Build A Model Body!

Don na ko sa kakilala ng mentor ko.

Kahit iba ang beliefs nila, techniques etc atleast they respect each other.

Sinasabi ng mentor ko na kakaiba sya. Ganon din sya, di nya ginagawa or inaadvice sa student nya yung techniques ng mentor ko. But di sila nag siraan.

Well thats a perfect example ng deeper level of understanding sa fitness.

It all about respect.

Are you talking about Shirley Quejada or Hercules Callanta?

What is this nonsense?  This is exactly why physical therapists have no business woking as trainers or strength coaches.  It's also caused me to change my major in college since therapy had nothing to do with fitness and the gym.  My time in my Chicago team taught me the value of free weights to rehab injury using compound movements such as squats.

this post is someone who is ignorant about the muscle system in the body.  i think you drop therapy in your college major because your so dumb that you can't even memorize the muscles in your entire body it's origin, action, nerve innervation and attachement.  therapist have no place in the gym.  duhh most fitness experts are PT and not some damn bastards who just went to the gym and have a big body and endorsed himself as a fitness guru. 

This is a discussion on strength, balance...and fitness in general.  Save the rehab talk for clinics.  Funny though, how I've rehabbed guys though strength training, when the could not increase strength, balance, or mobility in their knees, for example, when woking with physical therapists.  One in paticular was 71 and had nearly zero mobility fo 2 years.

The only way to realistically ensure balance is through the use of compound movements.  Common sense.  The human body was not designed to work in an 'isolation' manner.  Isolation is a myth.  Prove to me that the biceps predominantly work in the positive portion of a concentration curl, and I'll give you my car, my condo, and whatever else you want.

is this true, you rehabilitate a 71 y/o guy with nearly zero mobility for two years and you were able to make the guy increase his strength, mobility and balance. wow, your a god.  do you know what's the meaning of almost zero mobility and do you know the result of this zero mobility to our muscles.  when our muscle is not being excersized it atrophies and became very tight.  i hope your not just halucinating.  i have handled so many cases regarding this matter and i know what i'm doing. the reason why i encourgared isolation first before compound is to gain some strength to a particular muscles befefore giving them compound exercises, like in strokes patient. i guess if your this dumb you will give this patient a compound exercise.  well hahahaha i hope he lives.  your right that the body does not work in an isolated manner but mind you there are times that we need this isolation movement to perform a task.  i think the only action that you knew about the biceps is that it flexed the arm.  but if you are a knowledgeble person, you would know that this is not the major action of your biceps brachii.  ohh, i forgot, you did not continue the therapy course because maybe you flank.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   

And from experience, I had no ab development before I did heavy basic movements.  Now my abs are so developed that I can insert a coin in between their ridges when my bodyfat is low.  I train abs diectly maybe 6 weeks per year, and it's more hip flexor training.  I've neve done cruches unless it was part of a competition...and I used to be the skinniest guy in the gym.

Crunches are a waste of time unless you are using heavy weights.  Muscle biopsies of abdominal muscles confims that they are fast twitch muscle fibers, meaning they respond to heavy weights and low reps.  Doing weightless crunches will cause a plateau in 4-6 weeks.

It's also why I can introduce you to hundreds of trainees of mine and Olympus who have abs after 4 months of heavy basic movements when they didn't after years of cunches.  Just go to EGI at LaSalle next week.

i hope you understand the genes.  some people even they do not go to the gym their body is beautiful because of the gym.  take for instance the blacks.  they have nice body but some of them do not go to the gym,  why because of their genes.  i think you don't even know what fast twitch or slow twitch fibers are?  even your explanation is damn wrong. 

The primary function of the abs is to keep you from falling over backwards and snapping your spine in two.  I can't remember the last time I did a 'crunching movement'.  We would look pretty rediculous if our most common movements were crunches...if I saw it in a non-gym setting I'd think it was a seizure and put a stick in their mouths...

So explain to me how I rehabbed a man who suffered horrible back pain for 6 years using pin-pull deadlifts and good mornings in 6 weeks.  He is a regular now to training since he got results through compound movements...and FAST.  This is exactly what is wrong with trainers in mainstream gyms in the Metro...and why I don't hire physical therapists in our two fitness centers.

Sorry to go on the attack on you as a sacrificial lamb, but this kind of thought is one of the problems with the industry...and I intend to fix it.

wow if my abs is weak then my spine would split into two then i would have a spinal cord injury. man your diagnosis is really something even medical expert would think that this is a joke.  the reason why you don't hire PT in the gym because you are frustrated in that course and you flank. 

If you are going to step to me, I'm going ask you to step up.  First I'm going to challenge you to a powerlifting competition and the first attempt for deadlift is going to be 200 kilos, followed by a 150 kilo bench press.

Then you and I are going to do a 5 k race, with a bunch of other things to follow.  I can run it about 20 minutes right now....and I rarely do cardio.

You give tons of bad advice and act like you are the only "real" athlete around here.  Dream on.  A REAL athlete is a balanced individual.

A true endurance athlete does strength training with low reps to increase their stride length and power.  Back in 2000 I was stashed with US Navy Seals and I had a chance to work out with them quite a few times when I was waiting for Aviation flight school.  These guys routinely lifted using heavy free weights and did plenty of running...and routinely won marathons in their cities or regions.

If you want to accept my challenge, meet me at Eclipse in the next 3 weeks when I'll be available to embarrass cocky board members.

you know what, challenging someone because your body is so damn good is not really a big challege to me. i seen a lot of instructors who have a good built but their rationalization to a certain exercise is for those fools. i think you belong in this category. i know the muscles in your whole body and their action. i also know the rationale in all exercises performed in the body.

hey adrean nice body.

i hope by next week makabalik na me sa gym. na miss ko na talaga.

may nakita na akong malapit dito sa amin.

yung plano kong bumili ng gym equipment tinigil ko na kasi malungkot pag ikaw lang mag isa.

kilala mo na po yon....

Interested na ko sa mga talagang trainers....

Iba iba ang techniques but very ethical....

Ayoko na don sa mga trainers sa tabi tabi, yung mayayabang na malaki....

Which one? feel free to let me know which one.... I always say that you'll know a good coach since he/she makes complicated things very simple and respects his colleagues..

kuya dj no offense po....

But sometimes our muscle act unrationale....

Building up your body is not an exact science.... Yes there are principles and guidlines to avoid injury.... But each people has different muscle reactions....

Pano kung slow twitch ang muscle mo???? Di ka pede sa program ng fast twitch people.... Pano kung mas mataas ang testoterone level ng katawan ko compare sa iba? Pano kung mas bata ako sa iba?

No offense po ha.

sir when i mean rationale i mean, i yung logical explanation and not muscle contraction rationale.

regarding slow and fast twitch muscle fibers here is an article about this for you to understand. hindi yata kasi alam ng isang nagpost kung ano ibig sabihin nito.

There are actually three types of muscle fibers found in the human body: slow twitch, fast twitch A, and fast twitch B. Slow twitch muscle fibers are used primarily in aerobic activity. ( These longer muscle fibers are highly resistant to fatigue, but they have a slower contraction time than fast twitch muscles. Endurance athletes, such as distance runners, have a high percentage of slow twitch muscle fibers in the body. Furthermore, the activities of daily life, most importantly, maintaining correct posture, are run by these slow twitch or long muscle fibers.

Meanwhile, fast twitch muscle fibers have a quick contraction time and have a low tolerance for extended activities. These muscles are used primarily for anaerobic activities, or exercise that is conducted in quick, strong bursts. These fast twitch or short muscle fibers are divided into two categories: A, and B. Fast twitch A fibers are used for "prolonged" anaerobic activity, such as sprinting 400 meters or swimming a 50 meter race. Fast twitch B fibers have an extremely low resistance to fatigue-- these muscles tire the most easily of any muscle fibers. B fibers are used for very short anaerobic activities such as heavy weight lifting, extremely short sprints (50-100 meters), shot put, and long jump.

To a great extent, a particular athlete's body composition is genetically determined, and this includes the proportion of slow and fast twitch muscle fibers in the body. As a coach or player, you will be able to tell which members of your team have slow twitch fibers as opposed to fast twitch fibers. Those athletes who can run for longer periods of time out on the field will have a greater proportion of slow twitch fibers, and those who are the fastest, or can kick the ball the hardest or farthest, will have a greater proportion of fast twitch fibers. Coaches should place their players in positions that compliment their muscle composition. For example, those players with the most endurance, i.e., slow twitch fibers, will be good at the midfield position, which requires a lot of steady running throughout the game. Sprinters with fast twitch A fibers will do well at striker or wing, where they have to make runs and defeat a defender. Likewise, you can also place those sprinters with fast twitch B muscles at defender, where they will be required to match sprints with opposing forwards and also deliver the ball out of the defensive third with strong passes and kicks.

overall, you can change the type of muscle fibers in your body depending on your work out routine.

you know what, challenging someone because your body is so damn good is not really a big challege to me.  i seen a lot of instructors who have a good built but their rationalization to a certain exercise is for those fools.  i think you belong in this category.  i know the muscles in your whole body and their action.  i also know the rationale in all exercises performed in the body.

Do you? This has nothing to do with the body being good or not.

Let's review:

QUOTE(Eclipseguy @ Jun 5 2006, 12:29 AM)

What is this nonsense? This is exactly why physical therapists have no business woking as trainers or strength coaches. It's also caused me to change my major in college since therapy had nothing to do with fitness and the gym. My time in my Chicago team taught me the value of free weights to rehab injury using compound movements such as squats.

this post is someone who is ignorant about the muscle system in the body. i think you drop therapy in your college major because your so dumb that you can't even memorize the muscles in your entire body it's origin, action, nerve innervation and attachement.

<<As a biochemistry major, I know it as well....seeing as how biochem is harder than PT, you know what you can lick. Making an assumption about my intelligence is pathetic to say the least. I argue based on facts...and the facts are that you know very little about being an athlete or the way the body really works.

therapist have no place in the gym. duhh most fitness experts are PT and not some damn bastards who just went to the gym and have a big body and endorsed himself as a fitness guru.

ONLY IN THE PHILIPPINES YOU DOOFUS. IT IS NOT A WORLD-WIDE STANDARD

This is a discussion on strength, balance...and fitness in general. Save the rehab talk for clinics. Funny though, how I've rehabbed guys though strength training, when the could not increase strength, balance, or mobility in their knees, for example, when woking with physical therapists. One in paticular was 71 and had nearly zero mobility fo 2 years.

The only way to realistically ensure balance is through the use of compound movements. Common sense. The human body was not designed to work in an 'isolation' manner. Isolation is a myth. Prove to me that the biceps predominantly work in the positive portion of a concentration curl, and I'll give you my car, my condo, and whatever else you want.

is this true, you rehabilitate a 71 y/o guy with nearly zero mobility for two years and you were able to make the guy increase his strength, mobility and balance. wow, your a god.

Ask Olympus....he knows the guy also. Plus he came from Fitness First, a place fully off doofus PTs that talked down to him like a child. I'm suprised that he didn't put your ilk over his knee and spank you. I would have if I was him. The PT's there, from his own words, were CLUELESS as how to help him.

do you know what's the meaning of almost zero mobility and do you know the result of this zero mobility to our muscles. when our muscle is not being excersized it atrophies and became very tight. i hope your not just halucinating. i have handled so many cases regarding this matter and i know what i'm doing. the reason why i encourgared isolation first before compound is to gain some strength to a particular muscles befefore giving them compound exercises, like in strokes patient.

Uh...genius...we are talking about the GYM...not a rehab clinic where YOU'D ACTUALLY SEE STROKE PATIENTS. Are you for real?!?

i guess if your this dumb you will give this patient a compound exercise. well hahahaha i hope he lives.

I'm talking about gym-goers and you are talking about something else completely...and I'M THE DUMB ONE?!? HAHAHAHA :boo:

your right that the body does not work in an isolated manner but mind you there are times that we need this isolation movement to perform a task. i think the only action that you knew about the biceps is that it flexed the arm. but if you are a knowledgeble person, you would know that this is not the major action of your biceps brachii. ohh, i forgot, you did not continue the therapy course because maybe you flank.

No...because it was incredibly freakin' boring and had NOTHING TO DO with a gymnasium environment. I DO NOT enjoy working with stroke patients...so I chose not to do so. And you are WRONG. The biceps DOES NOT flex the arm. Read Muscles Alive. It should be required reading for a PT if it is not...or maybe you can't retain what you read. Oops...I made an assumption. I was kidding about the last thing about what you might or might not have done. :thumbsupsmiley:

And from experience, I had no ab development before I did heavy basic movements. Now my abs are so developed that I can insert a coin in between their ridges when my bodyfat is low. I train abs diectly maybe 6 weeks per year, and it's more hip flexor training. I've neve done cruches unless it was part of a competition...and I used to be the skinniest guy in the gym.

Crunches are a waste of time unless you are using heavy weights. Muscle biopsies of abdominal muscles confims that they are fast twitch muscle fibers, meaning they respond to heavy weights and low reps. Doing weightless crunches will cause a plateau in 4-6 weeks.

It's also why I can introduce you to hundreds of trainees of mine and Olympus who have abs after 4 months of heavy basic movements when they didn't after years of cunches. Just go to EGI at LaSalle next week.

i hope you understand the genes. some people even they do not go to the gym their body is beautiful because of the gym. take for instance the blacks. they have nice body but some of them do not go to the gym, why because of their genes. i think you don't even know what fast twitch or slow twitch fibers are? even your explanation is damn wrong.

Where is my explanation wrong? Tell me so I can decisively shred your pointless arguments even further. Genetics? I was 5'10" and 115lbs when I begain training. It took me 4 YEARS to get past 130lbs. Now I'm 179 16 years later because I know what the hell I'm doing. Let's compare guys I've trained to guys you've trained....and girls too. Better yet, let's have them do a drug test. Mine will be the first to line up to take it.

QUOTE(Eclipseguy @ Jun 5 2006, 12:49 AM)

The primary function of the abs is to keep you from falling over backwards and snapping your spine in two. I can't remember the last time I did a 'crunching movement'. We would look pretty rediculous if our most common movements were crunches...if I saw it in a non-gym setting I'd think it was a seizure and put a stick in their mouths...

So explain to me how I rehabbed a man who suffered horrible back pain for 6 years using pin-pull deadlifts and good mornings in 6 weeks. He is a regular now to training since he got results through compound movements...and FAST. This is exactly what is wrong with trainers in mainstream gyms in the Metro...and why I don't hire physical therapists in our two fitness centers.

Sorry to go on the attack on you as a sacrificial lamb, but this kind of thought is one of the problems with the industry...and I intend to fix it.

wow if my abs is weak then my spine would split into two then i would have a spinal cord injury. man your diagnosis is really something even medical expert would think that this is a joke. the reason why you don't hire PT in the gym because you are frustrated in that course and you flank.

Did you even READ...or possibly UNDERSTAND what I even wrote? Your reply is complete nonsense and gibberish that is completely unrelated to what was my point. You're a fun guy...really :blink:

QUOTE(Eclipseguy @ Jun 5 2006, 10:14 PM)

If you are going to step to me, I'm going ask you to step up. First I'm going to challenge you to a powerlifting competition and the first attempt for deadlift is going to be 200 kilos, followed by a 150 kilo bench press.

Then you and I are going to do a 5 k race, with a bunch of other things to follow. I can run it about 20 minutes right now....and I rarely do cardio.

You give tons of bad advice and act like you are the only "real" athlete around here. Dream on. A REAL athlete is a balanced individual.

A true endurance athlete does strength training with low reps to increase their stride length and power. Back in 2000 I was stashed with US Navy Seals and I had a chance to work out with them quite a few times when I was waiting for Aviation flight school. These guys routinely lifted using heavy free weights and did plenty of running...and routinely won marathons in their cities or regions.

If you want to accept my challenge, meet me at Eclipse in the next 3 weeks when I'll be available to embarrass cocky board members.

And from experience, I had no ab development before I did heavy basic movements. Now my abs are so developed that I can insert a coin in between their ridges when my bodyfat is low. I train abs diectly maybe 6 weeks per year, and it's more hip flexor training. I've neve done cruches unless it was part of a competition...and I used to be the skinniest guy in the gym.

Crunches are a waste of time unless you are using heavy weights. Muscle biopsies of abdominal muscles confims that they are fast twitch muscle fibers, meaning they respond to heavy weights and low reps. Doing weightless crunches will cause a plateau in 4-6 weeks.

It's also why I can introduce you to hundreds of trainees of mine and Olympus who have abs after 4 months of heavy basic movements when they didn't after years of cunches. Just go to EGI at LaSalle next week.

i hope you understand the genes. some people even they do not go to the gym their body is beautiful because of the gym. take for instance the blacks. they have nice body but some of them do not go to the gym, why because of their genes. i think you don't even know what fast twitch or slow twitch fibers are? even your explanation is damn wrong.

Where is my explanation wrong? Tell me so I can decisively shred your pointless arguments even further. Genetics? I was 5'10" and 115lbs when I begain training. It took me 4 YEARS to get past 130lbs. Now I'm 179 16 years later because I know what the hell I'm doing. Let's compare guys I've trained to guys you've trained....and girls too. Better yet, let's have them do a drug test. Mine will be the first to line up to take it.

If you are going to step to me, I'm going ask you to step up.  First I'm going to challenge you to a powerlifting competition and the first attempt for deadlift is going to be 200 kilos, followed by a 150 kilo bench press.

Then you and I are going to do a 5 k race, with a bunch of other things to follow.  I can run it about 20 minutes right now....and I rarely do cardio.

You give tons of bad advice and act like you are the only "real" athlete around here.  Dream on.  A REAL athlete is a balanced individual.

A true endurance athlete does strength training with low reps to increase their stride length and power.  Back in 2000 I was stashed with US Navy Seals and I had a chance to work out with them quite a few times when I was waiting for Aviation flight school.  These guys routinely lifted using heavy free weights and did plenty of running...and routinely won marathons in their cities or regions.

And if you are a woman, I'll put you up against the Men's Health Challenge winner, Coach Elaine. Even I wouldn't want to go head-to-head with her if we had (and we would) to handicap bodymass. At 105lbs, she's stronger than 98% of the guys at Eclipse.

im sure that experience plays a crucial role in ascertaining what is the correct thing to do... however, i still think that the true skill in any trainer lies in his or her ability to properly assess his or her clients... there are a lot of people out there who do know a lot of theories but cannot apply them correctly to the other people that they are teaching... hence the argument that a true genius is the worst teacher...

In any case, i think the main point in all of this is results... The results will always be the true benchmark of success... and since the results in anything that we do physically have SO MANY VARIABLES FOR IT TO REALLY SUCCEED, its really hard to pinpoint who is right and who is wrong...

We just all have to learn from this, despite the derrogatory results... quite frankly, though i find these arguments bizzarely amusing, i have learned a s@%t load of info here that i wouldn't have learned from reading a magazine...

im sure that experience plays a crucial role in ascertaining what is the correct thing to do... however, i still think that the true skill in any trainer lies in his or her ability to properly assess his or her clients...  there are a lot of people out there who do know a lot of theories but cannot apply them correctly to the other people that they are teaching... hence the argument that a true genius is the worst teacher... 

In any case, i think the main point in all of this is results... The results will always be the true benchmark of success... and since the results in anything that we do physically have SO MANY VARIABLES FOR IT TO REALLY SUCCEED, its really hard to pinpoint who is right and who is wrong... 

We just all have to learn from this, despite the derrogatory results... quite frankly, though i find these arguments bizzarely amusing, i have learned a s@%t load of info here that i wouldn't have learned from reading a magazine...

This is so true...and it's where experience is everything. The problem with PT's is that their so-called "gym-based education" leaves them extraordinarily closed minded. It is the average gym-goer who suffers as a result. If physical therapists were such great personal trainers, gyms would be booming. As director of Eclipse, I can tell you with 100% certainty that feedback that I hear about physcial therapists from their past clients who are now my members is resoundly negative.

Physical therapists turn into personal trainers because they can't get jobs in therapy clinics. I'm not making fun of this, believe it or not. They took it up years ago thinking that they'd get a job abroad, yet now they wallow in the fitness industry, for reasons I'll never understand seeing as how their education has nothing to do with sports science.. Let's hope the same thing doesn't happen to all of the nursing students.

ei eclipseguy, ill take you up on yer challenge... a friendly take up though... :D  no competition here... just that its always goodd to have a solid goal every now and then... 3 weeks from now?

Sure thing bro...let's do it :) It's an excuse for me to do HIIT like I should be doing anyway. The strength part is down pat...the conditioning part has been crap while we are opening EGI :P

thats a weird thing that you say... cause i have seen this happen before... i used to see a sports doctor for my problems... Dr. Noel Bate.. Funny thing is that he was not a sports therapist, he was a sprts doctor... I think the distinction has to be made.. In defense to physical therapists, i think the best thing that they can do for you is pain management... that is a very important aspect in any form of medicine so therefore should not be taken lightly...

But i do agree that sports therapists will be at a loss when muscle start to go on a level of hypertrophy... It is true that the body will still fall inside certain laws and principles of physiology and kinesiology but there are other aspects in the human body that becomes very variable...

for example...

there are some studies that show the best athletes are not the ones who are necessarily the strongest or the quickest or the best genes etc... the best athletes are the ones who can take the most amount of pain... You can be sooooo genetically gifted but if you cant take the pain... never will really get anywhere... tolerance for pain is also a very abstract characteristic... some people can argue that pain tolerance can be directly rated to the ability of the body to send neural impulses and that some people are just not as CNS sensitive... but others will say that this is a measure of discipline and mental conditioning... and that tolerance for pain is achieved from sheer force of will... we will never really know will we...

And if you are a woman, I'll put you up against the Men's Health Challenge winner, Coach Elaine.  Even I wouldn't want to go head-to-head with her if we had (and we would) to handicap bodymass.  At 105lbs, she's stronger than 98% of the guys at Eclipse.

Even I wouldn't wanna go head to head with her... She totally pawns most if not all guys in any gym

thats a weird thing that you say... cause i have seen this happen before... i used to see a sports doctor for my problems... Dr. Noel Bate.. Funny thing is that he was not a sports therapist, he was a sprts doctor... I think the distinction has to be made.. In defense to physical therapists, i think the best thing that they can do for you is pain management... that is a very important aspect in any form of medicine so therefore should not be taken lightly...

But i do agree that sports therapists will be at a loss when muscle start to go on a level of hypertrophy... It is true that the body will still fall inside certain laws and principles of physiology and kinesiology but there are other aspects in the human body that becomes very variable...

for example...

there are some studies that show the best athletes are not the ones who are necessarily the strongest or the quickest or the best genes etc... the best athletes are the ones who can take the most amount of pain... You can be sooooo genetically gifted but if you cant take the pain... never will really get anywhere... tolerance for pain is also a very abstract characteristic... some people can argue that pain tolerance can be directly rated to the ability of the body to send neural impulses and that some people are just not as CNS sensitive... but others will say that this is a measure of discipline and mental conditioning... and that tolerance for pain is achieved from sheer force of will... we will never really know will we...

We might know someday. The Russians knew tons of things that we are still translating to this day. Olympus and myself spend a great deal of time pouring over Russian training literature that has been translated by various sports scientists who defected to the West.

Sports and conditioning really is a science...and a discipline completely unrelated to pain management....unless you are talking about overtraining. I'm pretty sure overtraining wasn't covered in PT. :P

for example...

I think some guys who can zone in and have tunnel vision are also gifted since they most likely will be able to withstand the pain

As a biochemistry major, I know it as well....seeing as how biochem is harder than PT, you know what you can lick. Making an assumption about my intelligence is pathetic to say the least. I argue based on facts...and the facts are that you know very little about being an athlete or the way the body really works.

Yah right biochem is harder than PT. give me a break. if your argument is based on facts, well check your facts again. i also based my argument on what i have learned and experienced. i don't give advice to somebody and tell them to stick to it. it's up to them if they want to hear me out or not.

Ask Olympus....he knows the guy also. Plus he came from Fitness First, a place fully off doofus PTs that talked down to him like a child. I'm suprised that he didn't put your ilk over his knee and spank you. I would have if I was him. The PT's there, from his own words, were CLUELESS as how to help him.

i guess the PT's your are referring to are those who do not have any gym experience at all. do not compare me to them. i know what i'm saying.

Uh...genius...we are talking about the GYM...not a rehab clinic where YOU'D ACTUALLY SEE STROKE PATIENTS. Are you for real?!?

i hope you trackback your post. you said that you rehabilitate a 71 y/o with almost zero mobility. i know that topic is all about the gym. i'm just giving some example. why, haven't you had a stroke patient in your gym. well, i guess if someone approached you with this condition you will be entirely clueless how to deal with his case. don't you know that even PT's in the states require their patient to go to the gym to further increase their strength.

No...because it was incredibly freakin' boring and had NOTHING TO DO with a gymnasium environment. I DO NOT enjoy working with stroke patients...so I chose not to do so. And you are WRONG. The biceps DOES NOT flex the arm. Read Muscles Alive. It should be required reading for a PT if it is not...or maybe you can't retain what you read. Oops...I made an assumption. I was kidding about the last thing about what you might or might not have done. :thumbsupsmiley:

read my post again. i'm the one asking you the action of your biceps and explain to me why it is so? the biceps does not flex the arm? i thought your answer is based on faqs. In what literature did you encounter this one. maybe your the one who could not retain or understand what you read.

i hope you improve your explanation as well as your grammar. it took you 4 years, man your program that time is not good. you should check your faqs again :D :D

Did you even READ...or possibly UNDERSTAND what I even wrote? Your reply is complete nonsense and gibberish that is completely unrelated to what was my point. You're a fun guy...really

i think we're both funny guys here. i hope you read your own post. if my reply is nonsense that is because the person i'm replying is a nonsene person. well better not to reply again. i don't want to be qouted same birds with the same feathers flock together.

i admit that you must be bigger and stronger than me but i will not step down on your level. i hope you react in a professional way or are you?

hehehehehehe... havent had the chance to tabata method yet... probably when i lose my job an decide to take a gun to my head, i will do tabata method as a form of masochism... hehehehehehhe

true true.. white zone... described as the ability of some bikers have to bolt away from the pack at the crucial moment...

and i beg to disagree though.. i get tunnel vision a lot and i am still far from being the athlete that i want to be... wait a minute, i think the tunnel vision was from too much "recreational" pharmaceuticals... :D

We might know someday.  The Russians knew tons of things that we are still translating to this day.  Olympus and myself spend a great deal of time pouring over Russian training literature that has been translated by various sports scientists who defected to the West.

Sports and conditioning really is a science...and a discipline completely unrelated to pain management....unless you are talking about overtraining.  I'm pretty sure overtraining wasn't covered in PT.  :P

And to think we've only started learning how to properly use linear and conjugate periodization....

I wonder what will happen once we master the art of the oscillating wave and undulating periodization?

The Russians were ahead of their time in terms of sports science, and to think some of thier old stuff is still undiscovered by many today

point of fact.. there really was no communism to speak of... even at the height of russian power.. at best it was an extreme socialist country... hehehehehhehehe.. lalang...

3 weeks... i will have to brush up on my running... good excuse to run more and do better hiit...