New York Knickerbockers

and these teams may have scouted jeremy lin already.

this could mean the end of linsanity.

i like the knicks, not a hater of the team. just giving my honest opinion.

I beg to disagree.. I think barring any major injuries, the tall front line of of Chandler, Amare and Melo with the emergence of Jeremy Lin, and the development of Iman Shupert and Landry Fields and the added depth of the bench from Baron Davies and JR Smith as well as the steady contribution from the likes of Jared Jeffries, Steve Novak and the return of their rookie big with range in Josh "Jorts" Harrelson makes them a deep team and among the teams to beat in the second half. They were beaten with the best wing help team defense in the NBA with the presence of Joel Anthony, Lebron, Wade and Cole/Chalmers and not because J-Lin got scouted already. Only the Nets and the Jazz team can probably use that excuse that they have not scouted Lin during that 8-game winning streak. The Lakers watched films of him, just so happened that their biggest weakness which is at its PG position (too old and Blake coming from injury) got exposed by J-Lin and the Dallas game which was the top defensive team at that time (Miami was only a close second as well as the Bulls) with the supposed to be PG stopper in Marion was in fact not enough to stop J-Lin and they were able to beat the Mavs and gave them a good fight. The all-star break can only help the team further improve their team chemistry and shake-off the rust from the likes of Baron Davies and give more practice time for the rest of the team to jell and develop some sense of chemistry. Yes J-Lin's production is bound to decrease but he'd probably be more efficient, with decent help in the presence of Baron Davis and the team would be deadlier because of it.

Edited by Droidz1979

I beg to disagree.. I think barring any major injuries, the tall front line of of Chandler, Amare and Melo with the emergence of Jeremy Lin, and the development of Iman Shupert and Landry Fields and the added depth of the bench from Baron Davies and JR Smith as well as the steady contribution from the likes of Jared Jeffries, Steve Novak and the return of their rookie big with range in Josh "Jorts" Harrelson makes them a deep team and among the teams to beat in the second half. They were beaten with the best wing help team defense in the NBA with the presence of Joel Anthony, Lebron, Wade and Cole/Chalmers and not because J-Lin got scouted already. Only the Nets and the Jazz team can probably use that excuse that they have not scouted Lin during that 8-game winning streak. The Lakers watched films of him, just so happened that their biggest weakness which is at its PG position (too old and Blake coming from injury) got exposed by J-Lin and the Dallas game which was the top defensive team at that time (Miami was only a close second as well as the Bulls) with the supposed to be PG stopper in Marion was in fact not enough to stop J-Lin and they were able to beat the Mavs and gave them a good fight. The all-star break can only help the team further improve their team chemistry and shake-off the rust from the likes of Baron Davies and give more practice time for the rest of the team to jell and develop some sense of chemistry. Yes J-Lin's production is bound to decrease but he'd probably be more efficient, with decent help in the presence of Baron Davis and the team would be deadlier because of it.

i hope you are correct.

we should be looking at the situation to be the same as what happened with ricky rubio. i think by this time teams have already devise ways on how to control him but with the freedom his getting from the coach and how the team is confident him running the team, its not going to be easy to stop him also just by doing the x's and o's of strategy.

for jeremy lin, scouted it seems still it remains to see how he will be able to adjust and with the big chunk of arsenal at his side, its about what to expect from him in executing team plays. no matter how bad his game will be on the side note, we must not forget the knicks have the winning streak was due mainly doing defense. i dont really focus myself on how carmelo will fit in the offense or when does amare get its going with lin in the pick and roll, how many 3's novak can make etc etc etc. to me i want to see how they hold it defensively.

if we are to focus on jeremy lin alone and solely on him we will just get disappointed especially on tough games as the heat. but the kid is still learning though already 2 years in the league he was bench and even thrown at the d-league , suddenly his a spectacle to see. surely he will make mistakes unlike rubio who has many years of experience from the international league and national team.

the kid will make and still continue to make mistakes which to me would even cost them to lose games.

i hope you are correct.

Even though I have my fingers crossed i guess the best way to find out would be to watch keenly for their upcoming games. Irregardless, i'd still be a fan as i stuck thru with the team when the time when Isiah ran it to the ground and it sucked big time. At least they don't have Marbury in their line-up to drag the team down while he brags that he's the best PG in the world. This team is way fun and light years ahead from its predecessor the way it was when it featured Camby, LJ, Allan Houston, Spree and prior to Ewing's injury. cool.gif

Kaya pa kaya for the playoffs?

Dude, they're a lock for the 7th place right now and their's a good probability that they could go as high as 5th or 6th place being the fact that only Miami and Chicago are the two teams that have the lock at the 1st and 2nd place in the East.

Knicks won against the Cavs with a score of 120 vs 103.

Stats for the night : Carmelo topscored with 22 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assist; followed by J-Lin with 19 points, 5 rebounds, 13 assist, 1 steal and just 1 TO; Amare scored 14, had 5 rebounds and 1 blk while Tyson Chandler had 13 points, 15 rebounds, 3 steals and 4 blks while the bench was led by Novakaine with 17 points, 1 rebound and 1 steal (all in 17mins. of play), 12 points from Shupert, 2 rebounds, 1 assist and 3 steals; JR Smith had 9 points, 1 rebound, 1 blk while Baron Davies had 8 points, 5 rebound, 1 assist while Jared Jeffries had 4 points, 2 rebounds, 8 assist, and 1 steal.

They came back from the 2nd half after being down by 12 points and held the cavs to a 42-point scoring. Other than their D, its the depth of their bench that showed down here as it was actually the 2nd unit that brought down the deficit and gave the early lead. The starting 5 merely came back to pad the lead and make the game out of reach for the Cavs. Heck, J-Lin even had the better stat against the no. 1 draft Kyrie Irving who scored 22 points, had 3 rebounds, 7 assist, 1 steal and 4 TOs. Their game against the Celts and the Mavs on the road will be a good test but if they could split the game then it would still be all good.

Testament to Lin's basketball IQ IMO. Sure hope they beat both Dallas and Boston. Tired of hearing certain things about those two teams.

well if they can make it to the playoff, avoid 7th or 8th spot! for sure, CHI or MIA will be waiting for them. -_-

well if they can make it to the playoff, avoid 7th or 8th spot! for sure, CHI or MIA will be waiting for them. -_-

I agree, I think Indiana, Orlando and Boston would be the competition after Miami and Chicago since I don't think Atlanta is that strong (Minus Al Holford that is and the fact that Joe Johnson has been bit by the injury bug lately plus I think T-Mac simply ain't Jamal Crawford for that extra firepower) and without Spencer Hawes back, Philadelphia just won't cut it. Boston might be crunch with Allen, Garnett and Pierce but their age is slowly getting back at them and trading Perkins to the Thunder for Krisnic who is playing overseas right now and Green who happened to have a heart condition and gone for the season sure is a bitch. I guess that leaves Indiana who sure have a deep, tall and young (relatively) frontline in Hibbert, David West and Granger with a very able back court in Collison and George. Then there's also Orlando that would always be a threat with Howard around and having tons of 3-point shooter around in Anderson, Hedo, J-Rich, Jameer and the likes. I guess the depth of the Knicks would help here to give it a second wind but am keeping my fingers crossed here ph34r.gif

Arggg

Knicks lost to the C's at OT with a score of 115 vs 111 mad.gif

Curse the clutch 3's of Pierce and Allen as well as the plays of Rondo.. guess the silver lining is that their Big 4 played heavy minutes, Rondo with 48 and the rest at 40+ while only amare played for 38 minutes while the rest only played for 30+minutes. Hopefully, its gonna bite back at the C's with the condensed season and on the play-offs. But this game sure is a bummer as the Knicks were up by 3 with around 20+ seconds left on the clock right before Pierce hit that game trying 3 and Melo missed with 4 seconds left after being guarded well by Pierce on the other end tsk tsk

Knicks lose to the Mavs on the road again with a score of 85 vs 95 mad.gif

Guess the Mavs D held up this time plus the Knicks was very erratic on this one while Melo was lethargic to say the least (6 points, 8 rebounds and 1 assist on a 2/12 FG%). Amare topscored the Knicks with 26 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 steal; J-Lin with 14 points, 3 rebounds, 7 assists, and 2 steals; Novak with 13 points, 3 rebounds and 1 blk while Chandler had 6 points, 8 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 blk.

For the Mavs, Dirk torched the Knicks with 28 points while ably supported by Beaubois with 18 points and 15 points from J-Kidd.

Iba na kasi ang setup ng offense nila. Now that they have their stars back they would rely more on feeding them instead of their rarah offense anchored on lin fueling shumpert, novak, chandler and fields. peor ngaun it seems balik sila sa simula. new york manages to win kahit 5 to 8 tos ang binibigay ni lin because tat means they are aggressive in their offense. 2 opions for the knicks trade melo or replace d'antoni. d'antoni is now on dilemma of wheter he would revert to his style game anchored on point guard running the show or setting up plays for melo and amare. same holds for melo, anu ba role niya talaga ngaun sa knicks. so eto dapat gawin ng new york.

what the knicks should do and save their season before it explodes in their faces is trade carmelo.

sometimes its hard for d'antoni to decide, like for this instance. but as a coach if a player should be bench then why not for the win

http://www.sulia.com/channel/new-york-knicks/f/aa898063-8a64-42f6-af24-7f337080a9e2/?source=twitter

could it be the owner has its hand on this?

what the knicks should do and save their season before it explodes in their faces is trade carmelo.

sometimes its hard for d'antoni to decide, like for this instance. but as a coach if a player should be bench then why not for the win

http://www.sulia.com/channel/new-york-knicks/f/aa898063-8a64-42f6-af24-7f337080a9e2/?source=twitter

could it be the owner has its hand on this?