Build A Model Body!

MGA PARE COMMENT OF THIS.

MY BACKGOUND

MY HEIGHT IS 5'9 , WEIGHT 170LBS.

MEDYO P OK N BUILT KO PERO DI PA BUO.

MY CONSUMED PROTEIN PER DAY IS 139 GRAMS 90G CARBS AND 28G FAT.

CALORIES KO PER DAY IS 1900+,

I LIFT MODERATED TO HEAVY SETS, 12-8 REPS, 4-3 SETS PER EXERCISE.

MY PROBLEM

I WANT TO GET MORE BIG, BUT I ALSO WANT TO TRIM MY ABS.

MEDYO OK N UPPER ABS KO, LABAS N KONTI.

MY PROBLEM IS THE LOWER, MAY FLAB P RIN (PERO NOT THAT BIG).

MY SOLUTION

IM GOING TO CHANGE MY DIET.

IM GOING TO DO LIQUID PROTEIN DIET.

6 PROTEIN SHAKES AND 2 MEALS OF OATS A DAY.

QUESTION

OK LANG BA GAWIN ITO?

WHATS YOUR PERSONAL OPIONS AND SAY

THANKS

;)

MY BACKGOUND

MY PROBLEM

MY SOLUTION

QUESTION

OK LANG BA GAWIN ITO?

THANKS

;)

You need to be eating more to build more muscle... Clean up your diet and you may manage to build more muscle and minimize fat gain, therefore resulting in a higher overall lean muscle percentage of your body composition

for your training routine... I'd suggest do a basic 5x5 www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1... this has worked for many guys in our gym and they are getting leaner and stronger by combining the 5x5 and HIIT or Tabata method.

Peeps share ko rin yung program ko... I asked our instructor sa gym to make me a program designed for losing weight...

i do this alternately every other day:

day 1

chest: bench press, dumb bell flye, inclined dumb bell press, inclined dumbell flye, atsaka yung parang extension hihiga ka then you carry ine dumbbell above your chest and slowly lower it beyond your head (sorry i forgot the name)

shoulders: military press, side dumbell raise and yun parang i-ra-raise mo yung barbell up to your chin (sorry I forgot the name again)

triceps: triceps kickback and pushdown

day 2:

back: lat pull down, seated rows, close-grip pull down

legs: leg press, leg curl, leg extension

biceps: barbell curl, dumb bell curl

abs: leg raise, three point ab crunches, and decline crunches

i do abs exercises every session

all of the exercises are 3 sets, 15 reps each... i do cardio on treadmill (25 min)

ang tanong ko lang is this program really designed for losing weight?

and also btw, i run around the block 45 min on days when i don't go to the gym

answer is NO.

if you want to lose weight, do circuit training for 45-60 minutes. Here is my workout:

1) Warmup - 10 mins stationary bike, adjust the resistance that you could feel some burn on your legs, do 90-100 rpms,

2) Proceed to ab workout on sequence, first lower abs 20-30 reps, then proceed quickly to stationary bike without rest, and hammer for 2 minutes hard 100-110 rpms

3) Proceed immediately to oblique workout 20-30 reps, then upper abs 20-30 reps, stationary bike again.

4) Just proceed in sequence like 2) and 3) weights, then bike, weights then bike, until you have covered all body parts, chest, back, biceps, triceps, etc etc.. as long as opposing muscles in succession, ending with the legs, for the legs go for 30-40 reps. (note only 1 to 2 sets each depending on how you feel)

5) cooldown 5 minutes stationary bike.

this is not written in stone, as long as you do all weights in rapid fire succession, with no rest, you are burning fat..

depende sa pangangailangan mo... yer goals.. and also your body type.. personally, I like the whole body workout every so often pag petiks yung work out day... whole body work out is coupled with cardio on cardio days... problem with that is mabilis ka nga lumiit..

MY BACKGOUND

MY PROBLEM

MY SOLUTION

QUESTION

OK LANG BA GAWIN ITO?

THANKS

;)

i don't know how big you are coz i'm not good how to picture an individual.

if you want to get big, you should still eat a lot. take high protein foods as well as some fats and carbo.

this way you will gain a lot since this is your goal. i think the only problem you have is your abs.

doing cardio exercise and stretching your abs helps before doing direct exercise to your abs. The lower abs is really the hardest part to develop since this is not a jointed muscle. just do your usual crunches with high repetitions.

sa bagay...

tanong lang mga chong: ano mas effective for you, whole body workout per day o yung one body part per day workout?

Whole body workout is for those who want to loose weight, while one body part workout is for those who want to gain weight.

Actually, fullbody workouts can also give the same benefits of split workouts regardless of one's goals be it muscle gain, fatloss, athletic enhanecment or general conditing... Most american football teams use fullbody workouts such as the 5x5.. most general public gym goers use bodypart split workouts. Powerlifters usally use movement type or major lift an assistance lifts splits

Actually, fullbody workouts can also give the same benefits of split workouts regardless of one's goals be it muscle gain, fatloss, athletic enhanecment or general conditing... Most american football teams use fullbody workouts such as the 5x5.. most general public gym goers use bodypart split workouts. Powerlifters usally use movement type or major lift an assistance lifts splits

yeah whole body workout din ako! idol ko yung mga nasa american football team eh.. lupet ng mga katawan nila! :cool:

DOGMA AND TRAINING ADVICE

I have come to the conclusion that weight training is either one of the simplest things in the world, or the most complicated. Developing impressive strength and muscular development seems to be a matter of simply stressing the muscle with increased loads in order to force them to respond with greater strength and muscular development and then feeding them with the appropriate nutrition.

On the other hand, if the average trainee begins reading just sampling of the available literature available on strength and development training, they will immediately see differing opinions, conflicts and dogmatic statements, which can cause them to lose faith in their own training program. Doubt, confusion and frustration can wreak havoc on your progress. It is vitally important that you have confidence in your program even if it is not quite where you want it to be. Stick with the fundamentals of resistance training and combine that with consistent goal setting and record keeping, and you will be on your way to realizing your maximum strength and development potential. Along the way, you can experiment and add some variety to your training plan. I am constantly "tinkering" with and fine-tuning my training regime, but I never stray from the fundamentals.

When I began lifting weights at age 14, which was 1979; the main problem was finding information. There were very few books in those days, retail stores did not sell bodybuilding and lifting magazines and the internet was still 15 years away. Back then you learned as much as you could from those who had gone before you and figured out how to apply it into your own training. Many times this was done by trial and error.

Today there seems to be too much information. I believe one of the most important things is to have CONFIDENCE in your training and nutritional programs. If you lack this confidence, then you will also be second-guessing yourself, you will hold back in your efforts and you will constantly be changing your program as you read and hear about new and better programs. You have to stay with the basics of one program long enough to realize the long-term results. An "average" program that is done consistently and with enthusiasm is FAR BETTER than an outstanding program that is done intermittently and with hesitation.

There are many great training and nutritional programs available-virtually all are effective to some degree or another. Training is a much an ART as it is a science. We can use science to explain certain things and to fine tune our training, but I think its a gross error to try and use scientific research to justify a certain person's training principles as "superior". Different people require different things ( I have always had a hunch that a lot of this was psychological--but then again we all have individual mental parameters)

It is often brought up that a person can be very knowledgeable about training even if they have limited personal strength and development. I agree that they can have the knowledge, but they also need the wisdom and experiences of having been in the trenches themselves. People will often point out that there have been several great coaches in the NBA, who were not very good players themselves. This is certainly true, but you can search the world over and you will find very few good coaches-of any kind who did not pay their dues by working their way up the ranks. There are many stories of coaches who were terrible players, but loved the game and they started volunteer coaching at a local high school-with no pay and then learned and perfected their knowledge and eventually fielded winning teams and then they moved on to the next level and so on until they reached the top.

You could go to any college and university in the nation and find all kinds of professors with MBA's and PhD's in business who know "business" inside and out--but if they have never run a business and faced all of the thousands of challenges that a businessman faces, then they are not qualified to advise those who seek to become successful in business.

People, especially those who are in teaching or advising roles will tend to emphasize or promote that which they are very good at and tend to downplay that which they are not good at-its human nature and just about all of us do it, whether we intend to or not.

With the advent of the internet, there are many, many self-acclaimed gurus-and its often hard to separate them from the legitimate folks who want to help others. Use the internet and various sources as a 'buffet" taking information that you need-applying to your training-keeping written records and using yourself as your own experiment and then deciding whether to keep or discard this bit of wisdom. You will find the best trainers are NOT dogmatic about their programs-they will seldom if ever say-"This is the best or only way to train, eat, etc" People who say that tend to have an ego or financial angle and usually both. When they say "never" or "always" it tends to be about things that are pretty obvious. If I posted a thread and said something like "Never eat broken glass before or after a workout", you would all say, "Um, Keith, that is pretty obvious"-my point exactly.

I hope some of this made some sense.

"The best training advice always comes from the pages of my own personal training journal"

Keith Wassung

for fatloss, some HIIT for 15 minutes has worked well for many guys in our gym. here' s a sample HIIT treadmill workout:

jog 2 minutes, run 30 seconds, jog  15 seconds, sprint 20 seconds, jog 5 seconds, sprint 30 secondss.. you get the drift... do this for about 15 minutes and you'll rev up your metabolism by up to 50% for the rest of the day...

There are many cardio workouts (short and intense, long and slow) To determine what is best for fatloss is look for the workout that makes you keep on burning calories long after the workout.

On a side note, I gues this is one reason why many people who have started doing boxing seem to lose a lot of weight, boxing's energy system requirement is very similar to that of HIIT

Ok so that's what HIIT is... Let me tell how do cardio at the treadmill... i warm up for like 7 minutes (increasing speed from 2kph to 4kph... then i maintain there and jog like two minutes... i speed up to 6 or 7, for thirty seconds and slow down at 3.5 (i walk) for thirty seconds and do them alternately for like 8 minutes... then my last 5 minutes is devoted maintaining at 3.5 kph while increasing the incline every 30 seconds... and i cool down for 5 min... is this method an efficient cardio?

when i run on my off-gym days... i do warm up jogs like what you mentioned in HIIT for 2 min... and sprint/walk every 30 seconds...

i often see guys and girls training for boxing... yeah maybe that's one way to for an effective weight loss and now what you tell me, it is...

answer is NO.

if you want to lose weight, do circuit training for 45-60 minutes. Here is my workout:

1) Warmup - 10 mins stationary bike, adjust the resistance that you could feel some burn on your legs, do 90-100 rpms,

2)  Proceed to ab workout on sequence, first lower abs 20-30 reps, then proceed quickly to stationary bike without rest, and hammer for 2 minutes hard 100-110 rpms

3) Proceed immediately to oblique workout 20-30 reps, then upper abs 20-30 reps, stationary bike again.

4) Just proceed in sequence like 2) and 3)  weights, then bike, weights then bike, until you have covered all body parts, chest, back, biceps, triceps, etc etc.. as long as opposing muscles in succession,  ending with the legs, for the legs go for 30-40 reps.  (note only 1 to 2 sets each depending on how you feel)

5) cooldown 5 minutes stationary bike.

this is not written in stone, as long as you do all weights in rapid fire succession, with no rest, you are burning fat..

Thanks THUG, I've done circuits before... and I tell you parang mamamatay ako but it's worth it, i've lost some weight... and the good thing our gym instructor (in Davao) motivated me... but the downside with circuits are... you can't really do it especially if the gym is packed up every time of the day... i'll take not what you mentioned here.

while i was reviewing for the board exams... i work out non stop for six days a week and also keeps a daily journal of what i do that day and the food that i eat... and the results were great... but now I'm so lazy I even have to literally push myself to workout.

Sounds like overtraining symptoms... that's why I don't recommend training more than 3x/wk

KUya Olympus i would answer that.

Ako din I tend to trainer harder pag may mga test or finals na.

Medyo outlet yon pang papabawas ng Brian stress. Talagang parang overtraining for the body pero helpfull sa brain.

Are you talking about overreaching?

I was also working out duringmy thesis days, cut back a bit but still trained. Right after defense, I went back with full intensity