Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

doc pepper...all are 1/72 scale...i plan to take pics of all of em...after painting...

thanks for the encouragement!!!

floppydrive....pare thanks for the tip...i did not attach the glass canopies yet as i plan to paint the cockpit (seat steering rod etc). wish me luck!!!

doc pepper...all are 1/72 scale...i plan to take pics of all of em...after painting...

floppydrive....pare thanks for the tip...i did not attach the glass canopies yet as i plan to paint the cockpit (seat steering rod etc).  wish me luck!!!

Good luck, pare! Medyo masikip, pero kaya yan! Steady hands and 00 paint brushes + LOTS of patience should get the job done! Gamit ka lang ng maraming masking tape pang mask para hindi mapinturahan yung ibang lugar.

Nice assembly, sir!

Regarding painting, it might be easier next time to paint the model while assembling it.  For example, it would be very difficult to paint the engines inside the cowling after it's assembled.  I've had my share of lousy paint jobs before, just because I wanted to finish assembling the whole model before painting.

floppydrive....pare thanks for the tip...i did not attach the glass canopies yet as i plan to paint the cockpit (seat steering rod etc).  wish me luck!!!

Yes, please post your pix of the completed models but you may want to show them "in progress" too. I'll take a pic of my latest 1/35 armor build, about 98% complete by this weekend.

BTW I paint cockpits before I join the fuselage halves together. Much easier for me that way. Good luck!

Yes, please post your pix of the completed models but you may want to show them "in progress" too. I'll take a pic of my latest 1/35 armor build, about 98% complete by this weekend.

BTW I paint cockpits before I join the fuselage halves together. Much easier for me that way. Good luck!

well i am praying for a steady hand, dr. pepper...hehehe...parati naman ito minamasahe eh..hehehe.

I plan to purchase three battleships next: The Tirpitz, Bismark and the Yamato.

mga pare, ano ba suggest nyong scale dito.

thank!

post-79730-1147827121.gif

post-79730-1147827147.gif

well i am praying for a steady hand, dr. pepper...hehehe...parati naman ito minamasahe eh..hehehe.

I plan to purchase three battleships next:  The Tirpitz, Bismark and the Yamato.

mga pare, ano ba suggest nyong scale dito. 

thank!

Ships are usually in 1:400, 1:700 and 1:1400 scale.

I have a 1:700 scale Tamiya Battleship Yamato, to go together with a Space Cruiser Yamato and Andromeda (Bandai).

I got the Yamato at Lil's in Megamall for about 1,500 four years ago (and still in the box). Price should be around this range for the Tirpitz and Bismark.

I have a 1:700 scale Tamiya Battleship Yamato, to go together with a Space Cruiser Yamato and Andromeda (Bandai).

I got the Yamato at Lil's in Megamall for about 1,500 four years ago (and still in the box).  Price should be around this range for the Tirpitz and Bismark.

1/350 scale in ships is also becoming popular. Hopefully the German pocket battleships and the English battleships like the King George V will be issued by Trumpeter.

I guess at Harrison Plaza you buy from Natalie's shop, the name is NM something Hobbies. Natalie is the wife of Roel who manages Hobbies and Comics, another store that sells kits in Makati Cinema Square. The only shop I know in Greenhills is the toy store in Virra Mall but what they have are old ESCI kits. Why don't you try Lil's Hobbies in Parksquare (old Quad carpark) or Megamall basement? Tamiya, DML and Trumpeter kits are a bit cheaper there.

What scale is the Avro Lancaster ýou want? In 1/48, there were two versions by Tamiya, a regular Lancaster BI/III and the Dambuster version. Both are now out of production but recently Tamiya came out with the Dambuster Lanc with the motorized propellers.

In 1/72, all I remember is the Hasegawa kit.

Buhay pa yung sa Virra Mall? I thought they cliosed down nang na facelift ang GH SHopping Center. Can you email the exact location of the shop? Thanks very much! Maganda pa rin ang mga Esci

I got the Yamato at Lil's in Megamall for about 1,500 four years ago (and still in the box).  Price should be around this range for the Tirpitz and Bismark.

Naglabas na ang Trumpeter ng 1:350 HMS Hood. I like the historical significance of the ship. The Tamiya Yamato na 1:350 I think costs P3T+ na ngayon.

Buhay pa yung sa Virra Mall? I thought they cliosed down nang na facelift ang GH SHopping Center. Can you email the exact location of the shop? Thanks very much! Maganda pa rin ang mga Esci

Hey you're right, they did! But the scalemodel shop in Virra Mall is Special Toys and Hobbies owned by Winston. He has other shops like in Binondo, Festival Mall, Ali Mall so you can try there, too.