Build A Model Body!

There is nothing wrong with pilates, but it's more of trendy marketing than anything else. Targeted strength training is superior to pilates in every way...and can get you results in half of the time. If people like pilates, more power to them...as long as they understand that pilates isn't anything revolutionary.

Yup nothing wrong to that but everyone who has done strength training and pilates always choose strength training based on personal experience with these people

• 3 weeks later...
There is nothing wrong with pilates, but it's more of trendy marketing than anything else. Targeted strength training is superior to pilates in every way...and can get you results in half of the time. If people like pilates, more power to them...as long as they understand that pilates isn't anything revolutionary.

pilates is not new...they are what u used to call as stretching and isometrics. these things are not bad. in fact they complement well the other forms of training.

for some reason, pilates tends to be meditative. it calms you...w/c is a good thing since u lower ur cortisol levels.

actually if u really are after a model body, functionality, and overall fitness, then you combine strength training, cardio (both HIIT and long moderate cardio), and pilates.

Edited by Jourdan

shame on you EG... regarding Pilates, its a great way to work out really but its often used as a means o active rest and not as an actual work out...

I have a prima ballerina cousin who uses Pilates in the middle of the dancing season... She's says its a great way to stay in moderate shape when you don't need to be performing but still need to look fabulous... she does look fab by the way... In any case, can anyone shed light on power yoga or whatever yoga that madonna and sting uses?

shame on you EG... regarding Pilates, its a great way to work out really but its often used as a means o active rest and not as an actual work out...

I have a prima ballerina cousin who uses Pilates in the middle of the dancing season... She's says its a great way to stay in moderate shape when you don't need to be performing but still need to look fabulous... she does look fab by the way... In any case, can anyone shed light on power yoga or whatever yoga that madonna and sting uses?

Yoga is one good way to practice relaxation and flexibility

slight but there is no solid reference that states that yoga increases metabolism, heart rate, etc etc... thus leading to a ripped figure... not like in strength training... anyone's thoughts?

I mean i think yoga training has not been brought to a scientific level and is just full of generalities... not like in strength training...

slight but there is no solid reference that states that yoga increases metabolism, heart rate, etc etc... thus leading to a ripped figure... not like in strength training... anyone's thoughts?

I mean i think yoga training has not been brought to a scientific level and is just full of generalities... not like in strength training...

It does not have a lot of research. Funny thought that many "contraindicated" movements were scrapped fromthe lift when yoga became mainstream

First of all, you only reinforced my point. Most people want to do pilates to "gain"...not "maintain". They are led to believe that Pilates is some sort of panacea for fitness...and it's not. It's inferior to strength training, and in this case ballet dancing.

Second of all, be sure to let your ballerina cousin know that I'm very single :lol:

Don't know about model body but I have a way of keeping my body lean. I ran five times a week for 12 minutes with two 5 seconds hardout dash and that's during my break time at 10 am and when I get home in the afternoon I would start my workout with a boxing bag for about 30 minutes, I don't do hardcore weight training just two 10 kg dumbbells and a swiss ball (gym ball). Ang excercise program sa Gym ball ay kasama na pagbumili ka, pero like every one said individual results may vary depende na rin sa motivation mo. Here's my 42 year old bods:

Edited by Touching_drip
she's not single dude... but i will relay the interest... whatabout power yoga thingy? any thoughts bud? i have some before and after pics of myself... i likey likey... :D

Power yoga is more of a gimmick than anything else. Remember that Madonna was buff well before she got all mystical with Yoga. I remember a quote of her in the 80's where she was asked if her house was burning down and she could only rescue one object, she replied "My Lifecycle." Also keep in mind that Madonna probably takes human growth hormone (like about 1 million other 30-50 somethings in the States) and even though she only uses a skin tightening/anti-aging dose, it will cause her to add quite a bit of muscle and drop her bodyfat to make her appear more lean.

I've been doing a great deal of research on Yoga lately as I have in the past. Most honest (non-commercial) Yoga practitioners say that the best form of Yoga is the form that has been practiced for thousands of years. In other words, beware of the hype. Let's see those "after" pics bubba....(and a few of the ballerina cousin :D )

i do this as well but my pecs arent showing...hmmm :( errr and biceps too :blink: pretty frustrating sometimes. maybe its time to pick up the protein powder...

Forget about protein. No offense intended bro, but your program sucks. Follow the link in my signature and try the 5x5. I also have a basketball version in the forum if that's what you want to do. Many others have been raving about their results on this thread and the "building muscle" thread.

question lang po... what if i want to have a body like a basketball player like michael jordan, lebron james, and even ncaa's local star gabby espinas, what workout would suit me? should the program consist of light to medium resistance training supplemented with a lot of intense cardio workout? how bout the diet? my basketball player friend told me na iwas kanin daw and madami cardio... tama ba yun???

question lang po... what if i want to have a body like a basketball player like michael jordan, lebron james, and even ncaa's local star gabby espinas, what workout would suit me? should the program consist of light to medium resistance training supplemented with a lot of intense cardio workout? how bout the diet? my basketball player friend told me na iwas kanin daw and madami cardio... tama ba yun???

Read our 5x5 primer modified for jump training. This includes how to tailor your body to match a Lebron James, and it's how I train our PBA and PBL (and even colllege) players.

Read our 5x5 primer modified for jump training. This includes how to tailor your body to match a Lebron James, and it's how I train our PBA and PBL (and even colllege) players.

5x5? ah okies.... thanks...

5x5 is for strength training right? i was reading mens health kasi.. one of the programs there recommends 5x5 first lifting day, 5x20 second lifting day, 5x12 for the 3rd lifting day (MWF: strength, endurance, size).....

Edited by crazykalbo

just a question about programs. i have not change my program in a while, kasi hindi ko alam kapalit! hehehe guys can you help me formulate a new program? i can train 3xweek lang kasi. i just want to know which muscle groups can be trained together on a single workout? sabi sakin nung trainer try ko daw for e.g. legs and shoulders, chest and biceps, back and triceps...eh di i will be training large musclegroup in 3 different days not twice a week as recommended? tama ba? i also want to know the concept of day1 and day2. please help. thanks!!!

just a question about programs. i have not change my program in a while, kasi hindi ko alam kapalit! hehehe guys can you help me formulate a new program? i can train 3xweek lang kasi. i just want to know which muscle groups can be trained together on a single workout? sabi sakin nung trainer try ko daw for e.g. legs and shoulders, chest and biceps, back and triceps...eh di i will be training large musclegroup in 3 different days not twice a week as recommended? tama ba? i also want to know the concept of day1 and day2. please help. thanks!!!

drop by eclipse gym pre

coach EG and coach Nilo can make u a program that will beat all f*ck programs