• Erap Estrada
  2. 2. Worst

• Ferdie Marcos
    • Cory Aquino
    • Fidel Ramos
    • Gloria Arroyo
    • Noynoy Aquino
    • Erap Estrada

Between the Marcos administration and the incompetent Aquino administration, the Marcos administration has much more credibility than the Aquino administration. Luneta, Yolanda, Mamasapano, Kidapawan, DAP, etc. Do these ring a bell?

Not to mention the car registration plate and drivers' licence ID card fiascos.

The Abnoy Aquino administration is by far the worst, closely followed by Cory administration.

• Winner! (+1) 1

our country's economy was doing great in the previous admin. noted by the international community and financial institutions.

we jailed 3 corrupt big politicians. 2 are still in jail. nothing close to this was ever done before.

brought in millions of dollars to the government treasury before leaving office.

and people call the previous admin the worst?

Seriously? Which politicians? GMA? The last time I checked, she got acquitted. Who are the other two? So, based on your post, Aquino is a good president because he jailed corrupt politicians, one of who was acquitted due to weak evidence and bringing in millions of dollars to the government treasury.

Perhaps, you can show me the news item where the Aquino administration brought in millions of dollars. Shouldn't he have spent it for infrastructure in order to assuage the chronic traffic problem?

You might want to comment on the following:

1. Luneta Hostage Crisis

2. Mamasapano Massacre

3. Kidapawan Massacre

4. DAP

5. Yolanda

I will agree with you pag may tumakbong pagka-pangulo na member ng Avengers. in the meantime, na mortals ang mga candidates, happy na ako na umusad ang bansa at hindi maghangad ng unreasonable.

• 3 months later...

The past couple of months have shown the President Marcos being vindicated. Here is another one.

Vindicated my ass. They got off on technicalities. It's not like the court said there were no abuses. There were abuses! The court just said that those who filed the case cannot represent the thousands of victims and therefore threw out the case. And it only took 20 years for our wonderful justice system to come up with that conclusion. As usual, the rich and powerful here in the Philippines remain untouchable.

Vindicated my ass. They got off on technicalities. It's not like the court said there were no abuses. There were abuses! The court just said that those who filed the case cannot represent the thousands of victims and therefore threw out the case. And it only took 20 years for our wonderful justice system to come up with that conclusion. As usual, the rich and powerful here in the Philippines remain untouchable.

I used to think that the Marcoses were the cause of all the sufferings due to abuses.

Now I realize that the abuses are committed and abetted by the people themselves.

Yes, there were abuses, but most of them are done by us, the ordinary people, on our own kind.

We howl in protest when others are doing wrong, but we keep silent when our own group, our family, or our friends are doing exactly the same thing.

Edited by camiar

There may have been abuses but Marcos dismissed 3,000 men in uniform which means he did not condone it. If you are implying that the Marcoses paid their way to get this verdict, you're gonna have to prove it.

That's the thing. In spite of three decades and nine hundred cases against the Marcoses, there has been no conviction. It is what it is. If you think it's technicalities, that is your opinion. The CA has spoken.

Did you not read the article you posted? It says it right there that:

"The US 9th Circuit Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit Court upheld the Hawaii court’s verdict, saying Marcos was accountable for the torture, murder and disappearance of countless human rights victims."

Now getting the Marcoses to pay up is a different story.

The fact of the matter is this ruling can't be enforced here because the US 9th Circuit Court does not have any jurisdiction here. Furthermore, the CA said that the Hawaii court did not give a chance to both the Marcoses and the claimants to confront each other which is a violation of due process for both parties.

Like I said, in the Philippines, the rich and powerful are untouchable. The US courts finds Marcos guilty but the Philippine courts let him off on technicalities.

$2 billion was to be awarded. If I were the Marcoses, whats say $100 million or P5 billion to pass around and get a favorable decision. Not to mention that the decision comes at a time when a Marcos friendly government is at power.

Were they able to prove in court that It was Marcos who ordered the torture, murder, or disappearance?

Strong suspicion is not enough grounds to convict, fortunately or unfortunately, depending on one's point of view.

The US courts already concluded that Marcos was accountable. You can review the case and see how they came up with that decision.

The US courts already concluded that Marcos was accountable. You can review the case and see how they came up with that decision.

So what if a US court say he is accountable? Did he do the crimes? You and I know he didn't. But he is supposedly liable to pay for the damages on the principle of chain-of-command, which doesn't hold much credence.

Sorry, I have no interest in reviewing the case.

Unfortunately for you, and everybody else sharing the delusion, this court decision will go nowhere.

So what if a US court say he is accountable? Did he do the crimes? You and I know he didn't. But he is supposedly liable to pay for the damages on the principle of chain-of-command, which doesn't hold much credence.

Sorry, I have no interest in reviewing the case.

Unfortunately for you, and everybody else sharing the delusion, this court decision will go nowhere.

Yeah the US courts decided that Marcos is accountable, and you still insist that he is not guilty only because he wasn't the one who "pulled the trigger".. I think you are the one who is delusional.

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah the US courts decided that Marcos is accountable, and you still insist that he is not guilty only because he wasn't the one who "pulled the trigger".. I think you are the one who is delusional.

Accountability to the crime and being guilty of the crime are two different things. What's your point?

And to think that a US court can impose its verdict in the Philippines is delusional.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

As time goes by, secrets about who is behind Ninoy's murder will slowly reveal itself.

It is illogical to think Marcos has a hand in it because he's the one who would suffer the most as a consequence.

I would rather look at how the Cojuangco family itself would benefit from Ninoy's death. They were the ones who benefited most, politically and financially, after Martial Law.

Best amongst the list: Marcos, yes accountable sya sa nangyari sa ML but then sino mga general nya? Si Ver, Ramos and Enrile. Sino nag-draft ng ML nya Enrile. Macoy wanted the best for the Philippines. Ingat din sa social media na naninira lang, syempre kung sino sumulat ng history books sila ang bida. Its about time we interview others na nakaranas din ng totoong pangyayari during ML days. My grand dad told me how life was easy then. NPA infested area pa sila ha, pero di sila nasaktan ng mga militar. Erpats ko was working sa factory noon, di naman sila nasaktan kahit may checkpoints. Sino mga nasaktan, aktibista na as usual nasa payroll ng mga politiko.

Worst? The Aquinos and Erap.

• 3 weeks later...