Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

may nabibili ba na NBA card box na 1k below..?? san kaya nakakabili ..?? :cool:

Wala tsong!!! :P In my many years of collecting wala pa akong nakitang below 1K na box except for some na nakaw before.. hehehe!!! P500 per box lang yung 1997-98 Skybox Premium binenta sa akin.. Bumili nga ako ng 10.. hehehe!!! :cool: Tagal na nito..

^^ Hobby-wise, most NBA card enthusiasts think that Adam Morrison would turn-heads once the season starts.. So, si AMMO (the term used for Morrison) ang rookie na pinaka-"hot" sa ngayon..

As of today, I have 5 Morrison Rookie cards (I need the UD Hardcourt rookie..)..

Below are the pictures..

First is the UD Rookie Reflections parallel #d to 299, then UD Ovation #d to 999, then UD Rookie Debut (I have three of these), fourth is the Fleer Ultra Lucky 14 and Bowman Elevation #d to 999..

post-75683-1161788448.jpg

Won several items on e-bay again..

First: Ronnie Brewer (rook of the Utah Jazz) rookie card Autographed from UD Hardcourt #d to 399.. Got it for $12.01.. I won this card with that .01 butal.. hehehe!!! Sniped the card, in other words.. As my maximum bid was at $12.01.. Swerte!!! :P

post-75683-1161842916.jpg

Edited by revi

@edward: Good choices for this year's batch of rookies who would impact both the hobby and the game.. Brandon Roy, Adam Morrison and Randy Foye are all making much noise in the hobby.. Tyrus Thomas, Rajon Rondo, Rudy Gay are the other three.. According to the new issue of Beckett, Adam Morrison, Tyrus Thomas and JJ Redick are the money cards..

@dreamshocker: Hindi lang si Tim Duncan ang nag-excel.. Kahit naman in recent memory merong mga nag-excel na #1 pick.. Shaq, Iverson, Elton Brand and Lebron James to name some recent draftees in the past 10 or so years.. Kaso karamihan ng mga F/C or Centers hindi talaga sobra ang impact sa hobby kahit pa mag-excel.. e.g., Duncan, Robinson, Olajuwon and Shaq as say Kobe, Lebron, Garnett and Iverson.. Kaya si Bragnani I do not expect na talgang makaka-acquire ng hobby love..

Andrea Bragnani was presumed to be a project rather than an impact player.. This is the reason why the Raptors took in Rasho Nesterovic to school Bragnani.. Hindi siya expected to really create much noise.. And I do think that hobby-wise, hindi masyadong malaki ang impact ni Bragnani..

JJ Redick being injured might just dampen his hobby stature.. Tyrus Thomas looks like more of a Stromile Swift with better upside, and Rajon Rondo is not performing well in the past few pre-season games.. so there..

Nga pala.. watch out for Steve Novak.. The guy's a dead-shot from the outside.. and his game might just better supplement Yao Ming's inside presence than Luther Head.. I expect Novak to play a lot of minutes and might just be a sleeper in the hobby.. potential-wise: ang laki ng potential sa hobby ni Novak..

Just bought a half box of an unopened Topps 06-07 (18 packs).. Olats, kung value for money ang pag-uusapan.. But I was able to get the cards that I was looking for.. Adam Morrison rookies.. regular and one short-printed (short-print kasi yung draft day picture/issue).. Several not too good to mention inserts and numbered cards.. Only got two short printed rookies.. Randy Foye and Adam Morrison lang.. Hirap kumuha.. Mababa lang sa e-bay ang mga ito.. Nasa $2-4 dollars si Morrison.. nasa $1-2 si Foye..

Lucky na din dahil sa isang box mukhang 3-4 cards lang yata ang mga short-printed rookies and I got a Morrison and a Foye.. I bought this half-box coz I know that the Morrison won't be readily available coz nobody really opens a lot of Topps boxes here.. Sarap din mag-open ng packs from time to time..

Here is the common and the draft day issue of Morrison that I recently pulled..

post-75683-1162015409.jpg

Edited by revi

Just wanna show some pictures that I saw over beckett.com.. The pictures below are from a friend of mine.. He is the one opening cards costing him millions of pesos.. This is sample of his collection.. the 4 cards here come from the 03-04 Exquisite set.. all Lebron James.. all rookie years..

The 2nd card is the Exquisite rookie card of Lebron #d to 99.. and is valued at $11,000 in Beckett.. The 4th card is the parallel version #d to 23.. and can fetch $20-25,000 in e-bay.. Grabe ano? The thing is this is not from the States, but these cards are owned by a Filipino.. ASTIG!!!

post-75683-1162116916.jpg

napa MINT GRADE N B YAN SINO PINOY YAN !!!

He is the same person who opens lots of cards and sells them in his shops or over e-bay.. The owner's name: Brian Ang.. Ipagtanong niyo sa hobby circles dito sa atin.. He is quite well-known.. Magbukas ka ba naman ng Php50Million worth of cards per NBA Season hindi ka magiging sikat..

If you check beckett.com (forums section).. people there are asking why he does not keep these cards in screw downs.. naka-binder lang kasi lahat ng cards nito eh.. Napakaganda ng Lebron James collection nito mga dre.. At isang page lang itong pinakita ko sa inyo eh.. But I doubt kung ipa-pa-grade niya ang mga ito..

Eto pa ang isang page sa collection niya..

.. all unpriced.. all autographed.. Siguro nasa USD5K ang Jordan na ito.. Nakapirma sila mismo sa patch eh..

post-75683-1162188285.jpg

Here is the picture of the owner of these cards.. Siya yung nasa left side.. Yung naka-jersey.. The one on the right side is his friend and business partner in dealing his cards on the bay.. Got this picture on e-bay..

In their hands are their logoman pulls.. mga 1 of 1's.. Except for the Gerald Green.. all are Exquisites.. Oks ba? :boo:

Kaya nga yung kolekyson ko parang basura lang kapag itinabi dito eh.. :D

post-75683-1162202758.jpg

Recently won several items (again) on e-bay..

First.. La Marcus Aldridge Hardcourt Autographed Rookie Card #d to 399.. Won it for just $15.50.. The #2 pick overall this season and might just be the big man the Blazers need.. But the thing is he is on the IL and is listed at day to day..

The item usually ends at around $20-25 in e-bay.. I sniped the card ng alas diyes nung Sabado kaya siguro walang nakapansin na mababa pa ang price.. My max bid was at $18.. Just imagine how happy I was when I won this card..

Here is the pic.. Haven't picked up the card yet.. Maybe next week I will have this card in my hand na.. :thumbsupsmiley:

post-75683-1162285750.jpg

revi baka ma kidnap yung chinoy na yan pinost mo pala pic lintek sa collection kotse na at pang ka buhayan na halaga ng mga yan ha mukang walang makakabili niyan

Yung picture na yan naka-post sa e-bay at sa beckett.com.. So, I would assume he is willing to take that risk.. hehehe!!! :lol:

Kidding aside, I do think that there are people in the US who are willing to buy these items from him.. Dito siguro malabo yun.. But sa Tate meron.. I also doubt if he would be willing to part-ways with these..

---

Here is the picture of the second item I won in e-bay.. a Maurice Ager Hardcourt Rookie Autographed #d to 399.. Winning price at $6.02.. Another sniped card.. My max bid was at $6.02.. Sniped the card with just 1 minute to go.. Ager is the rook from Dallas and according to reports he is well-liked by Avery Johnson.. He showed his stuff in the pre-season games and I liked what I saw.. Can lead the break and finish.. Might be a sleeper rookie.. :cool:

post-75683-1162287990.jpg

@revi

Ano ba ang Patch cards? Hindi ba ito yung Jersey cards? Nalilito kasi ako.

Ganito yun dre..

Magkaiba ang jersey at patch cards.. But both are pieces of a jersey/game worn memorabilia na inilagay sa card.. At mas mahal ang patch cards.. Bakit? Dahil mas rare.. Bakit mas rare? Kasi patch cards are the ones who are taken from either the team logo, team name, player number, or player name from a jersey/game used memorabilia.. or sometimes para talagang mas mahal ay yung logoman ng NBA.. Yung jersey card ay yung jersey lang hindi kinuha sa logo, number, etc.. Kaya usually iisa ang kulay nito..

Usually multi-colored (iba't-iba ang kulay) ang patch cards dahil nga galing ito sa logo, team name, number or player name sa jersey.. but there are times din na hindi.. especially kung sa player number dahil malaki yun eh.. Mas mura kung iisa ang kulay ng patch at mas mahal kapag multi-colored.. Mas madami kulay mas mahal ang bentahan.. (there are times na mas mataas pa sa book value sa Beckett kapag multi-colored natatapos sa e-bay eh)..

Usually naman sa back ng card naka-specify kung jersey or patch ang nakuha mo.. even the name of the card itself.. like examples sa baba.. "Ultimate Collection Game Jersey Patch" or Exquisite "Limited Logos"

At isa pa.. mas makapal ang cards ng Patch Cards compared to the usual jersey card..

Examples are these:

Yung Tony Parker ay isang patch card na mukhang galing sa A ng Parker.. Yung Manu Ginobili dito ay jersey card lang.. at yung TMac ay patch card na iisa ang kulay kaso specified sa likod na patch ito.. Exquisite din pala itong TMac na ito and .. These are from my personal collections..

post-75683-1162448038.jpg