Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

Question: is there anyone here who has actually gone to the extent of having his/her personal library insured? shrike? lord rochester?

am thinking of having mine insured kasi. just not sure if it's possible here.

MALACHIlolz. no. the only books that have worth in my collection are the autograped first-run books by local writers. most of my books are in paperbacks coz since HS i loan them to my friends and half-expecting it to return to my fold.

PCRPOGI

DA Vinci code, yea it became a nice read during the late 90s. interesting but cannot withstand thorough scrutiny and applied logic.

Question: is there anyone here who has actually gone to the extent of having his/her personal library insured? shrike? lord rochester?

am thinking of having mine insured kasi. just not sure if it's possible here.

i have several books din with me. i have my own private library na rin. who's shrike and lord rochester?

could we guys meet up? i mean we could swap books and stuff.

i have several cmputer programming books, few from anne rice, most of jeffrey archer's work, robert ludlum, some vc andrews some sidney sheldon, steinbeck, j.d. salinger, jane austen.

i think this is a nice thread. been looking for a thrad that i could really relate to and i like books. hmm.. patambay d2.

i even have 28 volumes of isaac asimov. i also have a copy of the hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy.

i'm currently reading shogun.

and i also have the 5 HP books, and the 3 lotr + the hobbit.

i'm trying to invest on robert jordan. haven't read anything from him. i have several filipino writers din.

hmm.. now sana may thread about coffee....

book, coffee and smokes.. that would be nice.

newbie po pala me d2. back read lang ako sa thread kasi i think i really like this thread.

PAG-IBIG :

there is a thread about coffee and yosi too. feel free to drop by.

good choice of books, from classic to sci-fis, to cheesereads to best sellers. :D hmmmmmm.

sadly i'm into technical books this past few years, i'm only reading an average of 2-3 fiction books per year now.

almost the entire collection of asimov. but of course you do know that he has many pseudonames, do you also have copies of it ? how about the collection of kurt vonnegurt ?

enjoy your stay and have fun always !

:mtc: :mtc: :mtc:

QUOTE :

i have several books din with me. i have my own private library na rin. who's shrike and lord rochester?

shrike and lord R are ... well ... uhurrmmm ... hmmmmmm ... friends :blush:

i've seen the yosi and coffee threads na. hard being a newbie.

i don't have the copies of asimov's pseudos.... sayang nga eh. kurt vonnegurt wala rin. sana meron din.

kaya nga sana we guys could meet.. para i could read some other books na rin... i'm down to reading the encyclopedia na eh and the dictionary since i've read everything in my library na.

better invest on books again.

ok. shrike and lord_rochester are friends. :rolleyes: ok.

Good morning pag_ibig, welcme to this thread!

28 volumes of isaac asimov? i'm impressed! i used to have the first 3 foundation novels, as well as several titles from the robots series, kaya lang an inconsiderate former classmate of mine borrowed them and failed to return them :( now i'm left with foundation's edge and foundation and empire :cry:

i do have several volumes of asimov's anthologies on science fiction and fantasy (i.e., Isaac Asimov's Magical Worlds of Fantasy and Isaac Asimov's Wonderful Worlds of Science Fiction). i'm still on the lookout for those volumes which i missed; would you have any of those? :)

i've seen the yosi and coffee threads na. hard being a newbie.

i don't have the copies of asimov's pseudos.... sayang nga eh. kurt vonnegurt wala rin. sana meron din.

kaya nga sana we guys could meet.. para i could read some other books na rin... i'm down to reading the encyclopedia na eh and the dictionary since i've read everything in my library na.

better invest on books again.

ok. shrike and lord_rochester are friends. :rolleyes: ok.

since i know what kind of books u 'll likely read i could lend you some. after sho-gun comes tai-pan.

anytime you'll be near ortigas CBD (emerald) give me a day's notice. i'll bring you a book or two.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to my LADY LORD ROCHESTER

MALACHI, PAG-IBIG, RIKER and ALL book lovers.

since i know what kind of books u 'll likely read i could lend you some. after sho-gun comes tai-pan.

anytime you'll be near ortigas CBD (emerald) give me a day's notice. i'll bring you a book or two.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to my LADY LORD ROCHESTER

MALACHI, PAG-IBIG, RIKER and ALL book lovers.

nyeks. a day's notice.. hmm..mahirap yon.. :D thanks for the offer though.

student eh.. you know how it is pag student na tapos na ang thesis at naghihintay na lang ng graduation...gimik everyday...everynight..so basically hindi ko alam kung saan ang location ko every night... pero tatlong places lang naman ako lagi eh. .. either sa qc (school), sa makati(with friends) or sa ortigas(part time work)... hmm...

nyeks. a day's notice.. hmm..mahirap yon.. :D thanks for the offer though.

student eh.. you know how it is pag student na tapos na ang thesis at naghihintay na lang ng graduation...gimik everyday...everynight..so basically hindi ko alam kung saan ang location ko every night... pero tatlong places lang naman ako lagi eh. .. either sa qc (school), sa makati(with friends) or sa ortigas(part time work)... hmm...

anyweiz if you happen to pass by 90proof emerald during late nights of Tuesdays and Fridays do txt me.

buti ka student pa ako kc fresh grad lang ei. :lol: :D :P :rolleyes:

:mtc: