Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

Wowwww! That expensive??? Kung kay Winston yan eh di mga 18K easily yan! Fine Molds are really expensive kits so that shouldn't be a surprise kaya lang styrene plastic lang ito hindi naman resin eh. Ang daming DML 3 in 1 kits na yan ha. Pass muna ako sa Millelnium Falcon, will just get the Bandai Batmobile.

BTW nice build! Have you tried Johnson's Wipe and Shine? Its our local Future!

Oo nga, around 18K siguro kung sila magbebenta. Pero sa ganoong presyo, baka hindi na nila ipasok. Wala pa akong nakikita sa shop nila na lagpas ng 6K.

Ang Fine Molds naman ay talagang magaling gumawa ng kits. Talagang accurate. Biruin mo yung X-Wing kit nila na nilabas ay pwede mong gawing Red 1, 2, 3, 4 at 5. Magkakaiba ang details ng bawat isa pwera sa wing decals. Iba-ibang combinations ng Astromech Droid at engines. Pati yun nakuha nila. Nga pala, si Luke Skywalker ang Red 5.

If you're interested in a Falcon, try looking for the APC/ERTL version. It's slightly bigger than 1/72 scale of Fine Molds (according to Scott Hards of HLJ.com). The only very obvious difference is the engine detail. The APC/ERTL kit has a blue-white cardboard-on-clear-plastic engine, while the FIne Molds has a grill design, which is more accurate. Reason for this was the APC/ERTL version was designed ang sold for the first trilogy, up to the analog Return of the Jedi. Fine Molds based their design on the 1997 digitized A New Hope. The Mos Eisley scene where Jaba talks to Han shows the engine shut down, thus the grills. Anyway, a good scratch builder can easily retrofit the APC/ERTL kit with a similar grill, and total cost will not reach the price of FIne Molds.

Haven't tried Wipe and Shine yet. Still have some Future left, and to think I gave half of it to another builder 3 or 4 years ago.

Re Enterprise, I didn't paint that. The kit came prepainted. Notice the parting lines on the edge of the saucer? hehehe - demistifying the AHHH efect of the kit.

Guys where did u learn those paint jobs....ako kc pasmado eh........

Master Yu-Gi-Oh,

Natututo by trial and error at experimentation. hehehe. Madaming libro sa pagpinta, lalo na sa airbrush. Pero kahit ano pa sabihin sa libro, kailangan ang pag-ensayo sa pagpinta. Doon mo lang maiintindihan kung paano pindutin yung airbrush, paano igalaw, at kung anu-ano pa.

Syempre, kasama sa pagaaral ang maraming maraming PANGIT na gawang model kits. hehehe. Wag na lang natin i-post yun dito, baka masara itong thread. hehehe.

Master Yu-Gi-Oh,

Natututo by trial and error at experimentation.  hehehe.  Madaming libro sa pagpinta, lalo na sa airbrush.  Pero kahit ano pa sabihin sa libro, kailangan ang pag-ensayo sa pagpinta.  Doon mo lang maiintindihan kung paano pindutin yung airbrush, paano igalaw, at kung anu-ano pa.

Syempre, kasama sa pagaaral ang maraming maraming PANGIT na gawang model kits. hehehe.  Wag na lang natin i-post yun dito, baka masara itong thread. hehehe.

Ok....trial en error???....di ba magastos yun....lalo na kung lalabas pangit gawa mo.....

Oo nga, around 18K siguro kung sila magbebenta.  Pero sa ganoong presyo, baka hindi na nila ipasok.  Wala pa akong nakikita sa shop nila na lagpas ng 6K.

Ang Fine Molds naman ay talagang magaling gumawa ng kits.  Talagang accurate.  Biruin mo yung X-Wing kit nila na nilabas ay pwede mong gawing Red 1, 2, 3, 4 at 5.  Magkakaiba ang details ng bawat isa pwera sa wing decals.  Iba-ibang combinations ng Astromech Droid at engines.  Pati yun nakuha nila.  Nga pala, si Luke Skywalker ang Red 5.

If you're interested in a Falcon, try looking for the APC/ERTL version.  It's slightly bigger than 1/72 scale of Fine Molds (according to Scott Hards of HLJ.com).  The only very obvious difference is the engine detail.  The APC/ERTL kit has a blue-white cardboard-on-clear-plastic engine, while the FIne Molds has a grill design, which is more accurate.  Reason for this was the APC/ERTL version was designed ang sold for the first trilogy, up to the analog Return of the Jedi.  Fine Molds based their design on the 1997 digitized A New Hope.  The Mos Eisley scene where Jaba talks to Han shows the engine shut down, thus the grills.  Anyway, a good scratch builder can easily retrofit the APC/ERTL kit with a similar grill, and total cost will not reach the price of FIne Molds.

Haven't tried Wipe and Shine yet.  Still have some Future left, and to think I gave half of it to another builder 3 or 4 years ago.

Re Enterprise, I didn't paint that.  The kit came prepainted.  Notice the parting lines on the edge of the saucer?  hehehe -  demistifying the AHHH efect of the kit.

I asked someone from IPMS Philippines BAC, the Finemolds Millenium Falcon 1/72 is Php9.180.00. Still too expensive for me.

Ok....trial en error???....di ba magastos yun....lalo na kung lalabas pangit gawa mo.....

You can use the airbrush on scrap pieces of plastic first before you shoot it at the kit.

It's the similar to when you first learned to write your name on paper. At first, it won't be straight or even or within the lines, but after some time, it get's better and better. Of course, before the first penmanship test, we all practiced on scratch paper.

But it's natural to find some people who are too excited with the airbrush that they want to paint directly on a model without gaining the basic skills. I think I belong to this group. hehehe. I got my first airbrush at 13 years old, stuck the paint jar directly without diluting the paint, and started painting a space shuttle! Buti na lang 3 colors lang yun model, at black yun ilalim. Hindi halata na magaspang yun paint job kung nakasabit mula sa kisame. :D

It's the similar to when you first learned to write your name on paper.  At first, it won't be straight or even or within the lines, but after some time, it get's better and better.  Of course, before the first penmanship test, we all practiced on scratch paper. 

But it's natural to find some people who are too excited with the airbrush that they want to paint directly on a model without gaining the basic skills.  I think I belong to this group. hehehe.  I got my first airbrush at 13 years old, stuck the paint jar directly without diluting the paint, and started painting a space shuttle!  Buti na lang 3 colors lang yun model, at black yun ilalim.  Hindi halata na magaspang yun paint job kung nakasabit mula sa kisame.  :D

That's true, practice makes perfect, especially in building kits. From assembly to painting, the more kits you do, the better you will become at it.

I asked someone from IPMS Philippines BAC, the Finemolds Millenium Falcon 1/72 is Php9.180.00. Still too expensive for me.

You can say that again.................

You can use the airbrush on scrap pieces of plastic first before you shoot it at the kit.

It's the similar to when you first learned to write your name on paper.  At first, it won't be straight or even or within the lines, but after some time, it get's better and better.  Of course, before the first penmanship test, we all practiced on scratch paper. 

But it's natural to find some people who are too excited with the airbrush that they want to paint directly on a model without gaining the basic skills.  I think I belong to this group. hehehe.  I got my first airbrush at 13 years old, stuck the paint jar directly without diluting the paint, and started painting a space shuttle!  Buti na lang 3 colors lang yun model, at black yun ilalim.  Hindi halata na magaspang yun paint job kung nakasabit mula sa kisame.  :D

Ok Il try................

ano recommended best buy bang for your buck na airbrush ngayn? need to buy a new one..pls help

For me its still the Tamiya Spray Works. It comes with a decent compressor so in the long run it is cheaper than buying a separate airbrush and then getting a nice compressor or those cans of compressed air. If you do buy just an airbrush, get a decent one from Badger like the 150 dual action but OK na din yung ibang models nila except for the one that has a large paint jar attached to it parang 950 yata yung name nun. Suggest ko lang don't buy the cheap compressors na pulse type (it has a diaphragm sa taas) that cost mga 2 or 3K, erratic yung air pressure (kasi pulse nga eh) and maingay siya.

For me its still the Tamiya Spray Works. It comes with a decent compressor so in the long run it is cheaper than buying a separate airbrush and then getting a nice compressor or those cans of compressed air. If you do buy just an airbrush, get a decent one from Badger like the 150 dual action but OK na din yung ibang models nila except for the one that has a large paint jar attached to it parang 950 yata yung name nun. Suggest ko lang don't buy the cheap compressors na pulse type (it has a diaphragm sa taas)  that cost mga 2 or 3K, erratic yung air pressure (kasi pulse nga eh) and maingay siya.

May problem ang Tamiya Spray Works compressor. my compressor's gasket dried / cracked up after around 5 years & you have to replace the whole unit (e.g. disposable). I just jerry rigged my airbrush now to an ordinary compressor. Pwede kasi rubber tubing (like in the hospitals) naman kasi yung air hose.

yung mga cheap kit *500-900* ok ba yun pang trial and error ??

OK na yan.  Maganda pa nga yang ganyang price range.  May masmura pa.  Anong kits ba ang iyong hilig?  Planes, cars, armored vehicles (tanks, etc), ships, scifi?

For me the 500-900 range are not cheap kits. The old (as in 70s pa yung molds) Tamiya, Academy and Dragon kits fall into this range. If you are not into rivet and shape accuracy, these kits are fine. Like floppydrive mentioned, there are older and cheaper kits available for practice, especially the old Academy kits and those Chinese brands that Winston sells in his stores. They are cheap because they are copies/knockoffs of other kits but they are perfect for trial and error. At the 500-900 range, the kits are decent enough to display after building.

May problem ang Tamiya Spray Works compressor. my compressor's gasket dried / cracked up after around 5 years & you have to replace the whole unit (e.g. disposable). I just jerry rigged my airbrush now to an ordinary compressor. Pwede kasi rubber tubing (like in the hospitals) naman kasi yung air hose.

Hey galing ah! I never thought about using rubber tubing for the airhose. I always have a problem with Badgers, you had to use a Badger airhose with them because the connection to their airbrush is non-standard. I was looking at connection adapters to remedy this but I still don't know if it will work with the airbrush. Thanks again for the tip!

Hey galing ah! I never thought about using rubber tubing for the airhose. I always have a problem with Badgers, you had to use a Badger airhose with them because the connection to their airbrush is non-standard. I was looking at connection adapters to remedy this but I still don't know if it will work with the airbrush. Thanks again for the tip!

No brainer Doc. It's the standard air supply hose supplied when you buy the Tamiya set. It does get yellow (but still not brittle) with age.

yung mga cheap kit *500-900* ok ba yun pang trial and error ??

Depends on the model subject.

1) Aircraft - already expensive for 1/72 & 1/48 aircraft. You can buy 1/72 aircraft at around P170

2) Armor - low end price of 1/35 armor (Trumpeter, old Academy)

3) Naval - puro malilingit na 1/700 kits lang ito

4) Sci Fi - if you consider the cheapo Macross knock offs, they're expensive (they cost at around P150)

If you want to practice with no PTSD regarding your cash outlay, I suggest you get the Academy planes na 1/72 or armor na 1/72 (available na) or the P1/144 aircraft. Maliliit nga lang. I think you can get a low end armor na 1/35 for P400

i just assembled USS Arizona battleship 1:700 scale ....lintek sarap sa hirap mga pare..hehehehe.....hirap gumawa ng mga masts....

i got it mura sa isang hobby store just for 220 kasi bagong brand Minihobby Models (made in china)...details are okay...ill post picture later...

this is my first attempt sa battleships.

i just assembled USS Arizona battleship 1:700 scale ....lintek sarap sa hirap mga pare..hehehehe.....hirap gumawa ng mga masts....

i got it mura sa isang hobby store just for 220 kasi bagong brand Minihobby Models (made in china)...details are okay...ill post picture later...

this is my first attempt sa battleships.

Minihobby Models is also by Trumpeter, it seems to be their low-end brand kaya cheap lang yan. I was able to get a 1/48 Hind for less than P400 so I bought the two versions. Did I ever mention that I have about 600+ unbuillt kits? My wife thinks I'm a scale model kit collector and that I should be posting on the colletors thread.