Build A Model Body!

@olympus and adrean48 -thanks for the advices.  really appreciate it.  2 hrs ako sa gym kasi mas matagal pa rest ko in between exercises eh hehehe  :D

everyone who shared their ideas... thanks din!

If you rest long between sets of squats and deadlifts I'll understand, but if its between curls and pulldowns, that is questionable

people, i need your advise.. im trying to lose fat right now... im satisfied with my current muscle mass since i dont want to be mister ronnie coleman anyway.

my program consists of mwf weights (total body/whole body workouts focusing on major muscles... not a fan of isolated minor muscle workouts kasi... gusto ko pagbuhat ako ung pumping hearbeat parang cardio), followed by 30 minutes cardio. tapos sa tue/thu/sat i do 30 min cardio with abs routine. sundays are either a rest day or flag football day (in which i play as a wide receiver or a halfback depending on the mood of our quarterback).

ok na ba yung program ko na ganun? sa diet naman, im planning yung ginagawa ko now, ang main source of carbs ko lang is less than 1/2 cup of rice for the whole day tapos lean meat and egg whites. ok na kaya yun? if not penge naman suggestions... pls pls pls :) thanks much...

how long should i rest between sets for squats and deadlifts, and for curls and pulldowns?

thanks.

I rest about 7 minutes in between heavy squat and deadlift sets. I may even go up to 10 minutes. I don't do curls since I find it pointless to do curls if you can't even do 10 pullups. You'll get more arm growth from pullups and rows as compared to pulldowns and curls

I've recently revised my cardio routine, I alternately do HIIT on treadmill and bumpee ala tabata... in that way maybe, I could rest my legs... I still can't run on treadmill on high speeds. Would it be good if I do it this way (alternate HIIT and Tabata?)

That's what I do with some of my clients. Those who are in decent shape and can already do Tabatas without having a major breakdown in form

people, i need your advise.. im trying to lose fat right now... im satisfied with my current muscle mass since i dont want to be mister ronnie coleman anyway.

my program consists of mwf weights (total body/whole body workouts focusing on major muscles... not a fan of isolated minor muscle workouts kasi... gusto ko pagbuhat ako ung pumping hearbeat parang cardio), followed by 30 minutes cardio. tapos sa tue/thu/sat i do 30 min cardio with abs routine. sundays are either a rest day or flag football day (in which i play as a wide receiver or a halfback depending on the mood of our quarterback).

ok na ba yung program ko na ganun? sa diet naman, im planning yung ginagawa ko now, ang main source of carbs ko lang is less than 1/2 cup of rice for the whole day tapos lean meat and egg whites. ok na kaya yun? if not penge naman suggestions... pls pls pls :) thanks much...

WHat does yur cardio routine look like? Are you getting the results you want? Why such low carbs? I assume you're around 150-180 in weight?

i also advice low carbo... i think that this is important for the initial rapid weight loss... for an immediate sense of achievement... heheheheheh... some trainers kasi sigurista... kung di kaya ma addres yung problema sa work out, tirahin rin sa dyeta para mukhang may nagawa sila... :D

yes im 180 lbs... well i think its wrong to zero in calories too... thats why i want to ask you guys.. personally i think... moderation is the key :) tama ba guys? pero lagi ako may feeling na pag i eat carbs nabigat ako.. ewan ko ba.. kahit napakakonti ng rice na kainin ko i feel so freakin heavy and my stomach would like to burst...

yes im 180 lbs... well i think its wrong to zero in calories too... thats why i want to ask you guys.. personally i think... moderation is the key :) tama ba guys? pero lagi ako may feeling na pag i eat carbs nabigat ako.. ewan ko ba.. kahit napakakonti ng rice na kainin ko i feel so freakin heavy and my stomach would like to burst...

How about eating more veggies? You're on track naman

my question is what do you eat when it comes to snacks?

what do you eat when your in the mall? i mean what are the "safe" foods to eat?

kasi sometimes di talaga maiwasan, pero it makes you less guilty if you know what you ate is kinda "safe".

;)

chicken bbq or corn is what i usually go for when in malls. I avoid anything fried if I'm on a diet.

watch your timing when eating carbs...try not to eat too much carbs BEFORE you sleep...eat more carbs about 1 to 1.5 hours BEFORE your work out so that you'll have energy...eat carbs, in moderation, AFTER working out to replenish the lost carbs/glycogen...just my two cents...noah

kasi sometimes di talaga maiwasan, pero it makes you less guilty if you know what you ate is kinda "safe".

;)

fruits and/or fresh fruit juices with moderate sugar in it...or protein shakes/bagel/wheat bread/bananas/vegetable salads/tofus/protein bars/grilled chicken/tuna/turkey sandwich/beef jerky/yogurt/crackers(whole wheat)/peanuts/canned fruits such as peaches, pineapple,lychees,etc/peanut butter sandwich/healthy cereals(the less sugar ones)/trail mix/raw veggies such as carrots,celery,broccoli....

safe foods at the malls...grilled fish...kilawin tanigue...NOT FRIED fish...Filipino food with low/no-fat beef...salads/fish/chicken sadwich from fast food resto...just my two cents...noah

ndi ko alam na may thread palang ganito. I am 5'7 and last 6 months ago before i did work ang weight ko is 163 lbs now I am a wopping 206 lbs. My body did f#&k up. I went to gym this week, to take it off the fat and build a body. Hindi ko lam kung dapat bang everyday,  twice or weekly akong maggym.

1. clean up your diet first. Reduce fatty and processed food intake. eat small but frequent meals

2. About training you need to go at least twice a week to get results. I personally believe thrice a week is the most optimal. focus on squats, deadlifts bench presses, military presses, row and pullups. Avoid machines and isolation exercises. Free weight make your muscles work the hardest.

3. Focus on form first. Once your form is textbook, piling on the weight would be easy. Don't worry as no one would make fun of you if you're not lifting heavy.

4. get enough rest. Muscles grow when you rest, not while you train

5. Short, intense cardio is the key to revving up your metabolism. Alternate between a fast walk and a jog for about 10-15 minutes after lifting.

i see snack time as fillers.. kaya i just eat a banana or an apple, then drink green tea (tea bag) para feeling busog...

;)