Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

bods1000,

remember how a few pages ago, i was asking you whether that book by bauer which you were reading then contained that theory linking the cia-backed coup in iran to the religious extremism which culminated in 9-11? seems that i was referring to another book: All the Shah's Men by Stephen Kinzer. saw it at ink and stone last weekend; sayang, di sya kasama sa sale :(

books I love

The Godfather by Mario Puzo

The Last Don by Mario Puzo

Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, Digital Fortress by Dan Brown

ABNKKBSNPLAKo by Bob Ong

Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling

The Firm, Pelican Brief by John Grisham

Indiana Jones Series

The 12th Planet by Zecharia Sitchin

Books of Stephen King

at maraming-marami pa...

bods1000,

remember how a few pages ago, i was asking you whether that book by bauer which you were reading then contained that theory linking the cia-backed coup in iran to the religious extremism which culminated in 9-11? seems that i was referring to another book: All the Shah's Men by Stephen Kinzer. saw it at ink and stone last weekend; sayang, di sya kasama sa sale :(

ok....

did you happen to see any travel book for sale? Is the sale still on?

I was at A Different Bookstore in Eastwood last Sunday and I got hold of Paul Theroux's newest book Dark Star Safari which is about his overland journey through Africa - from Cairo to Cape Town. I'm a sucker for travel books and I've read most of Theroux's travelogues - through China, around the British Isles, through South America by train, his paddle journeys among the South Pacific isles....great reads by great writer. Meron kayang mahilig din ditong magbasa ng travel lit?

Aine, thanks for gracing the pages of this thread. Because of you this thread would never have prospered....In behalf of the regulars here, we thank you for your witty posts, scholarly remarks and your very warm presence.....you are missed here....hope you have an eternity of great reading.......

kainis! i've scoured all the nearby bookstores and am still unsuccessful in my quest for the geisha book... :( :cry: nagpareserve na lang tuloy ako sa powerbooks. i really hope i will be able to get a copy na soon! :unsure:

Edited by mayella76
kainis! i've scoured all the nearby bookstores and am still unsuccessful in my quest for the geisha book... :( :cry: nagpareserve na lang tuloy ako sa powerbooks. i really hope i will be able to get a copy na soon! :unsure:

well.....good luck na lang :)

in the meantime, you can write your memoirs while waiting for Memoirs :P

:D arthur golden - memoirs of a geisha

i wanna read that the new one "Geisha, a life" it's supposed to be more of a biography than a novel. i dunno.

B) jrr tolkien - the two towers

am currently reading the silmarillion

:rolleyes: chris martinez - last order sa penguin

a very funny 2 act play. palanca awardee

I got this tic looking at your avatar woooshooo!

What are you planning to read these

free days of Holy Week?

yeah right! haha!!! :P :lol:

i still can't get over the fact that i still do not have my geisha book. :( anyways, i finished the garp book a couple of weeks ago. real nice! :D am now planning to start reading 100 years by g.g.marquez. :)

yeah right! haha!!! :P :lol:

i still can't get over the fact that i still do not have my geisha book. :( anyways, i finished the garp book a couple of weeks ago. real nice! :D am now planning to start reading 100 years by g.g.marquez. :)

wow 100 years..

that's a standard book in one of my lit classes

but i managed to pass the course without reading the damn thing.

i don't even know what its about although my batchmates in school seem to think it's a nice book.

there's this cool biography of ggmarquez, i haven't read it though but iv heard good reviews.

:rolleyes:

bods1000,

sorry for the late reply. at any rate, it's moot; the sale was only til april 4.

i do recall seeing some travel books at books for less - pearl drive earlier this week, although i don't remember the titles. for all i know, you may already have them :lol:

100 years is indeed a staple sa Humanities classes ng UP, and tickle you should read it if you love language. It is the story of 3 generations of the Buendia family in Macondo. 100 years is a fine example of the 'magic realist' style ni GGM, and as is usual with his works you can read a lot of mini-stories intertwined with the bigger story of the novel. And madaming memorable characters. :)