New York Knickerbockers

Melo will return the next game against the Nets, cherry-picked an opponent who they will likely be favored to beat.

He was ready against Dallas earlier, Melo was probably just expecting the Mavs to beat the crap out of Linsanity,

and come barging in the next game against New Jersey picking up the crumble that was Lin in a heroic fashion.

Well that didn't materialize, so its all on Melo now to answer the speculation whether he'll be a disruptive or constructive force

once he suits up the next game. If they win, Melo meshed well enough with the new unselfish Knicks, if they lose against the lowly crosstown rival

he's an ill-fitting cog in the Lin Machine.

There will always be doubters about New York bout if your a true blue Knickerbocker fan you know that this team has come a long way for the likes of the team that Isiah Thomas assembled and it also can't be compared to the team that D' Antoni ran in Phoenix as they can play defense now as well as the variety of personnel that it has now. They've already beaten the Lakers and the Mavs who were on a 6-game win streak from quality opponents and had the Matrix who was supposed to be their defensive stopper from CP3, to Jrue Holiday to Lou Williams to Ricky Rubio and Russel Westbrook. Guess what? J-Lin still erupted for a double digit scoring and assist although he did have 7 TO's all at the second half. Their win against the Mavs was a testament on how they need shooters like Novak and JR Smith as the defense of the Mavs was forced to adjust and they couldn't just sag the middle the way they were doing with Fields and Shump around. And Melo is way better than these two and way efficient. The Knicks simply are not forcing the issue with Melo's injury as it did not help the team when he tried to play thru the pain back then, plus there's no rush to hurry and disrupt the team chemistry to soon. But I believe that having him around would help the team more than hurt it. A solid play-making point guard was what the need needed from the very start and that wasn't Melo nor Amare's fault on how the line-up was assembled.

how can you get pissed with the game versus the nets, they dont have a presence in the middle thats really devastating. but all carmelo and stat is doing is taking jump shots after jump shots.

mas better pa alisin mo ung 2 get chandler na lang dun para ung shots nila may nag penetrate and inside game

And right on cue the Knicks produced a stinker at home losing to the Nets that did not play Brook Lopez on a back-to-back game with a score of 92 vs 100.

They lost this game at the 2nd and 3rd quarter where they allowed the Nets to score back-to-back 32 points after limiting them to 18 on the first quarter and 18 on the last. Ironically, this was also the quarter that Chandler was languishing from the bench after being on the early foul trouble and somehow explains that the Knicks are good not solely from their offense but also because of their D where Deron scorched them with 38 points after making 8 out of 14 hoisted shots from the rainbow territory. As usual J-Lin carried the team with 21 points, 7 rebounds, 9 assists, 4 steals, 3 TOs (low but they lose this one so TO is not synonymous to winning) and had 6 fouls, followed by 17 points from Amare, 4 rebounds, 2 assist and 1 blk, Chandler with 14 points, 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 2 blks, 4 fould and the highest +/- stat at +14, Carmelo managed to score 11 points, 3 rebounds, 6 assist, 1 steal, 6 TOs while Novak was ice-cold with 8 points and 1 of 4 FG% while Baron Davies only scored 3 points and played 10 mins, while the bad JR Smith appeared on this one scoring 4 points while hoisting 7 shots and making only 2. It didn't also helped that Iman Shupert sat out this game after suffering from a minor injury and i guess his backcourt D was sorely missed on this game. Walker also is still out from injury thus the so-called team chemistry is obviously non-existent yet as shown by this game. I'll give them time, Jorts hasn't returned yet and surely he could help being a big man with range. However, the Knicks ought to beat stinker teams consistently and not just show up on top-notch teams. To be elite, you have to beat the teams that you're supposed to beat and last time I checked, the Nets falls into this category of teams mad.gif

Adds another reason for the Melo and Amare haters to continue fueling or fanning the fire further that they're more of a liability than an asset to the team tsk tsk For me, the jury is still out and I still believe on my Knicks team.

Edited by Droidz1979

And right on cue the Knicks produced a stinker at home losing to the Nets that did not play Brook Lopez on a back-to-back game with a score of 92 vs 100.

They lost this game at the 2nd and 3rd quarter where they allowed the Nets to score back-to-back 32 points after limiting them to 18 on the first quarter and 18 on the last. Ironically, this was also the quarter that Chandler was languishing from the bench after being on the early foul trouble and somehow explains that the Knicks are good not solely from their offense but also because of their D where Deron scorched them with 38 points after making 8 out of 14 hoisted shots from the rainbow territory. As usual J-Lin carried the team with 21 points, 7 rebounds, 9 assists, 4 steals, 3 TOs (low but they lose this one so TO is not synonymous to winning) and had 6 fouls, followed by 17 points from Amare, 4 rebounds, 2 assist and 1 blk, Chandler with 14 points, 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 2 blks, 4 fould and the highest +/- stat at +14, Carmelo managed to score 11 points, 3 rebounds, 6 assist, 1 steal, 6 TOs while Novak was ice-cold with 8 points and 1 of 4 FG% while Baron Davies only scored 3 points and played 10 mins, while the bad JR Smith appeared on this one scoring 4 points while hoisting 7 shots and making only 2. It didn't also helped that Iman Shupert sat out this game after suffering from a minor injury and i guess his backcourt D was sorely missed on this game. Walker also is still out from injury thus the so-called team chemistry is obviously non-existent yet as shown by this game. I'll give them time, Jorts hasn't returned yet and surely he could help being a big man with range. However, the Knicks ought to beat stinker teams consistently and not just show up on top-notch teams. To be elite, you have to beat the teams that you're supposed to beat and last time I checked, the Nets falls into this category of teams mad.gif

Adds another reason for the Melo and Amare haters to continue fueling or fanning the fire further that they're more of a liability than an asset to the team tsk tsk For me, the jury is still out and I still believe on my Knicks team.

its not that im a hater of melo and stat, im just saying that probably the team should be doing better than what happened tonight. to me this game is another example of the knicks not hitting their shots. as you said novak was cold, jr smith suddenly become non existent, i was even looking at the box score wondering where is shumpart when you need his defense. if he was there and put on deron probably we have a different story.

but the bottom line for me is, its normal that your team have cold nights where in the outside shots arent falling, the problem is no one in the knicks star power of stat and melo going inside or within the 15 ft or the zone area, most of it are just jacking up shots outside. i mean the nets were handing it to them openly and they never made them pay so they just continued shooting.

you are correct about chemistry, looking at lin instead of setting the offense he just hands it to carmelo on the offensive set. again might be the reason why he just got 3 TO as to carmelo's 6 to's. come on the worst part in this game when they hoist outside jumpers i often see chandler is the only one trying to get the rebounds against 2-3 defenders. everyone was standing or just looking,

if your saying that this is chemistry issue i think not, for even since carmelo plays for the knicks the offense was often stagnant

very clear na si chandler ang karl malone ni jeremy lin. chanlder has been the anchor of new york's defense and offense (he provides lin enough space to operate froom the floor). i still dont believe that melo is the right fit for new york's offensive system. but if he can adjust for the team (something he has not done under george karl in denver) then maybe they can really be a playoffs contender.

hey D'Antoni! designate MELO as the most expensive sixth man off the bench early in the game!

thats should make your system work.. When Lin sits bring in Melo,-- play them both during the closing stretch of course. -_-

1st 5: Chandler, Stoudemire, Fields, Davis, Lin -- Inside-out Scoring, Agility, Ball movement, Defense.. its there.

bench MoB: Melo, Jeffries, Novak, Smith, Douglas-- will eat any team's second stringers alive, set play or mostly isolations doesnt matter.

its not that im a hater of melo and stat, im just saying that probably the team should be doing better than what happened tonight. to me this game is another example of the knicks not hitting their shots. as you said novak was cold, jr smith suddenly become non existent, i was even looking at the box score wondering where is shumpart when you need his defense. if he was there and put on deron probably we have a different story.

but the bottom line for me is, its normal that your team have cold nights where in the outside shots arent falling, the problem is no one in the knicks star power of stat and melo going inside or within the 15 ft or the zone area, most of it are just jacking up shots outside. i mean the nets were handing it to them openly and they never made them pay so they just continued shooting.

you are correct about chemistry, looking at lin instead of setting the offense he just hands it to carmelo on the offensive set. again might be the reason why he just got 3 TO as to carmelo's 6 to's. come on the worst part in this game when they hoist outside jumpers i often see chandler is the only one trying to get the rebounds against 2-3 defenders. everyone was standing or just looking,

if your saying that this is chemistry issue i think not, for even since carmelo plays for the knicks the offense was often stagnant

I wasn't referring to you bro on my post, am also a member of the knickerblogger.net site and the hate about Melo and Amare being max-paid players and what not's are over the roof. However, i'd say that it's a good stat based site where some of the posters are really sensible and has a wicked sense of humor. Personally, I would say that it was too much to ask Melo to be a playmaker the way they experimented with David Lee when he was still around. The fact that D' Antoni's system is predicated on a strong PG play and they've been badly missing that piece right until J-Lin arrived to the team or shall we say fell on the lap of New York after being cut by the Warriors and the Rockets. Besides, the strategy for the Knicks would have to be the zone the way NOLA did as it minimizes the penetration or P-N-R game of NY. I would also say they did not lose on offense alone on this game, they lost on defense when they allowed the Nets to score 64 points on the 2nd and 3rd quarter after holding them to 18 on the first quarter. The recent win streak, they've managed to hold their opponents below 100 and Amare could be a part of this with his weak D as well as the usual foul trouble problem of Chandler. I guess it also shows the value of Shupert on defending wing players as Deron might have not exploded by 38 points. The chemistry thing i guess is not only limited to their offense but more importantly on their defense as it wins championships and carries elite teams during play-offs where it would all matter.

Knicks win against the Hawks with the score of 99 against 82.

And the key again tonight was that they've limit the Hawks below 100 while the depth came out to contribute. Let's also consider the fact that the Haws are not in full strength with the absence of Joe Johnson and Al Holford who is probably out for the rest of the season.

Stats for the night : J-Lin with 17 points, 2 rebounds, 9 assist, 2 steals and sat mostly at the 4th quarter; Steve "Novakaine" Novak showed up tonight with 17 points (5/10 on the rainbow area), 2 rebounds, 2 steals; Landry Fields with 16 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal and 1 blk; Carmelo with 15 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assist, 2 steals amd 1 blk; Amare with 7 points, 10 rebounds and 1 blk; JR Smith with 12 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist and 5 steals; Tyson Chandler with 7 points, 8 rebounds, 1 assist and 2 fouls only; Jared Jeffries had 7 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assist and 1 steal; and Baron Davis had 1 point, 6 assist, 2 steals, 5TOs but provided 14 minutes of relief to J-Lin.

@Linsanity, i guess your name say's it all bro and that it would be foolish for me to ask on which player you root for tongue.gif Bring on the HEAT!!!

Edited by Droidz1979

The heat are the hottest team in the NBA right now with all its players back from injury and they have minor personnel changes only so team chemistry is not a problem at all and they play high premium to D. It showed how much respect they've had to Lin's game that they predicated their D on shackling J-Lin and ruining the offense of New York. Bawi na lang next time ang New York as i still think that if the Knick's players get further practice time to mesh together and recover from injuries, then they are the dark horse and team to beat at the play-offs.

The heat are the hottest team in the NBA right now with all its players back from injury and they have minor personnel changes only so team chemistry is not a problem at all and they play high premium to D. It showed how much respect they've had to Lin's game that they predicated their D on shackling J-Lin and ruining the offense of New York. Bawi na lang next time ang New York as i still think that if the Knick's players get further practice time to mesh together and recover from injuries, then they are the dark horse and team to beat at the play-offs.

we'll get em nxt time. Sa playoffs mas masarap makabawi. Lechoke 😝 peace y'all!