Build A Model Body!

Yup, I know it's OT but I'm just sharing an analogy of what we're discussing here... Anyway if you believe that MAPUA can help you get the job for you then it's okay... as i have said before swerte mo nga MAPUA ka kasi you have lots of connections... the big bosses in semiconductor industries are MAPUA alumni, which is sometimes to my dismay would only hire MAPUA graduates... :unsure: ... biases which I humorously call, "academic nepotism"... sorry... but that is the real world out here in the industry... anyway :D ... pass your CCNA and you'll be good to go.

Hmm ser medyo OT tayo.

But according to my Dad and profs we nid the License for promotions etc. Sympre mas pipiliin ng mga company yung mga licensed na.

About sa experiences, Mapua is trying to fix that for us. They are focusing us on our specialization namely Communications, Microelectronics, Cisco at Automation. Sila na rin ang namimili ng company na papasukan namin for OJT to make sure na magamit yung specialization namin. Napunta ako sa PLDT at talagang trabaho ang pinagawa sa kin. Nung nainterview ako sinabi na kapag naipasa ko na yung CCNA ko they would absorb me.

Si sir Febus he introduced Biotronics to us. Yon yung Engrng for people who have a degree in Electronics/or anything in equivalent at Medicine/ or anything na equivalent. Sa US po yon and they would train you.

my my my... i was away for awhile and this is what you children have been up to? hmmmm... bad boys... bad... :D hehehehehehehhehehe

I loved every single letter of that read... very good input from EG (a little aggressive though and sometimes downright offensive... LUVEET!!!) but nevertheless it has been a very educatin read for me..

I dont totally believe everything that EG says but that more of my fault cause i have not found the time to investigate him and his gym for myself.. with my own eyes... i still look forward to the day that i do get to meet you guys. hehehehehehhe... you guys seems soo... animated.. :D

In any case I think that maybe we can consider that one of the reasons that we have s@%t trainers is maybe because we also have s@%t clients... :D There are a lot of people out there who are looking for the quick fix and even more people who are willing to sell it to them... :D

my my my... i was away for awhile and this is what you children have been up to? hmmmm... bad boys... bad... :D hehehehehehehhehehe

I loved every single letter of that read... very good input from EG (a little aggressive though and sometimes downright offensive... LUVEET!!!) but nevertheless it has been a very educatin read for me..

I dont totally believe everything that EG says but that more of my fault cause i have not found the time to investigate him and his gym for myself.. with my own eyes... i still look forward to the day that i do get to meet you guys. hehehehehehhe... you guys seems soo... animated.. :D

In any case I think that maybe we can consider that one of the reasons that we have s@%t trainers is maybe because we also have s@%t clients... :D There are a lot of people out there who are looking for the quick fix and even more people who are willing to sell it to them... :D

Olympus was skeptical himself of me at first since he was first exposed to me online as well...but as you can see he is now one of my Generals in our war against the status-quo. It's good to be skeptical. Skepticism is what is so severly lacking by most people in this industry. Too bad more people (especially on this thread) are not skeptical of big-business fitness like ACE and Nautilus. Sometimes letting go of their misconceptions and starting over are the hardest thing for someone to do.

That said, to quote a Borg quote from Star Trek, "Resistance.... (to the Eclipse system) is futile." :D

dang EG... i know its far off but your confidence in the subject matter is just begging for someone to shoot you down... wish i can, but you are still convincing... a bit... :D so will have to pss that up for now... In any case, Again id like to re-iterate, for all you other readers out there... don't take our word for it.. seriously.. get off your asses and see for yourself who's right or wrong... For all we know the whole lot of us are just fat pompus asses who are good with word play and even better at sarcastic snide remarks.. Try it out for yourselves and see which system is better for you... my word of advice is to always listen to your body... it knows best... thing is you need to know what to listen for..

dang EG... i know its far off but your confidence in the subject matter is just begging for someone to shoot you down... wish i can, but you are still convincing... a bit... :D so will have to pss that up for now... In any case, Again id like to re-iterate, for all you other readers out there... don't take our word for it.. seriously.. get off your asses and see for yourself who's right or wrong... For all we know the whole lot of us are just fat pompus asses who are good with word play and even better at sarcastic snide remarks.. Try it out for yourselves and see which system is better for you... my word of advice is to always listen to your body... it knows best... thing is you need to know what to listen for..

I'd love the challenge...and we both can only be made better by constructive and intelligent debate. Fire away ^_^

Well I hope you are not referring to Olympus or myself since we've never failed to produce results for anyone who deals with us personally and consistantly for at least 4-5 weeks. We even give refunds if anyone fails....and we've never had to do so. Don't dig up the whole misunderstanding about the symantics/terminology of a "genetic anomoly" (not abnormality.

You of all people are the last people to be talking about accepting programs that work or may not work, since you've already admitted that you've never produced results for anyone...especially significant results...so I don't appreciate your snide (weak) attempt at sarcasm. The problem is that people try to take our advice from what they read from on the boards instead of getting off their butts and visiting us in person and sticking with our training IN PERSON. If they can't produce the same results, it's because EXPERIENCE (in person so we can critique mistakes) is what makes us veteran coaches. This is the point. If someone fails, it's often because they don't know how to interpret what they read into a tailor-fit program for their individual strengths and weaknesses. Theory is just theory. Practice is something completely different from theory.

Well, well, this is really a good debate and i'm really impressed in everything that i've read here. theories, theories, principles, and more principles etc..etc.. do you mean to say you disregard these theories and principles? how come one of the program in your gym is TABATA and HIIT methods as olympus has said? don't you know that these are also theories and principles? i know that experience plays a major role in fitness but you still base your programs to these theories and principles. Anomaly - according to webster something anomalous : something different, abnormal, peculiar, or not easily classified. anomaly and abnormality are just synonymous. i admitted that i've never produce result because i don't train them personally. i only give them advice and i don't even work in a gym. i'm just a regular gym goer and i think this is just logic. what you post here are also based on theories and principles. so i guess it's not right to tell us that theories are theories since you also practice this theories. unless, you created them out of nowhere or you should simply write a book about it "ECLIPSE PRINCIPLES" :goatee: :goatee:

Now you need to eliminate how many steroid users are in that group of individuals. According to a few of their former members who are now with us, that gym is juiced to the gills. A licensed nurse or PT education has NOTHING to do with the FITNESS INDUSTRY! Many individuals from those gyms applied with me and I rejected them or told them they could only freelance since they didn't know how to train on our level. Ask Olympus...he's one of the few freelancers who has the education and experience to make the cut. Now do you understand why he and I agree? Because he is on my level. Why do you think MetroHim, Men's Health, MetroActive, and now Maxim come to either myself, Coach Carlo, or Olympus for fitness consulting, and not all of those people that you listed above with their useless "credentials"? Could it be because we are DIFFERENT FROM THEM? What is wrong with you?!? Again, kid, think critically. Just because a bunch of sheep jump off a bridge, does that mean you'll jump too? Be a good little sheep now...be sure to produce enough wool for your master....Baaaa baaa baaa....

you really have a grudge in the medical profession. i don't blame you, you have a bad experience afterall. being a PT, i don't say that we are superior in terms of fitness if you don't have any experience at all. however, we have an edge to some trainers since we know anatomy, physiology, kinesiology and etc. again you would tell me that these are all theories and experience still is vital. i know that, but still we have basis for our actions. when you say body building, you should know the muscles in you body, their actions, and how they respond to external stimuli. i guess, if we debate this personally, i might have an edge over you. however, this is just speculation and don't take this as i'm questioning your brain capacity. however, do not judge us also since some trainers mentioned by adrean have been in this industry for some years and it's really rude to say that they are not qualified.

Why, oh WHY do people think that PT or Nursing students have an education that has ANYTHING to do with FITNESS or a related field? C'mon eveyone (who believes this "only in the Philippines" concept), wake up! Most of these people can't get a good job in HEALTH CARE, so somewhere, somehow, some doofus decided that these individuals were good to hire in a fitness environment. Again, their education has NOTHING to do with FITNESS and a GYMNASIUM ENVIRONMENT. PT's and Nurses belong in a HOSPITAL or REHAB CLINIC with SICK PEOPLE or SPECIAL POPULATIONS. Why is such a simple concept so hard to accept or understand? Is this lack of understanding reflect the state of our local education system? I know classrooms are overcrowded and underfunded, but...sheesh...it's getting rediculous...

well, i already answered your debatable question here. fitness as merriam webster define as a qualifty of being fit. this is different from an athlete. you might have produced athlete in your gym but not all gym goers wants to be an athlete some theme likes to be physically fit. and as you said, some of your members were formerly enrolled to other gyms, that means you only enhance them so don't give the full credit to you since they already have some improvements before they went to your gym.

Well, well, this is really a good debate and i'm really impressed in everything that i've read here. theories, theories, principles, and more principles etc..etc.. do you mean to say you disregard these theories and principles? how come one of the program in your gym is TABATA and HIIT methods as olympus has said? don't you know that these are also theories and principles? i know that experience plays a major role in fitness but you still base your programs to these theories and principles. Anomaly - according to webster something anomalous : something different, abnormal, peculiar, or not easily classified. anomaly and abnormality are just synonymous. i admitted that i've never produce result because i don't train them personally. i only give them advice and i don't even work in a gym. i'm just a regular gym goer and i think this is just logic. what you post here are also based on theories and principles. so i guess it's not right to tell us that theories are theories since you also practice this theories. unless, you created them out of nowhere or you should simply write a book about it "ECLIPSE PRINCIPLES" :goatee: :goatee:

you really have a grudge in the medical profession. i don't blame you, you have a bad experience afterall. being a PT, i don't say that we are superior in terms of fitness if you don't have any experience at all. however, we have an edge to some trainers since we know anatomy, physiology, kinesiology and etc. again you would tell me that these are all theories and experience still is vital. i know that, but still we have basis for our actions. when you say body building, you should know the muscles in you body, their actions, and how they respond to external stimuli. i guess, if we debate this personally, i might have an edge over you. however, this is just speculation and don't take this as i'm questioning your brain capacity. however, do not judge us also since some trainers mentioned by adrean have been in this industry for some years and it's really rude to say that they are not qualified.

well, i already answered your debatable question here. fitness as merriam webster define as a qualifty of being fit. this is different from an athlete. you might have produced athlete in your gym but not all gym goers wants to be an athlete some theme likes to be physically fit. and as you said, some of your members were formerly enrolled to other gyms, that means you only enhance them so don't give the full credit to you since they already have some improvements before they went to your gym.

Uh...again, people come to me (us) when nothing has worked for them before. Tabata and HIIT are only a few of many principles we follow. They are components of a much larger SYSTEM of training. I disregard the theories and principles that don't work for 99% of the population or are bastardized in a way that they are not recognizable when the AFPP spawned trainers puts them into practice. I was a biochemistry researcher, I took many, if not all of those courses, so lets not count beans as to who knows more about textbook topics and prowess of terminology. The point is that just because you can identify a muscle or know how it moves doesn't mean that you know the theory behind athletic training and can APPLY it to the real world...especially if you don't have experience with people of all levels.

I'm going to make something completely clear. I spanked one of the AFPP chairman on this point in the past in a debate on another forum: Most people DO NOT KNOW what they want to achieve when they go to the gym. Once they've achieved something significant, they want more, and more...AND MORE. Those who say that most people want to be generally fit are only making a pass for themselves when they can't produce results. If you cannot train at a high level, regardless of what the perception of "want" is, you should not be a trainer or coach. It is your job to want bigger and better things from your clients. If you shoot for the moon, hitting the statusphere isn't too bad. The problem, again, is that most trainers settle for "generally fit" while most people, especially Filipinos, are too modest to admit that they want to have a body like Brad Pitt or Jennifer Garner without steroids. Who in the world (general population) wouldn't want to look like those two? I've never met anyone without that secret desire other than hardcore bodybuilders.

Besides, getting someone past a plateau is the hardest part of being a coach. That is my specialty, and that's where I prefer to take my credit. Let the hacks train someone while they are new where it requires no knowledge or experience. Chopping wood or throwing rocks around your back yard will get them results. If that's where you shine, then more power to you. Just don't continue to teach people in the wrong way, where I have to pull my hair out having to make them unlearn all of the lies that are perpetuated by basically everyone in this industry (especially locally) with only a few exceptions.

As for writing a book...in due time, since we already have a couple of publishers who've asked me about that. I'm up to my ears writing for 4 local magazines and answering all of the questions online.

OT - Yup but you MAPUAns are one step ahead of the rest but I have to admit magagaling ang mga MAPUA sa technical.. roommate ko dati na katrabaho ko sa Texas Instruments taga-MAPUA.. idol. ang galing sa theories and concepts ng electrical circuitries, etc... pero anyway, mabuhay ang lahat ng ECE... ny name and by heart.

Ngek swerte? Mybe. pero madami pa rin ka kumpetensya kuya.

Kahit anong tulong ng Mapua, nasa amin pa ron yon.....

Gudluck na lang sa lahat ng ECE...

Damn true, I'm often asked when I enrol in some gym what goals do I want to achieve... I would just say that yeah, I just want to lose weight and reach my ideal weight no more no less... but secretly inside, my heart screams I wanna be like that guy on the cover of Men's Health... :D I admit that right now, what I look like now is way too far than I imagine what I want to really look like... and I'll do whatever it takes in a healthy way to achieve it... I'm going insane thinking about it, and even in my dreams it haunts me. (It's true) I even consulted a shrink cause I think I'm going crazy :boo: just joking.

The problem, again, is that most trainers settle for "generally fit" while most people, especially Filipinos, are too modest to admit that they want to have a body like Brad Pitt or Jennifer Garner without steroids. Who in the world (general population) wouldn't want to look like those two? I've never met anyone without that secret desire other than hardcore bodybuilders.

pwede ba ung mga nag-dedebate dito mag meet nlng sa isang place para dun ituloy ang mga argumento?

dpat share tyo ng opinion na makakatulong para sa lahat hinde bangayan di ba?

malilito kming mga baguhan sa inyo...

ung OT ba off topic? ksi ung OT dito parang over tym e, over tym na batuhan ng putik sa pwet...

PEACE!

:huh:

Off Topic po....

pwede ba ung mga nag-dedebate dito mag meet nlng sa isang place para dun ituloy ang mga argumento?

dpat share tyo ng opinion na makakatulong para sa lahat hinde bangayan di ba?

malilito kming mga baguhan sa inyo...

ung OT ba off topic? ksi ung OT dito parang over tym e, over tym na batuhan ng putik sa pwet...

PEACE!

:huh:

Again, let me reiterate that at the end of the day, ITS THE RESULTS THAT MATTER AS RESULTS DON'T LIE!! Team Eclipse has produced a men's health challenge winner, a bench press class winner, a gold and silver medlist, along with a best lifter at the LVM powerlifting championships, two URCC champs go to us for training, a couple of amateur and pro basketball players also go to us for training... All of these we have achieved, along with at least 40 guys deadlifting 315 raw and natural with less than a year of training under our system.... Just goes to show, WE WALK THE WALK!! We can go all days about theories and prinicples but at the end of the day ITS THE RESULTS THAT MATTER!! Even if you are a CSCS, Certified as a trainer by ACE, Nutilus, AFPP, Uncle Joe's fitness or, Aunt Jemimas strength club and whatever organization there may be, if you can't produce the results wanted by your clients, or even push them to greater heights, you are no better than the guy in the squat rack doig curls and giving advice to fellow gym mates!

Besides, I have yet to meet a person who just wants an aesthetic body. Anyone will ask you will say they just wanna be fit, loe or gain weight, but in reality, most gym goers have deeper motivations and reasons for wanting such. Some may be to improve their athleti game, others to looks as good as the cover model of a amagazine they saw. A good coach will always know how to bring out the best in their clients and make these clients realize they had so much more in them

I have nothing against nurses and PTs, but I do believe their specialization lies in the special population where they have to make people get well. The job of strength coaches is to get a person into great physical condition be it generally or specifically.

My best analogy is this.... A car is being repaired.. the bodyork guys do what they have to do with the body of the car, the paint guys do nothing but the paint

If a team of repairmen know thier limits, yet do it to the best of their capabilities. I think the fitness industry should do th same. Leave the strength and conditioning to the strength coaches, and leave the rehab to the therapists.

In the end, everybody happy :cool:

pre, naiyak ako dun pero TAMA ka! :cool:

aw, shut up... :P nyway... pag igihan mo na lang training mo... at wag iinom

opo sir! :D inuman nlng tyo.....ng protein shake! :lol:

Damn true, I'm often asked when I enrol in some gym what goals do I want to achieve... I would just say that yeah, I just want to lose weight and reach my ideal weight no more no less... but secretly inside, my heart screams I wanna be like that guy on the cover of Men's Health... :D I admit that right now, what I look like now is way too far than I imagine what I want to really look like... and I'll do whatever it takes in a healthy way to achieve it... I'm going insane thinking about it, and even in my dreams it haunts me. (It's true) I even consulted a shrink cause I think I'm going crazy :boo: just joking.

oops! ako talaga sinasabi ko na upfront gusto ko lumaki

ewan ko b jan kay JF kung bkit nagpapakipot pa with "I just want to lose weight and reach my ideal weight no more no less" effect... :lol:

aminin mo na gusto mong maging brod pete....

ALIEN! :P

that's my point, you do not say that theories are nothing and result is still the best.

coz you admit that you are still practicing the theories and principles in your gym.

the debate that we have here is what principle or theory is applicable to certain person.

maybe, I still apply the old form of fitness program for myself but criticizing it is really a foul play,

since the old program still works for me and i also based it to theories and principles.

this also happens to you when i criticized the program that you want to advertise. you were very furious about it.

instead of criticizing it, you should convince the people here by giving a sample program. i've asked in this thread regarding HIIT and TABATA. olympus only replied 60 or 70 percent of the body weight is the start of the poundage. i mean, that's it, how do you progress this? i did not have a concrete answer. like what you said, you should give it in a more detailed fashion.

i'm not bragging coz i'm a PT. i'm just using this to my advantage because when you say fitness it refers to the muscles, how it moves, how can you improve it, etc..etc.... however, i'm just generalizing it, i know that there are still subcategory when it comes to fitness.

that's why some people get irritated with your post. this thread is not your thread, this thread is for all the gym goers out there who wants to share their experiences in going to the gym. unless the title of the thread is ECLIPSE BUILD A MODEL BODY, then we have no reason to post something here.

that's my point, you do not say that theories are nothing and result is still the best.

coz you admit that you are still practicing the theories and principles in your gym.

the debate that we have here is what principle or theory is applicable to certain person.

maybe, I still apply the old form of fitness program for myself but criticizing it is really a foul play,

since the old program still works for me and i also based it to theories and principles.

this also happens to you when i criticized the program that you want to advertise. you were very furious about it.

instead of criticizing it, you should convince the people here by giving a sample program. i've asked in this thread regarding HIIT and TABATA. olympus only replied 60 or 70 percent of the body weight is the start of the poundage. i mean, that's it, how do you progress this? i did not have a concrete answer. like what you said, you should give it in a more detailed fashion.

i'm not bragging coz i'm a PT. i'm just using this to my advantage because when you say fitness it refers to the muscles, how it moves, how can you improve it, etc..etc.... however, i'm just generalizing it, i know that there are still subcategory when it comes to fitness.

that's why some people get irritated with your post. this thread is not your thread, this thread is for all the gym goers out there who wants to share their experiences in going to the gym. unless the title of the thread is ECLIPSE BUILD A MODEL BODY, then we have no reason to post something here.

I was talking about HIT when you asked how yor progress it. If you are asking about HIIT, you slightly increase the intensity after 2-3 successive sessions. that's my personal preference. EG has his own.

Again, I respect you in your field, but in the field of fitness, please don't try to say you are superior to me, or EG since this is our field. If it is rehab and the like, we leave that to you. That's the only point I see that we don't see eye to eye. Even doctors get the point that the surgeon should not do the job of the anesthesiologist.

E inamin ko naman e... not brod pete... :blush: haay, ewan andami ko pa concerns, etong medical ko sa company na to di pa nareresolve... hope everything goes well...

ewan ko b jan kay JF kung bkit nagpapakipot pa with "I just want to lose weight and reach my ideal weight no more no less" effect... :lol:

aminin mo na gusto mong maging brod pete....

ALIEN! :P

I was talking about HIT when you asked how yor progress it. If you are asking about HIIT, you slightly increase the intensity after 2-3 successive sessions. that's my personal preference. EG has his own.

Again, I respect you in your field, but in the field of fitness, please don't try to say you are superior to me, or EG since this is our field. If it is rehab and the like, we leave that to you. That's the only point I see that we don't see eye to eye. Even doctors get the point that the surgeon should not do the job of the anesthesiologist.

oh common, your the one who's not accepting and respecting what people write here. i did not mention anything being superior to you guys, i think your the one mentioning it that your the superior ones. i'm just here to share my experiences as well as the other guys. if you backtrack my post i was asking HIIT and not HIT. how come you and EG have different preference when it comes in training? i thought that you are in the same level and in the same boat? now your telling us that you practice different principle and approach. i thought the dog should obey his master since the master knows it all.

i'm not mocking you guys. i'm just shedding light to you that this thread is for all of us whether with or without experience, and not exclusive for the two of you.

now with regards to the HIIT, is that the only thing you can share with us. can you give us form of exercises, repetitions, and how many sets. again, i'm not mocking, this is an honest question since this is not my field.

Quoted from: http://alwyncosgrove.com/Energy-System-Training.html

Interval training

So is there a better way of performing cardio workouts to prevent these adaptations, and rapidly improve fat loss results? Yes. The key is to perform what is known as interval training.

Interval training simply refers to a series of intense activity separated with short rest periods. Through using interval training you are able to exercise at a higher intensity without getting tired. In other words – because we alternate the periods of high intensity work, with periods of lower intensity work – you are able to do much more work in the same time period than you were before.

The beauty of this is as you improve, the work intervals can get harder and harder, and the recovery intervals can be shortened, or performed at a higher speed. In fact, there is no end in site, and no downside to interval training (other than it is really hard).

Oh, yeah it's really hard but I love it... I always look forward to it everytime I go to the gym... I agree that it doesn't make you tired though you might be almost short of breath... nice link, Olympus. Tnx