Build A Model Body!

I have mine in Total Woman magazine...complete with dated before and after :D

We'll have about 30 LaSalle before and afters on the Eclipse website within the next few weeks....and at least 4 have modeling offers or have recently signed with an agency.  Josh, Gaston, Ja (well...an indecent proposal from one of my neighbors  :lol: ), Alfred, A.R., and Max.

The rest of the guys just transformed themselves to beyond what they expected....all with a combination of strength and HIIT/Tabata conditioning.  None of these guys had abs before...now they all have 6 packs worthy of Bruce Lee...as A.R. has been dubbed  B)

Exactly. and then we have Ja, who looks like a wide reciever and Alex who would pass of as Batista's little brother.

well, if i were to do an hour cardio a week, id probably do it because i want to know if i can or not... The idea of being able to run long distances at any time whenever you feel like it is a good feeling...

I'm sure you can. If you do HIIT at least twice a week for 15-20 minutes and can jog/sprint for the intervals, you can smoke most local 5K athletes...and possibly 10K.

Swerte mo, MAPUA grad ka nga... pero anyway, may CCNA training ba ang PLDT? and is it for free? It's good kung ganun.. malayo ang mararating mo pag CCNA ka. But the training is very very expensive..if u want a free training, yung dating call center ko which is Link2Support offers CCNA training and MSCE certification... just do your best as a level 1 agent at aangat ka...

Sir nag aaply ako ng OJT sa Pldt, sabi ng Senior Manager (Mapua Grad sya swerte ko) pag naging CCNA ako baka daw absorb nila ako. Wat u think???

Smart? Globe? Talgang mahirap, sa Smart you have to pass the test wit an 80% mark. Else you would be fired

I'm not a beginner... and previously I have been faithfully following my instructors to do 45-minute cardio vascular exercise and lift weights afterwards, clean my diet... and i have been getting slower results... i'm not saying you're wrong but i'm just saying this because I'm speaking in my own experience. I don't like the idea of doing cardio too long but i would rather find another option which would require me lesser time doing cardio, when sir Olympus introduced HIIT, i decided to give it a try and it works for me and the good thing is it only requires me lesser time which is what I want.. my knees or ankles didn't hurt, just the whole leg feels like something weird is inside so i gave it a rest.

but what you're telling us here is a new idea? I mean HIIT is for advanced gym rats only? then i'm like following some concept that i don't understand? i'm just an ordinary person who just wants to shed some weight and want to look good. and now i'm somewhat confused again.

if u'r a beginner, then i tend to disagree with the use of HIIT. u properly don't know how to jog properly. hitting the treadmill for HIIT will surely hurt s@%t. m guessing which wil give away first, the ankles or the knees?

HIIT is for advanced gym rats. y? bec. it puts too much stress on ur muscles, tendons, and ligaments...all of which need to get strengthened first.

and how do u strengthen them? follow ur instructor. do moderate cardio for 45 mins...just as what doctors would recommend. yes, u'll get nil to very little visible gains for some time. but it's not just abt what u see, it's abt what you don't see at all.

long exposure to moderate stress will strengthen ur core and legs. thereafter, if u don't feel pain in the knees and ankles at all when u'r jogging on a treadmill for 45 mins, or u'r not catching ur breath, then maybe it's time to move on to HIIT.

now, if u want visible gains while doing long moderate cardio, then lift weights AND cut on the calories. i bet u'll see results in as little as 4 weeks. this is even without HIIT.

I'm not a beginner... and previously I have been faithfully following my instructors to do 45-minute cardio vascular exercise and lift weights afterwards, clean my diet... and i have been getting slower results... i'm not saying you're wrong but i'm just saying this because I'm speaking in my own experience. I don't like the idea of doing cardio too long but i would rather find another option which would require me lesser time doing cardio, when sir Olympus introduced HIIT, i decided to give it a try and it works for me and the good thing is it only requires me lesser time which is what I want.. my knees or ankles didn't hurt, just the whole leg feels like something weird is inside so i gave it a rest.

but what you're telling us here is a new idea? I mean HIIT is for advanced gym rats only? then i'm like following some concept that i don't understand? i'm just an ordinary person who just wants to shed some weight and want to look good. and now i'm somewhat confused again.

Why should you be confused? You have talked to me personally and Eclipsguy... you've seen the before and after pictures of our clients... Most people are still thinking that HIIT is advanced when as I mentioned earlier, you culd scale it down to a level suitabe for even out of shape newbies

Why should you be confused? You have talked to me personally and Eclipsguy... you've seen the before and after pictures of our clients... Most people are still thinking that HIIT is advanced when as I mentioned earlier, you culd scale it down to a level suitabe for even out of shape newbies

Hi,

could you and/or Olympus send me some pics of your clients? What is talaba and HIIT?

Id definitely like to train under you guys soon.

Hi,

could you and/or Olympus send me some pics of your clients?  What is talaba and HIIT? 

read back sa I posted an HIIT FAQ and the link to the Tabata method. Our top female coach was the winner of men's health challenge last year and one of our other clients was in total woman magazine (forgot what month and issue)

since you guys endorse the HIIT method, i just want to ask how this program works. i've been reading a lot of articles for this method but somehow, i'm stiff confused. according to some articles, the main exercise for this are deadlifts and squats, correct me if i'm wrong.

1. how do you calculate the initial poundage for this method or there is a certain percentage of the body weight to start with?

2. how do you progress this, daily, weekly, or monthly?

3. how do certain muscles in some areas, like biceps or triceps, hypertrophy if the main exercise are deadlifts and squats?

4. how can this enhance your endurance capacity since it only recruits the fast twitch muscle fibers and not the the slow twitch muscle fibers?

since you guys endorse the HIIT method, i just want to ask how this program works.  i've been reading a lot of articles for this method but somehow, i'm stiff confused.  according to some articles, the main exercise for this are deadlifts and squats, correct me if i'm wrong.

1.  how do you calculate the initial poundage for this method or there is a certain percentage of the body weight to start with?

2.  how do you progress this, daily, weekly, or monthly?

3.  how do certain muscles in some areas, like biceps or triceps, hypertrophy if the main exercise are deadlifts and squats?

4.  how can this enhance your endurance capacity since it only recruits the fast twitch muscle fibers and not the the slow twitch muscle fibers?

HIIT (high intensity interval training) is different from HIT (high intensity training) do a google search on HIIT and not HIT sine one letter can already mean two different training methods

since you guys endorse the HIIT method, i just want to ask how this program works.  i've been reading a lot of articles for this method but somehow, i'm stiff confused.  according to some articles, the main exercise for this are deadlifts and squats, correct me if i'm wrong.

1.  how do you calculate the initial poundage for this method or there is a certain percentage of the body weight to start with?

2.  how do you progress this, daily, weekly, or monthly?

3.  how do certain muscles in some areas, like biceps or triceps, hypertrophy if the main exercise are deadlifts and squats?

4.  how can this enhance your endurance capacity since it only recruits the fast twitch muscle fibers and not the the slow twitch muscle fibers?

1. Most HIT practitioners advocate you start with 75% with your 1rm or 8-12 reps.

2. It varies on your training frequency

3. You know well that any exercise that involves elbow extension works the tris and elbow flexion works the bis to a certain degree. bench presses, dips and military presses work the tris, rows and chins work the bis. Squats and deads are the core but you also include upperbody exercises

4. It recruits both muscle fibers depending on your rep scheme

Hi,

could you and/or Olympus send me some pics of your clients?  What is talaba and HIIT? 

One of my trainees appears in the latest issue of MetroHim magazine. The title is "Military Press, King of the Upper Body Exercises". Erin was featured in the weight loss transformation of Total Woman magazine in March/April edition. Coach Elaine had a 3 page spread in Men's Health, January edition. All magazines were this year. If you go to either Eclipse 24/7 or Express, everyone working there (except locker room staff) is trained by myself and Olympus. Everyone obviously looks very much like they work out.

Need Help.

I used to be thin. I only weighed 49kg not until I started taking vitamins last November 2005. By April 2006, I weighed 65kg (appropriate for my 5'6" body). But I had collected lots (but still manageble) amount of fats especially around my tummy.

So I started going to gym every saturday since June. 15 mins on stationary bike and series of weight lifting. It usually takes me 2 hours to finish my program. I started to see some muscles forming on my chest and arms. My tummy starts to get small. Overall, I am satisfied with it except that when I weighed in last saturday... its 67kg (2kg more).

This bothers me. Why do I gain more weight? By the way, I still am on my usual appetite. I eat 2 cups rice plus "ulam" of any kind - thats for lunch and dinner; "coffee na lang, dear!" ang breakfast ko. Do I have to lessen amount of food I take? Some of my friends (none of them are professional trainors) told me that I dont need to, because I would burn them after my exercise. Are they right about that?

Anyone one who might be of help, pls advise --- thanks!

Need Help.

I used to be thin.  I only weighed 49kg not until I started taking vitamins last November 2005.  By April 2006, I weighed 65kg (appropriate for my 5'6" body).  But I had collected lots (but still manageble) amount of fats especially around my tummy.

So I started going to gym every saturday since June.  15 mins on stationary bike and series of weight lifting.  It usually takes me 2 hours to finish my program.  I started to see some muscles forming on my chest and arms.  My tummy starts to get small.  Overall, I am satisfied with it except that when I weighed in last saturday... its 67kg (2kg more).

This bothers me.  Why do I gain more weight?  By the way, I still am on my usual appetite.  I eat 2 cups rice plus "ulam" of any kind - thats for lunch and dinner; "coffee na lang, dear!" ang breakfast ko.  Do I have to lessen amount of food I take?  Some of my friends (none of them are professional trainors) told me that I dont need to, because I would burn them after my exercise.  Are they right about that?

Anyone one who might be of help, pls advise --- thanks!

You skip breakfast right? That's why. Skipping meals slows your metabolism down.

Yes, I skip breakfast.  Its not my choice.. I just had to so I could get to office on time.

Thanks for the info, maybe I'll have even a light breakfast.

Btw, do I have to reduce amout of rice I eat every meal?

Or do I have to hit the gym more often?

Thanks again.

aS LONG AS YOU ARE EATING BREAKFAST YOU'RE ON THE RIGHT TRACK. No need to eat less rice or hit the gym more. Do you workout? what's your routine like?

Yup, no longer confused. After I logged out yesterday, i thought about it and yeah, i've seen you and eclipseguy and just seeing you guys are a living testimony that what you say are true... and to myself and the clients that you've worked with... im just kind of winded up at what Jourdan told at that instant...

Btw, I sent u PM about other things... jst read it, bro.

... back to topic though, It would have been really nice if we can have someone who went the cardio way and another who went the HIIT way and see which one gets to have a model body first... now that would be interesting...

wouldn't that be inaccurate? kasi di ba iba-iba ang reaction depende sa genes mo rin? :)

anyway, what i like about my 1-hour cardio is that whenever we play basketball (occasionally na lang), i still have the energy to run up and down the court even after the 4th game of 1-24 pts. hehehe! most of the guys i play with cannot keep up with me anymore. :)

but... last monday, i started doing HIIT. let's see what kind of effect it will have on me. :)

I work out every saturday. Technically, I dont know what are my exercises, but its more for arms and chest (i think). Ill ask my trainor what are those exercises.

i think that poses a problem, too. i think working out only once a week is not enough. let's see what our resident gym gurus have to say :)