Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

Nakabili na din ako ng Beckett kanina, 280PHP. Unlisted Star na pala si GHill, ang tagal ko na din kasi huling humawak ng Beckett, Star pa sya noon hehe. Ang dami pa din price na hindi ko alam lalo na yung ibang mga lumang cards hindi na nakalista sa Beckett...

Nakakagulat din yung ibang price ang tataas na. Yung 96-97 Hoops Grant's All-Rookie Team yung kay Kobe $160, dati pang trade ko lang yun eh. :lol:

Para talagang stocks ang prices ng cards ano? :) Who ever thought that Kobe would be this good in the hobby.. I mean before Lebron came siya ang susunod na mataas next kay Jordan.. I still remember dati na yung Topps Chrome RC niya nasa $8 lang.. Tapos biglang bulusok hanggang umabot pa yata ng $600 at one point..

pati yung Draft Redemption ni Vince Carter, $50 lang sya dati nung binitiwan ko ngyon $100 na waaaaah! :( nanghihinayan tlga ako, sayang!

As I have said.. Madaming draft redemptions ang talagang tumaas in value..

Kaso pare okay lang yun.. yung $50 naman dati iba na din ang value sa $100 ngayon.. baka pareho na lang in value di ba?

.. Beginning to admire Adam Morrison's upside.. When I checked wikipedia.. I read that Morrison had diabetic problems but fought off the disease during his high school days (sometimes even playing sick but still ripping up the stat sheets).. This made colleges not to heavily recruit him.. So he ended up with Gonzaga.. His fighting spirit might just be enough to propel his stature in the NBA..

Thus, I am keeping my fingers crossed coz I have gotten several RCs yesterday in e-bay prices.. Got the Lucky 14 Ultra for $8.. around Php500 dito.. and some of his other RCs from Ovation and Bowman Elevation for P400 each.. I am targetting an autographed card.. Sana makakuha na ako.. His auto would be rare at one point coz he will only sign with Topps this year.. And as we know, mas kakaunti ang products ng Topps compared to Upper Deck.. :P

Oi Revi mag post k nlng ng pic ng cards mo masaya n ko hehehe

hehehe!!! Have to oblige to a co-Spurs fan.. :)

These are some of my favorite rookie cards of Tim Duncan.. First is his Topps Chrome Refractor.. $100.. Second is his Regular Topps Chrome RC.. $40.. Third is his Bowman's Best Refractor RC.. $20.. and his SP Authentic RC.. $25..

His Chrome RC is his most expensive RC.. Pangalawa lang ang SP Authentic RC.. Pinaka-nahirapan ako sa Chrome RC niya coz I wanted good centering.. Yung SP Authentic na RC ni TD and hirap kumuha.. but I bought mine at just Php200.. nung 1997 ko pa ito nakuha kasi akala nung seller hindi ito hard to find.. Matagal na itong mga RCs na ito sa akin (except for the Refractor Chrome) at medyo nahirapan akong makipag-deal just to get them..

I am looking for his Bowman's Best Atomic Refractor valued at $40..

post-75683-1160977494.jpg

bossing ask ko lng san nakakabili ng per box ..?? san specifically ..?? 200 per box

I will be at Courtside most probably on Saturday as well.. May mga kukunin akong cards sa mga kausap ko kasi eh.. Well, hope to see you there..

Depends on what kind of set.. But usally sets are not given too much premium unless you will go international on e-bay.. coz there are kids there who buy team and product sets.. Medyo mahirap din bumuo ng mga sets out of boxes but some opened boxes (nakuha na yung mga inserts, etc.) are being sold at a maximum of P200 per box sa ilang card shops dito.. So makakabuo ka but usually without the rookies..

Kaso kung kasama ang rookies na numbered sa set.. Ito yung mahal.. Pwedeng umabot ng P5K at the lowest per set..

Prices on boxes (sealed) vary from as low as P4 to as high as P45K (Exquisite Packs ito)..

bossing ask ko lng san nakakabili ng per box ..?? san specifically ..?? 200 per box

There are 3 shops (but only one owner) which sells P200 per opened box.. all common cards.. but includes everything.. common Jordan, Iverson, James, etc. --- lahat except the inserts syempre..

One shop is JAE Collectibles in Megamall, Basement.. one in Ashcreek, Greenhills, and a shop in Virra Mall, Greenhills (2nd floor).. Yung dalawang shops walang names eh.. :)

Product inormation on an up and coming release this coming December..

2006/07 Fleer Basketball HOBBY Sports Trading Card Box

Release Date: 12/20/2006

Breakdown: 12 boxes/case, 36 packs/box, 10 cards/pack

This release will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the release of the most important NBA trading card product of all time. This release will be loaded with cool, exciting content that will celebrate the 86-87 Fleer NBA set, and more specifically the one and only true rookie card of Michael Jordan. In addition, this will mark the first time EVER that an autographed Michael Jordan card will be in a Fleer product, and there will even be buybacks of Jordan's rookie card that are signed! The hobby version of this product will exclusively feature one original 86-87 Fleer buyback card in every box! As you are all well aware, the RC's on that checklist are loaded with future and current Hall of Famers. In addition, all of the inserts that made the Fleer brand great return, including Rookie Sensations and Team Leaders.

CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS:

Look for 1986-87 Fleer Buybacks falling one per box on average

Pull autographed 1986-87 Fleer Buybacks including the Michael Jordan Rookie Card

Look for one memorabilia card per box on average

Autographics returns including Michael Jordan

Rookies and Inserts, 1 of each in every pack on average

Collect Michael Jordan Missing Links, memorabilia cards of Michael Jordan that were never produced

PRODUCT BREAKDOWN:

Autograph Cards:

Autographics

Autographed 1986-87 Fleer Buybacks

Memorabilia Cards:

Throwbacks

Michael Jordan Missing Links

Inserts and Parallels:

1986-87 Fleer Buybacks

Michael Jordan's Platinum Influence

Team Leaders

Rookie Sensations

1986-87 Fleer 20th Anniversary

Regular Cards and Rookies

200 Card Base Set

50 Rookies (1 Per Pack)

----

From Upper Deck (as UD has bought the Fleer/Skybox Brand when the said company became non-existent).. $45 yata per box.. Quite cheap for the probability of pulling a buyback card from the 86 Fleer set (which includes RCs of Charles Barkley, Hakeem, Joe Dumars, Karl Malone, Dominique, Isaiah.).. Ang daming magagandang lumang RCs dito.. Masarap sugalan.. Plus the fact that there is a buyback RC autographed of MJ.. Might buy a box if this would not be a fluke and really come out in the market..

Check out the autographics MJ.. as pictured below.. His first "would-be" autographed card from Fleer.. Ganda!!! :cool:

post-75683-1161074583.jpg

There are 3 shops (but only one owner) which sells P200 per opened box.. all common cards.. but includes everything.. common Jordan, Iverson, James, etc. --- lahat except the inserts syempre..

One shop is JAE Collectibles in Megamall, Basement.. one in Ashcreek, Greenhills, and a shop in Virra Mall, Greenhills (2nd floor).. Yung dalawang shops walang names eh.. :)

200 per opened box? mura pero wla ng makukuhang magagandang cards. puro common cards nlang ba yan? or baka meron mga RC na magagandang makukuha dyan? if ever na bibili ng box na ganayan... what kind would you recommend?

200 per opened box? mura pero wla ng makukuhang magagandang cards. puro common cards nlang ba yan? or baka meron mga RC na magagandang makukuha dyan? if ever na bibili ng box na ganayan... what kind would you recommend?

People who buy these boxes usually are after the re-sale value of the common cards.. Kasi if you have a shop or may consignment ka.. ma-bebenta mo na ang isang Lebron sa P50-P100, Iverson sa P30.. So pwede pagkakitaan ang common cards.. Minsan, there are products that na hindi short printed ang rookie cards.. So, itong mga ito kasama na sa opened boxes..

Meron nga 2 months ago binuksan nila yung UD Rookie Debut.. 1 per 3 packs ang rookie cards eh.. So kahit papaano short printed.. Ayun nag-scrimmage ako ng mga RCs na magaganda sa isang box.. Ubos kaagad ito pare.. Yun ngang Press Pass iniwan nila yung mga inserts and yung mga numbered to 100 eh.. Ubos din agad.. Pwede kang mag-scrimmage naman eh.. Nabukas nga sila ng Fleer Ultra eh.. Eh hindi alam na short print yung Lucky 14 na RCs (ang hirap maghanap ng Lucky 14).. Pinapakyaw ba naman sa isang tao lahat ng boxes sa 2 case.. Pucha! Swerte nga nung nakabili eh.. e-bay yung mga yun diretso.. At the least $8-10 nag-e-end ang Morrison RC common dito sa e-bay.. Minsan pa nga umaabot pa ng $15..

If you are asking me kung ano maganda box na bilhin without the RCs.. It would be SPX.. kasi maganda ang design at medyo madami ang cards as say compared to a box of SP Game Used na kakaunti ang cards..

pare can you give us tips nman sa transaction sa ebay. anong method of payment na ginagamit? kasi ayoko gumamit ng credit card eh, hdi secured and credit card online. :D

Well, if you back read a little bit, I think I have elaborated my e-bay habits to dshock.. I do not bid on international sellers.. I only bid on the Filipino sellers that are within Metro Manila and are into pick-ups instead of mail.. Kasi (as you know) there are e-bay sellers who are Philippine based but sell internationally.. Dun lang ako nag-bi-bid..

Takot ako na gamitin ang credit card.. at ayaw ko rin maki-ride sa paypal ng iba.. dahil ang laki ng patong ng may mga paypal.. Plus, takot ako na mag-bid from abroad coz there are a lot of stories na binayaran mo na.. wala pa din yung item.. nakakatakot.. :cry: Dahil hindi naman barya-barya lang kapag nagustuhan mo ang isang rare item.. :D

Kaya pick-ups ang gusto ko dahil gusto kong ma-scrutinize ang product before I buy them.. Minsan kasi concealed yung damage eh.. So, makakahingi ka ng discount minsan.. At minsan you can just cut-off the transaction..

Got a JJ Redick and a Hilton Armstrong (pick 11) rookie card from UD Hardcourt today.. The Redick was at P250 and the Armstrong I got for 100 bucks.. both #d to 1750..:D I have bought several 06-07 RCs over the past few months.. Rudy Gay, Brandon Roy, Randy Foye, Tyrus Thomas, Marcus Williams, Rajon Rondo, Adam Morrison.. etc.. Madami-dami na rin akong naipon.. Ewan ko lang if this year's batch is a good investment..

Several of their autographs as well.. As you can see here.. (most notable.. Shelden Williams, Brandon Roy, JJ Redick, and Randy Foye).. I will post the other Rookie Autos on my next posts..

post-75683-1161327852.jpg

.. Here are my other 06-07 Rookie card autographs that I have purchased over the bay or from the secondary market..

First off is a Bowman Elevation Red Autograph of Ronnie Brewer #d to 59.. Ronnie Brewer is a first round pick of the Utah Jazz and is presumed to be given playing time by Coach Sloan.. playing not behind Matt Harpring or Boozer but might start.. (bought at P400 bucks)

Second is Rodney Carney.. Bowman Elevation Blue Auto #d to 99.. Carney is turning heads in his pre-season games and would likely be used a lot in the Sixers' rotation.. (P250 bucks)

Third is Patrick O Bryant, 9th pick overall.. Medyo sugal ito.. Has not seen much playing time.. and I think Ike Diogu is a better Center.. (P400 bucks)

Fourth is Marcus Williams auto (UD Reflections).. This dude is considered as the best point guard in the draft.. The Nets took him and might just be a sleeper in the draft.. He had a good college season with UConn and might just be the back-up Jason Kidd needs.. Although if Jay Williams would play like the way he did with the Bulls before he got injured then he might just play back-up to both players.. But I do think he is a good deal for the Nets.. (P200 bucks)

BTW, wala pa lahat prices itong mga ito as of now sa bagong Beckett..

post-75683-1161338080.jpg

Edited by revi

... Another batch of my 06-07 RC Autographs..

First, Jordan Farmar (Bowman Elevation).. The former UCLA Bruin was taken in by the LA Lakers in the first round and knowing the hobby market of the Lakers.. Farmar's cards just might have its own bright spot in the hobby.. (bought at: P200)

Second, Quincy Douby.. This is my second auto of the Kings' Douby.. This is another Elevation autograph.. I am really thinking that Douby would be a great addition to the Kings' offense coz he is instant offense.. off the bench.. or might play side by side with Mike Bibby and create a one-two punch in the guard positions.. (bought at: P200)

Third, Press Pass #d to 100 Hilton Armstrong.. According to Byron Scott (coach of the Hornets), he will definitely use Armstrong coz of the latter's rebounding and defensive skills.. Might even start.. So, his stock might just go up a little bit in the hobby.. But definitely not a Jamaal Magloire type of a player.. (bought at P150)..

Fourth is Steve Novak, the Rockets' First Rounder.. Novak is a deadly shooter from the outside and might be a good fit given the erratic Luther Head in the back court.. I was able to view in NBA.com the scoring ability in some pre-season games of Novak.. And boy! Can he shoot the ball.. I have a soft spot for pure shooters that is why I got this card.. Hmmmm.... (bought at P200)..

post-75683-1161412231.jpg

The new Beckett is out.. Did not buy it.. But just browsed through the price guide..

And pinaka-newest priced product is the UD Rookie Debut.. As expected yung Morrison RC ang pinaka-mahal.. $8.00.. Ang nakakapagtaka are the low prices of the rookie autographs.. Brandon Roy (the one I posted above) is just at $25.. Considering now, this auto sells up to as much as $20-$30 sa e-bay.. I think dapat nasa $30-$40 yung High price nun.. :cry:

im planning to purchase a box, sa tingin mo anong box ang magandang bilhin? yung may mga makukuha na auto patches and other autos, jerseys

As of now, ang naka-out pa lang (for the 06-07 season) ay ang Upper Deck Rookie Debut, Bowman Elevation, UD Reflections, Fleer Ultra and Upper Deck Hardcourt.. Released na sa States ang Topps but wala pa yata dito..

Bowman Elevation offers (I think) an autographed per box, and several jerseys.. tsambahan ang patch.. But I think the box price is kinda high.. UD Rookie Debut wala masyadong makukuha per box although hindi mataas ang presyo.. UD Reflections offers almost the same odds with Elevation but is also expensive.. Fleer Ultra does not offer inserts per box yata but mura din..

Yung Upper Deck Hardcourt naman offers 1 Game Floor per box of either Lebron James or Jordan, a Game Used Jersey, a rookie card #d to 1750 and a UD Black Redemption Card.. Guaranteed ito lahat per box.. Minsan may auto din.. Sabi nila nasa P4K to 5K yata ito per box..

If you are asking what to get na bago.. well get the Hardcourt box.. Yung UD Black Redemption is kinda HOT now.. Check the site UDBlack.com sa net para hindi ko na i-explain itong redemption card na ito.. Magkakalat ito in the long run and it seems na ang rarity nito ay dependent on what would be given to you.. I am thinking of buying a box of UD Hardcourt because of the UD Black but I wanna be sure kung worth it ito.. Kasi sabi sa mga forums tungkol sa sports cards, Upper Deck Black Redemption Cards would be easy to get coz it would be 1 per box in a lot of UD's releases..

Also, maybe you could wait a couple of months.. Dahil lalabas na ang ibang products.. SP Game Used, a game-used item per pack or an auto guaranteed.. yun nga lang ang isang box ay nasa 10K yata.. Para mas madami ka choices..

Just try looking around, ayoko kasi na magsalita kung ano maganda kunin.. Just be sure to know what you wanna get.. read the odds at the back of packs or the sides of the boxes.. Kasi ako baka sumugal ako dun sa lalabas na Fleer.. I wanna get some buy back RCs kasi of the 86-87 set ng Fleer (see above post)..

Check this site.. charmcitycards.com.. baka makatulong sa iyo for the upcoming releases and the past releases..

magkano ba ang isang BOX ng nba cards?

Depends on what brand and what are the inserts that are available in the box..

For example, if the box has a guaranteed # of autographs and game used items per box.. mas mataas ito keysa sa dun sa mga Topps na ang guaranteed lang ay a bunch of #d cards or rookie cards at mataas ang odds ng autographs or even game used items..

Prices range from as low as P3K to 4K to as high as even P10K up to as much as P45K/per pack --- ito nga yung Upper Deck Exquisite Collection..

FYI, I have stopped opening boxes.. and even packs.. Ang ginagawa ko na lang ay bumibili na lang ako ng gusto kong singles even at high prices.. Kasi yung odds na matalo ka sa boxes ay malaki than winning.. Unless you open cases.. Then again, may chance pa rin na matalo ka kahit cases na ang ioopen mo.. Not just one case ha? Cases ang sinasabi ko.. I let the opening of cases be done by other people who sell what they pull.. :cool: Some people enjoy opening boxes.. I still do enjoy opening boxes as well but when I look at my credit card bill & my savings account, I become a disgruntled SOB.. So wag na lang.. Minsan pasundot-sundot.. (ng mga 3-5K na boxes..) :D

^^ The Fleer RC of Kobe is at $6.. The Tim Hardaway 1996-97 Autographics is at $15 lang but yung 97-98 Autographics ay nasa $30.. Kasi sabi mo 1997, so I am giving you both the 96-97 and 97-98 prices of Hardaway's autographics.. I have the 3 Autographed cards of the well known RUN T-M-C Golden State players.. Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, and Chris Mullin.. Para mas malinaw ang sagot ko I have posted some pictures.. Para may samples ka..

The Timmy Hardaway pictured here is the 96-97 Autographics.. valued at $15.. The Chris Mullin is from the 97-98 set and is valued at $40.. While the Mitch Richmond is a buyback from SP Authentic 1998.. Nasa $30 din to $40 ito..

post-75683-1161593560.jpg

Another e-bay day gone and I just won one item I wanted.. $12.55 for a Hassan Adams RC Autographed Card #d to 99 from UD Ovation.. This is a real rookie card of the Nets point guard rookie from Arizona.. Mura na ito coz the RC#d to 99 sa Ovation ay natatapos ng malaki sa e-bay dahil low numbered and autographed.. :D Plus Adams is one fella who is being used heavily in the Nets rotation in the pre-season games.. Esp. now that Marcus Williams is listed as day to day due to injury.. and Jay Williams is not really performing well.. Baka siya ang maging back-up ni JKidd..

Natalo ako sa Rajon Rondo UD Hardcourt RC Autographed #d to 399.. Grabe!!! The card went up to as much as $36.. Considering Rondo is not even a Top 15 pick.. :blink: People are really into his spectacular plays in this year's pre-season games.. Masyado ng mataas yun.. I also lost sa LaMarcus Aldridge Auto Hardcourt RC.. Kaso ito okay lang ang presyo sa $15.50.. That Rondo card was priced absurdly.. Itong mga Kano talaga.. they speculate like there is no tomorrow.. Madami pa lalabas niyan coz they are #d to 399..

Here is the pic of the Hassan Adams card that I recently won:

post-75683-1161666880.jpg

Edited by revi

^^ Hobby-wise, most NBA card enthusiasts think that Adam Morrison would turn-heads once the season starts.. So, si AMMO (the term used for Morrison) ang rookie na pinaka-"hot" sa ngayon.. As I track e-bay, I have seen his autographs really sell over the top.. His Rookie Cards are now being hoarded.. Ewan ko lang if he would live up to his hype.. But if you are asking me, malaki ang pag-asa niya coz of his fighting spirit (as compared to Van Horn).. this guy had diabetes while playing in his high school and some games in college.. But he fought the disease and just transformed lowly Gonzaga into a contender.. Plus the fact that he will be teaming up with the up & coming Bobcats with Okafor, Sean May, Gerald Wallace and Raymond Felton..

Off the bat, ang iba pang hot rookies sa ngayon are Tyrus Thomas, Brandon Roy, Randy Foye.. But I dunno but I don't think that Tyrus Thomas would be what the Bulls expect him to be.. I do not believe in his hype and I fell he will just be the second coming of Tyson Chandler or even Marcus Fizer.. Brandon Roy and Randy Foye can really light up the score board and might just be superstars in the future.. Another rookie I am thinking of is Rudy Gay.. But playing in Memphis might just not be good for his hobby stature.. Just look at Battier (before) and Pau Gasol..

So, if I would rank my Top Ten rookies to collect these would be as follows:

1) Adam Morrison

2) Brandon Roy

3) Randy Foye

4) Rudy Gay

5) Tyrus Thomas

6) La Marcus Aldridge

7) Ronnie Brewer

8) JJ Redick

9) Rajon Rondo (a high first rounder but just impressed with his game)

10) Renaldo Balkman (another high first rounder)

... other honorable mentions would be: Marcus Williams, Hassan Adams, Shelden Williams, Hilton Armstrong, Rodney Carney and of course, Andrea Bragnani (the first pick overall).. :blink:

I would not bet on high picks in the form of Patrick O Bryant, Saer Sene.. Just does not impress me one bit..

Sana tama predictions ko.. lalo na kay Morrison coz I have some cards already of AMMO na medyo mahal ko nakuha.. but I have not taken an autographed card yet.. Medyo mataas pa masyado ang speculations ng ibang tao kaya ang taas sobra ng bentahan sa e-bay or even dito.. :(

Edited by revi