Build A Model Body!

khit tuna in kalamansi pa basta century tuna. better pa kung chunks nde basta flakes lng.. :D

inaaway nyo na nman si mr. andrean a..wag ganyan respetuhin nlng ntin kung ano gusto ng bwat isa.

teka yan ba ung ACE na nkikita ko sa mga SM & Robinson's malls?

P.E.A.C.E. :lol:

Di namin inaaway, persnally, I'm talking thru experience and besides, sayang sine he has so much passion and it goes to waste seeing a "brave soldier fighting for the wrong cause"

Di namin inaaway, persnally, I'm talking thru experience and besides, sayang sine he has so much passion and it goes to waste seeing a "brave soldier fighting for the wrong cause"

Plus it was like popping a balloon when so many hopefuls applied at Eclipse and I said "I recognize NCSA/CSCS, but I do not recognize ACE/AFPP."

As Olympus said, we are telling a kid who cares that there is a better option. A CSCS is not the be all and end all, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

If you'll notice, ACE trainers do not get asked to publish articles in international publications. In contrast, someone with CSCS is almost standard issue when you see credentials.

Even Men's Health Philippines and USA have a CSCS as their consultants. They DO NOT have ACE. If those who read this don't believe me, I'll personally introduce them to the editors of three local men's magazines:

Men's Health

MetroHim

Metroactive

I know what they want, and they don't want the advice of an ACE trainer.

How much more clear can this be?

However, many people overlook the eccentric and static contractions and put too much emphasis on the concentric contractions

*sigh* Because there are so many gym goers who don't have proper knowledge of what they should be doing. To many, all that matters is to lift heavy, let it go, lift heavy, let it go... to the point that they are already swinging or jerking their body just to bring the weight up and bring it down with reckless abandon.

I actually always want to tell them that they should fix their form and make their eccentric slower. What holding me back from doing that is the fact that they are bigger than me because I'm an ectomorph. :grr:

How would a mesomprph or an endomorph take an advice from an ectomorph? :huh:

*sigh* Because there are so many gym goers who don't have proper knowledge of what they should be doing. To many, all that matters is to lift heavy, let it go, lift heavy, let it go... to the point that they are already swinging or jerking their body just to bring the weight up and bring it down with reckless abandon.

I actually always want to tell them that they should fix their form and make their eccentric slower. What holding me back from doing that is the fact that they are bigger than me because I'm an ectomorph. :grr:

We're talking about semantics again here. The somatotype can be changed with proper nutrition and training. Myself being an ectomorph (120 lbs) for most of my life. I have managed to build myself up to a respectable size.

Plus it was like popping a balloon when so many hopefuls applied at Eclipse and I said "I recognize NCSA/CSCS, but I do not recognize ACE/AFPP."

As Olympus said, we are telling a kid who cares that there is a better option. A CSCS is not the be all and end all, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

If you'll notice, ACE trainers do not get asked to publish articles in international publications. In contrast, someone with CSCS is almost standard issue when you see credentials.

Even Men's Health Philippines and USA have a CSCS as their consultants. They DO NOT have ACE. If those who read this don't believe me, I'll personally introduce them to the editors of three local men's magazines:

Men's Health

MetroHim

Metroactive

I know what they want, and they don't want the advice of an ACE trainer.

How much more clear can this be?

may TaMA kayo pero kanya kanyang paniniwla yan e. maaring maganda ang intensyon ninyo para maliwanagan sya pero hinde gnun ang dating sa kanya ksi iba ibang persepsyon yan. baka nga ang dating sa kanya pinamumukha nyo na booboo sya at nagyayabang kayo kya pabayaan nyo nlng tutal pagdating ng tym na hindi nya ma-achieve ung goal nya sa pagkamit ng ACE (kung ano man un) sa kanyang frustration nlng un at least wla syang masisisi pang iba. at saka n7ya marealize na he should hev listened in the 1st place..di po ba? :)

sorry guys... havent been able to post... been in pain...

Squats, legs parallel max single rep at 220 pounds

deadlift, standard, max single rep 185 pounds

chinups with weight max 5 reps at 33 pounds (my current weight is 200 pounds)

thats about it...

it's been a while since i posted here. wheewww.... a lot of work in the office.

thanks to all that posted their answer to my question for now here if my definition of muscle contractions.

Isometric - The contraction of a muscle without significant movement; also referred to as static tension (eg: pushing the wall)

Isotonic - The contraction of a muscle with movement against a natural resistance such as gravity. This misnomer has prompted authors to propose alternative terms, such as dynamic tension or dynamic contraction.

Isokinetic - The contraction of a muscle against concomitant force at a constant speed. Diagnostic strength equipment implement isokinetic tension to more accurately measure strength at varying joint angles.

Concentric - The contraction of a muscle resulting in its shortening.

Eccentric - The contraction of a muscle during its lengthening.

Hey there bubba...hurry up and get the rest of your weights so we can start your first virtual coaching session...this thread is getting kinda boring now that everyone is getting along and we need something to spice it up around here :D

hey EG, you now get bored in this thread. i think you missed our petty argument. hahaha. anyway, hope we can have a good debate again.

Plus it was like popping a balloon when so many hopefuls applied at Eclipse and I said "I recognize NCSA/CSCS, but I do not recognize ACE/AFPP." As Olympus said, we are telling a kid who cares that there is a better option. A CSCS is not the be all and end all, but at least it's a step in the right direction. If you'll notice, ACE trainers do not get asked to publish articles in international publications. In contrast, someone with CSCS is almost standard issue when you see credentials.

hey guys, i'm confused with this ACE/AFPP and NCSA/CSCS. as far as i know this are certifying bodies and they can be avail through online exams. please clarify this up.

by the way, olympus, can you post again the HIIT that you previously posted. i only have limited time in browsing the net so far due to my workload.

Well I'm an ectomorph :) At 185lbs I still have very small wrists, ankles, and a relatively lean build. The reason endomorphs and mesomorphs like to be trained by an experienced ectomorph is very simple: If we can add significant muscle mass to our naturally thin builds, imagine what we can do for the big boys :cool:

The quickest way to shut up the big guys is to train for strength, and smoke them in their personal max tests. They build mass easy while we don't. Therefore we are often great strength athletes with respect to weight class. :thumbsupsmiley:

sorry guys... havent been able to post... been in pain...

Squats, legs parallel max single rep at 220 pounds

deadlift, standard, max single rep 185 pounds

chinups with weight max 5 reps at 33 pounds (my current weight is 200 pounds)

thats about it...

I'll get started on your program for Phase 1. Rest up...you've got some work coming your way :D

it's been a while since i posted here. wheewww.... a lot of work in the office.

thanks to all that posted their answer to my question for now here if my definition of muscle contractions.

Isometric - The contraction of a muscle without significant movement; also referred to as static tension (eg: pushing the wall)

Isotonic - The contraction of a muscle with movement against a natural resistance such as gravity. This misnomer has prompted authors to propose alternative terms, such as dynamic tension or dynamic contraction.

Isokinetic - The contraction of a muscle against concomitant force at a constant speed. Diagnostic strength equipment implement isokinetic tension to more accurately measure strength at varying joint angles.

Concentric - The contraction of a muscle resulting in its shortening.

Eccentric - The contraction of a muscle during its lengthening.

hey EG, you now get bored in this thread. i think you missed our petty argument. hahaha. anyway, hope we can have a good debate again.

hey guys, i'm confused with this ACE/AFPP and NCSA/CSCS. as far as i know this are certifying bodies and they can be avail through online exams. please clarify this up.

by the way, olympus, can you post again the HIIT that you previously posted. i only have limited time in browsing the net so far due to my workload.

From what I heard, ACE is a mail order certification. Therefore, one can cheat in order to get certified, making all the credibility go down the drain. That is why I prefer hands-on tutoring. You can automatically see the knowledge there

for the HIIT FAQ: HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training): http://www.fitness.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141 . Next time, don't forget we have a search button :mtc:

From what I heard, ACE is a mail order certification. Therefore, one can cheat in order to get certified, making all the credibility go down the drain. That is why I prefer hands-on tutoring. You can automatically see the knowledge there

for the HIIT FAQ: HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training): http://www.fitness.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141 . Next time, don't forget we have a search button :mtc:

i'm a bit confuse on your explanation. what do you mean mail order certification? how does this works? in my own understanding if it's mail order certification, i will just pay for it and then i will be an ACE certified. i mean according to the website, they also have exams before you qualify to be an ACE trainer, like a CSCS you should also pass an exam.

Base on my research, ACE is more on fitness exercises for normal individuals while CSCS is more on strength and conditioning exercises especially for athlete. so base on this, i think this two certifying bodies is different from one another.

please correct me on this.

by the way, thanks for the site. i previously read those topics, however, i was looking for a concrete program. for now i understand that there is really no definite program for HIIT. also, i don't know that this has a search button.

i'm a bit confuse on your explanation. what do you mean mail order certification? how does this works? in my own understanding if it's mail order certification, i will just pay for it and then i will be an ACE certified. i mean according to the website, they also have exams before you qualify to be an ACE trainer, like a CSCS you should also pass an exam.

Base on my research, ACE is more on fitness exercises for normal individuals while CSCS is more on strength and conditioning exercises especially for athlete. so base on this, i think this two certifying bodies is different from one another.

please correct me on this.

by the way, thanks for the site. i previously read those topics, however, i was looking for a concrete program. for now i understand that there is really no definite program for HIIT. also, i don't know that this has a search button.

ACE is a mail order certification in the States. In other words, you pay a fee, they send you a study guide and a test, and then you have a certain amount of time in which you must complete the test and then send it in. If you pass...viola...you are ACE certified!

If you laugh, know that I'll crack a beer and join you in the laughter :D

A CSCS is a little bit harder, but it is still mostly theory and not much (if any) practical application. At least a CSCS is not funded by a private company (Nautilus), so therefore there is less of a vested interest.

The problem with the ACE vs. CSCS (and the entire perception of the fitness industry) is that hacks try to segregate "strength" from "fitness". As we've been saying from the beginning, the key is knowing how to scale strength training from a total elderly beginner at even 100 years old to a world-class athlete. Again, certain certifications like ACE exist TO SELL FITNESS EQUIPMENT. It's all about big business and big money. This is why you, myself, and Olympus are actually on the same side...since we prefer to forward science instead of big business :cool:

Sir Jfreak thanks for the PM.

True professional, in all fields, know how to respect each other.

Normally, kid, you'd be right. The problem with your perspective is the word PROFESSIONAL. Your mentor SQ is a hack, a fraud, and a SELL OUT to BIG BUSINESS. That is my educated opinion, and I make no apologies for it. If you all don't like it, you know where to find me where I invite everyone to put up or shut up. Fair? Nothing is more fair and my student/member army will stop everything to make time for the ACE "warriors" :hypocritesmiley:

Your statement (implying a forced repspect for ACE frauds) is like telling a doctor that he should respect a Jamacian Voo-Doo Queen and their phychic healing powers. I have a feeling that said MD would laugh out loud... :lol:

Edited by Eclipseguy

I'm not a CSCS, but I read their manual before...and it's basically a college level biology course with a little chemistry and physiology, physics/menanics, and kinesiology thrown in for good measure. Very theoretical yet not much practical wisdom.

So in other words, you'll get your certification and then you'll think "now what?".

Exactly. You need experience. Most people who have read fitness magazines for at least 2-3 years have already read all of the "tidbits" and other subjects covered in a CSCS. It's why I say that a CSCS is a good start, but it still doesn't give you a roadmap for success. The rest is up to you to figure out through trial and error.

Even the CSCS is not recognized internationally. Most top strength and conditioning coaches over the age of 40 (which are probably 90%) do not have a CSCS. They just have some sort of science degree plus decades of experience working with athletes.

I'm not a CSCS, but I read their manual before...and it's basically a college level biology course with a little chemistry and physiology, physics/menanics, and kinesiology thrown in for good measure. Very theoretical yet not much practical wisdom.

So in other words, you'll get your certification and then you'll think "now what?".

Exactly. You need experience. Most people who have read fitness magazines for at least 2-3 years have already read all of the "tidbits" and other subjects covered in a CSCS. It's why I say that a CSCS is a good start, but it still doesn't give you a roadmap for success. The rest is up to you to figure out through trial and error.

Even the CSCS is not recognized internationally. Most top strength and conditioning coaches over the age of 40 (which are probably 90%) do not have a CSCS. They just have some sort of science degree plus decades of experience working with athletes.

I think the forums are messed up...this reply was in response to a question by DJ25 that has since vanished :blink:

looking forward to it bud... :D

Format - Weights x reps x sets

Workout 1 (monday) rest at least 5 min in-between squat and row sets.

Bench: 115x5, 135x5, 155x5, 185x5, 215x5

Squat: 180x5x5 (warmup 115x5, 135x3, 165x1)

Row: 160x5x5 (no warmup since rows follow squats)

Workout 2 (wednesday)

Deadlift 155x5x5

Squat: 155x5x5

Military press: 115x5x4 (4 sets)

Pullups: +15lbs x5x5

Workout 3 (friday)

Bench: 205x5x5

Squat: 115x5 135x5, 155x5, 170x5, 195x5

Row: 135x5, 145x5, 155x5, 165x5, 175x5

Feel free to ask questions.

yahoo!!! Lets see what this work out program will do to me... :D now time to look for my emergency steroid pack... :D

If you weigh 200lbs now and cannot deadlift at least 400lbs raw after 5 months, you had better focus, as we'll be administerin' a whoopin' if you don't :D

Keep talking about steroids, and I'll set your deadlift goal to 600lbs :hypocritesmiley:

Format - Weights x reps x sets

Workout 1 (monday) rest at least 5 min in-between squat and row sets.

Bench: 115x5, 135x5, 155x5, 185x5, 215x5

Squat: 180x5x5 (warmup 115x5, 135x3, 165x1)

Row: 160x5x5 (no warmup since rows follow squats)

Workout 2 (wednesday)

Deadlift 155x5x5

Squat: 155x5x5

Military press: 115x5x4 (4 sets)

Pullups: +15lbs x5x5

Workout 3 (friday)

Bench: 205x5x5

Squat: 115x5 135x5, 155x5, 170x5, 195x5

Row: 135x5, 145x5, 155x5, 165x5, 175x5

Feel free to ask questions.

Note that this training program starts out easy, and then gets hard in the 3rd-5th week. The reason for this is that the first two weeks is to deload your nervous system from the previous overtraining you've likely been doing :goatee:

Go Eguus! Hope you get good results!

EG, yung weights ba is in lbs? ang bigat pala ng mga binubuhat nyo

bench press ko kasi is 20 lbs lang (kakahiya) pero 12 reps 4 sets. a month ago nga 10 lbs lang so i consider it accomplishment na din na tumaas strength ko.

thanks.

ps.. which is better? dumbels or barbels para sa bench press / chest press?

thanks again.