Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

what's the best to use for creating panel lines on models? would a normal sign pen do? recommended size of the tip?

I use a dental tool. It's what your dentist use & it's shaped kinda like an extended 'C'. You can get one along Recto just below the LRT Station after Carriedo coming from Baclaran (forgot the station's name). Puro dental shops ang part ng Recto na yun.

I use a dental tool. It's what your dentist use & it's shaped kinda like an extended 'C'. You can get one along Recto just below the LRT Station after Carriedo coming from Baclaran (forgot the station's name). Puro dental shops ang part ng Recto na yun.

I have the same thing! Just need to practice using it lest you end up with extra panel lines. hehehe

Regarding Special Toys and Hobbies in Sta Cruz, pwede ba tawaran yun presyo doon? Uso naman tawad sa Sta Cruz di ba? May bago silang dating na Star Wars ERTL kits - B-wing, Jedi Starfighter (Episode 3 version).

May Macross Zero sila na Hasegawa, at kaunti pa na stocks ng Macross VF-1x series.

I agree this is one of the best tools for scribing panel lines. It really scrapes the plastic out instead of pushing it sideways. I just don't want to go all the way to Recto just to get one. Would you know any other source in the Makati area?

I have the same thing!  Just need to practice using it lest you end up with extra panel lines. hehehe

Regarding Special Toys and Hobbies in Sta Cruz, pwede ba tawaran yun presyo doon?  Uso naman tawad sa Sta Cruz di ba?  May bago silang dating na Star Wars ERTL kits - B-wing, Jedi Starfighter (Episode 3 version).

May Macross Zero sila na Hasegawa, at kaunti pa na stocks ng Macross VF-1x series.

I'm quite OK using a needle chucked in a pin vise but I want to try the dental tool. My experience with Winston's salesladies is they don't have authority to lower the prices. You'll be lucky if Winston is around, he can give you discounts but not really that much. Better to wait for his mark down sales.

Doc,

You know Roel pala. I used to frequent his shop din but havent been there that frequently these last couple of years. Is he still into fishing?

Btw, Ive used both the dental scribing tool and the needle-and-chuck/XActo handle rig, and I still prefer the latter. The dental tool scribes away a lot of plastic and has a bigger diameter than the needle. The panel lines you scribe may be too big for 1/48 and 1/72 kits, not to mention 1/144. So now I use it only to mark areas I intend to cut open.

I have the same thing!  Just need to practice using it lest you end up with extra panel lines. hehehe

Regarding Special Toys and Hobbies in Sta Cruz, pwede ba tawaran yun presyo doon?  Uso naman tawad sa Sta Cruz di ba?  May bago silang dating na Star Wars ERTL kits - B-wing, Jedi Starfighter (Episode 3 version).

Kalimutan mo na....antipatiko mga tindera dun.......

Doc,

You know Roel pala. I used to frequent his shop din but havent been there that frequently these last couple of years. Is he still into fishing?

Btw, Ive used both the dental scribing tool and the needle-and-chuck/XActo handle rig, and I still prefer the latter.  The dental tool scribes away a lot of plastic and has a bigger diameter than the needle. The panel lines you scribe may be too big for 1/48 and 1/72 kits, not to mention 1/144.  So now I use it only to mark areas I intend to cut open.

Yeah, I met Roel about 8 years ago and back then we just talked about plastic. I used to catch him working on a kit or a circuit board in his MCS shop. Now I hardly see him there and when I do, he has a fishing buddy and they talk about deep sea fishing. Oh well maybe he grew up and I didn't hehehe. I was thinking of using the dental tool to resribe the panel lines on my Revell 1/32 F-14 and Mig-29 as well as some armor stuff. I heard that there is a strip of plastic that actually comes out from using the dental tool so it should be ideal for creating 1/32 panel lines. I agree that you can really make fine lines with the needle, and doing a couple of light passes is enough to make a good panel line. I still want to try out the dental tool though.

Thank you sir for that info....one more thing, does he also have the 1/72 soldiers? (plankton for the crablets) :lol:

Plankton har har! Seriously I cannot imagine how I would paint the face of a 1/72 figure. Painting it in 1/35 is so difficult its just like painting a face on a pea. Yessir, Roel has some 1/72 figures too, Italeri and Heller I think.

Edited by Dr_PepPeR
Plankton har har! Seriously I cannot imagine how I would paint the face of a 1/72 figure. Painting it in 1/35 is so difficult its just like painting a face on a pea. Yessir, Roel has some 1/72 figures too, Italeri and Heller I think.

I cant imagine it as well, but i did managed before..a decade later, maybe its gonna be a different story...but just the same, gonna give it a shot...will definitely hit MCS this weekend for some crablet and plankton shopping.

I cant imagine it as well, but i did managed before..a decade later, maybe its gonna be a different story...but just the same, gonna give it a shot...will definitely hit MCS this weekend for some crablet and plankton shopping.

Can you post what stuff he has that is interesting? Been a while since I've been there. The good thing about crablets and plankton is that they are budget friendly.

Any particular stuff you want me to look into? budget friendly definitely...paint goes a long way as well...drawback on the details though...a fair trade-off i think.

Any particular stuff you want me to look into? budget friendly definitely...paint goes a long way as well...drawback on the details though...a fair trade-off i think.

Please let me know if he has any new DML/Dragon or Academy or Trumpeter 1/35 armor. And anything new from Italeri too. Thanks!

Nakakita na ko nung collectible that u are saying. Grabe may umamabot ng 3-5 t ang type ko nga yung chinese new year barbie but around 2 t yun grabe ang mahal pala nun. If you want I can get you some at a lower price. Hope you can visit us on sunday sa rockwell tent for the 4th scifi convention. Nakaduty ako sa starwars booth from 4pm onwards..... c u der...........

Nakakita na ko nung collectible that u are saying. Grabe may umamabot ng 3-5 t ang type ko nga yung chinese new year barbie but around 2 t yun grabe ang mahal pala nun. If you want I can get you some at a lower price. Hope you can visit us on sunday sa rockwell tent for the 4th scifi convention. Nakaduty ako sa starwars booth from 4pm onwards..... c u der...........

Hey will take you up on that, yung luv ko wants to have the chinese new year Barbie too. Will try to pass by rockwell tent on Sunday, who do I look for, Yu-gi-oh? hahaha! Will probably have wifey with me so be careful with what you say hahahaha.

Edited by Dr_PepPeR
Hey will take you up on that, yung luv ko wants to have the chinese new year Barbie too. Will try to pass by rockwell tent on Sunday, who do I look for, Yu-gi-oh? hahaha! Will probably have wifey with me so be careful with what you say hahahaha.

OO nga noh.....Look for a fat jedi protecting the starwars booth around 4 pm onward or look for Jedi Knight Yao ako din yun.........c u der........

'just passed by Lil's Megamall and saw the new Academy 1/48 CH-53 Super Stallion helicopter. Just for info.

Like maybe some of you guys here, scale modelling has been one of my hobbies since the days of Shakespeare in Maranaw....ages ago. Never grew up!

Happy modelling, fellas!

'just passed by Lil's Megamall and saw the new Academy 1/48 CH-53 Super Stallion helicopter. Just for info.

Like maybe some of you guys here, scale modelling has been one of my hobbies since the days of Shakespeare in Maranaw....ages ago. Never grew up!

Happy modelling, fellas!

And you know Shakes too? My mental age never changed since those Maranaw days. My only consolation is I can drool at kits like the Academy Super Stallion at almost 3K, hope its still there at bonus time.