Build A Model Body!

question.....if you got outrageous flabs around your midsection, do you still have to do the abs exercises while on a diet OR would you do the abs exercises once your body weight becomes normal....I posted this question coz' there are some people who would tell you that crunches are not going to give u a sixpack...they say diet is the key....I believe in this premise however i am uncertain as to effect of crunches during weight loss and not after.

Edited by Waterbearer
Sa kin kasi, I do crunches to have stronger abs. Also pag nagcrunches ako lumalaki yungmuscle ng abs ko.

Still merong fats. Since adult na ko, develop na ang abs ko kahit merong fast on top it.

Para makita ko yung muscle fiber at cuts ng abs ko, nagcacardio ako with a well designed diet.

In general para mawala yung fats ng tummy, magcardio ka at magdiet.

Kung ano ang magiging itsura ng muscles ng abs mo, it depends on your genetics at previous activites.

Yung abs ko di pantay yung horizontal lines, I dont even know kung 6pac yon or 4 pacs. Pero kung bibilangin yung pandesal ng abs ko, 5 ang nabibilang ko.

You better judge it na lang, nakapost naman yung pics eh

I think it's genetically predetermined kung pantay pantay yung ab packs mo o hindi... basta pag visible siya importante na yun... it's true that in order for your abs to show you have to remove the layer of fat that covers them by doing cardio, etc... to have massive abs...you do ab exercises...

I think it's genetically predetermined kung pantay pantay yung ab packs mo o hindi... basta pag visible siya importante na yun... it's true that in order for your abs to show you have to remove the layer of fat that covers them by doing cardio, etc... to have massive abs...you do ab exercises...

Well said! I know many guys who have a six pack and don't do direct ab work while I know others who do thousands of crunches but don't have a six pack to show

negative... the muscles tissue in the penis is more of connective muscle tissue lung similar to fascia... not the type that can be developed... however i am quite disturbed that its not true na nakaka liit ng penis ang work out... kaya nga ako nag wowork out eh... to fix THAT PROBLEM of mine... ahihihihihih!!!!!

joke lang mga pre.. masyado na nagiging seryoso todits...

Here is an article for you to understand. Hindi po similar yung muscle tissue ng penis sa fascia, yes you are right that it is a connective tissue but there are types of connective tissue.

The penis is composed of three chambers; the two cavernous bodies (or corpora cavernosa) which lie side by side on the top of the penis, and the spongy body (or corpus spongiosum) which is centered below the other two. The spongy body surrounds the urethra, and extends out the end of the shaft to form the glans. All three chambers contain small hollow areas that can fill with blood to produce an erection. Surrounding all three bodies is a semi-elastic membrane called the tunica albuginea. The arteries that feed blood to the penis are surrounded by smooth muscle fibers that normally limit blood flow to the penis. When a man is aroused by thought, sight, or physical stimulation, the muscle fiber relaxes and blood flow into the penis increases. The spongy tissue of the penis fills with blood, causing the penis to swell. The size of the erect penis is governed by the tunica albuginea membrane, just as a bicycle tire limits the expansion of the inner tube inside it. As with a bike tire, once the limit of the membrane is reached, further pressure results in firmness rather than expansion. The veins that drain the penis lie close to the surface, and are compressed by the erection, thus slowing flow of blood from the penis.

The only muscle in the penis is the smooth muscle fiber that controls erection, and this muscle can not be built up in the same way skeletal muscles can be. Even if this muscle could be strengthen, doing so would only serve to reduce blood flow to the unerect penis, making it smaller. In order to lengthen the penis the tunica albuginea and the spongy bodies would all have to be lengthened. The tunica albuginea is flexible to a point, but repeated stretching does not lengthen it the way the ear lobes can be lengthened.

Ewan ko kung coconsider nyo matinong tanong ito.

Anong effect sa mga girls pag sinaswallow nila yung sperm?

Since rich yon sa protien di ba dapat may mga positive effects sa kanila yon?

wala pong masyadong positive effects. although it's protein, it is not enough to give you your protein supplements. unless siguro 5x times a day lagi siya umiinom ng sperm. hehehehe

question.....if you got outrageous flabs around your midsection, do you still have to do the abs exercises while on a diet OR would you do the abs exercises once your body weight becomes normal....I posted this question coz' there are some people who would tell you that crunches are not going to give u a sixpack...they say diet is the key....I believe in this premise however i am uncertain as to effect of crunches during weight loss and not after.

exercises is not enough to get rid of those fats in the midsection. the reason why there is a lot of fats in our belly, it is because that our intestines absorbs the most fats in our body. kahit na anong exercise ang gawin mo pero pinapabayaan mo yung food intake mo ay mahirap talagang mawala yan. kaya dapat take a look of your diet. tama rin yung ibang nagpost na genetics also plays a big role pagdating sa built ng muscles natin. so if your not genetically gifted, dapat eat properly and do regular exercises.

OH MY F$*&NG GOD ANDREAN!?! HOW DO YOU LIVE!?!

not for anything but one of the reasons I work out as well is so that I can occassionally enjoy some of life's guilty pleasures... What is the point in trying to live a healthy long life if you don't even try to live it...?

in any case, saludo ako sayo though andrean... takes a lot of hard work to do what you do... For me, not worth the bother... I might not look like million bucks at the end of the day but at least I managed to enjoy my several huindreds of pesoses on good crispy pata, kare kare and ice cream with some friends... :D

http://www.ast-ss.com/max-ot/max-ot_intro.asp

This is the only way to work out for men..forget about what you've learned..this is best method..=)

It will work an I have personally talked to Marvin Ward, who is a member of team AST. One major drawback of this program is that it will quickly fry your CNS. It does give a good sense of how to train smarter, yet I don't agree on training to failure

It will work an I have personally talked to Marvin Ward, who is a member of team AST. One major drawback of this program is that it will quickly fry your CNS. It does give a good sense of how to train smarter, yet I don't agree on training to failure

kayo naman, nagpapaniwala kayo sa mga ganyan e yang mga napupulot nyo sa web mga ways to earn money for the company owner or article writer yan..

dont believe what this Olympus guy post.. puro mga fake mga post nito e..yung mga napupulot nya sa web na "build your muscle, just register and pay us $" etc..etc.. na yan.. e walang utak yang si Olympus.. ang pinagmamalaki nya na workout nya to build a model body is STRETCHING, SITUP AND PUSHUP.. yan ang workout nya..

and he could only run 1 kilometer for 7 minutes.. my golly.. even a fat couch potato could run 10 kilometers in 60 minutes.. do the math mga friends.. that means he could run the 10K in over 1 hour :D

sa 10k run if you finish over 60 minutes you are considered a PENGUIN.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

so any post of this Olympus guy does not have any credibility into it, since he himself is not fit enough.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Edited by THUG
About sa diet, malaking factor ang metabolism, age, life style, genetics at time of eating.

Generally I recomend to stop eating

1. Pork

2. Beef(depende sa part, but I dont eat beef)

3. Commercial Chocolates ( Cadbury, Hershey, Tofiluck etc)

4. Sympre no alcohol

5. Sugars

6. Seasoning ( Patis, toyo, salt) (Yung tomato ketchup depende)

7. No rice ( ako no rice, yung iba depende ule. Steamed rice ok.)

Sa way of cooking

1. No oil, mantika

2. Dapat steamed, pakulo sa water

3. Yung Grilled dont eat yung sunogs.

Yung kinakain ko

1. Fish, Bangus ako lage

2. Wheat Bread

3. C2 LITE

4. Carnation/Nesvita milk, pede rin yung Anlene read muna yung fat content.

Supplement ko

1. Whey Protien ( just making sure na am taking enough protein)

2. Ripped Fuel Extreme ( Lumalakas talaga ko pag umiinom ako non. I drink it then cardio)

Way of eating, wag yung conventional na 3 big meals. Better yung 6 - 8 light meals a day. Mga every 2-3hours Im eating something. The principle behind this is pagkumakain ka lagi your body keeps on metabolizing food. Pag Big meals naman, sympre may agwat yon, the tendency of the body is to slowdown the metabolization of food. Parang energy conserving sya. Sorry di ko ma explain ng technical eh.

This could work on you, this might not. But this is wat I do.

I salute you pre.. we have the same diet.. very much the same.. except that i dont buy commercial supplements.. just raw egg whites..

add ko lang ha.. when buying milk go for SKIM milk not low fat ok.. and also i drink enervon prime.. complete nutrition ito but low in fat..high protein-low fat, but cheaper than bodybuilding supplements.. read the label..

as for fish naman.. ang yes pag rush na andok's boneless bangus pag walang time magluto.. pag may time naman madalas yellowfin tuna (not the canned, FRESH)

as for wheat bread.. buy wheat bread in bakeries in groceries.. wag yung naka sliced na.. extenders yun.. ang wheat bread na totoo e makunat at matigas.. para syang french bread..

and of course cardio.. 10 kilometer jog everyday.. 20 kilometers on weekend.. :thumbsupsmiley:

and of course.. dont listen to what OLYMPUS is posting.. mali yun!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Dang... thats rich... of course ang pinaka hassle diyan is if mas maganda nga talaga katawan ni olympus kay thug... or worse yet, mas maganda katawan ni Thug... hehehehehe... In any case, Its sad lang na some people can be very judgemental about the different modes of training... In any case, Olympus, work out tayo... sama ka andrean?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Dang... thats rich... of course ang pinaka hassle diyan is if mas maganda nga talaga katawan ni olympus kay thug... or worse yet, mas maganda katawan ni Thug... hehehehehe... In any case, Its sad lang na some people can be very judgemental about the different modes of training... In any case, Olympus, work out tayo... sama ka andrean?

ano ba definition mo ng magandang katawan? bulging muscles na katulad ni arnold schwarzenegger?

you try to make a survey of 10 women if they find arnold to having an attractive body and most probably 9 out of 10 will say "yuk! kadiri!"

wag ka na mag yaya ng workout.. nobody is impressed.. wag ka na magpa pogi points.. hanggang ganyan na lang katawan mo.. ang maganda ipaputol mo ulo mo at ipakabit mo sa katawan ng iba.. yun na lang pag asa mo para gumaganda katawan mo.. e baboy ka pala lumamon e..ano ba yun sabi mo? u eat litson, bulalo, crispy pata? kaya kahit anong post mo dito di ka popogi..

I wonder why running is used as a sole meterstick of fitness? I wonder what some guys here have to say about flexibility, absolute strength and power?

If someone decides to base my opinions on one aspect which i tried but once since I do other sports? doesn't that make a hasty generalization? I wonder where people can draw the line between seeing someone being a parrot by saying the same thing sover and over again and not be able to justify his own posts....

hmmm makes me think

On the other hand, If someone wants to judge me, why not go through a workout with me then be the judge?

Take a look at this... 2 kinds of fats... subcutaneous and visceral fats

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...fat-usat_x.htm

Belly full of danger

By Nanci Hellmich, USA TODAY

Doctors should measure more than your weight at appointments. They should measure your waist.

People with wide girths are more likely to have large amounts of deep-hidden belly fat around their organs.

By H. Darr Beiser, USA TODAY

For years, scientists have observed that an apple-shaped figure or a big beer belly is a health risk. But now they have gained more insight into why this is so.

They have discovered that people with wide girths are more likely to have large amounts of deep-hidden belly fat around their organs. It might be the most dangerous kind of fat and could increase a person's risk of diabetes, heart disease, stroke and some types of cancer.

This fat, which is called visceral or intra-abdominal fat, is linked to high cholesterol, high insulin, high triglycerides, high blood pressure and other problems. Researchers are investigating whether visceral fat secretes more inflammatory molecules that are linked to diseases than other types of fat.

And because most people in the USA weigh too much and many carry extra weight in the belly, experts are racing to discover how to reduce the killer fat. So far, physical activity and weight loss appear to be the key. Several new studies indicate that regular exercise, such as brisk walking for 30 to 45 minutes a day, can significantly decrease such fat.

At greatest risk of developing health problems from too much hidden belly fat are men whose waists are wider than 40 inches and women whose waists are wider than 35 inches. If your waist measurement is that high, "you've fallen off the edge of the cliff," says George Blackburn, associate director of the division of nutrition at Harvard Medical School.

People with waists that wide need to reduce them immediately, says Robert Ross, an exercise physiologist at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario. But even people whose waists are several inches smaller could be at risk, he says.

Experts say they don't know the optimal waist size for good health. But they do know this: Your waist circumference "is an absolute vital sign" in determining your health, Blackburn says. You need to know this plus your weight and body mass index, a formula that takes height and weight into account.

"In addition to the stethoscope around their necks, physicians should be carrying a tape measure," Ross says. Waist circumference is an independent risk factor for serious diseases, similar to factors such as weighing too much and high blood pressure, he says.

Most people don't know how much hidden belly fat they have because the only accurate way to determine it is with CT or MRI scans. But doing those tests for millions of people is unnecessary and too costly at this point, experts say. And measuring waist girth is a good guide.

Although people who are overweight or obese are more likely to have large amounts of visceral fat, normal-weight people also can have too much.

Older people need to be particularly vigilant about their waist measurement. A recent study found that some men and women 70 to 80 years old with normal body weight still had an increased risk of type 2 diabetes if they had large amounts of visceral fat.

"An important factor is where in the body their excess fat is stored," says Bret Goodpaster, assistant professor in the division of endocrinology and metabolism at the University of Pittsburgh.

Scientists aren't sure why some people have more of this fat than others. As people get older, they often become less active, which could partly explain the increase in the fat, Ross says. "The processes by which we lay down excess visceral fat are not completely understood. It's very likely that genes, sex hormones and stress hormones (cortisol) play a role."

He says that as men age, many notice that their belly gets bigger, and they start losing muscles in their legs. Women experience similar effects.

Scientists also don't know exactly why the visceral fat seems to take such a toll on health, and they are investigating it vigorously.

One explanation called the portal theory suggests that this fat secretes fatty acids near the liver, possibly causing some of the health problems that lead to diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure. This theory is being questioned now, Ross says, and "there are far more new and exciting hypotheses currently being investigated."

"While it remains to be determined the exact cause that links visceral fat with health risk," Ross says, "what is absolutely clear is that this is a relatively little depot of fat that conveys a very big health risk."

Overall, visceral fat is a small amount of the total body fat. In a slightly overweight middle-aged man, about 15% to 20% of his fat is visceral fat, and about 10% to 15% of a pre-menopausal woman's body fat may be the intra-abdominal kind, he says.

Although visceral fat seems to be particularly hazardous to health, it's not the only bad guy under the tape measure. Subcutaneous fat, the kind right under the skin, also is a factor, Ross says. "Subcutaneous fat is not just hanging out. Both visceral and subcutaneous fat contribute to health problems, but it would appear that visceral contributes more."

The two fats act differently in the body, experts say. "If you put visceral fat in a petri dish and you put subcutaneous fat in a petri dish and stimulate them, the visceral fat will produce a lot more inflammatory molecules that can raise a person's risk of heart disease and diabetes," says Tim Church, medical director of the Cooper Institute in Dallas.

Losing weight and increasing exercise appear to be key to decreasing this fat. A study at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center in Seattle found that overweight postmenopausal women who exercised regularly for a year lost 3.4% to 6.9% of their intra-abdominal fat, depending on how active they were. They were told not to change their diet. Exercisers lost about 3 pounds.

To get the benefit from physical activity, lead researcher Anne McTiernan recommends aiming for 30 to 45 minutes of brisk walking (as if you're late for the bus) five days a week. "I suspect if you exercise for 60 minutes a day, you'll get even more fat loss," she says.

The exercise should be intense enough that you feel your heart rate increase and might sweat, but you should be able to hold a conversation.

It appears that visceral fat could be the first kind of fat to be lost when you lose weight through exercise, McTiernan says.

Research by Ross of Queen's University showed that men who became more active lost a significant amount of this fat and reduced their waist size. These studies might help explain why some people who begin exercise programs say their pants fit better, but they're not noticing much weight loss, Church says.

People who have become devoted exercisers know firsthand how activity can shrink this fat and their waist size:

Bernyce Edwards, 70, of Seattle, a participant in McTiernan's study, kept her diet the same but exercised an hour four times a week doing aerobics, walking or weight training. In a year, she dropped 12½ pounds, and her visceral fat decreased by 26%.

Larry Langley, 55, of Irving, Texas, weighed 355 pounds and had a 58½-inch waist when he decided he had to reduce his girth. He enrolled in a weight-management program at the Cooper Institute in Dallas and began walking daily, watching portions and counting calories and fat grams. He lost 137 pounds and 16 inches around his middle in a little over a year. He now walks 5 miles a day at a nearby mall.

Deborah McElroy, 44, of Battersea, Ontario, participated in a visceral-fat study at Queen's University. She walked and ran on a treadmill for an hour a day seven days a week, and she changed her diet by cutting back on fats and sweets. After 14 weeks, she lost 16 pounds and 2 inches around her waist. Her visceral fat dropped by 37%.

"We're not going to find a magic pill in a bottle" that will decrease waist size and increase fitness, Ross says. "I can't imagine a better solution to lifestyle-based disease than physical activity."

Blackburn says, "We can't keep stuffing our faces with fat and take a little stroll and think we are doing ourselves any good."

People have to walk briskly and break a sweat, he says. They need to be active for 60 minutes a day. And they have to cut back on junk food, he says.

"If from one checkup to another, you put on a few pounds, go up a notch on the body mass index chart or gain an inch or two around the waist, then you need to put the brakes on it," Blackburn says.

You need to adopt "a new lifestyle that reduces your caloric intake, improves the quality of the food in your diet and increases the amount of daily exercise."

Last summer ko na ito sa Mapua so I want to live a Mark.

1. Pancit canton ( ala pa rin oil)

2. Beef

3. Chicken Balls

4. Hopia

5. Tikoy

6. Dimsums

7. Siopao

8. Donuts(Mr. Donuts!!!! at Choko Wacko!!!!)

Partly Chinese kami kaya karamihan ng dagdag na food is Chinese foods.

hey gym buffs, i was wonderin if there is truth behind the saying that gaining muscle is directly proportional with losing brain cells? if its true then i wud not want to have big muscles! he he he!!! chill out pleeeeaze!!!

just want to "leave" a message! :-)

heya andrean - baka magkapangalan pa tayo ah! anyway, maybe you want to teach us how to have a pancit canton without ohwel? he he he

sir, papost naman ako nung rates ng arena fitness and kung ok bang mag workout dun... kumpleto ba sa machines and ok bang mag cardio dun? and san ung pinnacle na sinsabi mo? anyway, thanks in advance for any info.

Arena Fitness,

Quezon Avenue

Rates:

Monthly: P1500 something

Quarterly (unlimited): P4500 something

Semi Annually: P7000 soemthing

Yearly: P10000 something

Memebrship Fee: P1500

Promo rates:

P3500, quarterly, 3x a week

P5000, two months, 2 persons, unlimited

All programs include the use of shower, locker, steam room, access to all aero exercises... may boxing din na 115 or 150 yata per session.

-- marami cardio equipment... mga apat na treadmill, 4 na elliptical trainer at dalawang pang rowing na machine... lots of free weights (2.5 lbs ang increment per dumbell which is good) and machines too...

Personal Trainer: P4000 per 12 sessions... pero suggest ko wag ka na kukuha...

Pinnacle,

Sct Torillo Street, near Timog Avenue

Me promo sila na P3915... lots of cardio equipment but less free weights and machines... very good shower, jacuzzi and steam room facilities.. with aero area and boxing ring.

Well said! I know many guys who have a six pack and don't do direct ab work while I know others who do thousands of crunches but don't have a six pack to show

yeah... sadly but true... ang hirap magpaliit ng tiyan... my "love handles" are unusually wide and big... though my front ab is quite small, me nakikita nga akong outline ng abs, kaya lang weird kasi ang laki talaga ng bilbil... may pag-asa pa ba na makukuha siya by diet and cardio alone?

About sa diet, malaking factor ang metabolism, age, life style, genetics at time of eating.

Generally I recomend to stop eating

1. Pork

2. Beef(depende sa part, but I dont eat beef)

3. Commercial Chocolates ( Cadbury, Hershey, Tofiluck etc)

4. Sympre no alcohol

5. Sugars

6. Seasoning ( Patis, toyo, salt) (Yung tomato ketchup depende)

7. No rice ( ako no rice, yung iba depende ule. Steamed rice ok.)

Sa way of cooking

1. No oil, mantika

2. Dapat steamed, pakulo sa water

3. Yung Grilled dont eat yung sunogs.

Yung kinakain ko

1. Fish, Bangus ako lage

2. Wheat Bread

3. C2 LITE

4. Carnation/Nesvita milk, pede rin yung Anlene read muna yung fat content.

Supplement ko

1. Whey Protien ( just making sure na am taking enough protein)

2. Ripped Fuel Extreme ( Lumalakas talaga ko pag umiinom ako non. I drink it then cardio)

Way of eating, wag yung conventional na 3 big meals. Better yung 6 - 8 light meals a day. Mga every 2-3hours Im eating something. The principle behind this is pagkumakain ka lagi your body keeps on metabolizing food. Pag Big meals naman, sympre may agwat yon, the tendency of the body is to slowdown the metabolization of food. Parang energy conserving sya. Sorry di ko ma explain ng technical eh.

This could work on you, this might not. But this is wat I do.

Oh my... I wish i could do what u do. man... but if its the way to SALVATION from being overweight... we'll take the risk...

OH MY F$*&NG GOD ANDREAN!?! HOW DO YOU LIVE!?! 

not for anything but one of the reasons I work out as well is so that I can occassionally enjoy some of life's guilty pleasures... What is the point in trying to live a healthy long life if you don't even try to live it...?

in any case, saludo ako sayo though andrean... takes a lot of hard work to do what you do... For me, not worth the bother... I might not look like million bucks at the end of the day but at least I managed to enjoy my several huindreds of pesoses on good crispy pata, kare kare and ice cream with some friends... :D

Oh yeah... it's like SIN that's so pleasurable to indulge with pero naguiguilty ka afterwards... Ice creams are my weakest...

I salute you pre.. we have the same diet.. very much the same.. except that i dont buy commercial supplements.. just raw egg whites..

add ko lang ha.. when buying milk go for SKIM milk not low fat ok..  and also i drink enervon prime.. complete nutrition ito but low in fat..high protein-low fat, but cheaper than bodybuilding supplements..  read the label..

as for fish naman.. ang yes pag rush na andok's boneless bangus pag walang time magluto.. pag may time naman madalas yellowfin tuna (not the canned, FRESH)

as for wheat bread.. buy wheat bread in bakeries in groceries.. wag yung naka sliced na.. extenders yun.. ang wheat bread na totoo e makunat at matigas.. para syang french bread..

and of course cardio.. 10 kilometer jog everyday.. 20 kilometers on weekend..  :thumbsupsmiley:

and of course.. dont listen to what OLYMPUS is posting.. mali yun!

ala bang benefit of the "daw" or doubt?