New Jersey Nets

VC vs. Raptors? :lol:

I'm betting the Nets can provide the only "upset" in the playoffs. And I'm hoping NJ goes all the way to the East finals :P

true true!! the raptors is seeded higher(3rd seed) bec their division is the weakest in the nba. :)

i truly blieve the nets will win this one,it would b interesting to see the homecoming of v.carter in the raptors arena!!!

Nets end the season with a 41-41 record. They were able to gain 6th Seed in the playoffs and thus will face Toronto in the first round.

J Kidd, VC, Mikki Moore, Boki Nachbar, and Josh Boone all played great. The Nets led the game pretty much all throughout. :cool:

Mga Pards, check out the following site to get your daily dose of Nets News:

http://www.netsdaily.com/

thanks for the info, pare. :)

i think the Nets has a good chance of reaching the eastern conference finals. just like w/ the raptors, they can also match well w/ either the cavaliers or the wizards in the semis. but comes eastern conference finals, they are bound to have a hard time to defend against the big men of both the heat & the pistons. need to have a solid team defense to compensate for their big men's lack of defensive skills.

'just hope for the best.

Rejoice NETS fans! Another reason to brag!

The NETS stole the homecourt advantage by winning Game 1 of their first round series against the RAPTORS, 96-91! :thumbsupsmiley:

RJ led the way with 28 points while VC, booed all game long finished with "just" 16 points but scored 9 of them in the 4th Quarter. Boki (Nachbar) provided the support from the bench by scoring 16 points and probably the biggest shot of the night - a 3ptr from the corner when the Raptors are making a huge rally and with the NETS leading by just a single point! :P

Jason Kidd? HeHe. The NETS' Heart and Soul finished with eye-popping 8 points 10 rebounds and 15 assists (8 to start the game and set the tempo!) :evil: What will we do without you, idol? :blush:

Anyways, the Raptors were led by Chris Bosh's 22 points and TJ Ford's 21.

Way to go NETS, way to go!!! :cool:

NETS 1 - 0 RAPTORS

i think the Nets has a good chance of reaching the eastern conference finals. just like w/ the raptors, they can also match well w/ either the cavaliers or the wizards in the semis. but comes eastern conference finals, they are bound to have a hard time to defend against the big men of both the heat & the pistons. need to have a solid team defense to compensate for their big men's lack of defensive skills.

'just hope for the best.

Hello, Frankie! :headsetsmiley: Are you listening? :D

That's what we've been telling the guy all season long... :angry:

the usual practice of lawrence frank of giving jkidd a breather before the end of the 1st & 3rd quarters no matter how well the guy is playing more often than not spells disaster for the nets. he is so predictable in this kind of coaching style that it usually allows their opponents to immediately come back when the nets are leading due to kidd's plays.

It's 1-1 between the NETS and the RAPTORS...

Well, done Kidd and Co! :cool:

It's mission-accomplished in Toronto. What any lower-ranked team needs to do is win one (or more) road games and defend their home court. :) The NETS did the former and they are now facing the challenge of doing the latter.

Ok, all I can say about Game 2 is that... it's another game the NETS could've won on the road!

I'm expecting them to come out with guns blazing (esp. that of VC) in New Jersey! :evil:

Let's wait and see...

GO GO NETS!!!

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - Jason Kidd missed New Jersey Nets practice Thursday with a bruised left knee and will be a gametime decision for Friday's third game of the playoffs against the Toronto Raptors.

Kidd was hurt early in Game 2 while attempting to draw an offensive foul, but remained in the game and finished with 14 points and 11 rebounds in New Jersey's 89-83 loss.

(from FoxSports.com)

I think he'll play...

Edited by clubber_lang

KIDD posted another 3D as NETS beat the RAPTORS 102-89! :zorro:

If the the MVP balloting would only cover the games played that night... Jason Kidd would have won the award hands down! :blush: This Hall-of-Fame-bound basketeer just won't run out of surprises! Geez, I'm running out of superlatives for him! That's why I've been a Kidd fan since his Mavericks days.

Ok, ok. I know I've been hard on VC the past few weeks. But hey, Half-Man Half-Amazing (for tonight lang, LOL!) - you're not off the hook yet. I told you I'd be a believer if you can help Kidd win his first championship. HeHe!

Vince Carter was great in Game 3! He scored 37 points on 15-23 FG shooting.

Jason Kidd? :evil: He tallied: 16 pts 16 rebs 19 asts and 3 stls! :evil:

"With Jason, in terms of the knee, once he puts that uniform on, you're going to get his best effort. It's just his will.'' - Lawrence Frank after the game. I say, AMEN.

Maybe the Raptors were bugged by the biggest question of the day: Was Kidd really injured? :D

TJ Ford led Toronto with 27 points and 8 assists. Chris Bosh finished with 11 pts and 11 boards but he was limited to 3-10 FG shooting. Great D by the NETS!!!

GO GO NETS!!!

NETS 2-1 RAPTORS

On with Game 4!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Kidd is not playing same with his age, his playing like a young kidd.. :cool:

That's why he's my Champ! :thumbsupsmiley:

If the NETS don't nail the big prize this year, I hope the admins will make a good post-season move to shore up our roster (esp. the frontcourt) to give Kidd a better chance of bagging a championship. If not, I'd rather see Kidd go to another team... basta makakuha lang siya ng Championship. Hmnn... I'm sure the WOLVES, SPURS, LAKERS or the CAVS would love to have him on their team. -_-