New Jersey Nets

Here's an article written by Richard O'Connor

http://northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpc...2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

some excerpts:

Absorb this staggering line one more time: 19 assists, 16 rebounds, 16 points. Only Wilt Chamberlain and Fat Lever had ever cleared 15 in those three categories in a playoff game. :rolleyes:

"This so-called injury," Toronto coach Sam Mitchell said of Kidd's knee. "He was just unbelievable. He just dominated the basketball game. As good as Vince was, Jason Kidd still dictated everything."

Kidd knew he could get scorched by Ford and Calderon, who combined for 39 points, so he figured out a way to neutralize the effect. Rebound like Rodman. Maneuver like Magic. Lead like Larry. :cool:

"As a player," Kidd said, "I wish I could score more."

There's really no need. In the twilight of his career, Jason Kidd likes his chances when it's his brain and eyes against your youth and speed. :D

'Nuff said!

As a Kidd fan, I'm still fretting about the time when Duncan inched him for an MVP award... I believe there was injustice there when the NETS rolled to the NBA Finals (although falling short against the Lakers and the Spurs), and Kidd never took home a Podoloff trophy. -_-

Here's an article written by Richard O'Connor

http://northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpc...2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

some excerpts:

Absorb this staggering line one more time: 19 assists, 16 rebounds, 16 points. Only Wilt Chamberlain and Fat Lever had ever cleared 15 in those three categories in a playoff game. :rolleyes:

"This so-called injury," Toronto coach Sam Mitchell said of Kidd's knee. "He was just unbelievable. He just dominated the basketball game. As good as Vince was, Jason Kidd still dictated everything."

Kidd knew he could get scorched by Ford and Calderon, who combined for 39 points, so he figured out a way to neutralize the effect. Rebound like Rodman. Maneuver like Magic. Lead like Larry. :cool:

"As a player," Kidd said, "I wish I could score more."

There's really no need. In the twilight of his career, Jason Kidd likes his chances when it's his brain and eyes against your youth and speed. :D

'Nuff said!

As a Kidd fan, I'm still fretting about the time when Duncan inched him for an MVP award... I believe there was injustice there when the NETS rolled to the NBA Finals (although falling short against the Lakers and the Spurs), and Kidd never took home a Podoloff trophy. -_-

Shaq did acknowledge that Kidd should've been the MVP during that season that they met in the Finals. I know Shaq meant the Finals MVP but I think he was also trying to imply that J.Kidd should've been the regular season MVP as well.

anyway, the Nets are slaughtering,butchering,killing,murdering the Toronto Raptors. wow. what a sight. 32-point game. :lol:

it's almost certain that it will be 3 - 1 at the end of today's game as the nets is leading by 30 pts. after the 3rd, kidd is 2 rebounds shy of another triple double, but i guess there's no use in fielding him back into the game with that enormous margin.

anyway, the nets is peaking at the right time. i hope the team will continue to play well and win this year's championship.

NETS blew RAPTORS away; take 3-1 Lead!!!

http://www.nba.com/games/20070429/TORNJN/recap.html

No trouble. No trouble at all. :) Jason Kidd had another stellar night as he compiled 17 pts 8 rebs 13 asts for another near-3D while sitting the entire 4th quarter. He is currently tied with Larry Bird at 2nd in career 3D's in the playoffs with 10. Well, with the way our fave player's playing, this tie can be broken any time soon. :D

VC had 27 points to lead NJ while RJ chipped in 23. Andrea Bargnani led Toronto with 16 pts. Bosh had 13 pts 10 rebs but was held to 5-12 from the field. :evil:

The biggest lead stood at 33 points. The NETS led all game except for the first 15 seconds of it. The NETS also made a franchise best 14 three-pointers with Vinsanity and Kidd making 5 triples each!

Let's hope they wrap it up in Game 5. :cool:

GO GO NETS!!!

Though I don't like him and have expressed it several times on this thread, I have to give Jason Collins some much-deserved credit for effectively shutting down Bosh's game. Bosh has not been much of a factor in this series. :cool:

Even Jason's shooting percentage improved dramatically. As of Game 4, he was 7-of-7 from the field.

Earlier, I posted that the Cavs would make quick work of either the Nets or the Raptors...

After seeing JKidd resurrected and the Cavs struggling against the Wiz, I change my mind. The Nets would be a strong opponent. That matchup would be a tough one...

Thanks! :D No offense taken. :) I'm already excited about the next round. :evil:

Though I don't like him and have expressed it several times on this thread, I have to give Jason Collins some much-deserved credit for effectively shutting down Bosh's game. Bosh has not been much of a factor in this series. :cool:

Even Jason's shooting percentage improved dramatically. As of Game 4, he was 7-of-7 from the field.

Good observation as usual. :) Anyway, we can't change the line-up for now so I'll concentrate on cheering for our team! GO NETS!!! :)

I hope the Net ties the series in their next game, I want the Nets to win in this one.

Tough luck... it's now 0-2 in favor of the CAVS...

It's not gonna be easy, this series...

We were clobbered in the boards in Game 2...

I told you Lawrence! You played Jason Collins again for 30 minutes and he gave 1 rebound!

Clap! Clap! Clap!

0-2..

going home..

that's tough..

but then, they haven't been beaten at their homecourt yet..

so there's hope..

now, if only vc would start taking that ball to the hoops instead of shooting jumpshots, it'd be a different ballgame..

series ends six games..

nets facing pistons next round..

JASON KIDD :upside:

did it all as the NETS defeated the CAVS 96-85

Jason Kidd tallied 23 points 13 rebounds 14 assists

Finally! A win against the CAVS! :thumbsupsmiley: It's 2-1 and there's another game in our homecourt!

Great defense and great resilience there! OMG, I was teary-eyed the whole game. I was reminded of how much I loved watching Kidd since his Mavs days! Now that's a LEADER for you. He was everywhere in Game 3! :thumbsupsmiley:

We out-rebounded the Cavs for the first time in the series and we held James King to a mere 18 points on 5 of 16 shooting! :flowers:

Carter and Jefferson both scored 23 points for our NETS!

Keep believing guys!!!

GO GO NETS!!!

the big 3 got it going for the nets...and as long as they continue doing what they did in game 3, this will be an exciting series.

the big 3 got it going for the nets...and as long as they continue doing what they did in game 3, this will be an exciting series.

Yeah, it already became exciting with the NETS' Game 3 win! :blush: The CAVS better get their fighting hearts in check now! :thumbsupsmiley: