Utah Jazz

FF

brings back memories podnuh! unfortunately , the rivalry was only good for about two years as the jazz descended into mediocrity and the kings ascended to supremacy in the west.

Sorry sir but i have to comment and disagree with this.

Well agree that Jazz fell out of the playoffs twice but Kings ascended to supremacy??!! When?? They never even reached WCF.

Sorry sir but i have to comment and disagree with this.

Well agree that Jazz fell out of the playoffs twice but Kings ascended to supremacy??!! When?? They never even reached WCF.

I believe they did reach the Conference Finals but of course, they didnt' win it. (vs. the Lakers if I'm not mistaken)

I believe they did reach the Conference Finals but of course, they didnt' win it. (vs. the Lakers if I'm not mistaken)

yup they did. however that was it for the kings who never reached the same level of competitiveness again. btw the jazz play the kings next at Arco. from being one of the lousiest road teams in the league , the jazz have reeled off FIVE straight road wins. will they win their sixth straight and 11th overall ? stay tuned ...

btw apologies to fellow jazz fanatic tanis. okay supremacy might be too royal a word for the kings. let's see ... "ascended to the western elite". maybe that's more like it.

Edited by FF
yup they did. however that was it for the kings who never reached the same level of competitiveness again. btw the jazz play the kings next at Arco. from being one of the lousiest road teams in the league , the jazz have reeled off FIVE straight road wins. will they win their sixth straight and 11th overall ? stay tuned ...

btw apologies to fellow jazz fanatic tanis. okay supremacy might be too royal a word for the kings. let's see ... "ascended to the western elite". maybe that's more like it.

I've always cheered for two NBA teams year in and year out. THe first one would be where my favorite player suits up and the second would be where my next would be idol's suiting up. In short, namamana ang loyalty ko. :lol:

My first NBA team's the Lakers because I'm a Magic Johnson fan. By late 80's it was the Lakers and the Jazz because I was impressed when I saw how John Stockton plays (I've always idolized point guards). So when Magic retired, I became a die-hard Utah Jazz fan! Then came Jason Kidd in 1993. My teams became Jazz and Mavericks, and then Jazz and Suns. I literally cried when Air Jordan beat our Jazz for the second time for Jordan's 6th title in 1998 (?).

Stockton retired and Jason Kidd transferred to the Nets. So here I am now. So you see, Jerry Sloan and the Jazz holds a place in my heart (and the LAkers, too) because I've supported these teams before.

After Kidd? I don't have a second team yet. Deron Williams and Chris Paul both earned my fancy because they can both score and run offensive sets. Pero sa totoo lang medyo mas bilib ako kay CP3 kahit hirap manalo ang Hornets niya sa Jazz. :lol:

THe Jazz are hot right now.. let's see. Btw, my next favorite player in Jazz uniform's AK47 but that's before Kyle Korver arrived. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
I've always cheered for two NBA teams year in and year out. THe first one would be where my favorite player suits up and the second would be where my next would be idol's suiting up. In short, namamana ang loyalty ko. :lol:

My first NBA team's the Lakers because I'm a Magic Johnson fan. By late 80's it was the Lakers and the Jazz because I was impressed when I saw how John Stockton plays (I've always idolized point guards). So when Magic retired, I became a die-hard Utah Jazz fan! Then came Jason Kidd in 1993. My teams became Jazz and Mavericks, and then Jazz and Suns. I literally cried when Air Jordan beat our Jazz for the second time for Jordan's 6th title in 1998 (?).

Stockton retired and Jason Kidd transferred to the Nets. So here I am now. So you see, Jerry Sloan and the Jazz holds a place in my heart (and the LAkers, too) because I've supported these teams before.

After Kidd? I don't have a second team yet. Deron Williams and Chris Paul both earned my fancy because they can both score and run offensive sets. Pero sa totoo lang medyo mas bilib ako kay CP3 kahit hirap manalo ang Hornets niya sa Jazz. :lol:

THe Jazz are hot right now.. let's see. Btw, my next favorite player in Jazz uniform's AK47 but that's before Kyle Korver arrived. ^_^

dwill beats jkidd and cp3 in the all-star skills challenge . :thumbsupsmiley: and in record time to boot ! :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

Hot Jazz Burn Warriors !

Deron Williams had 29 points and 12 assists, and the Utah Jazz overcame a shaky first quarter to beat the Golden State 119-109 on Tuesday night, sweeping the season series against the Warriors.

All-Star Carlos Boozer had 16 points and 12 rebounds, and Mehmet Okur also had a double-double with 16 points and 10 boards. Andrei Kirilenko added 18 points for the Jazz, who have won 13 of 14.

Utah is a scary team right now... - from a Houston fan here

thanks for visiting SoulMTC! deron is on a mission , okur is getting his shot back , ak47 has found his place in the team and korver spreads the floor with his 3 point shooting.

but then ... the rockets aren't bad themselves ... nine straight wins right ? :thumbsupsmiley:

• 4 weeks later...

the jazz complete a tough four games in five nights road swing through the east ; falling against the bulls and nets and winning against the bucks and the celtics. again utah is doing it's best jekyll and hyde impersonation ... almost unbeatable at home ( winning 18 straight ; 28-3 overall - best in the nba ) and just 16-21 on the road.

with the west race so tight ( just 4 games separate the 1&8 seeds in the west ) , utah's upcoming 8 game homestand should help in securing the jazz a playoff seat.

magaling din itong utah, akala ko after mawala ni stockton and malone, tapos na rin ang utah... hindi pa pala hehehe

actually ... the jazz missed the playoffs for three years bossing in the post stockton to malone era. gumaling lang ulit when they got okur , boozer and deron williams playing well together. it was only in 2007 ( last year lang ! ) that they made the playoffs again.

actually ... the jazz missed the playoffs for three years bossing in the post stockton to malone era. gumaling lang ulit when they got okur , boozer and deron williams playing well together. it was only in 2007 ( last year lang ! ) that they made the playoffs again.

oo nga pala hehehe... Pero nakakabilib sila, ang bilis bumangon... Di tulad ng boston nung mawala sina bird at mchale, ngayon na lang uli lumakas :thumbsupsmiley:

oo nga pala hehehe... Pero nakakabilib sila, ang bilis bumangon... Di tulad ng boston nung mawala sina bird at mchale, ngayon na lang uli lumakas :thumbsupsmiley:

only difference is that garnett , pierce and ray allen are in their early 30's while the jazz core of deron williams , okur and boozer , ak 47 and the others are relatively younger. boston's window to winning the championship is open right now but look for a dramatic drop off as their stars age. figure that the celtics rebuilding starts (again ) in 2011.

lakers vs. jazz on espn tom , friday , at 10.30 am :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

if the jazz win , they'll be just a full game behind for the top sees in the western conference .

Edited by FF
lakers vs. jazz on espn tom , friday , at 10.30 am :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

if the jazz win , they'll be just a full game behind for the top sees in the western conference .

jazz blow layups and miss fts. and thus the streak ends at the hands of the lakers who rode the back of their mvp candidate kobe bryant ( and some torrid three point shooting ) to blast utah out of the water.

except for a four point play by dwill , the jazz never came untracked. utah should bounce back with seattle coming into town . charlotte and chris paul are next on the agenda with the clips rounding up the homestead.

only difference is that garnett , pierce and ray allen are in their early 30's while the jazz core of deron williams , okur and boozer , ak 47 and the others are relatively younger. boston's window to winning the championship is open right now but look for a dramatic drop off as their stars age. figure that the celtics rebuilding starts (again ) in 2011.

TAMA, its now or never for boston... ray allen and KG i think has only 3-5 years left in their career... Kaya dapat ngayon pa lang mag-champion na sila... 17th Championships coming up!!!

TAMA, its now or never for boston... ray allen and KG i think has only 3-5 years left in their career... Kaya dapat ngayon pa lang mag-champion na sila... 17th Championships coming up!!!

three years is more like it dude. and the time is now for the green. for the jazz to compete for the championship , they need a shotblocking center in the middle. hope they find one in the offseason.

btw ... utah bounce back from the la beating by dumping the sonics. now its cp 3 versus dwill part 4 at the hornets arena.

how tight is the western playoff race ?

utah is just 2.5 games out of first place in the west ... and is also three games ahead of the 8th place warriors. with today's win vs. the charlotte bobcats , utah's remaining sked looks like this :

mar.28 clippers / mar.30 @ minnesota / march 31 washington / april 2 minnesota /april 4 spurs / april 8 @ n.orleans / april 10 @dallas / april 12 denver / april 14 houston / april 16 @spurs.

Note : the last six games are ALL against western playoff contenders.

GOOOOOOOO JAZZZZZ !

walk in the park.

more like walking through central park. if you're not careful ... you get mugged. like kobe and lakers. a stroll against the 'cats and a gimmme against the grislys (sic). and kapow ... 0-2 over their last two games.

ouch !