Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

Just wanna share a small portion of my Tim Duncan cards.. the first card is the autographics card of TD.. It was one of his first autos outside of Press Pass and the only one outside of Topps (where he is exclusive).. $200.. The second one and the third one are #d 21 cards and are considered as 1 of 1's in the hobby..

The 2nd card is a UD 06-07 Mirror Images Jersey card #d 21/100 and the third card is a common card from 05-06 Ultimate Collection #d 21/750.. Yung mga bilog at stickers improvised lang yun para mas magandang tingnan yan sa display cabinet ko.. Binulugan ko at nilagyan ko ng sticker na 1 of 1 sa penny sleeve kaya hindi apektado yung cards.. For TD collectors these are unpriced cards.. Yung Mirror Images Jersey card nakuha ko lang ng Php300 ito.. di napansin nung seller yung number nung card eh.. Swerte!!! :cool:

The fourth card is my latest purchase.. its a 1998-99 Upper Deck Jersey.. and is one of rarest.. as these were seeded at one per case and there were tons of players, very rare.. Value at $150.. the most expensive jersey card that is listed in Beckett.. I have yearned for a card like this.. kaso naging mailap.. ngayon may biglang nag-offer.. Swak!!! Php3,500 ang damage..

Enjoy!!! :D

-_- -_- -_- Lam mo idol Ravi I also a Duncan fun before. If you could remember yung fleer Ultra na rookie card ni duncan na from $4 isa after ilang days naging $70 ata Dun ako nagstart i have wake forest pa na cards hehehe ....

un nga lng tragic things happend to my collection di na ko magsasalita bka malungkot lng ako newyz ill try to pick up the pieces again and start collecting :D :D

Newyz nice collection though......

-_- -_- -_- Lam mo idol Ravi I also a Duncan fun before. If you could remember yung fleer Ultra na rookie card ni duncan na from $4 isa after ilang days naging $70 ata Dun ako nagstart i have wake forest pa na cards hehehe ....

un nga lng tragic things happend to my collection di na ko magsasalita bka malungkot lng ako newyz ill try to pick up the pieces again and start collecting :D :D

Newyz nice collection though......

Ei nice to hear that from a co-fan of TD.. Thanks..

Tim Duncan was not really a player I wanted to collect before.. I wanted Ron Mercer instead.. Syempre dun ako sa high flyer from a run and gun school in Kentucky's Rick Pitino.. tapos ang laki ng upside nun ng Boston dahil nasa kanila si Antoine Walker, Mercer and Chauncey Billups..

Tim Duncan was more of an accident.. Why? Coz everytime I open packs and boxes before I get good inserts of Duncan.. the first was his Ultra Gold Medallion RC.. and then yung Press Pass Wake Forest Jersey niya.. tapos tuloy tuloy na.. I even got a 1:144 seeded card from UD3.. yung Rookie Portfolio.. So, I decided, what the heck.. I will collect him na lang.. Sabi ko top pick naman siya.. and it seems like the stats would prove that he might win the ROY.. (which he did)..

So, I started collecting TD noon pa man na cheap yung mga cards niya at mahal sina Van Horn and Mercer.. Swerte ako kay TD coz I never did expect him to win three championships and win back to back MVPs.. Swerte lang pare :D at sayang naman yung mga cards mo.. :(

I have close to 600 cards of TD.. no duplicates.. including all of his Rookie cards and 7 autographs.. Here are the other autographs that I have.. Topps Pristine.. $160, Bowman's Best.. $150, Topps Gallery.. $120, Topps Big Game.. $120.. PressPass DT.. $80, and Press Pass Auth.. $60.. Ang madami kasing autographed cards ni TD ay yung dual - yung may kasama siya.. Kundi Spurs player ang kasama niya.. ayoko ng dual autograph.. He has only around 30 single autos and sobrang rare nila.. dahil nga sa Topps lang siya pumipirma ngayon tapos ang taas ng odds ng auto sa Topps..

post-75683-1159858663.jpg

Edited by revi
Just want to know what do MTC Members have on NBA Rookie Cards.

I do have Toni Kukoc Rookie Card and Eddie Jones Rookie Card so far these are the oldest i've got.

Post nyo nman kung ano mga rookie cards na meron kau...

Thnx

:P

dont have a rookie card.. meron ako nung college pa sila naglalaro.. michael jordan and jason kidd

revi dapat bili ka ng auto game used jersey or shoes ni duncan yun na siguro holy grail ng iyong collection, may graded gem mint RC ka na ba nakuha ni duncan yun atang ultra RC pinakamahal kasi madaling madamage sunod sp authentic

Graded na Gem Mint RC ni TD? :P Wala, pare.. Unlike kasi sa iyo.. hindi ako masyadong mahilig sa graded cards.. Why? Kasi ang mahal ng benta dito sa atin.. X40-50.. And I haven't seen any RC of Duncan reach the 10 grade so far, na andito sa Pinas.. puros 9.0 - 9.5 lang.. syempre iba rin yung Pristine bago ako gumastos ng malaki di ba?

Sa graded RCs ni Duncan pantay-pantay ang presyo ng Ultra, SP Authentic at Topps Chrome.. $250 for Gem Mint cards..

Pare, yung Topps Big Game ko ay Game Used Auto.. Yun nga lang sticker auto kasi ang ginamit kaya medyo mababa ang presyo.. Print run nun ay 111 lang.. Yung mga "on-card" autographs ang mas maganda.. I have only seen two TD cards na game used at on-card auto.. only sa internet at sa Beckett.. both are numbered to 21.. sobrang mahal nagtatapos.. $500 to $600.. Sobrang limited ito.. Di ko kaya pare.. May in-offer sa akin before.. #d to 15 na Auto Jersey kaso sticker.. tapos may kaunting damage sa likod.. Did not buy it kasi sobrang mahal ng asking price.. Php15K.. For a sticker auto and a damaged card.. hwag na ano!!! Gunggong lang bibili nun at that price.. Kaunti na lang dun na ako sa dalawang nakita ko..

Wala ako holy grail sa ngayon sa mga cards ko.. Kahit na yung Michael Jordan auto ko hindi pa rin holy grail.. If I would be able to get either of those two cards na sinabi ko above.. yun ang holy grail ko.. But that is like wishing in a wishing well pare.. As of now, I am just happy with what I have.. But I try to continuously improve on what I have.. if time and money permits.. My target is to have 21 autographs of TD and all of his inserts..

Sa game used shoes ni Duncan.. I haven't seen one, pare.. Mukhang wala nga eh.. Honestly, ang pinakakaibang memorabilia na nakita ko na Duncan ay yung game-used Net sa Skybox Apex.. $40 yata.. Wala na akong makita nito.. I am still looking though..

Below is the picture of the card that started my Duncan collection.. Nasa $60 ito last time I checked.. From $250 ito down to $60.. (Ganyan ka-grabe ang pagbagsak ng mga Jersey Cards).. But still very rare coz this is a Press Pass Double Threat Jersey Card and is numbered to just 400 and was seeded at 1:720 packs.. Very rare.. and unique coz its his Wake Forest Jersey.. plus the fact that I pulled this right off from a pack..

post-75683-1159871798.jpg

As this is a Michael Jordan Cards thread.. I would like to -aherm- share some of my Jordan collectibles..

First off: the SP Game Used.. Autographed Jersey card #d to 100.. This has a Beckett value of just $500.. but because it is a graded card with an auto grade of 10 (pefect!) I had to shell out more than what was my asking price.. My first auto of Jordan.. and I guess this would be my last.. Somebody is buying it now for Php30K.. I had to beg off.. :P

Second is his suit card that I recently posted here..

Third is one of his Wizards game used jersey.. $150 yata ito..

post-75683-1159872907.jpg

Edited by revi
Thanks, pare.. I shall be posting here a lot of times.. so be sure to check out this thread for updates.. :cool:

I will PM you once I see or get a hold of some rare Grant Hill stuff.. Finest RC & Rack Pack.. Honestly, medyo mahirap na yung Rack Pack but yung RC medyo madali-dali.. :P

Sige tol, PM mo na lang ako pag meron available... And one more card ni GHill na gustong gusto ko, yung SKYMOTION EXCHANGE, meron ka pa bang nakikita nito? Dati rare na ito, 3pcs. ganito ko dati binenta ko din lahat, putcha sising sisi ako ngayon sana nagtira ako kahit isa lang....

Sige tol, PM mo na lang ako pag meron available... And one more card ni GHill na gustong gusto ko, yung SKYMOTION EXCHANGE, meron ka pa bang nakikita nito? Dati rare na ito, 3pcs. ganito ko dati binenta ko din lahat, putcha sising sisi ako ngayon sana nagtira ako kahit isa lang....

Tatlo? Grabe ah.. Sana nagtira ka nga kahit isa lang.. Its sure is nice to have a collection that helps you relax whenever you look at them.. Therapy ko ang collection ko.. :P

I haven't seen a GHill skymotion card for a long long time already.. It is a rare card.. Ganda nito.. Sige try ko magtanong-tanong..

ibig sabihin ko game used jersey at shoes eh yun talaga buong jersey at shoes ni duncan na ginamit sa game at my auto hindi yung mga patch lang na nilagay sa cards, yun yung gusto ko magkaroon game used jersey ni AI na auto papa frame ko, magkano kaya ganun abutin sigurado thousand dolllars

ibig sabihin ko game used jersey at shoes eh yun talaga buong jersey at shoes ni duncan na ginamit sa game at my auto hindi yung mga patch lang na nilagay sa cards, yun yung gusto ko magkaroon game used jersey ni AI na auto papa frame ko, magkano kaya ganun abutin sigurado thousand dolllars

Duncan and Iverson autographed shoes and game used jerseys are very hard to find.. dahil mahirap i-authenticate.. coz both players only sign with Topps at walang Topps Authenticated as compared to Upper Deck Authenticated.. (UD Authenticated is a parang subsidiary of UD that deals with autographed jerseys, balls, pictures, toys, etc. na hindi card related).. Meron kang makikitang ganito sa mga card shops or conventions sa States na merong authenticity kaso puros signed lang ng owner.. hindi kamukha ng mga Lebrons, Jordans sa Upper Deck may serial number pa that makes the authenticity very reliable..

Yung Upper Deck Authenticated mahal ang mga bola, jerseys and sometimes baseballs.. right dre, hindi ako nagkamali.. baseballs signed by NBA players.. Fleer/Skybox at one point had their own authenticated balls.. nung spokesperson pa nila si Grant Hill.. But sa Topps? Hindi pa ako nakakita..

But even though hindi maganda ang authentication nung iba they are still expensive.. minsan nasa thousand of dollars ang offer but meron mga nasa Beckett na walang Buy It Now or Reserve at minsan nag-e-end lang ng less than $500.. Minsan pa nga wala pang $200 kapag hindi reliable yung authenticity.. at picture lang ang proof.. picture na nag-si-sign yung player..

But if those jerseys, balls and shoes are authenticated by Topps, Skybox or UD.. they do command top dollar.. I think a Jordan Bulls Jersey would be at $1,000 at the least.. There are some owners of his auto jersey here in the PI.. If you go to Courtside Galleria you will see an autographed Game Used Ball and Jersey of Kobe.. UD Authenticated and these are not for sale.. At meron pa silang display na Lakers and Celtics Dynasties autographed and numbered to just 5000 pieces.. Those are really great autographed pieces.. magtaka ka andun si Red Auerbach, Wilt, Jerry West.. Itong set lang yata na ito ang pinirmahan ni Red eh.. Lahat ng ito ay UD Authenticated.. Kaya sobrang mahal nila..

Gusto ko nga magkaroon ng ganito ni Duncan.. Away and Home Jerseys at isang Wake Forest Jersey.. lahat autographed at shoes na din.. Yun nga lang saan ka makakuha na reliable ang authenticity.. Kung sa mga card shops lang dapat GAI Authentic or PSA/DNA kaso dapat hindi gaano mahal.. Ang mahal pati ng shipping ng mga ganito from the States to us.. Meron nga ako gusto sa e-bay b4.. isang slab ng game used floor signed by TD.. mura ang bigay eh.. natapos lang yata ng $50.. dahil pangit authenticity.. Pwde na sa akin.. kasi unique ang piece but the shipping was monstruous.. nsa $30 yata..

wow! reading through this thread makes me wanna collect again. nasa ebay ako right now and looking for some cards ni ray allen. help nman sa inyo, i was collecting Ray Allen before and had to sell it for some reason ngyon nagsisisi ako bakit ko benta. i need yung mga old inserts and RC ni Ray Allen. baka meron kayo dyan im looking to purchase it. tska kung meron kyong Fleer Metal 95-96 Slick Silver cards kahit sino, gusto ko i set eh.

^ok si ray allen, revi my autograph ball ko ni shaq authenticated ng scoreboard at auto jersey din ni jordan kaso isang shop sa states specifically sa las vegas lang ang nag authenticate magkano ba ito ngayon, yun talaga hanp ko ngayon yung buong jersey ni ai o game used shoes na buo na pareho my auto

^ok si ray allen, revi my autograph ball ko ni shaq authenticated ng scoreboard at auto jersey din ni jordan kaso isang shop sa states specifically sa las vegas lang ang nag authenticate magkano ba ito ngayon, yun talaga hanp ko ngayon yung buong jersey ni ai o game used shoes na buo na pareho my auto

I have no idea how much do they sell coz wala ito sa Beckett.. Merong price guides ang mga non-authenticated stuff outside of the card companies.. and some PSA/DNA authenications.. But I did not buy it.. I saw it at PowerBooks Mega..

Your Score Board authenticated ball of Shaq should command some money.. The only set back is that Score Board has had its problems with authenticity coz they have had cards (daw) na fabricated ang auto.. And this has affected some of its autographed cards.. Example the Score Board Rasheed Wallace auto is valued at just a measly $10.. Considering that Rasheed has not signed anything except for the Autographics Century Mark numbered to 100.. and that would cost you $300.. Dunno if that rumor would affect the value of your Shaq auto but it IMHO is still a good piece to have.. SB is a legit company who closed shop around 5 years ago.. and has since then sold its memorabilias in auctions (daw)..

With regards to the Jordan auto jersey.. I dunno but I would not buy a Jordan autographed outside of Upper Deck.. If its not authenticated by Upper Deck ayoko.. I remember before that I saw a Skybox Auto card of Jordan.. The owner of the card has a piece of paper authenticating the card.. it is from a shop in the States stating Jordan signed the card blah blah blah.. and is being sold at Php5K.. I backed out coz of the fact that it is not cleary authenticated na kahit PSA/DNA or GAI authenticated man lang..

May presyo ang signatures ng players kahit hindi authenticated.. I think the price guide TUFF STUFF has it.. even memorabilia like jerseys and shoes.. But honestly, these are not easily being gobbled up by collectors because of their sometimes questionable authenticity.. As you know being authenticated is a must for a lot of collectors and if the company authenticating stuff ain't part of the norm (accepted companies), then the auto is questioned.. I, for one, could buy a cheap auto from a questionable source but definitely not in a premium price.. But honestly, I would have second thoughts if its not PSA/DNA or GAI authenticated..

Still, nice stuff you have there kupalking.. :cool:

wow! reading through this thread makes me wanna collect again. nasa ebay ako right now and looking for some cards ni ray allen. help nman sa inyo, i was collecting Ray Allen before and had to sell it for some reason ngyon nagsisisi ako bakit ko benta. i need yung mga old inserts and RC ni Ray Allen. baka meron kayo dyan im looking to purchase it. tska kung meron kyong Fleer Metal 95-96 Slick Silver cards kahit sino, gusto ko i set eh.

You should try going back to collecting.. Cards now are more colorful and has tons of memorabilia.. Magsasawa ka sa mga Ray Allen autographs and jerseys and even patches..

I do not have nice Allen inserts but I do have several regular RCs in my personal collection.. the best is his Topps Finest and Bowman RCs.. But they are not for sale.. Madali lang kumuha siguro nito in the secondary market coz Ray Allen's cards are not really that HOT.. Okay lang but not HOT.. I have a Topps Chrome Auto of Ray Allen in his Sonics uniform.. But is also not for sale.. $30.. got it for Php800.. :D See hindi naman masyado mahal di ba? Considering na All Star caliber ang player..

Nga pala the reason why I have some Ray Allen's is that I collect Rookie Cards and autographs.. And Ray Allen is one player that should definitely be part of my collection..

Post ko pics para mapilit ka na mangolekta ulit.. :P Eto sila..

post-75683-1159972746.jpg

:D nice collection Revi, i had those RC ni Ray allen back during my college days nung hot pa yung mga NBA cards. well hdi mo nko kelangan mapilit pang mag collect kasi i decided na last week pa na i will go back collecting Ray Allen again. pero one problem though, wla nko kilalang pde mabilhan ng mga Ray Allen cards. pero we'll try going to courtside pag saturday. target ko kasi yung mga RC and mga unang inserts ni Ray Allen before. God i miss my collection!
Yup.. more expensive yung blue ink dun sa first autographics.. Sa susunod na mga autographics ang tawag dito ay century mark autos.. usually numbered to 100.. X2 ang multiplier.. so yung blue na Spree.. $60 yun..

I do not remember any jersey card that contains Spree's Golden State Jersey.. Usually, New York or Minessota na.. If I would sell my jersey card.. It would be at Php240.. I will try to post it pare, maybe, tomorrow..

@worshipme:

Here is my Spree jersey card..

@ REVI

bro, mint condition nman cguro ung spree jersey card...interested ako but di ako makaalis ng work ng umaga e gabi lng to w/c most of the time pagod nako...pano ko kya mkukuha sau to?

also how much will you sell the spree autographics (blue)?

You should try going back to collecting.. Cards now are more colorful and has tons of memorabilia.. Magsasawa ka sa mga Ray Allen autographs and jerseys and even patches..

I do not have nice Allen inserts but I do have several regular RCs in my personal collection.. the best is his Topps Finest and Bowman RCs.. But they are not for sale.. Madali lang kumuha siguro nito in the secondary market coz Ray Allen's cards are not really that HOT.. Okay lang but not HOT.. I have a Topps Chrome Auto of Ray Allen in his Sonics uniform.. But is also not for sale.. $30.. got it for Php800.. :D See hindi naman masyado mahal di ba? Considering na All Star caliber ang player..

Nga pala the reason why I have some Ray Allen's is that I collect Rookie Cards and autographs.. And Ray Allen is one player that should definitely be part of my collection..

Post ko pics para mapilit ka na mangolekta ulit.. :P Eto sila..

parang meron din ako nyang APPRENTICE card ni ray allen...

@ REVI

bro, mint condition nman cguro ung spree jersey card...interested ako but di ako makaalis ng work ng umaga e gabi lng to w/c most of the time pagod nako...pano ko kya mkukuha sau to?

also how much will you sell the spree autographics (blue)?

Well, then you set a schedule then, pare.. Pwede ako usually on Saturdays.. kaso hapon na.. around 4-6PM.. I am usually at Galleria at Courtside if you wanna meet up to look at the card.. Sa iyo na yung Latrell pare, kung talagang gusto mo.. I won't include it in my trade list.. Basta pare, i-set lang natin..

Wala akong Spree na autograhed card.. And if ever na magkaroon ako it won't be for sale coz I collect autographs.. :P

FYI..

Upper Deck Ovation is now out.. Around 6-7K yata ang isang box.. Money cards are autographed RCs #to 99 of Randy Foye, Brandon Roy, and other good RCs.. But all rookies are still in the college unis.. Might pick up some if I win in e-bay that is.. Some lang dahil nakakasawa na ang college uniforms na rookie cards..

Just wanna share.. was able to pick up several rookie autographs, most notably that of Jordan Farmar of the Lakers, and Shelden Williams of the Hawks.. Farmar was a UCLA standout player and Shelden Williams is a Top 10 pick of the Hawks.. Good upsides.. The Farmar is from Topps Elevation and the Williams is from UD Reflections.. Bought all at Php800..

Pics below..

post-75683-1160150729.jpg

grabe revi dami mo ng autographs ha,tingin ko sa brandon roy at randy foye ang maglalaban sa rookie of the year this year

Mas matunog si Randy Foye, pare.. Madami sinasabi na either si Morrison or si Foye.. Although, dahil puti si Morrison, there are speculators saying that his cards won't really pick up and just lose steam in the long run (like say, Keith Van Horn or Mike Miller).. Bet ko sa ROY ay si Morrison, but sa hobby love si Brandon Roy, after I've watched him play sa US NCAA tourney.. I do think na malaki ang upside nito plus the fact that the Blazers need another scoring presence after Zach Randolph..

I try to watch the replays of the college games sa Basketball channel.. And I have seen several draft picks play.. Dagdag ko pa sa mga tingin ko na pwedeng pumalo sa hobby ay sina: Marcus Williams (Nets), Hilton Armstrong (Hornets)..

I can't wait for the next batch of rookies to show their wares.. Kaya inip na inip na ako for the 06-07 NBA season.. Dun lang natin makikita kung sino talaga may potential di ba? :)