Build A Model Body!

I have experienced that one time... s@%t load of intensity work outs... I easily burn up and plateau in 3 weeks... then i get sick and constantly tired... thats why I end stacking a lot of proteins and take them supplement thingies.. you really cannot keep up intensity training without a certain amount of "help" and generally good eating and living habits...

but sometimes, its really addicting... i mean the feel of strength and power... but you always have to listen to your body... I don't claim to have a killer workout but on good days, I shred through the gym like a person on steroids... I pay for it with a s@%t load of pain for two days straight after, but, thats what i like...

O/T... Quantum Physics? it's something that i'm really interested about.. di ba covered nito yung theory ni Einstein and the theory of Time travel? i would spend hours dati sa library magbasa lang ng mga ganun...

i heard about his training sched... you have to give the guy credit... He really works his ass off... I think te's more addicted to working out and no the steroids... talk about a really killer workout guys....

then again it goes back to the fact that his bread and butter comes from the way he looks.... so he HAS to invest that kind of training... and so do models... eh paano tayo mga professionals or students or employees?  ako personally the ideal for me would be mapagkamalan ako model pero trabaho is a bank manager or Quantum physics teacher or sumthing... hehehehehehe...

Overtraining?

Hahahaha, a friend of mine believes that if he works out 7 times a week (resistance and cardio) he would be bigger than me. His principle is the harder you work the bigger you will get. Dapat daw laging nasstress ang muscle para lumaki.

Napailing ako kasi di nya alam ang importance ng rest. Di ko alam ang nangyari sa kanya, nagclose na ksi ang Backdoor gym.

What I understand is ung time na lumalaki ang muscle mo is during rest!!! you may work out everyday and only have one day rest but you have to do workout in each muscle group in different days.. so in effect you are resting that muscle group while targetting the other muscle group on the next work out,, just my 2 cents!! :thumbsupsmiley:

C'mon now...these guys who are models weigh 145lbs.  When I was in college and couldn't afford to eat anything other than noodles, eggs, and peanuts and weighed 150lbs but was a ripped powerlifter, I would get cornered by everyone (even girls) who would say "tell me the truth...do you take steroids?"  I was like "what the hell?!?  I can barely afford food!"

I just watched my diet and trained with heavy compound movements 3 days per week and did conditioning work as well.

Right now I have a large number of guys who train with us who are in the same or better shape than I was then back in school.  It all comes down to training.

If you are a model who needs steroids to reach 145lbs lean (to achieve a look like Mossimo), then it's time to take a critical look at your training.  The level of most of these guys can be achieved in 3-6 months.  Their "level" is not even competitive on an international scale.  Most underwear models abroad, for example, need to weigh at least 175lbs lean.

I totally agree with you on this one Eclipseguy. :thumbsupsmiley:

What I understand is ung time na lumalaki ang muscle mo is during rest!!! you may work out everyday and only have one day rest but you have to do workout in each muscle group in different days.. so in effect you are resting that muscle group while targetting the other muscle group on the next work out,, just my 2 cents!!  :thumbsupsmiley:

pero the manner of resting the particular body part also has to be clear... usually kasi rest mo yung bicep pero nag back ka naman... eh kesihoda bakit mo pa rest bicep kasi tinatamaan rin yun... You really have to read up a bit and absorb as much as you can so that well rounded yung work out mo... True, for people who want to get big or get strong, rest is an integral part in growth... bar none... but if you are serious about yer workouts, you have to map out yer program correctly.

quantum physics is cool... the base fo its theory resigns you to the fact that probability is a quantitative figure and that complete control is an illusion no matter how mathematically adept you are... I.E.

Heisenbergs uncertainty principle.... :D

I feel ive hit a plateau.

What do I do?

Someone said I should stop working out for a few days... but its so hellish goin back after a lay off of a few days.

Ive varied my workouts to no avail.

:( 

Breaking a pleateau basically entails reducing your weights or intensity of your cardio for a period of time followed by a period of amping up everything for awhile....and then backing off again.

Periodization is a very complex subject, but a good advisor/coach should be able to simpify it so that you can easily adjust to break through your plateau.

I'd advise that you do perhaps 60-70% of your normal intensity/training time and increase by 5% each week. I don't know your program so I can't get much more specific...

how do you start up a training program, i always plan to start one pero paano nga ba?

You first need to go to the gym so you can find out where you stand and what it will entail on your part to reach your goals. A good strength/fitness coach will be able to determine your strengths and weaknesses and give you a guaranteed battle plan to accomplish your goals within a few months time.

FOR ME WHEN I FEEL N MATAGAL OR HINDI AKO NAGPRO-PROGRESS , WHAT I DO IS REST FOR A WEEK.

THEN I RE-EVALUATE MY WORK-OUT ROUTINES AND TRY SOMETHING NEW.

THIS GIVES ME THE CHANCE TO TRY OR TO EXPERIMENT USING OTHERS WORKOUT ROUTINES AND METHODS.

PERO IMPORTANT THING IS WHEN YOU HIT PLATEAU IS TO REST OR SLOW DOWN.

KASI THESE ARE THE SIGNS OF OVERTRAINING

;)

guys, ok lang ba ung mwf na full body workout plus 1 hr cardio (500kcal burned) and tues/thurs "only cardio" workout?so, tue,thurs weight training rest and total rest at weekends..?and of course protein loading..?

thanks..

That would be fine but I'd suggest you keep cardio sessions to 30 mins. Protein loading is overloaded I'd prefer that you equally spread out your macronutrients

That would be fine but I'd suggest you keep cardio sessions to 30 mins. Protein loading is overloaded I'd prefer that you equally spread out your macronutrients

thanks.. :cool:

during breakfast I usually eat tuna sandwich and 1 banana.

lunch, vegetables and fish plus half rice..

sa gbi usually i dont eat na e kc pagod n mnsyado from gym. but sometimes i eat tuna melt sandwich and a lot of liquid (ice tea most of the time) but never na meal with rice. is this ok..? coz i feel I'm depriving myself from eating e..

thanks again.. :)

by the way,m id bin working out for 2 months now and I already lost weight by 11 lbs. Normal ba un..?pra kcng ang bagal ng progress e..

thanks.. :cool:

during breakfast I usually eat tuna sandwich and 1 banana.

lunch, vegetables and fish plus half rice..

sa gbi usually i dont eat na e kc pagod n mnsyado from gym. but sometimes i eat tuna melt sandwich and a lot of liquid (ice tea most of the time) but never na meal with rice. is this ok..? coz i feel I'm depriving myself from eating e..

thanks again.. :)

by the way,m id bin working out for 2 months now and I already lost weight by 11 lbs. Normal ba un..?pra kcng ang bagal ng progress e..

Rice isn't the enemy, excess calories are the enemy always remember that.

About your weight loss, That's normal.. don't expect drastic results overnight. many guys think that you can acheive a good physique in a short amount of time. Reality is, its not healthy and the best results come from consistency and hard work. Just stick to your plan.

Avoid iced tea.. it contains a lot of sugar.. it's a misconception that you're better off with iced tea than soda. You should even avoid diet soda.

It's a big NO NO to have bottomless iced tea when you dine out.

Go for water..

-cassio

Avoid iced tea.. it contains a lot of sugar..  it's a misconception that you're better off with iced tea than soda.  You should even avoid diet soda.

It's a big NO NO to have bottomless iced tea when you dine out.

Go for water..

-cassio

hehe, talaga..nkupo, ice tea freak pa nmn ako..lalo na ung nestea ice.. :cry:

thanks man.. :cool: