Diet

the nutritionist in the gym where I am enrolled in told me na dapat daw wag one meal a day lang ( which used to be my habit) kasi at first maglo-lose ka nga ng weight pero later on since magkakron ka ng deficiency sa calories and other stuff mag-aadjust din yung body mo and mas babagal din ang metabolism. magco-cope up sya, so to speak.

besides di ko kaya maggym tapos di ako kakain ng breakfast. :)

the nutritionist in the gym where I am enrolled in told me na dapat daw wag one meal a day lang ( which used to be my habit) kasi at first maglo-lose ka nga ng weight pero later on since magkakron ka ng deficiency sa calories and other stuff mag-aadjust din yung body mo and mas babagal din ang metabolism. magco-cope up sya, so to speak.

besides di ko kaya maggym tapos di ako kakain ng breakfast. :)

LM, where ka naggym???? some advice nman how to choose the best gym for me... tnx!!!

hope this helps.

the best way to loose weight is to burn more calories than what your body takes. cardio vascular activities, diet and gym are the best combination to get rid of those fats.

i used to be fat. as in 220 lbs, 40" waist. hehehe here's what i did.

i started goin to the gym, worked out for 2 hours, 5x a week. then jog 4x a week. i took hydroxycut, a supplement that gets you dehydrated and boosts your energy so you burn more fat.

this is the most painful part.... diet. i lessened my food intake slowly so i wont notice the sacrifice that i was doing. its all discipline. mind over matter hehehe.

i still eat 3 x a day

1st 2 weeks, 1 cup of rice or 2 slices of whole wheat bread per meal. no red meat. fish and chicken. fruits. vegetables. no junk foods.

3-4 weeks, just bread, white meat, fruits, vegetables. white meat, graham crackers, kamote.

5-8 weeks, no salty, oily, sweet, foods. just high protein foods like sea foods, century tuna (in brine yuck!). steamed chicken (skin pealed). whole wheat bread. bananas (potassium so i dont get the cramps).

most important thing... Lay Off on the Soda.

a soda a day takes the vitamins away. (fact)

i continued doing this for 3 months and i lost 55 lbs.

but then again i gained 30 lbs coz i stopped working out due to busy sched.

hay sayang :)

sana makatulong

Guest dopleganger

This is what Im working on right now.

Weekdays 2 meals a day. Before going to work and midshift.

Colas are only allowed week ends (which Inlcudes Fridays Thank God)

No junk foods.

Lots of water (What I do is make sure that my mineral water bottle is always puno)

Before I start the day I play with my yoga ball. I'm losing the weight slowly but I am losing wieght, so it must be working.

Hornyfrog RedWine? I'lll try that :lol:

here's the best but dangerous!

punta ng squatter, hanap ng tulak tapos bigay ng pera dun tumira! yung mga katropa ko eh kitangkita ang results. payat talaga, wlang 2log, ayaw kumain!

but for me,

proper discipline. everyday i used to jog along c5 then phil. army grandstand 2x na ikot dun then go home. nakakapagod talaga but worth it naman. skip meals on breakfast. paunti unti kse kng bibiglain eh bka magcollapse ka! every weekends jogging tapos laro ng basketball mga 3-4 sets.

ang alam ko rule of thumb when it comes to dieting is to eat small meals a day (5-6 small meals). tapos bawasan mo ng serving yung pagkain. tapos bawas din ang mga fatty food or portions like yung balat ng fried chicked (sarap pa naman)

and of course, cardio exercise para tabasin yung mga taba sa katawan.

Gee thanks!

Actually, what I'm after really is to have a washboard abs, but of course, that ain't gonna happen - at least not in my lifetime! I used to do crunches - about 300 a day - but got tamad. I really, really need something - an inspiration of sorts - to get me on my back and doing crunches again. Hirap to deal with a slightly rounded midsection - although it doesn't spill out of the waistband of my jeans/pants like a sack of flab, but the way the waistband sometimes cuts through my stomach especially when I sit down feels really, really uncomfy.

I agree with you...exercise is what I need, more than anything else. :)

curios lang ako miss MA, ikaw ba yung nasa avatar?

really?!!!! is this true? goodness if that's true eh di ang bilis naman nyan!

usually the first 10 lbs that you lose is water. its not safe to lose more than 4 lbs a week since anything more than that and you start losing muscle as well. u dont want that to happen since muscle ups your metabolism.

south beach is just like the zone diet but less strict. its all based on consuming low glycemic carbs. i guess thats the key word: consume low glycemic carbs!

Atkins works. Although it's really hard to do it coz you'll feel really unhealthy. But if you wanna lose weight in a month, this is the way to do it. Making sure you dont consume too much fat though. Try to eat lean meat.

Keep in mind that any form of sugar isnt allowed. Any type of fruit hindi pwede.

Here menu ko for a week (induction):

Breakfast and lunch,chicken salad (lettuce, tomato, chicken and feta cheese).

Dinner - beef sausage and eggs

Super hirap ang atkins since you feel so unhealthy but it worked. I lost 5 lbs in a week. Since that's all I wanted to lose, I stopped and tried to stay away from carbs. But I do eat lotta fruits now. :P

ur better of with south beach or zone. word of caution with atkins: if youre predisposed to high cholesterol levels, its aint the one for you. btw, the atkins foundation is being sued because of this. it might also interest you to find out how atlkins died :lol:

It would be very difficult to lose weight solely on diet alone. I would suggest combining a sensible eating plan with some exercise. By sensible I mean eating only when you're hungry. Also, I found out that eating smaller meals but more frequently (5x a day) , satisfies my hunger very easily rather than pigging out on three meals a day. Exercise should be no less than a hour about 3 times a week. It is important that the exercise you choose is something you enjoy. Otherwise, it would be impossible to stick to a regular sched. Good Luck

I sUgGeSt DrInKiNg GREEN TEA. At LeAsT 3 CuPs Per DaY aFtEr EaCh MeAL. SaFe Na, EffEcTiVe Pa...AsK NyO mGa ChInEsE wHy MoSt Of ThEm ArE SLiM fIgUrEd...AnD i'M uSiNg It ALsO...TrY nYo... :cool:

Yup...it is effective. I've been drinking green tea for the past 2 months. It is supposed to boost your metabolism.

Anyway, what brand of green tea are you taking?

DIET haaaaaayy :( :( hirap! been there done that.. i've tried it all from Bangkok pills, slimming tea, sexercise :lol: , Atkins (3days lng), after 6, high protein, zero carbo to South Beach Diet (try to read the book 1st by Arthur Aghstan). South Beach D. so far ok sya kaya lng medyo expensive at finical ang mga ingredients ng meal plan, which allows you to eat 5x a day with dessert pa! :cool: hirap lng to adjust kc bawal caffeine, carbo and sugar.... :(

yookoooo na mag diet!! :grr: .. i wanna enjoy life to the fullest basta eat right and STAY healthy :cool:

After all,

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT :upside: