Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

Thanks 'forbidden' and 'ryan00' for the advise. I am an entrepreneur besides being a book lover so I read mostly business books. Kotler has always been the marketing guru and he had taught many basic principles. In Search of Excellence first came out in the early 80's. I also read it, a little dated really but you can get a lot of ideas to apply to your company.

Anyway I also like to read other types of books. Classics, Best sellers, Biographies (especially about Bill Gates and Jack Welch!), etc. (I even read all the Harry Potter books!).

hey jimmy :D did u knw dat d author f in search of excellence publicly admitd to falsifying sum f hs research. hehe, yun lng :P remembrd my prof sayn sumtn like dat a coupl f yrs ago :D

hey may :D have u tried neil gaiman's endless nights? it's nt rly a book, but it's great wen ur pressd for tym :P

hehe, jst finishd it awhle ago :D

hey there myth! welcome to the thread... hmmm... i've been hearing about neil gaiman a lot lately... is his "book" good??? what do i hope to expect from it??? :rolleyes:

haha!!! :lol: oo nga lent na... :P

i haven't read much mexican literature... ganun ba talaga yun??? :rolleyes:

Latinos are passionate people so it sort of translates into their literature......Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Vargas Llosa, Isabel Allende - their works, although differently-themed sometimes always have some sprinkling of sensuality throughout their pages :P

......also, looking at your avatar makes me forget it's Lent

I don't know if there's anybody here who's into mysteries but I've always been a fan of Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes, Rex Stout, etc - devoured almost all of their books years ago......

Lately I've been into non-fiction but I've heard of Ian Rankin and his Inspector Rebus books.....parang I want to check them out - rich in atmosphere and characterization daw because they're set in Rankin's native Edinburgh.....

Latinos are passionate people so it sort of translates into their literature......Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Vargas Llosa, Isabel Allende - their works, although differently-themed sometimes always have some sprinkling of sensuality throughout their pages :P

......also, looking at your avatar makes me forget it's Lent

ooopppsss!!! :blush:

I don't know if there's anybody here who's into mysteries but I've always been a fan of Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes, Rex Stout, etc - devoured almost all of their books years ago......

Lately I've been into non-fiction but I've heard of Ian Rankin and his Inspector Rebus books.....parang I want to check them out - rich in atmosphere and characterization daw because they're set in Rankin's native Edinburgh.....

coincidence dude, jst downloaded a complete library f sherlock holmes books :) its crackd 2 so gt it complete :D

hey there myth! welcome to the thread... hmmm... i've been hearing about neil gaiman a lot lately... is his "book" good??? what do i hope to expect from it??? :rolleyes:

he wrote 3 books n a ton f comics... think a shade lighter than stephen king and throw in bits f philosophy n mythology :)

on d oposite end f d spectrum, u cud try books by ayn rand. more grounded n reality but equally impressive

wt kinda buks r u rly intrstd in? i mean d ones ud b willing to from one end f manila to the next to look for :P

HS years... i also used to devour agatha christie and sir arthur conan doyle.

ooopppsss!!! :blush:

:D

you gotta dress up your avatar a bit for the season......

ok yung tip sa 'yo ni lord - quite a good read yung 100 Years......

myth........ok yang mga Sherlock Holmes pampalipas ng oras....as mentioned by lord his stories are collected in several volumes pero maganda maumpisahan mo sa umpisa......I think his first stories were The Hound of the Baskervilles and some other story I forgot the title of......yung kasing mga bandang huli kalaban na niya lagi si Prof. Moriarty - may battle to the death pa nga sila lagi.......

lord......oh it's so good to see you here again....how are you? Agatha Christie too, ha? Sino favorite mo sa mga detective nya - si Inspector Poirot o si Miss Marple....whew, parang gusto ko uling magbasa ng mga yon ah

:D

you gotta dress up your avatar a bit for the season......

ok yung tip sa 'yo ni lord - quite a good read yung 100 Years......

myth........ok yang mga Sherlock Holmes pampalipas ng oras....as mentioned by lord his stories are collected in several volumes pero maganda maumpisahan mo sa umpisa......I think his first stories were The Hound of the Baskervilles and some other story I forgot the title of......yung kasing mga bandang huli kalaban na niya lagi si Prof. Moriarty - may battle to the death pa nga sila lagi.......

lord......oh it's so good to see you here again....how are you? Agatha Christie too, ha? Sino favorite mo sa mga detective nya - si Inspector Poirot o si Miss Marple....whew, parang gusto ko uling magbasa ng mga yon ah

inspector hercule poirot of course... did i get the name right? lolz.

i have the one where poirot died... a review in scarlet study or something like that..

and then we have five little pigs too..

agatha christie.

lolz.

i have the hound of baskervilles din... it's a collection nga. vol 1 and 2 po. you can buy it anywhere. lolz. try it.

explains everything.

inspector hercule poirot of course... did i get the name right? lolz.

i have the one where poirot died... a review in scarlet study or something like that..

and then we have five little pigs too..

agatha christie.

lolz.

i have the hound of baskervilles din... it's a collection nga. vol 1 and 2 po. you can buy it anywhere. lolz. try it.

explains everything.

you got the name right :) For the longest time during my teens I didn't know to pronounce "Poirot" hahaha......

A Study in Scarlet it was.....though I don't recall him having died there...

Several of Agatha's books were made into movies - most notable of which was Murder on the Orient Express - which had an all-star cast..

Another fave of mine back then were the Ellery Queen books....the mysteries were good and so much fun because before the last chapter, the author challenges the reader to analyse all the facts presented and then guess who the murderer or culprit was - the plots were so cleverly devised that I scored a zero for all his books - never really guessed right :lol: