Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

bought 100 years by g. marquez today... can't wait to read it... sale nga pala sa powerbooks greenbelt 4!!!  :D

Happy reading!

After that you might also want to try another one of his books Love In the Time of Cholera. It's about how love transcends the passage of time and the succesion of lovers........

Edited by bods1000

I like Neil Gaiman's work. Here's a list of my Gaiman titles:

Graphic Novels:

The Sandman (I): Preludes and Nocturnes

The Sandman (II): The Doll's House

The Sandman (III): Dream Country

The Sandman (IV): Season of Mists

The Sandman (V): A Game of You

The Sandman (VI): Fables and Reflections

The Sandman (VII): Brief Lives

The Sandman (VIII): World's End

The Sandman (IX): The Kindly Ones

The Sandman (X): The Wake

The Sandman: The Dream Hunters (hardbound)

The Sandman: Endless Nights

Death: The High Cost of Living

Death: The Time of Your Life

The Books of Magic

Murder Mysteries (hardbound)

Harlequin Valentine (hardbound)

Novels:

Stardust (Illustrated by Charles Vess)

Coraline (hardbound, Illustrated by Dave McKean)

Good Omens (with Terry Pratchett)

American Gods

Neverwhere

i would also recommend jd salinger's "catcher in the rye"

...the rest on the top of my list are:

harper lee's "to k*ll a mockingbird"

(for the moral values it carries)

arthur golden's "memoirs of a geisha"

(best love story for me, great depiction of Japanese "geisha" culture - every

woman would love this book, i can guarantee)

thomas hardy's "tess of the d'urbervilles" and

charles dicken's "a tale of two cities"

(appreciate them simply for their being classic, and i also enjoyed the romantic

twist especially tess.., tragic love stories touch me most)

anybody here familiar with orson scott card (i hardly remember the name)? ive read his book "seventh son". i think its the first in a series of three. would appreciate it if there's someone here who would be willing to lend book 2 and 3. ;)

enjoy reading everyone!

arthur golden's "memoirs of a geisha" (best love story for me, great depiction of Japanese "geisha" culture - every

woman would love this book, i can guarantee)

i was going to buy that book at powerbooks during their sale, pero it wasn't available then... that's why i ended up with 100 years by marquez... :P i am still searching though for "memoirs..." and i won't stop til i get my hands on it... ;)

Guest swtsexythng

authors:nicholas sparks, j.k. rowling, daniel steele

books: message in a bottle(n. sparks best book so far for me, and hindi umiyak dito, bato!), Harry potter series, The Gift

i was going to buy that book at powerbooks during their sale, pero it wasn't available then... that's why i ended up with 100 years by marquez... :P i am still searching though for "memoirs..." and i won't stop til i get my hands on it... ;)

If you can't find Memoirs.... I can lend you mine....

also Irving's A Son of the Circus, if you've still got a yen for his twisty stories after you've finished Garp :)

the book is worth the trouble looking for it, i assure you, so good luck searching ;)

read that while in college.......Irving has a quirky imagination...

try to also rent the movie ...it's got Robin Williams as Garp :)

i hope i can find a copy in the video stores since it was shot way back in the early 80's pa... i read some reviews on the internet and they said it wasn't really that good... is there any truth to this? what did you think of it? :rolleyes:

anyway, i personally feel that book versions are always better since they capture every detail... iba na kasi sa film eh and the directors have their own interpretations of the story... :)

If you can't find Memoirs.... I can lend you mine....

also Irving's A Son of the Circus, if you've still got a yen for his twisty stories after you've finished Garp :)

thanks bods1000... will take you up on that offer if all else fails... :rolleyes: but there's nothing like getting a copy of our own, noh? :)

will check out your recommendation (Irving's A Son of the Circus) too... thansk again! :)

i hope i can find a copy in the video stores since it was shot way back in the early 80's pa... i read some reviews on the internet and they said it wasn't really that good... is there any truth to this? what did you think of it? :rolleyes:

anyway, i personally feel that book versions are always better since they capture every detail... iba na kasi sa film eh and the directors have their own interpretations of the story... :)

if you happened to have read the book first, I'd say the movie is some sort of a letdown, particularly with this book. Garp the book turns this way and that and a film in the hands of a less than capable director may not be able to capture the essence of the book......

A better movie adaptation of an Irving book would be The Cider House Rules , the same movie where Michael Caine won as Best Supporting Actor some years back.

thanks bods1000... will take you up on that offer if all else fails... :rolleyes: but there's nothing like getting a copy of our own, noh? :)

will check out your recommendation (Irving's A Son of the Circus) too... thansk again! :)

sure, but the offer of a friendly meeting stays :P

Having a book affords you the pleasure of reading it again at some other time - where new life experiences bring another perspective to the story you've read before :)

I was at Powerbooks last night and I lucked up again...always been on the lookout for travel lit and I got Todd Balf's The Last River for 200+ pesos only - a hardbound book that originally sold for a thousand pesos. It's an account of an ill-fated whitewater expedition on the Tsangpo river in Tibet - considered to be the Everest of rivers.....great!