New York Knickerbockers

uh-oh! donnie walsh no longer GM of knicks. what's gonna happen next? isaiah coming back?!

dry.gif

Was also saddened to hear that Donnie's not gonna be back next season since he basically has to drag New York back from mediocrity to where it is now and where it could be headed with 2 superstars in tow (Amare and Melo), some great finds from the draft (Fields, Douglas), trade (Bill Walker and Ronnie Turiaf) and free agency (Shawne Williams) and some wiggle room and a cap space to further improve its players in the near future. But I doubt it if Zeke would be able to mount a comeback at New York since i've read that his being considered to coach for Detroit. So good luck with that :rolleyes:

^^ That one worked! ;)

for 1 year. the "boston model" still failed to make the dynasty expected from it.

new york should not only have a big 3, but also a bunch of good role players.

the miami model would have worked if not for a choker.

Edited by jopoc

^^ Dynasty nga ba expectation?

"At this juncture, it’s wise to remember that when the Big Three were put together, it was a universal assumption that there was a three-year window in which to win a title. They got it done in Year 1, and have kept a nice thing going into Year 4."

http://articles.boston.com/2011-05-13/sports/29540745_1_paul-pierce-big-three-dave-gavitt/3

"When Danny Ainge assembled Boston's new Big Three prior to the 2007-2008 season, he stressed that Garnett, Allen and Pierce held a three-year window. This trio of veterans would have those three years to fight for what had eluded each of them over their respective NBA lifetimes: A championship."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/550794-boston-celtics-winning-beyond-danny-ainges-three-year-window

Even diehard fans like Bill Simmons didn't have dynasty in mind:

"Now it looks like they can contend in the East. Now the Celtics are on TNT and ESPN for more than two appearances."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070730

I guess that 3 year window is expectation to win by the 3rd year. More margin/allowance for developing chemistry/right mix of additional role players. But when they won on the first year, I guess dynasty was already being thought of especially since they didn't break up the big 3 after 3 years, right?

^^ Dynasty nga ba expectation?

there was the expectation.....

"The Boston Globe's Bob Ryan, longtime keeper of the flame, compared them to

the great '86 team with its four-Hall-of-Famer front line of Larry Bird,

Kevin McHale, Robert Parish and Bill Walton.

Another Globe story noted: "The overwhelming feeling is that they can't get

much better."

Just three years ago, the Boston Celtics made multiple blockbuster deals that immediately put them at the top of the NBA, as they acquired all-Stars Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen to play alongside the face of the franchise, Paul Pierce. After the “Big Three” dominated the league in their first year together, ultimately winning the 2008 NBA title, it seemed as if the Celtics had a dynasty in the making.

However, that idea of a dynasty slowly deteriorated as the Celtics were defeated by the Orlando Magic in the 2009 Eastern Conference Finals, and the Los Angeles Lakers in the 2010 NBA Finals. Then came the Wednesday night loss, which marked the earliest that the Celtics were defeated in a playoff series since the inception of the Big Three in Boston.

Dynasties

The creation of a dynasty appeared to change in 2005. In 2005 and 2007, the San Antonio Spurs

won their third and fourth championship in nine seasons under Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili. In 2008, the Boston Celtics established their own Big 3 by adding Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen to Paul Pierce

• 7 months later...

Personally i think they have done well. I know the NBA is a win now league, but if you want to build something meaningful, you don't just throw money at the problem and expect to solve it. Winning a championship takes time, effort and luck. Since they acquired Melo and Amare, they have finally looked dangerous. This year, they got Tyson Chandler. I know he's no CP3 but he will make an impact. Barring injuries, they should win more games. The playoffs though are different.

Link on my take of the recent LIN-sanity express that has engulfed NBA : http://manilatonight.com/index.php?showtopic=51814&st=100&gopid=8117666&&do=findComment&comment=8117666

Got some decent pics too.. too bad this site has been left for dead with a post such as fire the coach left prior. Jared Jeffries just said that he'd bled on the court for his coach after D' Antoni defended him from the fans that boo him at the garden after coming back to the Knicks at a vet's min. and playing his heart out night in and out. Besides, J-Lin's game is best suited to D' Antoni's offense so i won't have it any other way. cool.gif

Finally, the Knicks get a guard without additional baggage.

You could already hope that the curse of Isiah Thomas has already been lifted.. Hopefully, D' Antoni would get a contract extension with this winning streak. The offense orchestrated by J-Lin and the defense that they've shown anchored by the likes of Tyson Chandler, Iman shupert and Jared Jeffries as well as their defensive coordinator Mike Woodson (ex Atlanta Hawks coach) has made New York the dark-horse for the semis. Knicks are finally back! cool.gif

Link on my take of the recent LIN-sanity express that has engulfed NBA : http://manilatonight...6

Got some decent pics too.. too bad this site has been left for dead with a post such as fire the coach left prior. Jared Jeffries just said that he'd bled on the court for his coach after D' Antoni defended him from the fans that boo him at the garden after coming back to the Knicks at a vet's min. and playing his heart out night in and out. Besides, J-Lin's game is best suited to D' Antoni's offense so i won't have it any other way. cool.gif

Lagi na lang sya nakalagay sa Yahoo news :)