New Jersey Nets

^ Yes, I do know that but do the Atlantic Division deserve two teams in the playoffs?

Sorry I misunderstood your question. It doesn't really deserve 2 teams pero it just goes to show how weak the Eastern Conference is when compared to the West. I had expected Miami to top the Atlantic Division but with injuries to Wade and the underachieving Nets, who would have thought that the Raptors would be leading the division at this stage? It's just awful right now. Not a lot of teams are playing good basketball right now in both the Central and Atlantic divisions. :(

without kidd, NJ couldn't gotten the two ECF title.... :thumbsdownsmiley: put d blame on the GM for not making any moves that would make them formidable... :thumbsdownsmiley: trade RJ not VC.... :thumbsupsmiley: where kidd goes so do i... my loyalty is for him and he's still the best point guard behind havlicek, stockton.... :cool: correct me if i'm wrong after dallas, all the teams he played got into the playoffs right...it's just the matter of having a formidable cast to build a championship caliber team.... :goatee:

i think kaya pa ng nets sa playoffs kasi orlando is falling fast and new york lost crawford. sa future years they're still ok even if carter leaves since they have a good core in kidd, jefferson, krstic, marcus williams, nachbar, mikki moore and josh boone (si jason collins bano talaga and cliff robinson gurang na). if they can get something for carter in a sign and trade during the summer, eh di dagdag pa.

On the question as to why Lawrence Frank sticks to having Jason Collins on the starting lineup, the following Q&A with Ian Eagle (Nets Broadcaster) on Yesnetwork.com reveals the philosophy behind it:

Ian,

Why is Lawrence Frank sticking with a starting lineup consisting of Jason Collins and Antoine Wright? Isn't it about time Frank rewarded Bostjan Nachbar by giving him the starting job?

— Harold Wasserman

Harold,

Coach Frank's philosophy is why weaken two areas of your team (starting 5 and bench) by putting Nachbar in the starting lineup. If you start Boki instead of Antoine Wright or Hassan Adams at the small forward position, your bench scoring takes a major hit. Anyone watching the Nets these days knows that Nachbar has earned his way into the starting lineup, but once Jefferson returns, Boki would head back to the bench anyway. Coach Frank doesn't want to keep changing Nachbar's role on this team. He has been successful in reserve duty and the coaches can lean on him to provide 'instant offense' for that second unit. Nachbar is finally looking like the player the Rockets selected with the 15th overall pick in the 2002 draft and the trade deadline deal the Nets made last year with the Hornets is looking better every day.

without kidd, NJ couldn't gotten the two ECF title.... :thumbsdownsmiley: put d blame on the GM for not making any moves that would make them formidable... :thumbsdownsmiley: trade RJ not VC.... :thumbsupsmiley: where kidd goes so do i... my loyalty is for him and he's still the best point guard behind havlicek, stockton.... :cool: correct me if i'm wrong after dallas, all the teams he played got into the playoffs right...it's just the matter of having a formidable cast to build a championship caliber team.... :goatee:

Right! Where Kidd goes, my loyalty follows, too! :evil:

Ok. Question is, can they get a better player than Collins? s in someone who actually plays basketball?

Good question. The person does not have to be a very good scorer pero the person should be an intimidating presence in the low post in terms of defense, fighting for the ball, and rebounding (both offensive and defensive). Collins has decided to just focus on defense. This guy used to be a decent freethrow shooter and used to have a decent midrange jumper. Both skills have deteriorated to the point that it's become obvious, he no longer has the confidence to attempt any shots. :thumbsdownsmiley:

About Lawrence Frank: :(

Last night's game against Philadelphia was another example of Frank relying too much on Carter for his offense or to pull the team out of tight spots. It was obvious early on that Carter was not having a good game. His FG percentage was an awful 20%. And yet, Frank only decided to yank Carter out of the game with just 3+ minutes left in the 4th period. By that time, the Nets were already down by 12 points. It took him THAT LONG to decide that Carter was not really being a factor offensively. House and Nachbar played very well last night and Frank should have stuck with them longer. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Lawrence Frank is actually the epitome of a typical Eastern Conference coach:

They may be good but they are never that intimidating threat in the bench. They are the kind of coaches Phil Jackson doesn't lose sleep thinking how he could outcoach him. Hell, Eric Musselman ain't worried that much!

Frank, is actually not too shabby. However, he is not yet ready to go head-on coaching wise in the league.

Lawrence Frank is actually the epitome of a typical Eastern Conference coach:

They may be good but they are never that intimidating threat in the bench. They are the kind of coaches Phil Jackson doesn't lose sleep thinking how he could outcoach him. Hell, Eric Musselman ain't worried that much!

Frank, is actually not too shabby. However, he is not yet ready to go head-on coaching wise in the league.

The Nets have dropped in the playoff race due to 5 straight losses. I think they're now in the 10th spot.

I fervently hope they replace Lawrence Frank after this season. The Nets need a respected coach who actually played basketball. Frank is no Van Gundy either. Jason Collins also needs to get the boot. I strongly believe Kidd should be kept as he is the team's leader. I'm not too crazy about keeping either Vince or RJ, since both are very capable of bonehead plays at critical stretches in games. RJ is just way oo prone to committing turnovers IMHO.

Say what you want about that game against the Spurs but...

MAN, DID YOU SEE NACHBAR THROW IT DOWN OVER DUNCAN?!!!

Yes, I did. :cool: And that's why I'm agreeable to letting Vince and RJ go because of a very capable player like Nachbar. He deserves to be in the starting lineup. Once Krstic gets back at Center and with Nachbar at Power Forward, it would be a formidable and reliable combination supporting J Kidd! :thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I did. :cool: And that's why I'm agreeable to letting Vince and RJ go because of a very capable player like Nachbar. He deserves to be in the starting lineup. Once Krstic gets back at Center and with Nachbar at Power Forward, it would be a formidable and reliable combination supporting J Kidd! :thumbsupsmiley:

I support your stand. Though, I'm a little on the "having-second-thoughts" about letting RJ and Vince go. I'd say, trade Vince for a reliable low-post player and keep RJ. Nachbar can keep the fire going for the second-stringers!

Go NETS!!!

Move their way up in the draft!!! That's where they can get their players. Even Hansbrough would be able to lift this team. Trade Carter to Orlando, make sure there is a third team involved that has a lottery pick. Maybe trade him straight up to Charlotte for their pick.

Or risk trading RJ to a team like Charlotte, Memphis or even Boston... if tehy are going to agree...

NETS loses a vital game against the Orlando MAGIC!

http://www.nba.com/games/20070323/NJNORL/recap.html

We're just a half game behind the teams in the 7th and 8th play-off slots.

I still believe that the NETS will be able to qualify for the play-offs.

Waaahhh... It gets harder everyday...

:cry:

It is getting harder for them. Though the defense has been good, their offense has been found wanting these last few games. I hope they recover in time to make the playoffs.

Right! Where Kidd goes, my loyalty follows, too! :evil:

hahaha! Finally! People who can really distinguish a very very talented player from a flashy point guard!

Even Steve Nash himself admitted that he got to where he is at because he learned from the BEST.... and guess who was his team mate when Nash was still a snotty rookie in PHX?

Both Kidd and Nash are exemplary point guards and has a lot of things in common like their love and RESPECT for the game.

The difference between the two? The other 12 people supporting them.

Nuff said.

hahaha! Finally! People who can really distinguish a very very talented player from a flashy point guard!

Even Steve Nash himself admitted that he got to where he is at because he learned from the BEST.... and guess who was his team mate when Nash was still a snotty rookie in PHX?

Both Kidd and Nash are exemplary point guards and has a lot of things in common like their love and RESPECT for the game.

The difference between the two? The other 12 people supporting them.

Nuff said.

Thanks! You're absolutely right about Kidd and Nash. Yeah, I remember Nash's rookie year when he's still sporting that crew cut he calls "hair." :D

how about Vince Carter? Is he really worth it?

No, he's not! If you'll read my posts, I'm actually lobbying that he be traded for a quality big man! :evil:

NETS won over BOBCATS in OT!!!

I was furious with the NETS' ugly win but I'll take it! Geezz... :angry:

They nearly blew a game against a depleted Charlotte team. Imagine, winning in OT against a team without key players Emeka Okafor, Raymund Felton, and Gerald Wallace?! :grr:

Carter saved the day for our team but Vince... I still want you to be traded. :D Give us the championship this year and I might take it back.

One step closer... one step closer...

GO NETS!!!