his statement threatening that Philippines may leave UN for interrupting the Anti-Illegal Drug Operations.

May naniwala ba?

My observation is that the all of the people I know took it as a joke or an off-the-cuff statement. Sanay na sila kay D30.

Pero syempre, the yellow media will make a big deal out of it. And the yellowtards will believe whatever the yellow media spews out.

Sino'ng bobo ngayon? Kung sabagay .... kaya nga tinawag na yellowtard, eh....

parang may isa ditong naniwala eh.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by daphne loves derby

Oh Boss jopoc eto na yung kinaiinipan mo sa BOC

(wag kasing atat, isang buwan pa lang sa pwesto eh.. patience is a virtue)

Faeldon: BoC police captain gets multi-million peso ‘tara’
Read more at http://tempo.com.ph/2016/08/25/faeldon-boc-police-captain-gets-multi-million-peso-tara/#xiW1YoZQr9jc9Aki.99

The Bureau of Customs (BoC) revealed that a police captain of the agency allegedly received millions of pesos in bribe since 2012.

BoC Commissioner Nicanor Faeldon, in a press briefing in Malacañang, said they have concluded their investigation on Customs Police Captain Arnel Baylosis and have already forwarded the case to the Department of Justice (DoJ)

He said it is now up to the DoJ to conduct their own probe on Baylosis who he claimed as one of the many BoC employees being probed for corrupt practices.

eto pa isang good news.. (and they keep coming kahit ung iba dyan sa EJK lang nakatingin at yun lang ang alam na nangyayari sa bansa kahit hindi naman)

as usual, yung iba dyan eh "seen zone" lang sa mga ganitong balita at mas mag fofocus sa EJK topic dahil yun lang ang importante sa kanila. :P :lol:

you see, this Administration is MORE than that.

Duterte to revive Botika ng Bayan program

http://www.rappler.com/nation/144097-duterte-botika-ng-bayan-health?utm_content=bufferef4d6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

MANILA, Philippines – To ensure Filipino communites have better access to medicines, President Rodrigo Duterte wants to revive the Department of Health's Botika ng Bayan program.

"I will revive the Botika ng Bayan near government centers," said Duterte on Wednesday, August 24, during a press conference at the wake of a slain police officer in Taytay, Rizal.

The Botika ng Bayan (Pharmacy of the People) began in 2005 with the target of ensuring each city or municipality has at least one Botika ng Bayan outlet from where the community can purchase medicines most needed in the area.

To do this, the government franchises outlets to non-governmental organizations, cooperatives, trade and labor unions, corporate foundations, or religious groups.

According to the DOH, there are 16,350 outlets of Botika ng Bayan and its variants all over the country. But in 2011, the government issued a moratorium on the project due to problems with financing and restocking of medicines.

Duterte plans to address at least the financing aspect by devoting Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (Pagcor) funds "exclusively" to medicines.

"Itong Pagcor, lahat ng earnings ng Pagcor which is about P30 to P35 billion will be used exclusively para sa mga medicines ng lahat ng Filipino," he told media.

(All the earnings of Pagcor which are about P30 to P35 billion will be used exclusively for medicines for all Filipinos.)

"Punta lang sila sa city health [office] (They can just go to the city health office). I hope it will be utilized properly," he added.

Duterte said he wants to make sure that "no one goes home without buying medicine."

He first mentioned his plan to devote Pagcor funds to health programs during the 2016 presidential campaign season.

Duterte had promised to make the health sector among his top 3 budget priorities.

OH ETO BAKIT HINDI ATA BINABALITA NG MAINSTREAM MEDIA??? CHANGE HAS COME

14054073_1420553387974318_73038474835316

The down fall of PGMA administration starts on the distribution of Hacienda Luisita's land which in turn oust Chief Justice Corona in lieu of Chief Justice Sereno. Would this be again the start of down fall of PRRD administration?

Ika nga e, galawin mo na ang panot ulo, wag lang ang hacienda luisita ko.

Time will tell if the opinion of the public will not get persuaded. Money is clearly flowing to both local and international media to instill fear. Fear to locals that they will be the next target kahit napagkamalan lang. And Fear to international community para mabawasan ang mga possible investors.

Kaliwa at kanan na ang panawagan para sa pangkapayapaan to make mindanao and other provinces viable for business, plus the push for federalism to de-congest Metro Manila. Ngayon pinapalabas na ng international media na ang war on drugs is just a ploy use of PRRD to control the people.

sabi nga ni Joseph Goebbels,

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.”

Malaking sampal ito sa pagmumukha ng mga Aquino. Itong haciendang ito ang simbolo ng baho at kasamaang ng angkan nila. Lahat ng maduduming taktika sa pulitika, korte, at pati na mismo panghaharaas sa kawawang magsasaka ginawa na huwag lang sa kanila mawala ito.

Take that Aquinos!

Honga, di ito binalita sa GMA lalong lalo na sa ABS-CBN hahahahahha

Buti pa Singapore napapansin ang mga magagandang ginagawa ni Digong. Di tulad nung ibang kababyan niya mismo, puro mali lang ang alam punahin. Kala mo kung sinong kagagaling!

Singapore lauds Duterte agenda

http://www.manilatimes.net/singapore-lauds-duterte-agenda/282138/

“I think your president has many challenges to face and to deal with. But what’s striking is that he’s got a very comprehensive agenda and his ensemble is very experienced and very capable. He’s going to do it,” she told The Manila Times in a roundtable discussion Thursday.

Duterte took over an economy regarded by the Oxford Business Group (OBG) as the “best” in Southeast Asia.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index now trades at 7,000, nearly double the 3,600 in 2008. Foreign direct investments tripled during the period.

The Singaporean envoy was optimistic Duterte’s team wil be able to fulfill Filipinos’ dream of a wealthy, modern, clean and safe country.

“I think it’s the Philippines’ time. Every country has a time,” Kok said. “This is it.”

Mukhang lahat ng anti Duterte dito naka seen zone mode na. Naghihintay na naman ng isnag very minor mistake. Boom major issue na sa kanila.

Pati yung mga against sa Cabinet appointee niya wala pang masabi na palpak sila. Malapit na mag 2 months.

Edited by haroots2

And here I thought Duterte can make no mistake... Still waiting to see the major accomplishments of the new Administration. Wala pa naman 2 months so it would be wrong to expect much this early. First 100 days nga yung traditional "honeymoon" period na binibigay sa Presidente. So far the major accomplishment cited is the war on drugs, which is also just as big in controversy. The major drug busts are not that impressive since dati pa meron nyan; drug users surrendering in the hundreds of thousands, now that's new for sure. But the drug war is becoming a big human rights issue, to the point that the international community is taking notice, and that for me is a problem that needs to be addressed properly.

The business community lauds the Duterte economic agenda because it seeks to continue and improve the gains of the previous administration. Sabi nga dun sa news item, he took over an economy regarded as the best in Asia. Kumbaga, ok na ok na ang ekonomiya ng Pilipinas na nadatnan nya. Ganun kawalang kwenta yung PNoy administration sa economic policies nila. Pero kahit yung best economy na yan na nadatnan nya mula sa PNoy administration, nagsimula din naman yan sa economic fundamentals ni GMA. Which just goes to show na rehabilitating the economy takes a long time. The important thing is to build on the gains, and that is what Duterte promised in his economic agenda. Yung mga PPP na kinasa na ng nakaraang administrasyon, hindi ibabasura. Itutuloy pa din. That continuity in government inspires investor confidence.

By the end of his first 6 months, I'm hoping na may liwanag na yung comprehensive tax reform na nasa Kongreso. Kung may priority measure dapat ang administrasyon, yan dapat yun. Although ang emergency powers yata ang priority bill nila ngayon. Ang sakin, bilang ordinaryong mamamayan, titiisin ko ang traffic basta tumaas lang ang take home pay ko. Pati siguro mga kababayan natin sa probinsya, mas gugustuhin na magtiis muna sa traffic ang mga nasa metro manila basta tumaas lang take home pay nila. Haha.

As for the NPA peace talks, di ko alam kung ano pa pinaglalaban ng mga bandido na yan. Business na lang sa kanila ang kanilang "rebellion". Pareho na lang sa Abu Sayyaf mga yan. At least yung MILF, alam mo talagang gusto gawin sariling bansa nila ang Mindanao - pero syempre ayaw din natin yun. Sa ngayon, I am not in favor of federalism as the supposed solution. Aminado na nga tayo na puro political dynasty sa mga lalawigan tapos ganun pa gagawin. Eh ginawa mo na talaga hari mga yun kung ganun. Pero hinihintay ko pa din syempre kung ano hitsura nung "Filipino-type" of federalism na sinasabi ng mga proponents nito. Pasalamat na lang ako na hindi BBL yung pinupush ni Duterte kasi sell out talaga yun - in the long run magkakaron lang ng rebellion, if not civil war, towards secession na talaga yang MILF. Kaya nga ok sakin si BBM kasi hinarang nya nung huling Congress ang BBL especially after the SAF 44 incident.

Belgian princess due in PHL to discuss investments —Dureza

See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/579342/money/economy/belgian-princess-due-in-phl-to-discuss-investments-dureza?utm_source=GMANews&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=GMANewsFacebook#sthash.5wK7DPDK.dpuf

Princess Astrid of Belgium will lead a high-level economic team to the Philippines in May 2017 to discuss possible investments in the country, Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process Jesus Dureza said on Monday.

Dureza said he flew to Brussels, Belgium last August 25 from Oslo, Norway to meet with representatives of the European Union who also has interests with the ongoing peace process with the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People's Army and the Bangsamoro peace process.

He added he also met with Belgian Foreign Minister and Deputy Prime Minister Didier Reynders.

"I flew from Oslo, Norway to Brussels, the capital of EU, it’s only a two-hour flight from Norway, because the Belgian Government, who hosts the EU, was very interested to know about the peace process. And because of the planned visit of Princess Astrid who is scheduled to come here in May 2017 to head a high-level economic team for investments," Dureza said in a press conference at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

By the end of his first 6 months, I'm hoping na may liwanag na yung comprehensive tax reform na nasa Kongreso. Kung may priority measure dapat ang administrasyon, yan dapat yun. Although ang emergency powers yata ang priority bill nila ngayon. Ang sakin, bilang ordinaryong mamamayan, titiisin ko ang traffic basta tumaas lang ang take home pay ko. Pati siguro mga kababayan natin sa probinsya, mas gugustuhin na magtiis muna sa traffic ang mga nasa metro manila basta tumaas lang take home pay nila. Haha.

well hindi lang ang pagbaba ng income tax at corporate tax ang dapat subaybayan...

abangan din natin kung ano ang gagawin nila ukol sa VAT. Sa ngayon kasi may plano na gawin VATable ang ilan sa mga non-VAT items o di kaya taasan ang VAT from 12% to a max of 15%.

At the end of the day, yes net take home pay will increase but magmamahal din ang mga bilihin o gastusin.

Were seeing the effects of 8888 now. If this is not positive change then i dont know what is.

SSS gets most complaints via hotline 8888

http://news.abs-cbn.com/focus/08/28/16/sss-gets-most-complaints-via-hotline-8888

The Social Security System (SSS) has tallied the highest number of complaints received by President's Hotline 8888, the Civil Service Commission (CSC) revealed Sunday.

Liz Agamata, CSC director for Public Assistance and Information, said the SSS had the highest share of complaints out of the total 4,421 calls to the hotline, between August 1 and 24.

She added that the SSS has the fastest response to complaints, out of all government agencies.

Ranking second in the complaints list are the local governments of Manila and Quezon City, Agamata said.

Also in the list of agencies with the most number of complaints, in particular order, are the:

- Land Transportation Office;
- Pag-IBIG Fund;
- Land Registration Authority;
- Bureau of Internal Revenue;
- Department of Foreign Affairs;
- Government Service Insurance System;
- Philippine National Police; and
- Commission on Elections.

Agamata stressed these agencies showed positive and quick response to the citizens' complaints.

Ang negative mo talaga kahit saan, kahit kelan, kahit ano.

Bro, how not to be you po?

magaling pa manghula yan.. alam nga ata niyan tatama sa lotto bukas eh.. magaling sa conclusion at assumption! :lol: :lol: :P :P

Eto pa nga masaklap sa mamang ito. Mahilig manunmbat. Mahilig maghanap ng butas. Pag tinanong mo naman kung ano gusto nyang mas magandang sulusyon, wala naman maisagot ng maayos. Puro rhetorics at papaikutin lang usapan.

Sabi ko nga, kung gusto nya lahat perpekto, walang sablay, walang paltos. Kaso wala naman ganun sa mundong ibabaw eh. Pag nasa langit na lang siguro tayo.

Anyway yaan na natin. Boring naman kasi thread kung wala yun mga usual na kumokontra.

Nga pala, hanep yan naluha ako sa speech nung bulag na sundalo. And as much as halimaw sya sa mga critics the heart and sincerity in all this can not be denied. Hakutin mo pa yan sa ospital suot scrub suit para lang makasama pa presidente magdinner sa malacanang

http://www.mb.com.ph/president-duterte-honors-wounded-in-action-soldiers-at-palace-dinner/