Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

pare thanks for your good advice.

ano ba yang primier...direct application ba yan or may mix formula dyan?

Sir, the only purpose of a primer is to prepare the surface to receive paint. For example, if you are painting metal, you have to prime before painting it the proper color. The primer helps to bind the paint to the metal. Otherwise, the paint will just chip off. Look at the late WWII Japanese planes, most of them did not use primer so there is extensive paint chipping. For styrene plastic, a good primer is enamel or lacquer based paint, as it will bite into the plastic. Acrylics normally do not stick well to plastic, so if you are brush painting acrylics, a primer would really help. No mixture for primer is needed, just apply it directly to the plastic, but if you are using an airbrush, you may have to thin it to improve paintflow in the brush. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice Dr. Pepper!

Re: sandpaper - did I read it correctly - 12,000 grit sandpaper?  Haven't heard about that.  There are paint polishes that can achieve the high gloss finish your require, though.

Yessir, 12,000 grit sandpaper. You apply about 3 coats of gloss paint, then start at 1200 grit, 2000, 5000, 10000 then go to 12000. After that you can use rubbing compound then wax to bring out the shine.

Sir, the only purpose of a primer is to prepare the surface to receive paint. For example, if you are painting metal, you have to prime before painting it the proper color. The primer helps to bind the paint to the metal. Otherwise, the paint will just chip off. Look at the late WWII Japanese planes, most of them did not use primer so there is extensive paint chipping. For styrene plastic, a good primer is enamel or lacquer based paint, as it will bite into the plastic. Acrylics normally do not stick well to plastic, so if you are brush painting acrylics, a primer would really help. No mixture for primer is needed, just apply it directly to the plastic, but if you are using an airbrush, you may have to thin it to improve paintflow in the brush. Hope this helps.

Painter's Touch is lacquer, and lacquer is a hot solvent meaning it eats into the plastic. Since I also brushpaint, it really helps when I paint the model with Tamiya acrylics, better yung coverage ng paint para hindi mo balik balikan yung brush strokes mo.

Doc,

Paint's Touch? Where is this True Value? Is it at the top floor of Shangri La Plaza? I am looking for a cheap/ and easy to apply primer. I use Mr Surfacer by Gunze Sango (bottled for AB) almost the same price as the Painter's Touch. But the canned Surfacer is worth a hell lot say 350 hehehheeh.

Anyways I use a primer to make paint adhere well to my kit or even hide little sanding mistakes.

Doc,

Paint's Touch?  Where is this True Value? Is it at the top floor of Shangri La Plaza?  I am looking for a cheap/ and easy to apply primer.  I use Mr Surfacer by Gunze Sango (bottled for AB) almost the same price as the Painter's Touch.  But the canned Surfacer is worth a hell lot say 350 hehehheeh.

Anyways I use a primer to make paint adhere well to my kit or even hide little sanding mistakes.

The True Value I go to is in Glorietta Parksquare 1. It is just another upscale hardware store like Ace, DIY or Handyman. I even saw some Painter's Touch cans in National Bookstore. Yes, the bottled Mr. Surfacer makes a good primer especially if you spray it with an airbrush, but you have to thin it a bit because if you have finely engraved lines on your kit, the Mr. Surfacer may wipe it out or fill most of it up. Sorry, I'm not familiar with Shangri La EDSA.

What's the best tool (locally available, sana) for cutting and bending photo-etched metal parts?

Any tips on how to use Alclad II paints? Just got a bottle of Polished Aluminum, Duraluminum and Steel?

Sino may egg-planes (Bandai or Hasegawa) for sale?

Thanks

I have AMS (advanced modeller's syndrome) too. But mild lang, I only have mga 200+ unbuilt/unfinished kits. I used to call this second stage of model builders disease, pero marami akong complications. I buy tools, paints.

And I promised na 1/48 WWII German planes and 1/35 WWII German Armour lang ang gagawin ko. Motorcycles and trains na lang ang hindi ko ginagawa ngayon.

What's the best tool (locally available, sana) for cutting and bending photo-etched metal parts?

Any tips on how to use Alclad II paints?  Just got a bottle of Polished Aluminum, Duraluminum and Steel?

Sino may egg-planes (Bandai or Hasegawa) for sale?

Thanks

For cutting photo etch parts from the sprues, I use a doctor's scalper with a #11 blade but any curved sharp blade will do. I put the sprue on a piece of glass and tape everything down especially put tape on the part to be cut out because it could fly off once you cut the last join. For bending nothing beats the hold-n-fold but since I am poor, I use two or three modelling knives to bend each fold. It will make it easier if you can anneal the photoetch fret so it will bend easier.

For Alclad II you have to follow the directions in the bottle as to what to use for the basecoat before the Alclad, I just can't remember if it is lacquer, acrylic or enamel, all I remeber is that it has to be black.

Matagal ko na din hinahanap dito ang eggplanes.

Edited by Dr_PepPeR
I have AMS (advanced modeller's syndrome) too.  But mild lang, I only have mga 200+ unbuilt/unfinished kits.  I used to call this second stage of model builders disease, pero marami akong complications.  I buy tools, paints.

And I promised na 1/48 WWII German planes and 1/35 WWII German Armour lang ang gagawin ko.  Motorcycles and trains na lang ang hindi ko ginagawa ngayon.

The force is not quite developed with you but it is only a matter of time nyahaha

I have AMS (advanced modeller's syndrome) too.  But mild lang, I only have mga 200+ unbuilt/unfinished kits.  I used to call this second stage of model builders disease, pero marami akong complications.  I buy tools, paints.

And I promised na 1/48 WWII German planes and 1/35 WWII German Armour lang ang gagawin ko.  Motorcycles and trains na lang ang hindi ko ginagawa ngayon.

Wala bang gamot sa sakit ninyo????hehehehehe :D :D :D :D

I feel the earth move under my feet

I feel the sun tumbling down...

Powerful are you...but beware of the dark side...once consumed, forever it will control you.......

The force is not quite developed with you but it is only a matter of time nyahaha

The force is with you...but your not a jedi yet......

Speaking of the force.... I want to buy a Jedi Scale but di ako marunong magpinta.....