Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

he then traded the kobe card for a jordan rockstars refractor card... (jordan collector)

guess how much that bryant card is now...

pero i think he still has the iverson and walker card...i think...

Nice to see you here dude.. Kobe Bryant's Finest RC is now at $30.. Juwan's? Sorry to say this to you pare, but JHoward has fallen to almost mediocre status in the hobby.. I have his best RC though.. Finest..

si dirk at yao na siguro pinaka mataas prices na foreign player sa hobby, anu ba key RC ni arenas sp aunthentic ba?

Dirk, Yao, Manu, Tony Parker, Darko Milicic are the foreign bred players na medyo okay ang prices sa ngayon.. Manu's rookie cards are heavy sellers in the secondary market.. Would you believe that once his SP Authentic (Autographed) RC fetched at $100 in Beckett and was sold at Php5K here.. Now its just at $80 which is crazy coz yung Ultimate Collection RC niya na hindi autogrpahed ay nasa $90.. (BTW, have both of those RCs :cool: )..

SP Authentic RC of Arenas is his best.. $80 and autographed.. Ultimate Collection is only at $50 dahil hindi autographed..

tsong baka may makita kanaman na graded gem mint na sp authentic ni arenas kuha ko nun, bigla nga nalaos si juwan howard sa fab five ata si C-Webb lang medyo may price ang cards yung iba di pa ata naka laro sa nba, si jalen rose laos nadin, ok sana yung si manu kaso 3rd option lang siya eh kaya malabo umabot ng 20 ppg ave. niya dun pa si finley sa spurs

Nice to see you here dude.. Kobe Bryant's Finest RC is now at $30.. Juwan's? Sorry to say this to you pare, but JHoward has fallen to almost mediocre status in the hobby.. I have his best RC though.. Finest..

ano ung finest mo...

hmm sa kin naman yung juwan is sentimental value collection nalang :P i really liked the wayhe played then...even outplaying cwebb in washington...too bad his value fell down...

tsong baka may makita kanaman na graded gem mint na sp authentic ni arenas kuha ko nun, bigla nga nalaos si juwan howard sa fab five ata si C-Webb lang medyo may price ang cards yung iba di pa ata naka laro sa nba, si jalen rose laos nadin, ok sana yung si manu kaso 3rd option lang siya eh kaya malabo umabot ng 20 ppg ave. niya dun pa si finley sa spurs

Pare, kapag may nakita ako na Gilbert Arenas at mura ibebenta bago mapunta sa iyo akin muna.. hehehe! :D I have 0 RCs of Arenas kasi and he seems to have the makings of a superstar for some more years to come..

C-Webb lang? Yup siya lang talaga ang matindi ang naging career sa NBA.. Juwan and Jalen Rose all had the upside and the would be makings of a great player.. but trades to mediocre teams just shortened their hobby impact.. Mahal ang autographed card ni C-Webb.. Sobra.. Full book.. Isa ito sa mga gusto ko mabili..

Hindi naman 3rd option si Ginobili behind Fin.. Siya at si Tony Parker ang susunod na option behind TD.. Finley is getting old.. at ang core ng San Antonio ay yung big 3 nila.. TD, Manu and TP.. Di ba nga sinasabi ng halos lahat ng speculators na magaling si Greg Pop dahil he was able to keep the three players intact up to the 2010-11 season.. Hindi kasama si Fin dun sa equation.. Manu's RCs are not that many.. At honestly, madami ang nangongolekta kay Manu.. I know someone who is a big time collector on Manu.. Kaso minsan nakakasundot pa din ako ng mga Manu patches from time to time.. :D

Speaking of graded cards.. Eto ang ultimate.. I do think that this is only one in the world.. A Fleer RC of Michael Jordan.. BGS Pristine 10.. Just look at the subgrades.. almost perfect!!! This was featured in Beckett and they say that this might be the most coveted basketball card in the planet today.. its not even autographed.. Hindi sa akin yang card na yan ha? Baka kasi isipin mo akin eh.. This can go up to as much as $100K daw if bought.. Dunno who owns the card.. Here is the pic..

post-75683-1159266659.jpg

Edited by revi
ano ung finest mo...

hmm sa kin naman yung juwan is sentimental value collection nalang :P i really liked the wayhe played then...even outplaying cwebb in washington...too bad his value fell down...

Yung Rookie card mismo.. #288 siya sa 94-95 Topps Finest Set.. At nasa $5 ang market value niya ngayon.. Bought it when it was still at $8.. Php80 bili ko.. :D His value went down kasi fans lost interest when C-Webb left for the Kings and Washington got Mitch Richmond.. That was when Howard played lackluster basketball.. and collectors noticed..

Edited by revi
grabe naman $100k bahay nalang bibilin ko, bakit di bilhin yan nung nag bubukas ng case case ng equisite dito sa pinas?, talaga wala ka pa makuha RC ni arenas ganun siya ka hot, magaling si arenas siguro mga 3 years in a row na na mataas ppg niya pero siyempre malabo siya makapag pa champion pa

Ang tanong eh binebenta ba itong pristine graded na Jordan RC..

Hindi naman talaga hot si Gilbert Arenas sa hobby pare.. Yun nga lang mahirap maghanap ng rookie card niya.. Ewan ko ba kung bakit.. I do think because collectors here overlooked him before and mostly were sold as trash cards.. hehehe!!! I have one of his autographed card though.. but I would really want to have an RC kahit isa lang.. at kahit low-end pa.. :D

ang dami mo na pala auto, sa last count mo ilan na total autos mo?,for sure kung kayang tapatan yung asking price nung may ari ngayon ng jordan RC pristine eh ibebenta niya yun, si pau gasol ba nung nanalo spain sa world championships may tinaas ba cards kahit di siya nag laro sa final game

Modesty aside.. almost 300 pieces of autographs pare..

Hindi pa lumalabas yung bagong Beckett after the World Championships.. But I do think na hindi tataas si Gasol.. Unless Pau carries the Grizz to the finals, his cards would still stay the same.. His best RC is his Ultimate Collection.. $100.. Not autographed though..

Ang malaki ang tinaas talaga sa rookie cards ay si DWade.. Nowitzki nga hindi masyado.. Parang ang tumaas lang eh yung LO side sa Beckett eh.. Ewan ko ba.. :blink:

takte lampas 100k pesos na pala siguro nagastos mo sa hobby na ito,sinu na ka presyo ni wade parehas na ba sila ni lebron, and magkano na beckett ngayon?

:P Again, modesty aside.. Hindi lang siguro Php100K ang nagastos ko na sa hobby na ito.. Kasi I have been collecting NBA Cards since 1994.. I was even opening boxes and packs before..

If you look at Beckett, you would see that next to Jordan, Lebron is the highest priced player.. Then its Kobe, then its Wade.. Tapos, sina (not in particular order) Yao, KG, DHoward, AI, Shaq, TMac, Amare, VC, JKidd, Ben Gordon, Duncan and Okafor.. But Okafor would be likely replaced by Chris Paul.. given the fact that the former ROY did not really receive much hobby love as say (co-rookies in 2005) DHoward, Ben Gordon or even Luol Deng..

Sa mga rookie cards, in Lebron's batch.. Malayo pa din ang price ni Wade kay LBJ.. Siya na susunod, then Carmelo and then its Bosh..

Beckett is priced at around Php300-350 yata (if I am not mistaken).. I don't usually buy Beckett.. pa-minsan-minsan lang.. But I do have the August 2006 issue..

mahal na pala beckett, si shaq ba tumaas mga cards kumpleto ko kasi lahat RC niya

Siyempre, pare, tumaas na ang Beckett ngayon.. Tumaas na din ang dollar eh.. :P

Shaq's rookie cards never did get that much hobby love even though he has won 4 championships.. Even with him winning the last one, there were no up arrows on his rookie cards at all.. His best RC is the Upper Deck (yung redemption).. two years ago, this card was at $50-60 yata.. Now its down to $40. Meron ka din ba nito? Just got one this year.. Bought the card for just Php700.00..

Ei, got a Randy Foye (lottery pick this year of the TWolves) autographed card for $20.00.. Php1K.. Will post a pic maybe tomorrow.. Usually Foye's auto ends at around $25-30.. I am betting that if McCants ain't playing this year.. then maybe he would have his playing time with KG and Ricky Davis.. thus, his rookie cards and autos might have up arrows in the future.. Sana tumaas ano? :blush:

Nice thread here.

I've been a collector of GHill & Jkidd cards before during my college years. After I graduated I decided to stop and sell all of my collection. :thumbsdownsmiley: Nakakapanghinayang din kapag naaalala ko yung mga hinawakan ko na cards dati. After reading this thread parang gusto ko mag collect ulit.

Any idea how much are these cards now?

- GHill & Jkidd 94-95 RC Finest/Refratocr

- GHill & Jkidd 94-95 Rack Pack/Refractor

- GHill & Jkidd 94-95 Skybox Draft Pick

- GHill 94-95 SkyMotion Exchange

- GHill 95-96 Co-ROY Exchange

Ang mahal na pala ng Beckett ngayon. Dati binibili namin xerox copy lang worth 20 pesos. :lol:

@revi

Madami pa bang collectors ngayon? Nasa Galleria na pala ngayon every Saturday? Dati palagi kami sa Ever Recto at sa Northmall.

Thanks. :thumbsupsmiley:

I've been a collector of GHill & Jkidd cards before during my college years. After I graduated I decided to stop and sell all of my collection. :thumbsdownsmiley: Nakakapanghinayang din kapag naaalala ko yung mga hinawakan ko na cards dati. After reading this thread parang gusto ko mag collect ulit.

Any idea how much are these cards now?

- GHill & Jkidd 94-95 RC Finest/Refratocr

- GHill & Jkidd 94-95 Rack Pack/Refractor

- GHill & Jkidd 94-95 Skybox Draft Pick

- GHill 94-95 SkyMotion Exchange

- GHill 95-96 Co-ROY Exchange

Ang mahal na pala ng Beckett ngayon. Dati binibili namin xerox copy lang worth 20 pesos. :lol:

@revi

Madami pa bang collectors ngayon? Nasa Galleria na pala ngayon every Saturday? Dati palagi kami sa Ever Recto at sa Northmall.

Thanks. :thumbsupsmiley:

Grant Hill RC Finest - $30

Grant Hill RC Refractor - $160

Jason Kidd RC Finest - $25

Jason Kidd RC Refractor - $150

Grant Hill Rack Pack - $15

Jason Kidd Rack Pack - $25

Jason Kidd SkYbox DP - $20

Grant Hill Skybox DP - $10

** The others, I can't seem to find them sa Beckett.. :rolleyes:

Bumaba na ang mga Grant Hill and Jason Kidd over the years.. Especially Grant Hill.. because of his injuries.. Although mataas pa din yung mga Finest RC at Refrac still it is not the same as compared to when they first came out.. Yung mga Grant Hill Autographs - autographics ay nasa $100 at $80 pa din respectively.. It has gone down but still can be sold for around Php4K at Php3600.. kasi medyo hard to find sila coz there are still Grant Hill collectors here who have kept them over the years.. Kaso yung mga inserts na hindi RC, ay jersey cards.. Nakupo ang baba na nila..

Madami pa ding collectors ngayon.. Yung mga nasa Galleria karamihan (siguro 3/4) ay puros investors/sellers.. ang tawag sa kanila ngayon ay smackers.. mga sellers who buy cheap but sell big.. mga runners for the collectors.. I have my own runner sa Galleria to get some Duncan cards if ever na hindi ako nakakapunta.. But as compared to before, kakaunti na lang ang mga serious collectors ngayon.. Madami na ang nag-stop.. Maybe because of the sheer money you have to spend to collect..

Pumasok pa ngayon ang e-bay kaya lalong naging mahirap kumuha ng big-time cards dahil ang kalaban mo minsan ay mga Amerikano.. Inis nga ako ngayon dahil may kalaban akong isang Kano sa isang #d to 10 na Duncan patch eh.. Bwisit!!

Sa Galleria na lang ngayon ang trading area every Saturday.. Wala na ang mga shops sa ibang place.. Marami na ang nagsara.. Courtside na lang talaga ang matibay.. :P

Here's a sample of my newest card.. a Randy Foye autographed card (Bowman Elevation ito).. No value in Beckett yet.. But it is assumed na nasa $40 ito.. :) Sya kasi ang isa sa mga pick ko together with Adam Morrison, Tyrus Thomas and Brandon Roy to create much hobby buzz this year...

post-75683-1159595997.jpg

Edited by revi

... finally! Was able to get a Gilbert Arenas RC.. It is from the UD Legends set.. worth $15.. Php200 ko lang siya nabili.. :D Pwede na!!!

Alam ko na ngayon kung bakit nagkaubusan ng Arenas RC sa Pinas.. A big time collector collected him during his rookie days and got all his RCs na available sa Pinas.. Nasa kaniya pala halos lahat ng matitinding Arenas.. hehehe!!! Well, I got one that is also considered as a rare card.. Isa na lang ngayon ang hinahanap ko.. Gerald Wallace..

It is a good weekend for my collection today.. specifically for my TD collection..

Was able to get the 1998-99 game used jersey of Tim Duncan which is priced at $150.. Got it for Php3,500.. A very very rare card.. this card was seeded at one per case of Upper Deck 98-99.. Hirap.. I have only seen 1 card similar to this in my so many years of collecting..

And I also won a two-color patch in e-bay of Duncan #d 10 of 10 (Bowman Elevation).. Yeah! Only ten in the world.. Got it for $29.00.. Here is the picture of the card.. Enjoy!!!

post-75683-1159628660.jpg

... another one of my purchases for my auto collection..

This is a JJ Reddick autographed card from Bowman Elevation.. Just got it for under $14.. approximately under Php800 here (includes shipping kasi).. Usually ends at $22 or even at $40 (sometimes).. So got it cheap.. hehehe!!! Here is its picture.. Enjoy!!!

post-75683-1159635932.jpg

Thanks for the info revi. That's also one of the reason why I decided to quit because of the prices of GHill cards going down. I'am more of a Hill collector than Kidd before. Most of my rare cards came from trades at Beckett Online mostly from US residents. We finalize our deal only through email and we send the cards via registered mail. I't wasn't easy at first because there's a risk of you getting ripped off. Hindi pa uso ang E-bay dati. Pero lamang na lamang ako sa trade dahil kadalasan hanap ng mga Americano ay yung 1st batch ng Autographics (95-96 Skybox if I'm not mistaken). Kahit $10 common card ng Autographics ang offer mo sa kanila payag pa din kahit baryahan mo ang mga rare cards nila. I believe collect nila ang set nun which is very Hot daw sa kanila during that time. :blush:

You have a big collection there revi, ang gaganda ng cards mo... :cool: Parang gusto ko mag collect ulit kaya lang panibagong gastos na naman yan pag nag start ulit ako. :hypocritesmiley:

BTW, may kilala kang Jayson? Jigz or Jigo ang tawag sa kanya. Collector din sya dati kaya lang hindi ko alam kung nag stop na sya.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info revi. That's also one of the reason why I decided to quit because of the prices of GHill cards going down. I'am more of a Hill collector than Kidd before. Most of my rare cards came from trades at Beckett Online mostly from US residents. We finalize our deal only through email and we send the cards via registered mail. I't wasn't easy at first because there's a risk of you getting ripped off. Hindi pa uso ang E-bay dati. Pero lamang na lamang ako sa trade dahil kadalasan hanap ng mga Americano ay yung 1st batch ng Autographics (95-96 Skybox if I'm not mistaken). Kahit $10 common card ng Autographics ang offer mo sa kanila payag pa din kahit baryahan mo ang mga rare cards nila. I believe collect nila ang set nun which is very Hot daw sa kanila during that time. :blush:

You have a big collection there revi, ang gaganda ng cards mo... :cool: Parang gusto ko mag collect ulit kaya lang panibagong gastos na naman yan pag nag start ulit ako. :hypocritesmiley:

BTW, may kilala kang Jayson? Jigz or Jigo ang tawag sa kanya. Collector din sya dati kaya lang hindi ko alam kung nag stop na sya.

Thanks!

Thanks dude.. Collect ka ulit.. Its nice to go back nowadays and pick a player you want to collect.. Especially the next two years.. Coz high school phenoms Greg Oden and OJ Mayo are being drafted in the next two years respectively..

I have heard of Beckett online and have been looking (reading) the posts there for months now.. Meron din akong friend who does trades there but delikado daw.. But maybe if I have ever find the guts baka mag-trade din ako dun.. Kasi ang mga Kano weird eh, some collect really "cheap" players like Derek Fisher, Jalen Rose, etc.. who are cheap here.. so mura mo lang makukuha and then trade in bulk for certain rare cards..

Speaking of the old Autographics.. they are now "hot.." Kasi mayroong mga pumirma dun na hindi na umilit.. so yung iba dun full book or minsan lampas pa ng dollar price pagnakita mo sa e-bay.. examples would be Charles Oakley, Joe Dumars, Grant Hill, Ron Harper.. Ron Harper is at $60.. and is really off the roof dahil sobrang naging rare siya.. I was lucky to have had that card in my collection for three years now.. just got it when it was just at $20.. nakuha ko lang ng Php300 ito.. Money card ito ngayon.. Php3K minimum ito..

Dunno anyone named Jayson, Jigo or Jigz, dude..