South China/West Philippine Sea

Thanks for the reminder! Do you think we can do it all by ourselves without US help?

Not to side with the US but let us look at ourselves as a household. We ask for help from our neighbor but when they come to help us, one or two siblings want them to stay far away from our gate. Then when they stay with us, one or two siblings want to kick them out. And all through this time, the parents patronize the one or two siblings - and the rest of the siblings, who are supposed to be the majority, don't do anything either. Now, if you were the neighbor, what would you think?

Thanks for the reminder! Do you think we can do it all by ourselves without US help?

Not to side with the US but let us look at ourselves as a household. We ask for help from our neighbor but when they come to help us, one or two siblings want them to stay far away from our gate. Then when they stay with us, one or two siblings want to kick them out. And all through this time, the parents patronize the one or two siblings - and the rest of the siblings, who are supposed to be the majority, don't do anything either. Now, if you were the neighbor, what would you think?

natawa ako sa nabasa ko - The United states of America is among the 34 nations who have not ratified the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Seas (UNCLOS)...kaya wapakels sila...

the bigger surprise - The Philippines ALSO is not with the UNCLOS - WHEN IT COMES TO SOVEREIGNTY ISSUES LIKE THAT ON SCARBOROUGH...yes Marcos has ratified UNCLOS but not in it's entirety declaring that it doesn't recognize UNCLOS in certain issues...sadly the issue that "we" do not recognize is...THE ISSUE OF SOVEREIGNTY! WAPAK! TOINGKS!

natawa ako sa nabasa ko - The United states of America is among the 34 nations who have not ratified the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Seas (UNCLOS)...kaya wapakels sila...

the bigger surprise - The Philippines ALSO is not with the UNCLOS - WHEN IT COMES TO SOVEREIGNTY ISSUES LIKE THAT ON SCARBOROUGH...yes Marcos has ratified UNCLOS but not in it's entirety declaring that it doesn't recognize UNCLOS in certain issues...sadly the issue that "we" do not recognize is...THE ISSUE OF SOVEREIGNTY! WAPAK! TOINGKS!

I wouldn't fault the Philippines for not not recognizing the UNCLOS issue on sovereignity. For it to work, ALL claimants should agree to the sovereignity issue. It's a matter of positioning for future negotiation. Not accepting it puts us on the same negotiating position as the other claimants.

don't forget NOT coming to the aid of that neighbor when they are the ones asking for help.

remember when GMA went to the conference of non-aligned nations like Iran? that was like sticking it to the US.

Edited by dungeonbaby

don't forget NOT coming to the aid of that neighbor when they are the ones asking for help.

remember when GMA went to the conference of non-aligned nations like Iran? that was like sticking it to the US.

Oh yes! That too. Thanks for the reminder.

Looks like we're gonna go Italian on one of our ships... Soldati Class (Enhanced Lupo Class) Frigates of the Marina Militare Italiana's being eyed by the DND, the F 582 Artigliere... Smaller than the 3,000ton WHECS from the USCG at 950 tons but carries much more firepower, among which are;

8 Otomat Mk 2 Surface to Surface Missiles

1 Mk.29 octuple launcher for Sea Sparrow/Aspide Surface to Air Missile

2 Mark 32 triple torpedo tubes

1 OTO Melara 127/54 mm gun

2 OTO Melara Twin 40L70 DARDO compact gun (Italian CIWS)

It also has a Fire Control Radar, Surface Search Radar, Air Search Radar and Hull Mounted Sonar. Plus a telescopic hangar which can accomodate 1 Chopper...

Praying dearly to God that this deal does push thru and that them Italians don't remove any of the equipment already installed...

As compared to to BRP Goyo and the incoming BRP Ramon Alcaraz which currently only have the following upon turnover to us;

1 OTO Melara 76mm gun

2 Cal .50 Machine guns

Fire Control Radar & Surface Search Radar and the telescopic hangar.

Grabe... Ngayon pa lang naglalaway na ko... :blush: :blush: :blush:

Edited by heatseeker0714

are we getting this for free?

Looks like we're gonna go Italian on one of our ships... Soldati Class (Enhanced Lupo Class) Frigates of the Marina Militare Italiana's being eyed by the DND, the F 582 Artigliere... Smaller than the 3,000ton WHECS from the USCG at 950 tons but carries much more firepower, among which are;

8 Otomat Mk 2 Surface to Surface Missiles

1 Mk.29 octuple launcher for Sea Sparrow/Aspide Surface to Air Missile

2 Mark 32 triple torpedo tubes

1 OTO Melara 127/54 mm gun

2 OTO Melara Twin 40L70 DARDO compact gun (Italian CIWS)

It also has a Fire Control Radar, Surface Search Radar, Air Search Radar and Hull Mounted Sonar. Plus a telescopic hangar which can accomodate 1 Chopper...

Praying dearly to God that this deal does push thru and that them Italians don't remove any of the equipment already installed...

As compared to to BRP Goyo and the incoming BRP Ramon Alcaraz which currently only have the following upon turnover to us;

1 OTO Melara 76mm gun

2 Cal .50 Machine guns

Fire Control Radar & Surface Search Radar and the telescopic hangar.

Grabe... Ngayon pa lang naglalaway na ko... :blush: :blush: :blush:

Any predictions for tomorrow's protest action against China's bullying?

China is ready to go to war with us to end the Scarborough Shoal standoff.

The safety alerts came as government-controlled media in China warned the country was prepared to go to war to end the standoff over Scarborough Shoal–small islands in the South China Sea that both nations claim as their own.

"No matter how willing we are to discuss the issue, the current Philippine leadership is intent on pressing us into a corner where there is no other option left but the use of arms," the China Daily said in an editorial.

"Manila is living in a fantasy world if it mistakes our forbearance for timidity."

Whatnowpnoy?

Edited by dungeonbaby

USS George Washington, wherefore art thou?

Naku wag ka nang umasa hanggat yung Egoy na yun nakatira sa Bahay na Puti nung mga Kano... T@ngn@, si Chen Guangcheng nga nasa loob na ng embahada nila pinalabas pa eh para Lang wag madiskaril lakad ni Hillary, MDT pa natin na kailangan muna dumaan sa "Constitutional Process" nila asa pa tayo??? As a face saving gesture bigyan na Lang daw ng Scholar's Visa yung bulag. Bago pa makarating ng US yun bugbug Sarando na yon sa Chinese Security Forces... T@ngn@, tapos ipamumukha Nya sa mga instik "Human Rights" violation??? Bukod tangi Lang na si Obama nabalitaan kung Egoy na maliit T1t1.....

Si Romney sana manalo sa November...

Whatnowpnoy?

Napikon lang yan kasi di nila akalain na papalag na mga pinoy ngayon... Akala siguro nila papayag pa tayo maulit yung nangyari dati sa Panganiban a.k.a. Mischief Reef... Pag kasi nag backdown sila ngayon magpapahiya yang mga deputang yan sa mga mamamayan nila kaya Panay kasinungalingan binobroadcast sa bayan nila.... That's the problem with dictatorships, once the oppressed citizens smell a small crack in government authority and credibility, all merde would hit the proverbial fan and they would be driven from power... Me thinks they won't do it, but I'm praying that they do. Once they fire a single shell on any Philippine ship or fisherman, they lose. We may lose the battle, but we'll win the war...

Whatnowpnoy?

Napikon lang yan kasi di nila akalain na papalag na mga pinoy ngayon... Akala siguro nila papayag pa tayo maulit yung nangyari dati sa Panganiban a.k.a. Mischief Reef... Pag kasi nag backdown sila ngayon magpapahiya yang mga deputang yan sa mga mamamayan nila kaya Panay kasinungalingan binobroadcast sa bayan nila.... That's the problem with dictatorships, once the oppressed citizens smell a small crack in government authority and credibility, all merde would hit the proverbial fan and they would be driven from power... Me thinks they won't do it, but I'm praying that they do. Once they fire a single shell on any Philippine ship or fisherman, they lose. We may lose the battle, but we'll win the war...

How can we make an argument if we ourselves didn't ratify the UNCLOS?

i'm not sure about going to war with this president at the helm.

if all of you are eager to fight this thinking we can win of course through a vast of help doesnt really make the our country benefit in so many ways.

it is clear of 2 things 1) that area if im not mistaken is a nice source of resources

2) it isnt about land but my take is they arent happy with the freaking president of ours.

the philippines pride themselves of ofw because our country cannt stand on it own trying to generate money within the govt for a thousands of reason such as incompetent leaders, bad systems and no reforms done, even in the office there is no such word as liability to one owns action even our law if bullshit.

before all of you feed your hunger for a fight keep in mind the number or tens of thousands of pinoy living in china, the ones who are teaching, NGO's , engineers, workers etc that is also bringing in tons of money just to relieve our country of burden done by our own incompetent leaders. you dont know how much this is doing to us.

lastly you may speak pride i too feel obligated to stand but can we truly fight this? our politicians who are most responsible to what is our country is today is also faced with the responsibility of their people. ang tanong ko lang kaya bang labanan, kung aasa ka lang sa ibang bansa mag isip isip muna kayo at baka gamitin langtayo instrumento nila sa sarili nilang interest.

again we are at the mercy of their stupidity. im sure sa panahon na ito there is still diplomatic ways to deal with this, alam naman ng china na malapit sa atin ang mga islands na yan! there is just some beef with the politicians, ika nga magbasa basa kayo at malalaman nyo bakit ganyan ang bansang ito sa atin, its not about bullying but dahil sa leader natin ang dahilan na walang inatupag kundi ang love life nya.

Anong kasiguruhan nating tutulong ang mga KANO sa gulong ito, moreso papanig sa atin? Nanaisin ba ng US masira ang relasyon niya sa China para sa Pinas or kaya niyang isakripisyo ang Pinas?

Tandaan natin na ang China at US ang pinakamalaking mutual trade partners at major trade partners rin. Nun panahon ng cold war, kinilala ng US ang one China policy at hindi pumanig sa Republic of China (Taiwan).

Nuclear strike??? rolleyes.gif IMHO, parang exaggerated naman masyado kahit na humantong sa "worst-case scenario". I don't think China needs to use nuclear weapon to defeat us. Konting pitik lang iiyak na tayo hindi na kailangang sinturonin o ng matinding pamalo. At the end of the day thinking of this scenario to happen is a possibility but the probability is dim to none for this exaggerated event to actually happen.

Make LOVE wub.gif not WAR angry.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

Naku wag ka nang umasa hanggat yung Egoy na yun nakatira sa Bahay na Puti nung mga Kano... T@ngn@, si Chen Guangcheng nga nasa loob na ng embahada nila pinalabas pa eh para Lang wag madiskaril lakad ni Hillary, MDT pa natin na kailangan muna dumaan sa "Constitutional Process" nila asa pa tayo??? As a face saving gesture bigyan na Lang daw ng Scholar's Visa yung bulag. Bago pa makarating ng US yun bugbug Sarando na yon sa Chinese Security Forces... T@ngn@, tapos ipamumukha Nya sa mga instik "Human Rights" violation??? Bukod tangi Lang na si Obama nabalitaan kung Egoy na maliit T1t1.....

Si Romney sana manalo sa November...

i was thinking the same thing when the blind activist "escaped" his guards, ended up at the us embassy, and then was returned with apologies to chinese authorities. once the us embassy gave the guy asylum they shouldn't have withdrawn it, although i don't see why he deserved asylum in the first place. as for obama's administration, they are ready to give up their fishing, oil, and mineral rights over US waters. if they're willing to do that to themselves, why would they enforce our rights over our waters.

I was thinking of a worst-case scenario like a nuclear strike on Manila thus my rhetorical question. Haha! More often than not, it is a Republican president who is a hawk than a Democratic president so had Dubya still been the president of the US today, I think he'd do something about it, like maybe put the USS George Washington on the West Philippine Sea.

so would you or heatseeker pay me money if i went over to scarborough shoal, waved the flag, and lured the chinese into opening fire? laugh.gif

Brod parang narinig ka ni US Secdef Leon Panetta...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_world/view/1200351/1/.html

Pentagon chief calls for Senate to ratify law of sea treaty

• Downvote 1

The poster who alluded to my post didn't even get the gist of what I posted. There was a clear "Haha!" after the nuclear strike statement. It was more of levity than being serious. That poster should read and understand the gist before posting. laugh.gif

Natawa ka sa sarili mong post? hahaha!

• Downvote 1

i'm not sure about going to war with this president at the helm.

Di naman kailangan makipag-giyera para pumalag diba? the mere fact that Abnoy hasn't yet backed down after all these weeks eh pagpalag na din.

I don't like Abnoy, his father is an opportunist who's as greedy for political power as Marcos was, his mother "The Saint" stood by and did nothing when her siblings (Peping et al) and cousins, (the Lopas et al) plundered the country after Marcos (Grabe, wala pang 2 taon si Cory binebenta na yung Lote natin sa tokyo.), his Ate Balsy na madami ding ginawang kababalaghan sa malacanang during Cory's time and that Blabbermouth, STD Depository Slut sister of his, the "Queen of all Media". Plus his fascination with women way younger than him and his CLAN of Landgrabbers...

Pero one thing that that I like with Abnoy, hands down, in less than 2 years, he has spent more on the AFP Modernization than Ramos-Erap-Gloria combined...

• Downvote 1