Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

Wala bang gamot sa sakit ninyo????hehehehehe :D  :D  :D  :D

Powerful are you...but beware of the dark side...once consumed, forever it will control you.......

The force is with you...but your not a jedi yet......

Speaking of the force.... I want to buy a Jedi Scale but di ako marunong magpinta.....

Can help you with painting. Where do you want me to start?

Wala bang gamot sa sakit ninyo????hehehehehe :D  :D  :D  :D

Powerful are you...but beware of the dark side...once consumed, forever it will control you.......

The force is with you...but your not a jedi yet......

Speaking of the force.... I want to buy a Jedi Scale but di ako marunong magpinta.....

Meron Gamot Master!

Time constrained model building! You'll have to specify a time period to complete a model. Let's say 1 week to build a 1/10th scale Austin Mini - complete including painting. bwahahaha More pressure for the young apprentices!!!!

We can practice it with your Jedi Scale model. Let's say we have an MEB (Model EB) and we all work on your project. We can bring the air brushes and tools. Hope that your item is a simple one so we can at least finish half of it. BTW what Jedi model do you have in mind?

Edited by floppydrive
Meron Gamot Master!

Time constrained model building!  You'll have to specify a time period to complete a model.  Let's say 1 week to build a 1/10th scale Austin Mini - complete including painting.  bwahahaha  More pressure for the young apprentices!!!!

We can practice it with your Jedi Scale model.  Let's say we have an MEB (Model EB) and we all work on your project.  We can bring the air brushes and tools.  Hope that your item is a simple one so we can at least finish half of it.  BTW what Jedi model do you have in mind?

MEB? Sounds lika a good idea.

Can help you with painting. Where do you want me to start?

1st I have to get 1....

Meron Gamot Master!

Time constrained model building!  You'll have to specify a time period to complete a model.  Let's say 1 week to build a 1/10th scale Austin Mini - complete including painting.  bwahahaha  More pressure for the young apprentices!!!!

We can practice it with your Jedi Scale model.  Let's say we have an MEB (Model EB) and we all work on your project.  We can bring the air brushes and tools.  Hope that your item is a simple one so we can at least finish half of it.  BTW what Jedi model do you have in mind?

Mahirap yun....

Finally found then Specialty Toys & Hobbies in Binondo!

It's at Mapua cor...  drat I forgot.

Basta it's between Sta Cruz Church & Escolta. It's right before the creek bridge if you're coming from the church

Ang susungit ng mga nagtitinda run puro bobo naman....

hi to all,

This is a nice thread, lots of info for me to use. I've recently returned to this hobby after a long absence. I bought a Merkava mkIII 1/35 scale from Academy as my first project in years. I've been reading a lot about this tank and have grown to admire it for it's looks design and it's capabilities (considering it was made by the Israelis at a time when they had very little experience in designing something like this).

So far I'm still in the "planning" stage but I've noted some things about Academy's model:

-The Upper and Lower hull don't meet exactly (well I can't expect every model to be perfect).

-The Ball and Chain protection used by the Merkava at the rear of the turret are slightly out of scale and quite difficult to install.

-The Main Gun's elevation is fixed (yeah, I'm one of those guys who like to "play" after it's built!)

-The Decals look at bit too thick to apply on the sideskirts.

These matters aside, I love the model. It's something to do when I have time to spare and is a great way for me to relive stress. Currently I'm looking for a reasonably priced airspray set andmy research is still on-going.

When I'm done, I'll post some pix on this thread. :cool:

hi to all,

This is a nice thread, lots of info for me to use. I've recently returned to this hobby after a long absence. I bought a Merkava mkIII 1/35 scale from Academy as my first project in years. I've been reading a lot about this tank and have grown to admire it for it's looks design and it's capabilities (considering it was made by the Israelis at a time when they had very little experience in designing something like this).

So far I'm still in the "planning" stage but I've noted some things about Academy's model:

-The Upper and Lower hull don't meet exactly (well I can't expect every model to be perfect).

-The Ball and Chain protection used by the Merkava at the rear of the turret are slightly out of scale and quite difficult to install.

-The Main Gun's elevation is fixed (yeah, I'm one of those guys who like to "play" after it's built!)

-The Decals look at bit too thick to apply on the sideskirts.

These matters aside, I love the model. It's something to do when I have time to spare and is a great way for me to relive stress. Currently I'm looking for a reasonably priced airspray set andmy research is still on-going.

When I'm done, I'll post some pix on this thread. :cool:

You're right about the glitches in theAcademy Merkava III except the ball and chain armor, its a LOT out of scale hehehe. I really like your attitude (not expecting every model to be perfect) you're my kind of modeler! (especially "playing" with the built model - I "fly" my WWII planes in both hands and say "RATATATATAT").

Academy decals are some of the most difficult I've ever dealt with especially the older ones. I suggest that you just dip it quickly in warm water then put it in some tissue. I found that if you leave the decals to soak for long in the water the adhesive is also dissolved, so you will get a thick decal that won't stick to the plastic. Another way is to soak it in elmer's glue diluted in water. Soak it in the dilution the regular way then slide the decal off the backing paper and attach to the plastic. Clean up the surface with cotton buds dipped in water and presto the decal will stick when dry. The elmers glue will dry clear if you missed some in the cleanup.

Try to get a quality airbrush and a good compressor from the start. It will save you more in the long run than buying something cheap now and having to upgrade later. Just a suggestion bro.

what's the best to use for creating panel lines on models? would a normal sign pen do? recommended size of the tip?

For me the best is a sewing needle chucked into a pin vise. If you don't have a pin vise, you can use an exacto knife or similar knife, using the back of the knife end. That is for scribing in the panel lines.

Do you mean painting in scribed panel lines? Or do you mean raised panel lines like those in old model kits? For painting in scribed lines, just make a wash of oil paint or acrylic/watercolor paint then touch the brush into the scribed line. Capillary action will draw the wash along the scribed lines. You can use a sign pen as long as it is thin enough to color the scribed portion. For raised panel lines I simply drybrush the edges with a darker or lighter color. Of course you have to seal the paint in with a clear finish especially the water based paints.

Hey guys, did any of you guys dwell on the 1/72 plastic soldiers from ESCI? used to buy them at Goldcrest (Lil's and nova fontana was the mecca for hobbyists back then)...they came in all sorts of historical periods (medieval, napoleonic era, american revolution and civil war, world war 2, and even up to a point modern warfare)...had so many sets of those, too bad, they all ended up as "collateral damage" during my early adulthood...now im really regretting giving them away...although im glad they're still available, but i have to order them online...im also into armoured vehicles but i try to keep within the 1/72 scale so I can use them side by side with my "toy soldiers".

Hey guys, did any of you guys dwell on the 1/72 plastic soldiers from ESCI? used to buy them at Goldcrest (Lil's and nova fontana was the mecca for hobbyists back then)...they came in all sorts of historical periods (medieval, napoleonic era, american revolution and civil war, world war 2, and even up to a point modern warfare)...had so many sets of those, too bad, they all ended up as "collateral damage" during my early adulthood...now im really regretting giving them away...although im glad they're still available, but i have to order them online...im also into armoured vehicles but i try to keep within the 1/72 scale so I can use them side by side with my "toy soldiers".

Yes I remember them, Italeri I think still has 1/72 figures and I've also seen some ESCI and Historex 1/72 figures at Roel's shop in Makati Cinema Square its name is "Hobbies and Comics". Never bought any of them though coz I have trouble painting them. Faces at 1/35 is bad enough what more 1/72 at my friggin age. I tried some 1/72 armor but my wife says they look like crablets.

Yes I remember them, Italeri I think still has 1/72 figures and I've also seen some ESCI and Historex 1/72 figures at Roel's shop in Makati Cinema Square its name is "Hobbies and Comics". Never bought any of them though coz I have trouble painting them. Faces at 1/35 is bad enough what more 1/72 at my friggin age. I tried some 1/72 armor but my wife says they look like crablets.

Does the shop you're referring to at MCS still sells them? crablets? yum!