Dc And Marvel Universe

doom is on the sidelines for now i think while Iron Man rises to true villainy

there has been talk of a large scale Marvel event involving skrulls and their unique mimicking powers (makes you think eh? what if Tony is a skrull? what if Cap was a skrull? BlackBolt?) sounds very interesting to me.

there's a big X Event coming in the next few weeks, which is supposedly done old-school style that will bring more light into the saga of the muties.

The Skrulls thing stinks of a retcon in the making. (Or maybe just a failsafe backup for Marvel in case they crash in the wake of Cap's death)

I think all the major villains are on the sidelines now except for the X-Villains. From the way I've seen their marketing of the Endagered Species saga for the X-Family, it's a really big deal. Will Marvel have balls enough to k*ll of more major characters in the Marvel U? Joe Q should have a few drinks with Mitch Kupchak about getting rid of superstars. Maybe Mitch can teach him how to hang on to problematic superstars. :lol:

Meanwhile in the DC Universe, I just don't get this Countdown thing. It's so difficult to follow because there are a lot storylines occuring in major comicbooks of the DCU. Being limited to Batman and the JLA pages, it's kind of hard to follow the storyline but the DCU seems hellbent on getting rid of major sidekicks. i.e. Dick Grayson/Jason Todd, Jimmy Olsen, Bart Allen (he never really grew into the Flash costume, I always thought of him as Big Kid Flash in a Flash costume)

Another Flash bites the dust.

post-109019-1182461630.jpg

R. I. P. Bart Allen

Rest In Peace Bart, we barely knew ya. Bring back Wally now! Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssse!!!!

the party line is that they're trying to remake the skrulls into a legit threat to the exitence of the MU, instead of just being goofy campy green aliens.

ooooohhhhhhh... i guess they need to do that since the MU is seriously lacking in supervillains. :lol:

bat namatay si flash?

what is MU?

tnx :D

well technically hindi patay si Flash because Wally West is back in the recently concluded Lightning Saga of JLA. Wally is the 3rd Flash (after Jay Garrick and Barry Allen), Bart is the 4th Flash. I don't know why they brought Wally back but they did indicate before that Bart was just a temporary replacement for Wally. I think Wally West will play a major role in the upcoming Countdown event of DC.

MU=Marvel Universe.

they should reinstate Wally as "The Flash" , Bart Allen/Impulse IMHO is not "worthy" of the mantle of the Scarlet Speedster :lol:

ummm.. i think the fact that they brought Wally back is an indication that they plan to have him as the Scarlet Speedster now.

And he might end up with the Teen Titans this time around.

if you mean Bart I'm not really sure because he's dead. Unless they still plan on bringing him back as Impulse.

if you mean Wally, Wally is already officially a member of the latest Justice League of America roster. (read: Lightning Saga)

oh my... would this signal the return of Nightwing, Cyborg, Raven and the rest? :lol:

I think Cyborg and Raven are in the current lineup of the Titans. They even brought Jericho back. Nightwing is too old to be a Titan.

tlga? thundercats? ayos yun,sana kasing ganda ng transformers..may thundercats, transformers na..dapat g.i.joe, silverhawks, karate cat, visionaries pati yung mga humans na nagiging sea animals din(forgot the title)&other 80s cartoons na irremake din..

dude its tiger sharks hehehe

if you mean Bart I'm not really sure because he's dead. Unless they still plan on bringing him back as Impulse.

if you mean Wally, Wally is already officially a member of the latest Justice League of America roster. (read: Lightning Saga)

I think Cyborg and Raven are in the current lineup of the Titans. They even brought Jericho back. Nightwing is too old to be a Titan.

What the frug?!? Jericho? Of all the heroes to resurrect, they chose Jericho?!

At least they retain wally. Di ata gumana yung passing of the torch angle... hehehhehehe

Nightwing too old to be a titan?????? Meron bang age requirement sa titan. From far as I know nightwing is the same age as raven and cyborg.

Nightwing too old to be a titan?????? Meron bang age requirement sa titan. From far as I know nightwing is the same age as raven and cyborg.

hahaha.. It seems that Dick Grayson looks old for some coz he has been a staple character in DC for so long already.. He has even worn the Bat costume and that really made him look old.. hahaha.. (read: Knightquest, Knightsend saga of Batman)..

hahaha.. It seems that Dick Grayson looks old for some coz he has been a staple character in DC for so long already.. He has even worn the Bat costume and that really made him look old.. hahaha.. (read: Knightquest, Knightsend saga of Batman)..

Hmmm Dick Grayson is the first Robin ryt????

Is he also the Joker / Robin in Batman Beyond?

Sir Revi do you still hang out in Rob Galleria for your Comics and Card Collection? I always stay there during my lunch time. There is an exhibit of DC Character and Gundam Character in the Ground floor in front of CDr King. Maybe you guyz should see it.

Dami kong sasagutin ha.. bwahehehe. let me give this a whirl...

What the frug?!? Jericho? Of all the heroes to resurrect, they chose Jericho?!

I was about to say the same thing...dapat si StarFire na lang :D

I don't really know why they brought back Jericho. probably because si Deathstroke saka yung Titans East yung kalaban nila. Titans east is led by Batgirl, Cassie Cain. Deathstroke is making life miserable for Ravager, Jericho and the other Titans. particularly his children. pero this storyline was months back. Medyo hindi na rin ako sumusunod sa Titans.

At least they retain wally. Di ata gumana yung passing of the torch angle... hehehhehehe

Well Nightwing is kinda old. As revi points out, he's grown out of the Teen label and he already has his own team, the Outsiders. Nightwing's just matured enough to grow out of the shadow of the Bat. Besides, if he joins the Titans, it will be kinda weird having two former Robins on the same team.

Hmmm Dick Grayson is the first Robin ryt????

Is he also the Joker / Robin in Batman Beyond?

Sir Revi do you still hang out in Rob Galleria for your Comics and Card Collection? I always stay there during my lunch time. There is an exhibit of DC Character and Gundam Character in the Ground floor in front of CDr King. Maybe you guyz should see it.

Yes. Dick is the first robin. In both the original animated series and the comic book.

The Joker/Robin in Batman Beyond is Tim Drake, the 2nd robin (in the DC Animated Universe that is, the canon in the DCAU is different from the comics. DCAU ignored the whole Jason Todd mythos). In the animated series, Dick Grayson actually went on to become Nightwing because he and Batman had a disagreement as Dick got older.

According to rumors, Nightwing will go on to don the Red Robin costume. But that hasn't been confirmed by DC execs. I don't know what this will mean for Tim Drake. Or it's also probable that Nightwing will die and Jason Todd actually becomes the Red Robin. Maraming possibilities but the teaser poster of Countdown does indicate that the Red Robin (from Alex Ross's Kingdom Come comic book) will make an appearance.

Di na ako madalas sa Galleria, dre.. But I still collect cards and comics..