2. 2. Worst

• Ferdie Marcos
    • Cory Aquino
    • Fidel Ramos
    • Gloria Arroyo
    • Noynoy Aquino
    • Erap Estrada

Bakit Malaki ang utang natin?

1. Because we refused to use the US$2B nuclear power plant and instead spent more money on new conventional coal-fired power plants to make up for the shortfall in power generating capacity. Not only did it double our debt in building power utility capacity, but the economic opportunity loss for not using the EXISTING capacity of the nuclear plant for productive use limited our economic growth.
  2. Because we did not take advantage of the high value of the Peso to reduce our debts. During Cory Aquino's time the exchange rate in late '80s and early 90's was PhP20 to 1US$. During Noynoy Aquino's time the peso exchange rate went from PhP 55 down to PhP 42 per US$. But he also did not use this as opportunity to reduce debt. But the oligarchs and big Chinese businesss used the favorable exchange rate to flood the market with imported consumer goods that compete with locally manufactured products.

Dafuq kinda argument is that???!!!

I'm saying pinalaki ni Marcos ang utang natin, tapos ang sagot mo is kasalanan ng mga Aquino yan dahil hindi nila binawasan.

(napakamot mo ako ng ulo ah)

Dafuq kinda argument is that???!!!

I'm saying pinalaki ni Marcos ang utang natin, tapos ang sagot mo is kasalanan ng mga Aquino yan dahil hindi nila binawasan.

(napakamot mo ako ng ulo ah)

Magkano utang natin during Marcos's term?

Magkano utang natin ngayon?

Magkamot ka uli ng ulo mo.

Fact: Marcos declared Martial Law because communism was becoming a clear and present danger to the country.

Dumb yellowtard myth: Marcis declared Martial Law to prolong himself in power and abuse and torture Filipinos.

Fact: The facts about declaring Martial Law were already exposed and is close to the "myth" that cutter mentions. The difference is, yellowtards were not responsible for the expose, but people close to the dead wax dummy. "clear and present danger" was the Marcos alibi, as exposed by the plunderer's friends. not any member of any kultong dilaw.

trying to condition the people's minds by coming up with an army of social media marketing agents to distort actual facts is so asinine and I will not give credence to them.

The next time you mention the word "fact", make sure you know what it is because this post is another of your countless harebrained opinions.

i apologize. how asinine of me to forget about your very wide vocabulary.

what i posted was hardly opinion. how martial law was staged is widely documented. again, coming from Marcos' ex-friends. from the inside. i guess you wouldnt give credence to that.

Another biased opinion. Before the advent of social media, mainstream media had a monopoly on shaping public opinion. The yellow media tried to destroy Marcos and for a time, they may have damaged his name but not completely. With social media, lies about Marcos were rectified.

social media marketing agents is the long name of . . . ?

what? now social media is where facts are determined, and truth prevails? hallelujah! such credence!

Edited by punkee

Before the advent of social media, mainstream media had a monopoly on shaping public opinion. The yellow media tried to destroy Marcos and for a time, they may have damaged his name but not completely. With social media, lies about Marcos were rectified.

No wonder you are so out of touch with reality. You easily dismiss mainstream media as "yellow" but readily embrace social media as truth. Everyone knows a large percentage of internet information is bullsh#t. You probably believe that eating pussy cures cancer and smelling farts is good for one's health. Oh yeah and, Robin Padilla is not dead by the way.

"IGNORANCE CAN BE EDUCATED, BUT THERE IS NO CURE FOR STUPID"

I give credence to your credibility, and name-calling prowess. Your coherence is astounding. No ad hominem there.

The only ONE military award you keep repeating, out of the many others the wax usurper faked, is also questionable.

At best, he was a president who abused the country, and a regular soldier who falsified his records. There is no 'sort of' with those.

Cant you find a more respectable issue to spend your time with and earn from? Cleaning the streets, adopting strays, caring for orphans. Ang dami that makes the world a better place. . . Queue in background music. . .

You just had to fight for a plunderer, murderer, liar. What a life you have.

Bakit Malaki ang utang natin?

1. Because we refused to use the US$2B nuclear power plant and instead spent more money on new conventional coal-fired power plants to make up for the shortfall in power generating capacity. Not only did it double our debt in building power utility capacity, but the economic opportunity loss for not using the EXISTING capacity of the nuclear plant for productive use limited our economic growth.
  2. Because we did not take advantage of the high value of the Peso to reduce our debts. During Cory Aquino's time the exchange rate in late '80s and early 90's was PhP20 to 1US$. During Noynoy Aquino's time the peso exchange rate went from PhP 55 down to PhP 42 per US$. But he also did not use this as opportunity to reduce debt. But the oligarchs and big Chinese businesss used the favorable exchange rate to flood the market with imported consumer goods that compete with locally manufactured products.

The stated Answer #1 is too simplistic and inaccurate. Answer #2 is false at sinama lang to try to pin the blame on Cory Aquino.

Will first tackle #2. This is the first time I've heard of this exchange rate angle regarding the foreign debt. First off, I don't think the rate of exchange plays much into the determination of debt repayment. Mas importante ang national economic health. If the economy is doing well, it can afford to set aside money to pay its debts.

During the time of Cory Aquino, the post-Marcos years, the country was hard put to come up with money to run the country. let alone to pump-prime the economy. Even the need for basic social services and basic infrastructure hindi lahat natutugunan dahil konti lang ang panggastos. The fiscal revenue always comes up short vis-a-vis the fiscal expenditures. Paying our foreign debt means taking away money from social services and infrastructure. Kahit na $1-Php7 pa na exchange rate, we were not in a position to pay up at that time. (Kung gusto mo talaga sisihin si Cory sa Foreign Debt ni Marcos, you should denounce her for not using her stature as a hero of democracy to stand up against our foreign debtors and declare a debt moratorium. The result though can be unpredictable. See Argentina's unilateral debt moratorium.)

Right on cue to Answer #1. The perennial fiscal deficit is not unique to the Aquino administration. Noong panahon ni Marcos, ganoon din. Parating kulang ang kita kesa sa gastusin. The way out of this for Marcos was to borrow abroad. Foreign borrowing is a big help to jumpstart the Philippine economy during those times. If spent well. The years when we had access to foreign debt were the boom years of the Marcos era with 6-7% GNP growth. Lumago naman ang ekonomiya that time.

The thing with debt-fueled growth in the country, the same way as in a corporation, you have to use the money wisely to grow your income generators in order to keep up with your payments and eventually pay them off. We could say the foreign debt was well-spent and managed if it grew the Philippine economy enough to render our foreign debt miniscule as compared to our GNP (debt-to-GNP ratio). That was not the case. Ngayon, why? It was not because of the Nuclear Power Plant alone, although it was a gargantuan waste replete with Presidential corruption. It was neither the fault of Cory or Noynoy for not paying them off when we had a favorable exchange rate.

The fault lies with the Marcos administration for not managing the economy well. There are a myriad of reasons that can be cited for the resulting failed economy under Marcos and I'll mention a few.

1. Corruption - we all know what happened, huwag magtanga-tangahan please lang

2. Low productivity - studies cited poor productivity per capital spent suffered by the country as compared to neighboring countries such as Indonesia and Korea. We simply were not as efficient in using our borrowed capital to grow our industries. Also, one of the reasons mentioned was the Marcos cronies, big and small. Those people granted government privileges such as behest loans according to their proximity to the Marcos couple, as against merit. Many of those government guaranteed loans went unpaid and added up to the National Debt.

3. Capital Flight - this is a double whammy for the country as favored cronies and corrupt officials salt precious dollars abroad instead of spending it here in the country where it could have grown the economy, multiplier effect sana dito instead of buying buildings sa Manhattan o paintings nila Monet

(Source: Developing Country Debt and Economic Performance, Volume 3

Edited by Jeffrey D. Sachs and Susan M. Collins

Book III - The Marcos Legacy: Economic Policy and Foreign Debt in the Philippines

Robert S. Dohner and Ponciano Intal, Jr. )

Edited by everyman

If Marcos' Medal of Valor is fake and that he falsified his army records, prove it.

Heed your own advice. Obviously, another out of topic post.

Nope, I am fighting for someone who was a great president and a soldier who, at one point in his life, did acts of courage above and beyond the call of duty. I have a great life. Could you say the same thing for yourself?

The most courageous act Marcos ever did was marry a woman whom he cannot control. So much for being a leader.

Ikaw na lang mag-prove. Sige na. Alam mo na yan. You know they are fake. You know you twist facts. You know you support an evil man. Hwag mo na ako utusan. Kahit na-prove na, yan lang din sasabihin mo eventually akala mo may pinagbago sa usapan.

Medal of Valor to a non-combatant. Funny. Or was it Medal for Valor?

Hehe. You have to say you have a great life, ey? Sige na nga if that is what is necessary for you to live with yourself.

Edited by punkee

The most courageous act Marcos ever did was marry a woman whom he cannot control. So much for being a leader.

Ikaw na lang mag-prove. Sige na. Alam mo na yan. You know they are fake. You know you twist facts. You know you support an evil man. Hwag mo na ako utusan. Kahit na-prove na, yan lang din sasabihin mo eventually akala mo may pinagbago sa usapan.

Medal of Valor to a non-combatant. Funny. Or was it Medal for Valor?

Hehe. You have to say you have a great life, ey? Sige na nga if that is what is necessary for you to live with yourself.

This is really great entertainment... tawang-tawa ako dito.... imagine the level people would sink to just to argue....

You make an accusation vs. FM.

The guy defends FM and dares you to prove your accusation.

Then you say, wag mo akong utusan! ikaw ang mag-prove!

Duhhh....

Not much to argue on.

Dares me to prove my accusation.

Funny.

You guys make it sound like these have not been done many times over. Prove what? That which already has been proven? And just because you guys are noisy on mtc doesnt change history. Pathetic. And when the proof comes, what, change topic? That is the script, right?

If flame baiting means I stick to history then I am flame baiting. If sticking to history and what has already happened is wrong, then sorry, Im not good at fiction and making things up.

Unlike what some guys love to do, I never called you names, but I did and will continue to call you for what you are.

I guess name callers are fine. Truth is forbidden. Well, sort of.

Edited by punkee
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just can't understand why people would choose FM as one of the great president we had. You want proof its in the internet, during the 60's philippine gdp is second only to japan, when marcos left in 86 ang label natin sick man of asia. Boxes of money, jewelries, rare art naharang sa honolulu airport its all documented the extravagance, the sheer wealth declared by the marcoses in their saln plagay nio san nanggaling, bong bong marcos saln listed 500 million bukod kay imelda, imee, irene how can you be that wealthy kundi ka boksingero,mall owner or a real tycoon who owns big businesses, in 86 the estimate amount plundered was 10 billion dollars hindi nman kailangan ng ebidensya dto dahil courts here and abroad allowed certain properties and money transfered to the philippine govt. In other countries dictators were killed like in romania, libya,italy,jailed like mubarak, saddam dto satin mahilig tyo sa move on yung taong nagintroduce ng patronage politics, cronyism, dictatorial rule, ang presidente na dahil sobrang nangapi kaya nagka cpp/npa dahil sa jabidah massacre nagkaroon ng mnlf ngayon nilibing pa natin sa libingan ng mga bayani. Yung mga nagsasabi na marami sya naipagawa abay natural 20yrs ka dyan e 20yrs of absolute rule sabi nga ng justice ng supreme court when joker et all questioned the imposition of martial law "its really against the constitution of the land but we cannot do anything about it".

I don't see anything wrong with comparing Marcos to Suharto since both countries are in the same region and both are archipelagic countries so it's an apples to apples comparison. Singapore's land area is only slightly larger than Metro Manila. Singapore is much easier to manage than an area vastly larger than it like the Philippines.

Oo nga naman pareho nga pala silang corrupt.

http://integritas360.org/2016/07/10-most-corrupt-world-leaders/

For being in history as the most corrupt philippine president to date, marcos is the worst president for me.

You can show all the references you want but the fact of the matter is Marcos has never been convicted of anything. Try showing more articles that could not discredit the truth. :lol:

You can deny and justify all you want yet that won't change what has been written as well what he is perceived to be ... By the world

Defending your argument using perception of the world is weak and wouldn't change the fact that he was never convicted of anything. I was waiting for another reference that really wouldn't discredit the fact that I posted. :lol:

Oh yeah arguing he was never convicted is the trump card that ends all arguments...how convincing or should i say how convenient lol

If he was never convicted of anything i guess then legally speaking he should have been acquitted of all charges. Was he?

Edited by rooster69ph

It is not a trump card. It is a fact. Regarding your question, the government of your patron saint would not allow him to go home and get tried in court so how could he be acquitted?

So this is the fact ... while there was no conviction, he was never acquitted as well on philippine soil. Simple as that....and that is the real "fact", not the so-called fact you are trying to paint. Unless of course you are a claivoyant thus would know he would definitely have not been convicted.

What about cases filed in the US, did he get an acquittal? Does he also need to come home for cases/charges he's facing in the US to get an acquittal? Lol. Oh yeah, his lawyer claims he was too weak to face trial....and now dead.

Seriously, I'm sick and tired talking again about these arguments which we've done repeatedly in the past. Uulitin mo na naman? Wala na bang iba aside from the he was never convicted argument o gusto mo lang mang troll?

Edited by rooster69ph