Build A Model Body!

i feel stupid to ask this.. pero di ko talaga alam e. so here it goes:

in a workout, when you say bench press exercise, do you mean doing it on flat, inclined and declined? so if you're doing 5 sets, it'll be 15 sets for your chest? tama ba? or there are other muscles involved kaya dapat tatlo talaga for workout?

thanks again.

When you do a bench it is flat unless specified otherwise. When you do 5 x5 that would be a cumulative total of 25 reps for the exercise. The bench press not only involves the chest, it also involves the delts tris and lats. Oh, and your abs have to act as stabilizers.

After much thought and reflection... I firmly believe that Andrean is lucky enough to have the phenotypical attributes of a kargador... hope you eat like a laborer as well... 2 tasang kanin, isang patak ng toyo at 3 patak ng mantika? sabay amoyin yung tuyo tapos lamon kanin... hehehehehe... just teasing...

In all seriousness though... i want to breakdown the program that you posted........ dude, truth is more entertaining than fiction... sorry ha... walang personalan...

some notes according tou your previous post...

Post ko lang.

My new program after my warm up program

Day 1: Bicep-Tricep-Abs

1. Db preacher---- 10-10-10-10----This gives me pump, rock hard

(unless you are pertaining to a vacuum penis pump, i don't know why the hell you had to put this comment...)

2. Barbell 21's----- 10-10-10-10----Sir Bimbo taught me this

(he should have taught you how to count instead... 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 is 21 in your gym? its usually 40 everywhere else...)

3. Db Hammer Pr--10-10-10-10

4. Tri PD Shortbar-10-10-10-10-----I would use a short bar for grip

5. Tri PD Rope------10-10-10-10----This time ropes would use for grip

(unless you plan to change the motion of your action, this is redundant... all you're doing is making yourself feel good... stick with the penis vacuum pump... more results... that has a higher probability of making you rock hard...)

6. Tri Kickback-----10-10-10-10----Rock hard pump

(whats with the rock hard pump? this exercise is suppose to lift the insertion of the tricep head closer to the deltoid giving your muscle a fuller look... rock hard pump?)

7. Cable Abs--------12-12-12-12----This gave me my abs marks

Day 2:Chest-Back-Shoulder

1. Bench Press------10-10-10-10----Olympic Bars

2. DB Flys------------10-10-10-10---cleavage

(hmmmm... dude, in my experience, the wonder bra gives me a better cleavage than this exercise... also NO MATTER HOW MUCH DUMBELL FLYES YOU DO, BUT IF YOU DON'T DO THE CORRECT HEAVY WEIGHT, YOU WILL NEVER GET BOOBS!!!)

3. Pull Over----------10-10-10-10----Wider cage. This feels good for my abs

(Pull overs are done to address and workout the serratus muscle... if your using your abs, your weight is way to high...)

4. High Pull Down----10-10-10-10---This gave me my lats

(This is yer only back workout? even in traditional weider programs, this is a no no... at least 2 to 3 workouts... why just 1? the latissimus dorsi is such a complex muscle group to have just 1 type of workout...)

5. Bent over Rev Fly-10-10-10-10---Posterior delts, rhomboids

(again, pre-exhausting the small muscle parts before accessing the biggger ones... seriously, you will NOT have sufficient gains in size and strength... really... believe me... im not even teasing anymore... You're program is designed to make you even smaller...)

6. Side Raise---------10-10-10-10---Side delts, one leg in front

(one leg in front makes you have room to cheat... sit down or lean agains a wall.. prevent cheating...)

7. Front Raise--------10-10-10-10---Front Delts

Day 3: Legs - Abs

1. Leg Curl-----------10-10-10-10---Improvised no machine

(i don't understand...)

2. Leg Press----------10-10-10-10----hams, quads

(don't like this work out... btw, you can hit these two muscle parts with decent proper squats... thats all you need...)

3. Dead Lift-----------10-10-10-10---Lower back, hams

4. Standing Calf------10-10-10-10---calfs

5. Leg Raise----------20-20-20-------abs

6. Obliques-----------25-25-25-------obliques

Routine

Warm up

Stretching

Resistance

Cardio (only in day 1 and 2)

Cool down

M-T-W-F-S

Day2 and Day3 on Sats.

I did something like this about 2 yrs ago. It took me about 50 min to finish the resistance part. But this time I have no supplements, (lack of budget :) ), also this time cardio and better stretching is incorporated. Same boring diet. Powdered milk would the substitute for the whey.

Further elaboration on the next few days.

Ser Eguus, pictures po?

Dude, after all of my comments i don't know if you still like me not that you like me in the first place... hehehehehe... in any case, kid, you have no business doing workouts like this when you hardly have the size or the physique to justify a work out like this...

Fine, its your life... but You can opt for a better one only if you open your eyes...

Edited by Equus

MY ROUTINE USUALLY IS A TRAINING SPLIT,

I KNOW YOU GUYS WOULD INSIST OF DOING A FULL-BODY.

THE REASON WHY I CHOOSE SPLIT IS BECAUSE I DONT HAVE THE TIME. I HAVE TO BALANCE MY TIME FOR MY WORK AND MY FAMILY.

MY QUESTION IS, IF IM NOT GOING TO DO THE FULL-BODY WORK OUT, HOW MANY EXERCISES AND SETS DO I NEED TO DO PER BODY PART IN A DAY'S WORK OUT TO AT LEAST SIMULATE THE HEAVY BURNS A FULL BODY WORK OUT PRODUCES.

USUALLY MY SPLIT IS BACK AND SHOULDER. I DO 5 EXERCISES FOR THE BACK AND 7 EXERCISES FOR THE SHOULDER.

THANK YOU GUYS IN ADVANCE

;)

MY ROUTINE USUALLY IS A TRAINING SPLIT,

I KNOW YOU GUYS WOULD INSIST OF DOING A FULL-BODY.

THE REASON WHY I CHOOSE SPLIT IS BECAUSE I DONT HAVE THE TIME. I HAVE TO BALANCE MY TIME FOR MY WORK AND MY FAMILY.

MY QUESTION IS, IF IM NOT GOING TO DO THE FULL-BODY WORK OUT, HOW MANY EXERCISES AND SETS DO I NEED TO DO PER BODY PART IN A DAY'S WORK OUT TO AT LEAST SIMULATE THE HEAVY BURNS A FULL BODY WORK OUT PRODUCES.

USUALLY MY SPLIT IS BACK AND SHOULDER. I DO 5 EXERCISES FOR THE BACK AND 7 EXERCISES FOR THE SHOULDER.

THANK YOU GUYS IN ADVANCE

;)

How much time can you devote to training?

Well said, Equus. I can't agree more on that. :thumbsupsmiley:

He mentioned "pump" in some of his exercise. He even describe it as "rock hard." Does the pump have anything to do with any muscular gains? :blink: As if the bigger the pump you get, the bigger your muscles will grow? :huh:

I only think of pump as a way of making many guys look and feel "huge" momentarily in a gym. Thus, you would see guys in the gym posing in the front of the mirror after swinging some heavy barbell curls :lol:

Well said, Equus. I can't agree more on that. :thumbsupsmiley:

He mentioned "pump" in some of his exercise. He even describe it as "rock hard." Does the pump have anything to do with any muscular gains? :blink: As if the bigger the pump you get, the bigger your muscles will grow? :huh:

I only think of pump as a way of making many guys look and feel "huge" momentarily in a gym. Thus, you would see guys in the gym posing in the front of the mirror after swinging some heavy barbell curls :lol:

The pump is nothing but a temporary size increase due to blood rush in the muscles.

The pump is nothing but a temporary size increase due to blood rush in the muscles.

Indeed. Many are obsessed with the pump that they even use it to gauge the intensity and/or the effectivity of their workouts. :blink:

I have a question, In many deadlifts vid I saw, they use a combination of underhand and overhand grip. Does it have any advantage over both overhand or underhand grip?

Indeed. Many are obsessed with the pump that they even use it to gauge the intensity and/or the effectivity of their workouts. :blink:

I have a question, In many deadlifts vid I saw, they use a combination of underhand and overhand grip. Does it have any advantage over both overhand or underhand grip?

The mixed grip tends to provide a better grip as compared to the double overhand or double underhand.

kelan b lumalabs ung pump? coz when i work out , i don't feel the pump but rather feel it the next day. i feel big the next day usually the whole day. pump p rn b tawag doon?

I think you're talking about DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) the pump is usually when your muscles look bigger than they really are during the workout

I think you're talking about DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) the pump is usually when your muscles look bigger than they really are during the workout

ok. i just really don't know what it is coz its not really about soreness, my muscles are just a little bit sore, and i really feel and look bigger than usual. after the day, i when i loose that feeling and my body kinda looks smaller.

this DOMS is just normal feeling for everyone working out, ryt?

ok. i just really don't know what it is coz its not really about soreness, my muscles are just a little bit sore, and i really feel and look bigger than usual. after the day, i when i loose that feeling and my body kinda looks smaller.

this DOMS is just normal feeling for everyone working out, ryt?

Some people have extreme DOMS cases while others don't have it at all the next day.

OLYM,

MGA 1 - 1 1/2 HOUR.

I NEED TO GET HOME TO MY KID KASI ASAP.

PER BODY PART AVE OF 5 EXERCISES

2 EXERCISES (3 HEAVY SETS)

3 EXERCISES (LIGHT SETS OF 20X3)

AND TWO BODY PART PER DAY

MERON NAMAN GAINS.

PERO I WAS HOPING TO SHRED FAT FASTER WITH THIS ROUTINE.

COULD YOU KINDLY MODIFY IT TO SUIT MY LIFESTYLE.

THANKS

;)

Pareng Olympus, EclipseGuy and Equus may tanong lang ako, medyo frustrated na talaga ako sa abs ko kasi, when i was just weighing 126lbs (5'4 height ko) kita pa yung definition ng abs ko in fact i had a 6pack abs then. pero nung mag gain ako ng weight (im now at 138lbs) nawala yung definition nya, and ayoko naman mag bawas ng timbang para lang magkaroon ng abs. Im taking Megamass 4000, yun talaga yung main supplement ko. Tingin ko nga eto yung culprit kung bakit lumaki yung mid section ko. I tried dieting (eating the right food) pero pumapayat naman ako. ANG GUSTO KONG MA-ACHIEVE TALAGA IS TO HAVE MY 6 PACK ABS WHILE GAINING WEIGHT, and eto talaga yung mahirap ma-achieve. do you have any tips?

All of this is very simple.

DJ25, there is no link because, as I said already, Supertraining and other books by Dr. Siff are books that must be purchased. You are welcome to review the copy that we keep at Eclipse. Just search intra-abdominal pressure on Google if you want to do some good reading. Dr. Siff is not the only physiologist/biomechanics expert to write about IAP. There are many other Russian coaches and scientists from the Soviet bloc who have wrote extensively about how important it is to safety and stability. Your rotten.com example (if even true at all since we don't see an actual picture of a power event) is less-than equivalent to the 1-2 people every year (worldwide) who die from flesh-eating bacteria after getting a paper cut or other superficial wound. A whole bunch of "worst case" scenarios had to play out for it to be a possibility. Again, we are talking about normal, healthy individuals. I can picture you at your PC with a bunch of your old PT text books spread out where you are reviewing your notes. Stop reviewing "worst case" scenarios/diagnosis and start looking at sports physiology for normal and healthy individuals. What you are saying is the equivalent to saying "nobody should ever drive cars and fly the airlines because people have died when taking those forms of transportation". When those disasters happen, there is an underlying defect which must be found. If the defect didn't exist, then there would have been no disaster. It's the same case where if someone has a physical defect that should keep them from participating in strength training, then they shouldn't defy their doctors orders and do it anyway. Simple. The sky is not falling.

Okay, if there is no link, that's fine with me. i will tell you again, what i post here is based on the articles i read on the net and i did not made this up. my argument here is simple, i posted articles that i've read, if you think it is false, post your own article and references and let the readers decide. surely, they are smart enough to understand it. let them see the other side of the coin. there is no point arguing since we both have different approach. and by the way, i don't need the PT books coz the net is already here.

Eyes popping out of heads? You have got to be kidding. We are comparing something deliberate and stupid to something that requires a skilled strength coach? I'm stunned.

yes, this is true. this guy narrated how it happened. you should watch ripley's and you might catch that episode. i'm not againts valsalva and i did not gave an advice about valsalva. i just gave an article. if you think that article is wrong, post your own article.

Please do not give advice on plyometrics if you are not a coach or an athlete. Plyometrics is dangerous even to ADVANCED athletes if they are not physically prepared for it. The problem here in the Philippines (especially lately) is that everyone reads even less than what you wrote, thinks that they are an expert and then gets hurt trying to practice these techniques. I would guess that NOT ONE person reading this board is in physical condition or has a level of preparedness condusive to learning plyo. Olympus is probably close in his conditioning and overall pound-for-pound lower body strength, but even then he still needs even more strength before I'd recommend that he start it.

again, i did not gave any advice. i just gave an article and my personal opinion. please read and understand my post. remember the common sense thing.

DJ25...I understand the point of your post. While noble, it is still misguided for the following reason: If you are unable to perform the exercises that we are recommending and in the manner that we are recommending, then you will probably NEVER have a model body. This individual can look good, relative to what is their physical potential, but some people can never look like what is considered a "model". That's life...and that's what we should assume when dealing with this thread.

If you want to start a thread called "general fitness for all", and want to discuss fitness for special populations, please do so. You'd have my blessing, and I'd support and help you do so based on my own experience with elderly trainees, and members who have conditions such as polio. There is a definite demand for this, and we also have to adjust our own programs based on their needs. Again, this thread is about a model body...not on general fitness.

i perfectly understand the thread. however, a member posted a medical concern regarding fitness. i just answered it and post an article.

shut the hell up!! everyone knows you're a broke wannabe out of shape trainer who looks like he can't even lift if his life depended on it and you keep parroting things from a book. I bet you can't even tell the difference of a squat jerk from a jerk you meet on the streets. You already said that you don't care about the advice you give and have produced ZERO ZERO ZERO results for your clients in dreamland so why the hell do you still insist on pushing your pointless arguments when you yourself can;t get yourself in shape. As they say "Don't take advice from a bald hairdresser" so just zip it boy!! OR DO i HAVE TO NUKE YOUR COMPUTER FOR YOU TO SHUT UP? IF THAT WON'T DO THE TRICK, MAYBE I SHOULD HUNT YOU DOWN AND BEAT YOUR FAMILY WITH A BLUNT SPOON AND DEADLIFT 355 WHIEL YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT ?????

haay... oly, muntik na akong malaglag sa upuan ko sa katatawa. tatagalugin ko na para maintindihan mo. ang topic natin na na raise ay valsalva and hernia. ang layo naman ng sagot mo. kung hindi ka makasunod sa topic at di mo alam ikaw na lang ang tumahimik. mas mabuti pang kausap si EG, mas may sense. akala ko okay ka, yung pala.......hahaha.

dapat magpacheck ka muna sa psycho kasi dito pa lang sa thread na ito mukhang paranoid ka na. sana wala kang sakit sa puso... :mtc:

And DJ25, you are making a conclusions that hernias are formed via repeated holding of breath with respect to athletes over long periods of time? Do have any evidence AT ALL that this is the case with respect to NORMAL and HEALTHY individuals?You have none. If you were correct, the hospitals and emergency rooms would be overrun, the dangers and warnings would be all over the internet, and Olympic weightlifting would have been banned from the Olympics over 50 years ago. Yet, "strangely" it is not! Even the Bulgarian weightlifters train 6 TIMES PER DAY doing maximal or submaximal lifts that require valsalva/IAP. Yet they "strangely" have some of the lowest rates of injury of all Olympic hopefulls, and NEVER do you hear about them dumping their intestines all over the lifting platform on a random basis.Can you see the problem with your irresponsible conclusions? You are fear-mongering based on a VERY loosely related condition...again, a condition that has NEVER been linked even REMOTELY to heavy strength training.C'mon guy...what is it going to take for you to accept this reality?

again, i'm not giving any conclusion just an article. if you think that article is incorrect. post another article to counter my article.

wrong again dj25... almoranas is not a hernia in the anus... where the hell didja get that? almoranas is hemorrhoids and if you don't know what hemmorhoids are and what is the nature of this condition then you should either quit yer profession or read up on yer books again... what you saw in rotten.com is neither hernia or hemorrhoids... its actually rectal prolapse... and that my friends is another thing ALTOGETHER... don't want to make things sound complicated but I do want to make things clear and concise...

sorry for the term, tama ka hemorrhoids yun. nagmamadali na me that time kaya anal hernia ang naalala ko. base sa post mo, mukhang expert ka sa medical field ah. please read my post again, did i mention hernia or hemorrhoid regarding sa intestine na lumabas sa anus.

if you want to argue with certain medical condition related to fitness, please post an article and i will post mine. surely the readers are smart enough to understand it. the argument will continue since we have different approach.