WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

O nga. I didn't know that he had throat CA. :(

Good job, Fatso!

I like your avatar. Foley's one of my faves also. Really funny guy. he has two books out, by the way. Both are NY Times Bestsellers! A good friend of mine lend me both, and I was soooo cracking up while reading 'em. :lol: And mind you, he didn't hire a ghostwriter...he wrote both books by himself.

I read The Rock's book too. It's entertaining, but I like Foley's books better because they're more graphic and funny. :)

Good job, Fatso!

I like your avatar. Foley's one of my faves also. Really funny guy. he has two books out, by the way. Both are NY Times Bestsellers! A good friend of mine lend me both, and I was soooo cracking up while reading 'em. :lol: And mind you, he didn't hire a ghostwriter...he wrote both books by himself.

I read The Rock's book too. It's entertaining, but I like Foley's books better because they're more graphic and funny. :)

Foley Fan present! :)

I have a copy of his 1st book... Havent read the 2nd book, & Tietam Brown.

I'm trying to have a copy of the IWA KOTDM'95 for the longest time... kaya lang la ako kakilala na taga-Japan.

Bang! Bang! ;)

I'm trying to have a copy of the IWA KOTDM'95 for the longest time... kaya lang la ako kakilala na taga-Japan.

Bang! Bang! ;)

I used to have a VHS copy of the King of the Deathmatches tape that I bought at a wrestling convention in NJ; I gave it away when I moved back to the Philippines. It's very bloody and very brutal. . .kind of like "The Passion of Cactus Jack". The thumbtacks getting stuck to the head is really sick :sick:

I have a copy of his 1st book... Havent read the 2nd book, & Tietam Brown.

Bang! Bang! ;)

The first book's funnier :)

I must admit, Foley writes well. And after reading his books I learned to respect the man even more. He truly is the Hardcore Legend...and his passion for wrestling can never be underscored :)

I used to have a VHS copy of the King of the Deathmatches tape that I bought at a wrestling convention in NJ; I gave it away when I moved back to the Philippines. It's very bloody and very brutal. . .kind of like "The Passion of Cactus Jack". The thumbtacks getting stuck to the head is really sick :sick:

AaaaaaaH! Sayang! :(

Meron ako FMW kaya lang mas curious ako w/ IWA's KOTDM.

The first book's funnier :)

I must admit, Foley writes well.  And after reading his books I learned to respect the man even more.  He truly is the Hardcore Legend...and his passion for wrestling can never be underscored :)

Bilib talaga ako sa mga bumps nya lalo na nung Attitude era (King of the Ring '98, etc).. Foley is Not GOD... But, FOLEY IS GOOD. :)

post-61-1082299778.jpg

Edited by fatso8

(Not So) Breaking News

Steve Austin, released by WWE (as of 4-16-04)... Contract negotiations between Steve Austin & the WWE bogged down, & as a result, he was released. They parted in good terms & may still work together in the future.

Apparently, Austin wanted to have the copyrights to the "Stone Cold" monicker, w/c the WWE owns.

Rumors have it that Goldberg & Austin are negotiating to have a match to be promoted in Japan (pro wrestling division of Pride).

(Not So) Breaking News

Steve Austin, released by WWE (as of 4-16-04)... Contract negotiations between Steve Austin & the WWE bogged down, & as a result, he was released. They parted in good terms & may still work together in the future.

Apparently, Austin wanted to have the copyrights to the "Stone Cold" monicker, w/c the WWE owns.

Rumors have it that Goldberg & Austin are negotiating to have a match to be promoted in Japan (pro wrestling division of Pride).

Really?!? Where did you hear about the news? :) So we won't be seeing Austin anymore in RAW :(

Too bad...I like him pa naman.

By the way, I saw the WWE lottery on Solar last week. Except for Triple H getting drafted to Smackdown and Kurt Angle being named as Smackdown GM, there were no major changes naman eh. Especially since TripleH was traded back to RAW in exchange for The Dudley Boys and Booker T.

Really?!? Where did you hear about the news? :) So we won't be seeing Austin anymore in RAW :(

Too bad...I like him pa naman.

By the way, I saw the WWE lottery on Solar last week. Except for Triple H getting drafted to Smackdown and Kurt Angle being named as Smackdown GM, there were no major changes naman eh. Especially since TripleH was traded back to RAW in exchange for The Dudley Boys and Booker T.

yeah... i'll definetely miss Austin... i mean, its plain and simple stupidity that WWE let him go... he's the reason for the resurrection of WWE from the ashes during the Monday Night Wars... he's the WWE attitude era himself... WWE will miss Stone Cold...

...and you know what, the "Triple H traded back to RAW" move simply SUCKS... Smackdown would definetely be in the next level with that trade...

yeah... i'll definetely miss Austin... i mean, its plain and simple stupidity that WWE let him go... he's the reason for the resurrection of WWE from the ashes during the Monday Night Wars... he's the WWE attitude era himself... WWE will miss Stone Cold...

...and you know what, the "Triple H traded back to RAW" move simply SUCKS... Smackdown would definetely be in the next level with that trade...

I know :( Smackdown could use some big names in its roster. What with Lesnar out and all :( I like Booker T, but I got sorta pissed with him yesterday 'coz he came on too strong in Smackdown and wala lang, I found him to be toooo abrasive. :) I know it's just for show, but I'm affected just the same. I didn't like the way he insulted Latino Heat. I loooove Guerrero pa naman :lol:

Both WWE Champions (Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero) came from WCW, they came in Together, and are, by all accounts, the best of friends.

Too bad that the two other guys who came in with them (Dean Malenko and Saturn) are now retired.

Dean Malenko (the man of a thousand holds) now runs a wrestling school in Tampa Bay , Florida

Both WWE Champions (Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero) came from WCW, they came in Together, and are, by all accounts, the best of friends.

Too bad that the two other guys who came in with them (Dean Malenko and Saturn) are now retired.

Dean Malenko (the man of a thousand holds) now runs a wrestling school in Tampa Bay , Florida

and perry saturn is now @ NWA-TNA... malenko also works as a road agent for WWE... well, malenko is quite the senior among the four (and least physically gifted, anyway...)

I know :( Smackdown could use some big names in its roster. What with Lesnar out and all :( I like Booker T, but I got sorta pissed with him yesterday 'coz he came on too strong in Smackdown and wala lang, I found him to be toooo abrasive. :) I know it's just for show, but I'm affected just the same. I didn't like the way he insulted Latino Heat. I loooove Guerrero pa naman :lol:

well, the way things have turned out, it seems that SD is concentrating on the tag-team scene... and they are pushing some sort of "people's champ" scenario (no, not like the rock... like bret and shawn michaels before - short, somewhat skinny men overcoming odds and beastly foes...)

...look for RVD to become the next SD champ in the next few months... you've heard it here first... probably after a PPV win by Booker T / any heel over Eddie...

well, the way things have turned out, it seems that SD is concentrating on the tag-team scene... and they are pushing some sort of "people's champ" scenario (no, not like the rock... like bret and shawn michaels before - short, somewhat skinny men overcoming odds and beastly foes...)

...look for RVD to become the next SD champ in the next few months... you've heard it here first... probably after a PPV win by Booker T / any heel over Eddie...

Small, not so buffed-up men winning over gigantic odds is good PR but doesn't it seem like a paradox that they turn out to be WWE Heavyweight champions, as in the case of Benoit? :) Benoit is extremely talented and he deserves the title, if only for working his ass off for 18 years - but for how long can he sustain the fans' interest? I'm just thinking - he isn't as charismatic as The Rock... as imposing as Triple H...or as interesting as John Cena/HBK maybe.

Anyhow, enough of that. What are your thoughts on The Evolution? :) How about EDGE's comeback?

It's possible that Chris Benoit could be the next - dare i say it? The next Bret Hart!

Think about it, both are Canadian, both are graduates of Stu Hart's infamous "Dungeon", both were part of the Calgary Stampede promotion, both worked in Japan, both worked their asses off for a long time before becoming champion, and both are damn good technical wrestlers. Oh, yeah, they also both do lousy mic work :).

Will Chris Benoit also get screwjobbed by Vince? Only time will tell, hehehe

It's possible that Chris Benoit could be the next - dare i say it? The next Bret Hart!

Think about it, both are Canadian, both are graduates of Stu Hart's infamous "Dungeon", both were part of the Calgary Stampede promotion, both worked in Japan, both worked their asses off for a long time before becoming champion, and both are damn good technical wrestlers. Oh, yeah, they also both do lousy mic work :).

Will Chris Benoit also get screwjobbed by Vince? Only time will tell, hehehe

You mean like what McMahon did to Brett Hart ages ago? :lol:

But Benoit, i think, has already improved in delivering his spiels. Well, sort of. At least now, he's given a chance to do some mic work. Though his lines aren't as kick-ass-y as those of The Rock, Cena, Foley, and some other WWE Superstars. Triple H, i think, tends to be a bit melodramatic at times. :)

You mean like what McMahon did to Brett Hart ages ago? :lol:

But Benoit, i think, has already improved in delivering his spiels. Well, sort of. At least now, he's given a chance to do some mic work. Though his lines aren't as kick-ass-y as those of The Rock, Cena, Foley, and some other WWE Superstars. Triple H, i think, tends to be a bit melodramatic at times. :)

I enjoy watching the promos of The Rock, Foley, Y2J, Flair, & Jerry Lawler.. Their funny & convincing when delivering their promos. :)

yup Stone Cold is moving on...so is Brock...

RAW is becoming the highlight of the WWE, almost all the good (i mean good not great) superstars are there. i think Cena is better to be placed a RAW than SD. he is a character, a really funny and entertaining character. the match i like to see is Orton and Cena.

let's face it, the two are getting all the attention in the WWE these days. eventually, Evolution will disband with Triple H blaming Orton about it. Orton has a very bright future ahead of him. i mean he is young (23 ata o 22), tall and very imposing. baka nga siya ang susunod na The Rock without the attitude(puro yabang lang). Cena ha made his place in the WWE.....dati whipping boy lang siya e ngayon he can get the attention of the audience with his theme song. (WORD LIFE!!)

that's my bold prediction....now it really seems that SD sucks because Angle sucks...:lol:

MA di ko alam WWE fan ka pala. knowledgable pa.....kakaiba si lande!!!

yup Stone Cold is moving on...so is Brock...

RAW is becoming the highlight of the WWE, almost all the good (i mean good not great) superstars are there. i think Cena is better to be placed a RAW than SD. he is a character, a really funny and entertaining character. the match i like to see is Orton and Cena.

let's face it, the two are getting all the attention in the WWE these days. eventually, Evolution will disband with Triple H blaming Orton about it. Orton has a very bright future ahead of him. i mean he is young (23 ata o 22), tall and very imposing. baka nga siya ang susunod na The Rock without the attitude(puro yabang lang). Cena ha made his place in the WWE.....dati whipping boy lang siya e ngayon he can get the attention of the audience with his theme song. (WORD LIFE!!)

that's my bold prediction....now it really seems that SD sucks because Angle sucks...:lol:

MA di ko alam WWE fan ka pala. knowledgable pa.....kakaiba si lande!!!

WWE is the reason I go home early every Wednesday and Friday --- and shack up at home Saturdays and Sundays - hoping, of course to catch the replays of RAW, Heat, Smackdown and Velocity if I missed them on weekdays :lol:

John Cena is really the Franchise. He may not be as imposing as Triple H or Undertaker maybe, but he sure packs a lot of WWE attitude in his buffed-up frame. I really, really looove it when he rhymes and bastardizes Big Show, Kurt Angle...and Paul Heyman, when he used to be with Smackdown.

As for Evolution, i really think they should break up na. Like you said, Orton has great potential and he can be the next big thing - if handled well. Batista also could be something. But unless he distances from the Nature Boy and Orton, he'll always be known as the wrestler who rode with Ric Flair and Orton.

It's also good that Edge has come back. I vaguely remember what he looked like before when he and Christian used to be a tag team. But whatever, his protruding chin remained that - protruding.

As for Smackdown...somebody posted here that the franchise's focus will be more on Tag TEams - I guess that's why the Dudley Boyz have joined the ranks of The Basham Brothers and Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty. I wonder if the tag team of Booker T and RVD will also be revived - now that both of them are in SD.

Mutty...I loooove Wrestling. Some people don't get it nga eh...I don't get it myself sometimes. But what the heck, nothing beats the sight of guys on steroids powerbombing, superplexing, pedigree-ing, FU-ing, F5-ing, clotheslining, etc... one another :lol: :lol: :lol:

well MA, my mom and sister always nag me about watching wrestling. and hirit lagi, "totoo ba nag mga yan? di scripted lang naman ang mga ginagawa nila." my answer to them is, "bakit kayo nanunuod ng tele-novela o soap opera? di ba di rin naman totoo yun?"

it is scripted but i like how the stories are told. lalo na nung si hurricane naging side-kick si rosey. what a laugh!!!

basta kapag si Cena at Orton magkita. for the WWE Heavyweight Championship na sana.

I sooooo love wrestling lande!!! gusto ko maging manager. hehehehe

Guest Dobermaxx
I wonder if the tag team of Booker T and RVD will also be revived - now that both of them are in SD.

I doubt that. As per wwe.com Booker kicked RVD's ass on smackdown last night. :blink:

well MA, my mom and sister always nag me about watching wrestling. and hirit lagi, "totoo ba nag mga yan? di scripted lang naman ang mga ginagawa nila." my answer to them is, "bakit kayo nanunuod ng tele-novela o soap opera? di ba di rin naman totoo yun?"

it is scripted but i like how the stories are told. lalo na nung si hurricane naging side-kick si rosey. what a laugh!!!

basta kapag si Cena at Orton magkita. for the WWE Heavyweight Championship na sana.

I sooooo love wrestling lande!!! gusto ko maging manager. hehehehe

Wouldn't it be nice if you'd be like Theodore Long someday? :lol: :P

The Hurricane and Rosey tandem's really a major laugh trip! :lol:

I've always enjoyed watching wrestling, but it was only recently that I really understood the sport...and truly appreciated the hype. Actually, I learned more about WWE from Foley's books than from watching it for close to a decade now. I was telling nga Dobs, that it was only recently that I learned that Wrestlemannia pala is the Superbowl of WWE. :lol: I didn't pay too much attnetion to it before kase, obssessed as I was with my favorite superstars. :lol:

I remember about three or four years ago, when The Rock used to be active, I'd cry everytime he loses a match :lol: I 'd stay up till 12 or 1am just to watch the main wrestling event, which was almost always highlighted by The Rock.