Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

You're right revi. The buybacks aren't numbered and the signatures are on the stickers. I got the 87 Fleer buyback from Bigmawsy, the other one I traded from Mang BErnie. Know him? He is the one I mentioned who has the 86 RC fleer BuyBack! Hope he decides to sell or trade it to me in the future. hehehe

I know both of them.. Bigmawsy is one of my go to guys for my Duncan collection.. We meet almost every month.. Mang Berns is a big time spender in cardboard.. He trades and sells nowadays but he it is difficult to get any card that he really likes from his collection.. Kaso pinakawalan naman niya yung isa sa most coveted autos niya eh.. yung Wilt Chamberlain Epic Signature.. So kaunting pangungulit lang baka pakawalan niya yan but at a price he likes..

I used to collect NBA cards, I have Stephon and KG rookie cards. I'm a Wolves fan.

Anyway, my friend has Mikan, Jordan, Magic, Bird Rookie Cards.

He has a Mikan RC.. Wow!!!

Yeah, Mikan's (God bless his soul) RC is more expensive than Jordan's I think.

He used to collect Jordan's way back in our HS days. I don't know if he stopped already since busy na din sa lovelife :heart:

The Mikan card that he has originated from his dad pa yata when he was touring the US. He bought the card from some guy I think. The card is also framed.

It was around $3,700 noon. Don't know the price now.

He also has a Wayne Gretzky RC (NHL)

Lucky lang siguro talaga sya. :cool:

Yeah, Mikan's (God bless his soul) RC is more expensive than Jordan's I think.

He used to collect Jordan's way back in our HS days. I don't know if he stopped already since busy na din sa lovelife :heart:

The Mikan card that he has originated from his dad pa yata when he was touring the US. He bought the card from some guy I think. The card is also framed.

It was around $3,700 noon. Don't know the price now.

He also has a Wayne Gretzky RC (NHL)

Lucky lang siguro talaga sya. :cool:

Its at $2,500 right now.. You are correct.. the Mikan is much much more expensive than the Jordan Rookie ($750).. But the Mikan is not the most expensive Rookie card.. The Lebron James Exquisite #d to 99 is valued at $12,000, DWade's Exquisite is at $7,500 and Carmelo's Exquisite is at $2,800.. The Parallel LBJ Exquisite which is #d to 23 is being sold at around $20-25K in e-bay..

FYI, someone in the PI owns a Lebron Exquisite #d to 99.. He even owns one LBJ Exquisite Parallel.. His binder is just sick.. I have posted some pictures of his collection here and those Lebrons were part of the pics.. Just back read..

Some argue that Mikan, Wilt and Russel's Rookie cards must be worth more than Lebron's or DWade's.. But Beckett argues (and I agree) that the Exquisite RCs of Lebron and DWade is much rarer.. Numbered to just 99, these cards would not be readily available in the secondary market because big time collectors would just keep them and not sell/trade them di ba? Do you know that the Mikan RC Mint condition is just valued at $8K.. The Lebron ungraded version is already at $12K.. What more a Lebron James graded Exquisite at 9.5 to 10..

Still, the Mikan RC is one of the most coveted rookie cards in basketball.. Basketball's first superstar's rookie card will always be one of the best RCs to have.. At the very least, LBJ can still falter but Mikan's greatness/legacy can never be duplicated.. He pioneered.. MJ, LBJ and the others will always be a step behind Mikan.. They can never be called the pioneer of basketball.. As Shaq said, "George Mikan started it all.." GOD!!! I NEED ANY MIKAN AUTOGRAPHED CARD.. ARRRHHH!!!

Edited by revi
The Fleer buybacks that I have came from 04-05 Fleer Genuine BuyBacks. I don't know the price right now. I believe it was listed for only a short time then it was not listed anymore. Maybe due to scarcity. Revi, you might want to check it out. it would help me too if you can furnish a checklist for this series and price. Thanks.

Ito ba yon? Taken from Beckett Online Price Guide.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/Aubrey0927/04-05FleerGenuineBuybacks.jpg

Ito ba yon? Taken from Beckett Online Price Guide.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/Aubrey0927/04-05FleerGenuineBuybacks.jpg

The mystery of the Fleer Genuine Buybacks is finally solved.. Thanks to DShock !!! :cool:

Langhya! May Charles Barkley pala dito.. At 86-87 Rookie card pa!!! That is sick.. I need that card bad for my legends collection.. :cry: It is unpriced but the autographics are fetching P15-20K nowadays.. What more itong card na ito.. Kahit pa sticker auto ito.. Its one hell of a card!!!

So the Drexlers (of our main man, clyde) pala are listed.. Except for the 86-87.. Ano kaya yung difference ng card #3B at #92 dahil pareho lang 88-9 ang mga ito.. $60 yung #3B but the price for #92 is not listed..

@clyde: Sabihin mo kay Mang Berns na nakita mo na yung prices ng cards mo ($60 and $120) at sabihin mo sa kaniya na ang tantiya mo sa 86-87 ay nasa $150-160.. ;) Tapos dapat times 40 lang.. hehehe!!!

Edited by revi

Thanks a million Dshock!

Ya. Hope Mang Bernie will even sell it cheaper hehehe. Ok we'll do that Rev. About the variations on the 88-89 buyback, let me go back and check my card. I'm not aware of two different cards on the same year....

The barkley buyback will surely be a gem and a rare addition to any collections! I sure love this hobby! :D

just checked my collection...Got it right. The 88-89Fleer has a Fleer Sticker set and the Drexler card is numbered to 3 of 11. I guess this might be the card that the price guide is referring. But why 3B? Hmmm....anyway, mabe some of you guys might have some answers. By the way, the other card with number 92 is the regular Fleer 88-89 card.

bro.. meron co collection ng nba cards.. passion co un dati pero nun nwala na mga collectors.. di co na natuLoy ung collecting.. pero tinatago co pa ung mga cards co ang dami co pa cards.. La na din co mbilhan ng beckett.. ung magazine ng pricelists.. post aco nxt tym ng pix ng mga most treasured cards co ^_^ pki price nyo naman.. pati ung mga oldest cards co try co post... oldest co yta rc eh un nba hoops, 1990 sila bird.. pero meron din aco cna James Worthy, mga oldies.. pinadala sa kin ng tito co dati from the states.. post na lng co nxt tym ng pix

hi thoink. You can still do two things with regards to getting prices for your cards. You can either get a monthly subscription on beckett online price guides or buy the magazine at courtside (robinson galleria, Megamall, robinson malate I don't know if they have other branches maybe revi can help).

It's good to know that you have kept all those cards all these times. I'm sure you have some pretty good rare cards there. Please show us some.

revi, let me know if you come across some Drexler autos that I need. Thanks

^^ I have gone to only 2 Courtside branches.. these are in Galleria and Megamall..

@clydedrex: No problem with the Drexlers.. Kung meron akong makita you would be the first one that I would contact..

Speaking of Kevin Garnett, I also have several Rookie cards and some inserts of KG.. Below are the pictures.. The autograph card is valued at just $50.. Came from Ultimate Collection 2001..

Here are the prices of the cards below (not in any order)

Finest RC.. $70..

SPX.. $8..

UD Special Ed Gold - $32..

Fleer Rookie Phenom.. $12..

Flair RC.. $6..

Flair Showcase Row O (2nd year).. $48..

EX-L RC.. $6..

Sp RC.. $12..

I still have some more RCs and inserts.. but these are the most noteworthy cards that I have of KG.. Just chose 9 out of my KG collection..

post-75683-1169116819.jpg

Edited by revi

@revi & clyde

You're both welcome. I'm currently subscribe at Beckett Online until the 30th, kung meron kayo gusto malaman na price just let me know. :cool:

Mas okay ang Beckett Online kaysa sa magazine kasi kumpleto ang listings (since 1950), yung monthly issue kasi wala na ang old sets... :boo:

Share ko ito, I got this last week! :blush:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/Aubrey0927/Emerald.jpg 96-97 Skybox Emerald Autograph Redemption BV $200

Thanks Dschock appreciate that. Ok I'll sure let you know if I have some inquiries.

Rev, I have the spx gold its x2 ba? $16. need it?

By the way, I need some 03-04 Upper Deck Legends Legendary Incsrciptions to trade for Drexler auto. Know anyone who got these cards?

Also, anyone knows the price of the Fleer basketball 24karat Gold plated cards? I think it was sold some 8-9 years back. Got some very good "legends" in that set. It was sold in a CD case. one card per CD case. Thanks!

How much is the Jordan? Drexler? Barkle? Olajuwon? Malone? Where to find the price for these?