Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

hey jimmy.....

the movie is titled Like Water for Chocolate, but the book it is based on is entitled Chocolat (correct me if I'm wrong) by Julie Harris? (this too I'm not sure)....saw a copy of Chocolat at Booktopia just tonight....haven't  read it though or saw the movie.....I think the movie was nominated for a Best Picture a few years back....it had Juliet Binoche in it.....

the book "like water for chocolate" is by Laura Esquivel and is a mexican love story.

"chocolat" the movie on the other hand is set i think in Europe with a single mother as its main character.

the 2 are totally different stories but both revolve around FOOD and how it has affected its characters in a mystical way. :)

Edited by mayella76
the book "like water for chocolate" is by Laura Esquivel and is a mexican love story.

"chocolat" the movie on the other hand is set i think in Europe with a single mother as its main character.

the 2 are totally different stories but both revolve around FOOD and how it has affected its characters in a mystical way. :)

so it is, so it is.....

so extremely sorry for the gaffe :blush:

Was Like Water for Chocolate made into a movie?

Correct me if I'm wrong.....the book had chapters that revolved around a certain recipe, right?

so it is, so it is.....

so extremely sorry for the gaffe :blush:

Was Like Water for Chocolate made into a movie?

Correct me if I'm wrong.....the book had chapters that revolved around a certain recipe, right?

no worries! :)

i think that it was made into a movie... but i'm not really sure... :)

and yup! each chapter has a recipe, complete with ingredients and how to prepare the dish... kakagutom tuloy! :P

pinoy writer: sionil jose

foreign writers: e.b. white. john keegan

poets: william carlos williams, ee cummings, sometimes neruda

books: a lot. recently  ones are keegan's books--price of admiralty and world war one. next is his history of warfare.

typo error. i mean recent ones, not recently ones. fatigue is taking its toll. :)

another unforgettable book is "making of a filipino" by constantino. sionil jose's waywaya is probably the best collection of short stories by a filipino writer.

i love reading sidney sheldon's novels.. lahat na ata nabasa ko..

im starting to read john grisham's novels. interesting..

welcome, too, win.....

please feel free to rummage among the pages here....

nung kapanahunan ko and counterpart ngayon ni Sidney Sheldon ay si Jacqueline Sussan....Valley of the Dolls and Once in Not Enough made up our salacious fare then :D