Build A Model Body!

mga dudes,

wag tyo mag away...peace! :D

dpat lng ntin tandaan lhat tyo dumaan sa pagiging "tanga"

pasensya na sa term ha wag mag violent reaction :)

wla nmang ipinanganak na magaling na sa larangan na ito e

mag tulungan nlng tyo especially kyong malalaki na, tulungan nyo ko gusto ko din lumaki...ang masel ha nde ung bilbil :P

ACE certified personal trainers are absolutely the LAST people I'd hire, or those who stand behind certifications instead of RESULTS.

A DOG in California got ACE certified once (dogs can be legally named residents of households in California) His master cheated for him to gain him an ACE certification just like I've helped wannabe trainers cheat on their ACE certification courses.

A paper certification is an absolute joke. Experience is all that matters in the fitness industry.

After all, if you were having a nose job, would you want a kid fresh out of medical school making the incision? Or would you want a 30 year veteran doctor with a long list of before and after pictures?

A strength coach/personal trainer is no different. Certifications mean nothing. Experience is EVERYTHING.

After all, Louie Simmons doesn't have a single certification...but he consults for nearly every NFL football team and about 50% of the NCAA Division I football teams. He gets paid $300 per hour for his experience. Not bad for someone else who has also openly snubbed ACE.

hi. i used to weigh 190 lbs. right now im stuck at 150, i want to go down a bit, 140-145 maybe. I box everyday, lift weights a bit, run every other day. i take sat and sun off. i have oatmeal for breakfast, tuna and wheat bread for lunch, half a cup of rice and tuna or chicken for dinner. for my snacks i have a banana or two and/or a slice of wheat bread. what am i doing wrong? can you guys recommend a work out routine that would incorporate my boxing to help me lose weight/gain some muscle? how about stuff to eat and avoid. hope to hear your opinions. thanks guys!

To eat bananas and bread without a protein source is the quickest way to spike your insulin and later cause your blood sugar to crash...triggering hunger and possible overeating. Always combine your carbs with a source of protein.

the problem with some people in this thread is that they don't want to accept other people's experiences especially when the program they have is different from the program in their gym. And if the program that their advertising did not make you the way as they claim it to be, they will tell you that you have a GENETIC ABNORMALITY, which is a very lame excuse to cover up their mistakes.

I agree with you adrean48 that you have atleast know the basics of these theories since all experiences are based on these theories but people tend to ignore them since they have the mentality that "i already know that, been there, done that and i don't need the education because i already gained the experiences that i need." but when things go wrong, they would blame it to other things to protect themselves and to save their reputation.

even professionals makes mistakes. that is why these theories are here, they serve as reminder or guide for us so that if we commit mistakes we can review them and analyze so that we minimize or totally eliminate the same mistakes over and over again. like in the gym, we are not created equal both physically and genetically. that is why we have variation of program to modify things to suite what is best for us. i think it is lame to say that "this program works for me, why it should not work for you?"

May araw ka rin, di mo ko kilala, di mo alam ang kayang ko gawen.

Mag ingat ka.

Now this what makes it worse. I have to agree with Olympus and Eclipseguy when they label you a kid and/or a crybaby. It shows in your post. :thumbsdownsmiley: Oh well, unless you'll be man enough to admit your mistake.

Edited by jaymz

In some other light regarding theories vs. experiences, let me tell you a personal story. When I graduated from college as ECE, getting a license from PRC is all I ever wanted, with it I would be called, "Engineer". I strongly used to believe that having this 3 x 5 cm card would give me an instant access pass to these high end companies in in the field of Electronics and Communications and I would earn a big salary especially if I have a high percentage mark...

But years passed, after applying in many many companies, after many discouragement and frustations, I admitted that experience is what really matters... in job interviews I am often asked if I have experience in something like this or that... but what experience do i have? all i have is my diploma and my PRC card and all what my teachers taught me in college.

so I re evaluated myself and try to discover what i really want and what i have done so far... since I like programming so I decided to apply at IT companies and after just a few months of applying, I got this new job... not because I have a PRC card to prove but because i just told them that i have this experience, not really academic in nature, but out of a hobby, that i did this simple software and it works like this and that i'm really glad that it helped our small business ... and i think that made me land in the job... in conclusion, theories might be initially important but it's the application brought by continous successes in experience is what matters most.

so i leave the choice to you: would you submit to people who have experience or to those people who only know theories? the ball is passed on you. you make a choice.

the problem with some people in this thread is that they don't want to accept other people's experiences especially when the program they have is different from the program in their gym. And if the program that their advertising did not make you the way as they claim it to be, they will tell you that you have a GENETIC ABNORMALITY, which is a very lame excuse to cover up their mistakes.

Well I hope you are not referring to Olympus or myself since we've never failed to produce results for anyone who deals with us personally and consistantly for at least 4-5 weeks. We even give refunds if anyone fails....and we've never had to do so.

Don't dig up the whole misunderstanding about the symantics/terminology of a "genetic anomoly" (not abnormality.

You of all people are the last people to be talking about accepting programs that work or may not work, since you've already admitted that you've never produced results for anyone...especially significant results...so I don't appreciate your snide (weak) attempt at sarcasm.

The problem is that people try to take our advice from what they read from on the boards instead of getting off their butts and visiting us in person and sticking with our training IN PERSON. If they can't produce the same results, it's because EXPERIENCE (in person so we can critique mistakes) is what makes us veteran coaches.

This is the point. If someone fails, it's often because they don't know how to interpret what they read into a tailor-fit program for their individual strengths and weaknesses. Theory is just theory.

Practice is something completely different from theory.

Just talked to Sir Ian and mam April

Both of them are ACE certified and worked abroad as fitness instructors. According to them having an ACE certification give them better opportunities and better salary. Also they gained respect from their caucasian clients. Sir Ian worked somewhere in the middle east and know working in Gold's Gym Alabang. While Mam April is still working in Kuwait(mali ata spelling).

Well if you truly have the experience and if you are really good, ACE exams would be very easy for you and simply a formality.

Its the same as finishing a degree in Medicine or Law or Engr and have your PRC License.

If you commit any mistake then your certification/license would be revoked.

As for me am going for a professional job. Which requires good credentials and proof that I do know the theories. Experiences would come later as I practice the theories.

As of now, because of my hectic schedule I can go to the gym 4-3 times a week at most. Enough time to hit each muscle group once a week and a cardio. So far Im maintaining my figure. I still have the boring diet but no supplements.

You are right about those other professional licenses...since only 1 exists. For PT certifications, there is at LEAST 10...and the one that is prominant here (ACE) is a front for Nautilus. A big corporation/machine company has completely bamboozled most of the Filipino trainers and you are not even aware that you bought off on it.

First of all Gold's Gym Alabang is not exactly a "Mecca" for results. It's as I've always said, "perception" of greatness, even if non-existant, is how large fitness franchises survive. Well, you need to judge more on the success of the business. When the rent is millions per month and the membership revenue is just a couple hundred thousand, you tell me how long you think their certifications will keep their doors open.

I can't believe you said "gained respect from their caucasion clients"....so fooling "whitey" is the name of the game? Olympus knows exactly how hard I'm laughing right now.

Couldn't it be that white people respect people who produce results just as much as any other human being on the face of this planet?

Andrean, again, let me explain my whole purpose of riding you and attempting to shake you up: I'M TRYING TO OPEN YOUR EYES. I'm trying to teach you to think critically and not be fooled by a bunch of fancy letters behind a name. THAT IS EXACTLY HOW FRAUDS WILL CHEAT YOU.

If you are in ANY industry, you need to look at success and a positive track record. When I talked to many clients of all of the gyms in which I've trained, I've either spoken to or witnessed the trainees of these ACE trainers. Let me be very clear when I say NO RESULTS...at least visible ones. And those to whom I spoke told me it's "not worth it" to hire a trainer since they saw no change.

And this is why the industry is suffering. I've said it a thousand times before: I want other gyms to have smart trainers and happy members. I don't care if they are located a block away from Eclipse. If everyone is HAPPY, then ALL gyms will have more members than they know what to do with. EVERYONE WINS.

But they way it's set up now, we have so many people who have not the slightest idea, PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE, in how to produce significant and long-term results. What's worse is that so many trainers have that "If you don't hire me, I won't even speak to you" kind of attitude.

I don't blame the trainers. I blame the gym managers and the certification programs. They brainwash everyone into thinking that if you are not training with the new shiny $10,000 leg press from Nautilus, you are just wasting your time, and those who do train with Nautilus have Sh*t that doesn't stink.

The only sh*t, in fact, is the leg press by Nautilus that trainers line their clients up for since they have no idea how to teach a proper squat (or its many variations)...or they brainwash their clients into thinking squats are dangerous because their ACE certification seminar "said so", with no evidence/research to back up those claims.

You have both sides giving you advice. We give it to you and are pleading with you to listen. The other side makes you pay for it. Sometimes the best things in life are free, since everybody wins when you listen and grow from it.

Peeps share ko lang.

Kninang 11:50 gym ako, kasabay ko yung mga friends ko. Halos lahat sila except for me at Brigz lumaki sa Ino's Gym.

Ala akong dalang kandado so I gave an ID sa gym instructor. Di ko napansen yung AFPP ID ko yung naibigay. Biglang syang nagtanong sa kin kung ano na ba daw ang balita sa AFPP. To cut the long story short educated sya sa AFPP. May kalakihan din ang katawang ng instructor namin yun nga lang 5'6 sya kaya di ako nalalakihan sa kanya.

Tapos nung nag treadmill na ko bigla akong nilapitan ng owner. Nagtanong sya sa kin kung ano na ba daw yung mga na take ko na course sa AFPP. Sabi nya sa kin don din sya nag aral nung 90's Almost similar body type yung Owner at instructor. Silang dalawa yung nag tuturo sa mga friends ko. Well he asked me about ACE, sabi ko baka next year pa kasi uunahin ko yung PRC. He offered me his ACE manual, grabe nakakahiya nga eh.

Well Ive been in BAckdoor gym, Dnk Gym(Fitness advantage Pque), Pearl Plaza Fitness Gym, Ino's Gym, Pinnacle Gym etc. They all respect AFPP and the instructors want to have an ACE certification. Some of them are Licensed PT at Registered Nurse. Lahat din sila may kankanyang clients na nagkaron ng good results.

By the way, yung group namin sa Ino's gym are young men na 18-22 yrs old. 5 out 8 of us have similar body types. Similar na broad shoulders, small waist line. Nagkakaiba lang kami sa sizes ng limbs, chest at abs. Si Jong have the best abs at shoulders. Brigs have the best biceps at triceps, ako chest talaga. Si Cherlon have large Legs. Yung iba di pa masyadong develop kasi June lang nagstart.

Jong Won the Mr. ECE 2006 at Summer Bodies 2005

I got the first runner up in Summer Bodies 2006

Cherlon got the 3rd runner up in Summer Bodies 2005

Edwin Won the The Summber Bodies 2006

Brigs was the Mr CE 2005 2nd runner up.

Now you need to eliminate how many steroid users are in that group of individuals.

According to a few of their former members who are now with us, that gym is juiced to the gills.

Again, kid, think critically.

Peeps share ko lang.

Kninang 11:50 gym ako, kasabay ko yung mga friends ko. Halos lahat sila except for me at Brigz lumaki sa Ino's Gym.

Ala akong dalang kandado so I gave an ID sa gym instructor. Di ko napansen yung AFPP ID ko yung naibigay. Biglang syang nagtanong sa kin kung ano na ba daw ang balita sa AFPP. To cut the long story short educated sya sa AFPP. May kalakihan din ang katawang ng instructor namin yun nga lang 5'6 sya kaya di ako nalalakihan sa kanya.

Tapos nung nag treadmill na ko bigla akong nilapitan ng owner. Nagtanong sya sa kin kung ano na ba daw yung mga na take ko na course sa AFPP. Sabi nya sa kin don din sya nag aral nung 90's Almost similar body type yung Owner at instructor. Silang dalawa yung nag tuturo sa mga friends ko. Well he asked me about ACE, sabi ko baka next year pa kasi uunahin ko yung PRC. He offered me his ACE manual, grabe nakakahiya nga eh.

Well Ive been in BAckdoor gym, Dnk Gym(Fitness advantage Pque), Pearl Plaza Fitness Gym, Ino's Gym, Pinnacle Gym etc. They all respect AFPP and the instructors want to have an ACE certification. Some of them are Licensed PT at Registered Nurse. Lahat din sila may kankanyang clients na nagkaron ng good results.

By the way, yung group namin sa Ino's gym are young men na 18-22 yrs old. 5 out 8 of us have similar body types. Similar na broad shoulders, small waist line. Nagkakaiba lang kami sa sizes ng limbs, chest at abs. Si Jong have the best abs at shoulders. Brigs have the best biceps at triceps, ako chest talaga. Si Cherlon have large Legs. Yung iba di pa masyadong develop kasi June lang nagstart.

Now you need to eliminate how many steroid users are in that group of individuals.

According to a few of their former members who are now with us, that gym is juiced to the gills.

A licensed nurse or PT education has NOTHING to do with the FITNESS INDUSTRY!

Many individuals from those gyms applied with me and I rejected them or told them they could only freelance since they didn't know how to train on our level. Ask Olympus...he's one of the few freelancers who has the education and experience to make the cut. Now do you understand why he and I agree? Because he is on my level.

Why do you think MetroHim, Men's Health, MetroActive, and now Maxim come to either myself, Coach Carlo, or Olympus for fitness consulting, and not all of those people that you listed above with their useless "credentials"? Could it be because we are DIFFERENT FROM THEM?

What is wrong with you?!?

Again, kid, think critically. Just because a bunch of sheep jump off a bridge, does that mean you'll jump too?

Be a good little sheep now...be sure to produce enough wool for your master....

Baaaa baaa baaa....

Why, oh WHY do people think that PT or Nursing students have an education that has ANYTHING to do with FITNESS or a related field?

C'mon eveyone (who believes this "only in the Philippines" concept), wake up!

Most of these people can't get a good job in HEALTH CARE, so somewhere, somehow, some doofus decided that these individuals were good to hire in a fitness environment. Again, their education has NOTHING to do with FITNESS and a GYMNASIUM ENVIRONMENT.

PT's and Nurses belong in a HOSPITAL or REHAB CLINIC with SICK PEOPLE or SPECIAL POPULATIONS. Why is such a simple concept so hard to accept or understand? Is this lack of understanding reflect the state of our local education system? I know classrooms are overcrowded and underfunded, but...sheesh...it's getting rediculous...

Edited by Eclipseguy

Oh my I've had a few beers and just looking at it makes me dizzy. I have only one certification that I topped and I beat several ACE certified trainers and this was circa 2002 when I was still a Pro Mike Mentzer guy, yt I managed to beat ACE guys, so what does that mean? its like a yellow belt kicking 2nd degree blackbelt tush. I don't wanna ride on anyone now since I had a seminar with enough riding to last me a week. Certifications are just a feather in your cap, or stripes to your belt. What really matters is that you can teach and produce results Louie Simmons and Dan John aren't certified at all, yet they are consulted by top athletes.

Last thing tonight....look past your online perception of me and ask yourself of the question above:

First, it's cool that everyone did well in this competition if it was important to them.

But don't envoke humiliation on them if you think that doing well in a "Mr. Province" competition warrants your publishing it online as if it brings you some form of "credibility".

It does not.

When your athletes are internationally ranked, as are mine (and they are Filipino), then you have a ground on which you can stand. Until then, take a seat and learn that there is a big world out there, and you need to understand that just because the AFPP did a deal with the Devil (ACE), doesn't mean you have to be a sheep and go along with it.

Once you start thinking for yourself instead of going along with the herd, maybe you might gain some credibility.

As it was stated already, you attended "seminars", yet you seemed to have gained little from it. Once you've had clients of your own (and I don't mean guys on steroids or guys with great genetics...train a little guy and make him great), then you have room to talk.

So learn to lead, follow, or get the hell out of my way.

Alwyn Cosgrove is one of the most in-demand and exciting coaches, writers, and speakers in the fitness industry today. A native of Scotland, this former martial arts champion turned performance coach is really making a name for himself in the muscle biz. He currently spends his time lecturing, teaching, training, and writing. He's also the owner of Results Fitness in Santa Clarita, California.

For the past sixteen years Alwyn has been committed to achieving excellence in the field of fitness training and athletic preparation. Specializing in performance enhancement, Alwyn has helped countless individuals and athletes reach their goals through sound scientific training.

Alwyn has been a featured presenter at several national conferences in the fitness industry and has produced several training manuals and educational DVD's. His no BS approach and fiery opinions make him a real standout in the industry.

Dan John may or may not be your typical coach, but he's definitely the kind of coach we wish we would've had in high school and college!

A Fulbright Scholar to Egypt, Dan has advanced degrees in history and religious education. He's traveled the world dealing with parasites, customs officials, and a terrible accent in every language he has learned, so much so that both Turkish and Hebrew speakers have asked him to stop speaking their languages.

When not working as a professor of religious studies, Danny is a fulltime strength coach and Head Track and Field coach at Juan Diego Catholic High School in Draper, Utah. Danny has multiple national and state championships in the discus, Olympic lifting, Highland Games, and the Weight Pentathalon, an event in which he has held the American record.

Dan is also the proud father of Kelly and Lindsay, and the husband of Tiffini, who maintains that "long suffering" should not be her middle name. In his spare time, he can be found dealing with the dog and the cat and throwing things in the backyard, often while wearing a kilt.

Dave Tate is one of America's leading authorities in the development of maximal strength and conditioning. Dave is known for his ability to make the complex subjects simple and usable, allowing his audiences to reach levels of strength they never would've thought possible.

Dave has addressed thousands of strength coaches, powerlifters, personal trainers, and strength athletes on the subjects of maximal strength development. Many of these include NFL franchises, D-1 universities, professional athletes, elite powerlifters, and many of the strongest men and women to walk the planet. Through Dave's articles, seminars, consultations, and his business, EliteFTS, he's helped and inspired millions.

Dave has a BS is Exercise Science from the University of Toledo but also has multiple degrees from the school of hard knocks. He's been competing in the sport of powerlifting since 1985, acquiring four elite totals over the years with best lifts of a 935 squat, a 610 bench, and a 740 pound deadlift. Dave has made it his passion to study and discover why people get strong. He's also authored several training manuals, books, and DVDs, including his newest work, Under the Bar.

Dave is married with two children and lives in London, Ohio. He's very active in the community and spends much of his free time doing nonprofit business development training with many small business owners.

Look ma, no certifications!!

Alwyn Cosgrove is one of the most in-demand and exciting coaches, writers, and speakers in the fitness industry today. A native of Scotland, this former martial arts champion turned performance coach is really making a name for himself in the muscle biz. He currently spends his time lecturing, teaching, training, and writing. He's also the owner of Results Fitness in Santa Clarita, California.

For the past sixteen years Alwyn has been committed to achieving excellence in the field of fitness training and athletic preparation. Specializing in performance enhancement, Alwyn has helped countless individuals and athletes reach their goals through sound scientific training.

Alwyn has been a featured presenter at several national conferences in the fitness industry and has produced several training manuals and educational DVD's. His no BS approach and fiery opinions make him a real standout in the industry.

Dan John may or may not be your typical coach, but he's definitely the kind of coach we wish we would've had in high school and college!

A Fulbright Scholar to Egypt, Dan has advanced degrees in history and religious education. He's traveled the world dealing with parasites, customs officials, and a terrible accent in every language he has learned, so much so that both Turkish and Hebrew speakers have asked him to stop speaking their languages.

When not working as a professor of religious studies, Danny is a fulltime strength coach and Head Track and Field coach at Juan Diego Catholic High School in Draper, Utah. Danny has multiple national and state championships in the discus, Olympic lifting, Highland Games, and the Weight Pentathalon, an event in which he has held the American record.

Dan is also the proud father of Kelly and Lindsay, and the husband of Tiffini, who maintains that "long suffering" should not be her middle name. In his spare time, he can be found dealing with the dog and the cat and throwing things in the backyard, often while wearing a kilt.

Dave Tate is one of America's leading authorities in the development of maximal strength and conditioning. Dave is known for his ability to make the complex subjects simple and usable, allowing his audiences to reach levels of strength they never would've thought possible.

Dave has addressed thousands of strength coaches, powerlifters, personal trainers, and strength athletes on the subjects of maximal strength development. Many of these include NFL franchises, D-1 universities, professional athletes, elite powerlifters, and many of the strongest men and women to walk the planet. Through Dave's articles, seminars, consultations, and his business, EliteFTS, he's helped and inspired millions.

Dave has a BS is Exercise Science from the University of Toledo but also has multiple degrees from the school of hard knocks. He's been competing in the sport of powerlifting since 1985, acquiring four elite totals over the years with best lifts of a 935 squat, a 610 bench, and a 740 pound deadlift. Dave has made it his passion to study and discover why people get strong. He's also authored several training manuals, books, and DVDs, including his newest work, Under the Bar.

Dave is married with two children and lives in London, Ohio. He's very active in the community and spends much of his free time doing nonprofit business development training with many small business owners.

Look ma, no certifications!!

That is simply....beautiful! :cool:

We should discuss 99% of the local trainers out there who cling to their ACE/AFPP certifications with no clients (other than the occasional juice-head) out there with significant results...we'll call it:

Look ma, no brains!!

I'm a research analyst by profession, strengh coach by affiliation... and our motto is always quality over quantity.

Again, let the buyer beware, a big organization does not always mean its a good organization. There are also a few exceptions. I have been around several gyms in my lifetime, and only a few people from the AFPP have rally impressed me. Mot of them don't even recognize their certification with the AFPP anymore, which makes me wonder why? I guess its because of the quality the AFPP has produced lately.

Most of the guys I talked to say that ESA is a better choice since its not all theory, but they also consider experience a crucial part of certification. A person can attend several seminars and then claim to be a fitness teacher, yt can hardly explain and properly teach several theories

In some other light regarding theories vs. experiences, let me tell you a personal story. When I graduated from college as ECE, getting a license from PRC is all I ever wanted, with it I would be called, "Engineer". I strongly used to believe that having this 3 x 5 cm card would give me an instant access pass to these high end companies in in the field of Electronics and Communications and I would earn a big salary especially if I have a high percentage mark...

But years passed, after applying in many many companies, after many discouragement and frustations, I admitted that experience is what really matters... in job interviews I am often asked if I have experience in something like this or that... but what experience do i have? all i have is my diploma and my PRC card and all what my teachers taught me in college.

so I re evaluated myself and try to discover what i really want and what i have done so far... since I like programming so I decided to apply at IT companies and after just a few months of applying, I got this new job... not because I have a PRC card to prove but because i just told them that i have this experience, not really academic in nature, but out of a hobby, that i did this simple software and it works like this and that i'm really glad that it helped our small business ... and i think that made me land in the job... in conclusion, theories might be initially important but it's the application brought by continous successes in experience is what matters most.

so i leave the choice to you: would you submit to people who have experience or to those people who only know theories? the ball is passed on you. you make a choice.

pre, naiyak ako dun pero TAMA ka! :cool:

You are right about those other professional licenses...since only 1 exists. For PT certifications, there is at LEAST 10...and the one that is prominant here (ACE) is a front for Nautilus. A big corporation/machine company has completely bamboozled most of the Filipino trainers and you are not even aware that you bought off on it.

First of all Gold's Gym Alabang is not exactly a "Mecca" for results. It's as I've always said, "perception" of greatness, even if non-existant, is how large fitness franchises survive. Well, you need to judge more on the success of the business. When the rent is millions per month and the membership revenue is just a couple hundred thousand, you tell me how long you think their certifications will keep their doors open.

I can't believe you said "gained respect from their caucasion clients"....so fooling "whitey" is the name of the game? Olympus knows exactly how hard I'm laughing right now.

Couldn't it be that white people respect people who produce results just as much as any other human being on the face of this planet?

Andrean, again, let me explain my whole purpose of riding you and attempting to shake you up: I'M TRYING TO OPEN YOUR EYES. I'm trying to teach you to think critically and not be fooled by a bunch of fancy letters behind a name. THAT IS EXACTLY HOW FRAUDS WILL CHEAT YOU.

If you are in ANY industry, you need to look at success and a positive track record. When I talked to many clients of all of the gyms in which I've trained, I've either spoken to or witnessed the trainees of these ACE trainers. Let me be very clear when I say NO RESULTS...at least visible ones. And those to whom I spoke told me it's "not worth it" to hire a trainer since they saw no change.

And this is why the industry is suffering. I've said it a thousand times before: I want other gyms to have smart trainers and happy members. I don't care if they are located a block away from Eclipse. If everyone is HAPPY, then ALL gyms will have more members than they know what to do with. EVERYONE WINS.

But they way it's set up now, we have so many people who have not the slightest idea, PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE, in how to produce significant and long-term results. What's worse is that so many trainers have that "If you don't hire me, I won't even speak to you" kind of attitude.

I don't blame the trainers. I blame the gym managers and the certification programs. They brainwash everyone into thinking that if you are not training with the new shiny $10,000 leg press from Nautilus, you are just wasting your time, and those who do train with Nautilus have Sh*t that doesn't stink.

The only sh*t, in fact, is the leg press by Nautilus that trainers line their clients up for since they have no idea how to teach a proper squat (or its many variations)...or they brainwash their clients into thinking squats are dangerous because their ACE certification seminar "said so", with no evidence/research to back up those claims.

You have both sides giving you advice. We give it to you and are pleading with you to listen. The other side makes you pay for it. Sometimes the best things in life are free, since everybody wins when you listen and grow from it.

yehey! EG ur da man!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Here is a challenge[/b] to everyone.

If you claim na talagang magaling kayo at marami kayong naging client. Why not enroll sa AFPP and challenge ms. Shirley. Kung talagang nageearn kayo ng thousands of pesos a month then 6k of 3months training would be no sweat to you.

AFFP is a group of professionals. Some of us are UP Diliman Deans, some were former Mr. Philippines, some were Philippines Coaches of different sports. We also have licensed Pts, Registered Nurses, Licensed Engrs, etc. We have successfull Gym owner with model clients.

I guess we have nothing else to prove. By the way the AFPP representatives just arrived from Hongkong. They attended the Hong Kong Fitness Convention.

tama na yan, inuman nlng...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :P :P :P :hypocritesmiley: :hypocritesmiley: :hypocritesmiley:

P.E.A.C.E.!!!

Here is a challenge to everyone.

If you claim na talagang magaling kayo at marami kayong naging client. Why not enroll sa AFPP and challenge ms. Shirley. Kung talagang nageearn kayo ng thousands of pesos a month then 6k of 3months training would be no sweat to you.

AFFP is a group of professionals. Some of us are UP Diliman Deans, some were former Mr. Philippines, some were Philippines Coaches of different sports. We also have licensed Pts, Registered Nurses, Licensed Engrs, etc. We have successfull Gym owner with model clients.

I guess we have nothing else to prove. By the way the AFPP representatives just arrived from Hongkong. They attended the Hong Kong Fitness Convention.

Excuse me while I scream with laughter at your challenge.

Ahem...ok I'm done :lol:

Let's see...former Mr. Philippines...steroids, steroids, and more steroids.

I don't need to challenge Ms. Shirley. My girls have already "Eclipsed" her old powerlifting record. He record stood at a time when powerlifting "records" were a warm-up weight for my girls after now 3 months of training. Who has she trained, and WHERE ARE THE PICTURES OF HER CLIENTS BEFORE AND AFTER?

Also what do I have to challenge her on? You are her product and you have no idea what you are talking about. My interns, after just a few days know more than you do.

Philippines sports coaches you say? So how come so many athletes of many of these current and former coaches tell me the extent of these coaches teaching with respect to the gym was "Guys, you have two hours to use the weight room....go to it!"

Model clients? LET ME REPEAT MYSELF "The gym in which you are doing your OJT, is a HAVEN for steroid users." This comes from TWO of your former members who said the training that happens in your gym is a joke and none of you have a clue what you are doing. Don't k*ll the messenger. My informant knows you personally and says that you are a skinny kid with a big ego.

Let me make myself clear, kid: WHEN ECLIPSE HAS 10 GYMS (it has 2 now) WE WILL, AS WE DO NOW, DO NOT RECOGNIZE THE AFPP.

Why the hell would I waste my time on these people when I'm the one who makes the rules? None of your AFPP chronies are allowed to work directly for Eclipse. How clear can I be? We, the gyms, MAKE THE RULES. NOT the AFPP.

Like I said, all of the mainstream magazines come to ME and my trainers for consulting. THEY DO NOT go to the AFPP.

Go away little boy....your ignorance (actually now I consider you STUPID since your head is a solid block sound-proof marble) is astounding. You do the education system of the nation very proud indeed.

As I always say, "ignorance is fixable, STUPIDITY IS TERMINAL!!!"

Get a CSCS or be like every other drug-dealing or useless PT out there who is killing our industry. You won't work in any of our clubs.

I just need to add something:

Hong Kong is not exactly a fitness "Mecca".

So Andrean....you are saying that a weekend in Hong Kong makes SQ more experienced that I am, when I spent a total of 10 years training with some of the greatest athletes in the world in Chicago, Columbus, and Texas? If you have any idea of the fitness industry, you'd know that Illinois, Ohio, and Texas are the "triangle of power" where most of the Western sports and conditioning developments are founded.

Like I said...we make the rules, you just stumble around and blindly go with the herd. Just make sure your cows give milk instead of milk you for your hard-earned money.

Side anecdote...

I used to think that a certain training system was really great. I even took the Nautilus certification seminar and smoked it. Thinking I knew a lot then at a young age of 23, I never even realized that I as hindering my full potential.

by 2003, I was starting to read articles from a certain club in Colombus, Ohio and it opened my eyes that you need to be pushing heavy weight and not just pumping your muscles with 8-2 rep set or sets.

2004. I learned that the more time spent under the bar for squats would equate to a bigger physique overall, I spend more timer under the bar and started training like a powerlifter. That same year I managed to pull 315 on the deadlift fr the first time in my life.

2005. I also ralized that there are many methods as well. The main objective is that YOU PRODUCE RESULTS. being a big martial arts fanatic, i put Bruce Lee's "Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what i specifically your own" as my training motto. I constantly looked for new methods to train people of various shapes and sizes and conditions to make them achieve their goals.

2006. I discovered crossfit. Saw that this system is also great since it fouses on total development. Best for athletes. I also joined the eclipse bandwagon.

Up to date, i've already broken most of my personal best records in lifting and am in the best condition I have ever been. I've also managed to train some clients who have or are very close to thier goals since they consistently did their part of showing up and I did my part of training them. None of them have perfect physique but they have gone a long way from where they started.

moral of the story, never stop learning. The big problem with many people here in the fitness industry locally think that a certificate or affiliation with a club makes you an expert in training. Ladie and gentlemen, that is not the case. I can point you out to several trainers i have met and all of them are certified both locally and internationally, yet they can barely produce results for clients, if any, the results are very microscopic.

As one internatonally recognized trainer would say, at the end of the day, what matters is that you are able to produce results.