New Jersey Nets

New Jersey NETS bow down to a depleted Chicago BULLS... :cry:

http://www.nba.com/games/20070406/NJNCHI/boxscore.html

The NETS stayed in 7th place though for the Eastern Conference playoffs race. :P

It looks like our team are gonna make it to the Playoffs this year. :)

It didn't help that Coach Lawrence Frank again stuck with Carter inspite of the latter's shooting woes. Frank also let Jason Collins play a significant number of minutes. Any wonder then as to why the Nets lost? :angry:

The Nets must replace Frank after this season. :thumbsdownsmiley: This guy just doesn't get it. The recent Nets victories happened with Jason Collins spending a great amount of time on the bench. Jason Collins place on the centers' rotation should be dead last after Mikki Moore, Josh Boone, and Cliff Robinson. :angry: :thumbsdownsmiley: When Krstic comes back next season, the Nets should rid themselves of Collins. Enough is enough.

Edited by willow_boy
It didn't help that Coach Lawrence Frank again stuck with Carter inspite of the latter's shooting woes. Frank also let Jason Collins play a significant number of minutes. Any wonder then as to why the Nets lost? :angry:

The Nets must replace Frank after this season. :thumbsdownsmiley: This guy just doesn't get it. The recent Nets victories happened with Jason Collins spending a great amount of time on the bench. Jason Collins place on the centers' rotation should be dead last after Mikki Moore, Josh Boone, and Cliff Robinson. :angry: :thumbsdownsmiley: When Krstic comes back next season, the Nets should rid themselves of Collins. Enough is enough.

I think a good center is what's lacking the Nets.. I agree with willlow_boy's post re: Jason Collins.. The guy can't even grab the ball.. He is a detriment offensively and defensively, IMO.. Moore and Boone should be given more PT.. I like Josh Boone's game, considering he is still a rook..

I think a good center is what's lacking the Nets.. I agree with willlow_boy's post re: Jason Collins.. The guy can't even grab the ball.. He is a detriment offensively and defensively, IMO.. Moore and Boone should be given more PT.. I like Josh Boone's game, considering he is still a rook..

Yeah... Boone... this kid can play! wait till he comes out of his shell... :D

Carter, Kidd Make History in Nets OT Win!

http://www.nba.com/games/20070407/WASNJN/recap.html

Carter: 46 pts, 16 rebs, 10 asts

Kidd: 10 pts, 16 rebs, 18 asts :evil:

This was how the stat sheets looked like after the game. The last players to ever accomplish such a feat (teammates producing triple-doubles in the same game) was Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen when the BULLS defeated the Clippers last January 3, 1989.

Kudos to Kidd and Carter. That was Carter's 3rd TD for his career and Kidd's 11th for the season and 86th for his career! :cool:

Special mention: The NETS also made a franchise-record for sinking 17 three-pointers! (7 from Carter and 6 from Jefferson)

Our team is now just 3 games behind Washington for the 6th place in the Eastern Conference standings. NJ and WAS both have 6 games remaining including another square-off with each other. We just have to tie-up with the Wizards win-loss record and the 6th place is ours by virtue of our currently 3-0 series "win" over the Wizards! :)

Low point: The Wizards played without Agent Zero and Caron Butler and we still needed an extra period to put them away. <_<

Is it because Jason Collins played 30+ minutes? :angry: Just asking, Lawrence! <_<

The NETS are currently in 7th place. 1 game ahead of 8th place Orlando, 2 games ahead of 9th place Indiana, and 4 games ahead of 10th place New York.

GO GO NETS!!!

Low point: The Wizards played without Agent Zero and Caron Butler and we still needed an extra period to put them away. <_<

Is it because Jason Collins played 30+ minutes? :angry: Just asking, Lawrence! <_<

This is where I get livid with Lawrence Frank! :angry: He doesn't seem to realize that by giving Jason Collins more playing minutes, he is making it harder for the Nets to win. I will bet my last peso that the Nets would have won the game without going through OT had Collins remained on the bench! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Frank needs to be replaced during the off-season. If not, I'm afraid na his relationship with the players will deteriorate to the point that the players will ask that he be kicked out, similar to what happened to Byron Scott 4 years ago. :angry:

Carter, Kidd Make History in Nets OT Win!

http://www.nba.com/games/20070407/WASNJN/recap.html

GO GO NETS!!!

All's well that ends well. The Wizards played one helluva game even w/o two of their best players. The other wizards responded to the challenge. We may say that they played a lot better as a team w/o arenas on this particular game w/ shooting consistency from the outside and a never say die attitude. More often than not, the absence of key players make the other players step up their game thus resulting to W's. Good examples of this are DWade & AI - in their absence the Heat & the 76ers started winning.

i am an avid fan of Jersey nets but lately haven't been paying much attention to nba. But that's about to change now. Anyone can inform me of Nets' standing? Do they already find a back up for jason kidd?

Thanks

The Nets are currently in the 7th spot for the playoffs. Marcus Williams, a rookie point guard, from the University of Connecticutt serves as his backup. The kid is very good and has a lot of potential. :)

i am an avid fan of Jersey nets but lately haven't been paying much attention to nba. But that's about to change now. Anyone can inform me of Nets' standing? Do they already find a back up for jason kidd?

Thanks

willow_boy already answered your question and I agree with him that Marcus has a lot of potential. Thanks for dropping by... (parang akin 'tong thread eh! HaHa! :D )

all I can add is that the NETS have a solid chance of making it to the playoffs. Hope they catch the Wizards' standing for a better placing (6th). :boo:

NETS closes in on the WIZARDS after beating them 96-92!!! :evil:

http://www.nba.com/games/20070410/NJNWAS/recap.html

Finally, a BIG game from Richard Jefferson! :D

RJ topscored for the NETS with 35 points on 13 of 19 shooting including 10 in the final quarter. VC scored 31 points and was instrumental in putting the game away by scoring New Jersey's final six points.

Jason Kidd had only 4 points but he grabbed 14 rebounds and dished out 11 assists.

:evil: Jason Collins played too many minutes again! (26 mins) He only had 3 rebounds and 5 fouls to contribute. Defense? Well, Etan Thomas and Darius Songaila combined for 30 points on 11 of 19 shooting! :grr:

The NETS will play LeBron James and the CAVS next on Thursday! :)

GO NETS!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

:evil: Jason Collins played too many minutes again! (26 mins) He only had 3 rebounds and 5 fouls to contribute. Defense? Well, Etan Thomas and Darius Songaila combined for 30 points on 11 of 19 shooting! :grr:

GO NETS!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Yup, it was a much-needed win. I wasn't able to watch the game though due to work. :(

The New York area sportswriters have been criticizing Lawrence Frank of late due to his moves and substitutions. Aside from his plays being too VINCE-centric, Jason Collins has also been mentioned as one of the reasons behind the criticisms against Frank.

I bet you that the game would not have been this close had Collins remained on the bench. Gago talaga si Frank! I don't claim to be an authority on game strategy but this is a no-brainer. I don't see Collins as a defensive genius. Frank claims that the guys helps them a lot on the defensive end and that's why he has remained on the starting rotation. But by giving Collins significant playing time, he gets his team into a deep hole, that consequently makes it harder for his star players (JKidd, Vince, RJ) and his good bench players to win the game! Frank just doesn't get it. :angry: :thumbsdownsmiley:

Edited by willow_boy
NETS clinched playoff berth w/ a 100 - 86 victory over the Knicks

JKidd notches his 87th career triple double and counting w/ 13 pts. 14 rebs. & 11 assts.

Yeah! At the expense of no less than their neighbors! :thumbsupsmiley:

GO GO NETS!!!

The NETS are going to the playoffs for the 6th straight year!!!

Nets Best Knicks to Sweep Season Series! :D

Move closer to the 6th place in the Eastern Conference playoffs race!

http://www.nba.com/games/20070416/NJNNYK/recap.html

Vince Carter had a triple-double: 29 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists

Bostjan Nachbar provided support by scoring 19 points off-the-bench while J-Kidd had another day in the office contributing 11 points, 8 rebounds and 6 assists.

Steve Francis topscored with 26 points for the depleted Knicks.

An excerpt from the Recap on NBA.com

"It's important to be playing great basketball and go into the playoffs with a lot of confidence,'' Carter said. "If we move up, that's great. If we don't, we we just want to make sure we're at the top of our game when the playoffs start.'' :)

'Nuff said! :cool:

GO GO NETS!!!

Nets end the season with a 41-41 record. They were able to gain 6th Seed in the playoffs and thus will face Toronto in the first round.

J Kidd, VC, Mikki Moore, Boki Nachbar, and Josh Boone all played great. The Nets led the game pretty much all throughout. :cool:

Mga Pards, check out the following site to get your daily dose of Nets News:

http://www.netsdaily.com/

Edited by willow_boy
Nets end the season with a 41-41 record. They were able to gain 6th Seed in the playoffs and thus will face Toronto in the first round.

J Kidd, VC, Mikki Moore, Boki Nachbar, and Josh Boone all played great. The Nets led the game pretty much all throughout. :cool:

Mga Pards, check out the following site to get your daily dose of Nets News:

http://www.netsdaily.com/

thanks for this good news. :cool: GO NETS! :thumbsupsmiley: