Build A Model Body!

What's the topic of this thread again? :unsure:

Guys tanong ko na lang, di ba sumasakit likod nyo when you lift heavy weights?

normally, there are only two reason that i can think of kung bakit nagkakaback pain yung mga tao na pumupunta sa gym. una, wrong body posture or poor body mechanics and second is lifting too much weight beyond your capacity.

pain in the upper back area? numbing? may not be muscular in nature... are you getting gaseous? colic? might be gas... or a tied up muscle... there could be alot of things... kung nangangawit na may kasamang weakness, have it checked... kung pain  lang tapos walang kasamang muscular inefficiency, most likely internal...

medyo malayo yata ang diagnosis mo. sabi kasi upper back, thoracic area na po iyon. or pwede ring may pain sa scapular area.

Very insightful :)

About the lower back pain, never experienced any since I strengthened my core (abs and lower back) so that I can handle lifting all the heavy weight.

sir olympus yung core muscles only comprise of the abs and it does not include the lower back.

It's not the lower back eh.. bandang taas sha.. parang ngawit yun feeling? Nagpa-sports massage na ko and all.. it's still there.. btw, thug, I dont lift naman yun mashadong mabigat na weights (12 lang pag dumbells).

So how do I strengthen my core?

malamang muscle fatigue or muscle spasm lang iyan. if the pain is not tolerable anymore magpaconsult kana sa orthopedist.

here's a site to strengthen your core

http://www.athleticadvisor.com/Weight_Room/core_strength.htm

:mtc: :mtc: :mtc:

Very insightful :)

About the lower back pain, never experienced any since I strengthened my core (abs and lower back) so that I can handle lifting all the heavy weight.

sir olympus yung core muscles only comprise of the abs and it does not include the lower back.

It's not the lower back eh.. bandang taas sha.. parang ngawit yun feeling? Nagpa-sports massage na ko and all.. it's still there.. btw, thug, I dont lift naman yun mashadong mabigat na weights (12 lang pag dumbells).

So how do I strengthen my core?

malamang muscle fatigue, muscle spasm, or strain/sprain lang iyan. if the pain is not tolerable anymore magpaconsult kana sa orthopedist.

here's a site to strengthen your core

http://www.athleticadvisor.com/Weight_Room/core_strength.htm

:mtc: :mtc: :mtc:

with all due respect mr dj25, the jargon used by strength coaches for core refers to the abdominal region and the erector spinae aka lower back muscles....

The best way to strengthen the abs and lower back is by doing the basic compound exercises such as squats, ench presss, deadlifts, military presses, pullups and rows. Other exercises like overhead squats, turkish getups and planks are also helpful. crunches are basically good, but for aesthtic and not functional purposes.

as mr dj25 said, most lower back pain comes from improper posture, poor lifting form which results in improper stability and of course lifting weight that is way beyond capacity, the latter even when one is wearing a belt. most gym injuries come from improper stability

hmm.. the topic kse is about bulding a model body eh.. that's why I asked for pictures.  Shempre mas nakakagana yata sumunod sa program ng taong maganda ang body to start with. I myself don't like doing aeros pag yung nagtuturo ay mataba.. kakawalang-gana di ba? Baka pag ginaya ko sha, baka tumaba rin ako. :blink:

Hope you get my point.  B)

di ko pa rin ma-gets ang point... if u based yung ganda ng katawan sa isang specific program then lahat sana tayo dito kuntento na sa general workout routine.. but in reality hindi naman yun nangyayari... if a program works with you (meaning you see visible reuslts then stick with it, "quoted from sir olympus), then not, trash it and seek advice to try another one... atsaka lahat tayo may iba't-ibang gusto sa katawan natin... some wants to become bodybuilders, some just want to lose weight, some just want to look toned and some work out for athletic purposes, some workout for strength, some workout for endurance... kaya yung model body na yan... is so subjective.... as long as you get the results that you want, then guide yourself to it.

di ko pa rin ma-gets ang point... if u based yung ganda ng katawan sa isang specific program then lahat sana tayo dito kuntento na sa general workout routine.. but in reality hindi naman yun nangyayari...  if a program works with you (meaning you see visible reuslts then stick with it, "quoted from sir olympus), then not, trash it and seek advice to try another one... atsaka lahat tayo may iba't-ibang gusto sa katawan natin... some wants to become bodybuilders, some just want to lose weight, some just want to look toned and some work out for athletic purposes, some workout for strength, some workout for endurance... kaya yung model body na yan... is so subjective.... as long as you get the results that you want, then guide yourself to it.

True. Many times people follow the routine of a model and end up overtrained. Sad to say, our fitnes industry here mask some gurus as experts who are totally clueless and are in fact big time steroid dealers. More oftn than not, the biggest guys in the gym are usally the ones who are clueless about proper training, and the "fit" ones, who aren't as aesthetically pleasant, yet more athletic, are the knowledgeable ones. I've noticed this in all the gyms I've been to and when I worked for a certain gym a few years back.

di ko pa rin ma-gets ang point... if u based yung ganda ng katawan sa isang specific program then lahat sana tayo dito kuntento na sa general workout routine.. but in reality hindi naman yun nangyayari...  if a program works with you (meaning you see visible reuslts then stick with it, "quoted from sir olympus), then not, trash it and seek advice to try another one... atsaka lahat tayo may iba't-ibang gusto sa katawan natin... some wants to become bodybuilders, some just want to lose weight, some just want to look toned and some work out for athletic purposes, some workout for strength, some workout for endurance... kaya yung model body na yan... is so subjective.... as long as you get the results that you want, then guide yourself to it.

yun na nga sabi ko.. pag sinabi mo kaseng model.. model ba ng ano yan? model ba ng underwear, model ng beer, model ng pregnancy clothes, model ng sabon, shampoo, etc?

pero pag sinabi mo kaseng model, ibig sabihin yan yung IDEAL, HEALTHY FIGURE and HEALTHY WEIGHT.. kaya nga model.. model means yan yung dapat mong tularan..

kaya lang naman ang madalas na nakikita nating model sa TV e yung mga usually flat toned abs, toned muscles, e dahil yan ang ideal weight, at ideal healthy body.. based sa medical research din..

pero yung iba kase dito ang akala sa model body e dapat maging ala MARC NELSON ka.. hello... pag ganun ang katawan mo over exaggerated na yun.. you dont need bulging muscles, ang important lang you have low tummy fat, yan kase ang usual cause ng disease..

so sa iba dito like Olympus and Equus, yan ang model body.. ewan ko ba sa inyo kung bakit kung ano anong HIIT, TAbatha, ek ek ang pinagsasabi nyo.. e simpleng ideal body lang naman ang discussion dito..

please post or PM me your core strength workout routines... Thanks!

I have low back pain. badposture when I was younger...

According to a instructor I met at US (24 Fitness gym) for free consultation, i need core strengthening so that I can do situps or crunches.

Those are painful for me, just 1 set and I can't do anymore.

pain in the upper back area? numbing? may not be muscular in nature... are you getting gaseous? colic? might be gas... or a tied up muscle... there could be alot of things... kung nangangawit na may kasamang weakness, have it checked... kung pain  lang tapos walang kasamang muscular inefficiency, most likely internal...

wala naman ibang pain.. parang ngawit lang yun feeling.. i'm trying to really stretch it (baka lang nakulangan lang sa stretching).. pero nandun pa rin.

anyways, agree ako dun sa hindi lahat ng program basta mo na lang iaadapt sa yo.. as I've posted earlier, though my trainor made a program for me to follow.. pagtagal.. ginagawa ko na lang yun napi-feel kong effective sa kin plus nageenjoy rin akong gawin at the same time.

pero shemps ganun pa rin.. you try out new programs for yourself.. pano mo malalaman if it will work for you kung sarado na utak mo di ba? may time rin kse na panay ganun yun training na ginagawa mo, and you've already hit a plateau (tama ba spell?).. dapat lang na mag-change ka na ng program pag ganun na di ba.. well, kung ang aim mo lang naman eh mag-improve pa.. pero shemps if you're already contented with your body.. di tuloy tuloy lang yun program.

hmm.. about having a model body.. yun kse ang title ng thread.. my not so common sense says that a model body is something nice to look at.. so that would be bodies na katulad ng nakikita natin sa mga billboards and fitness magazines. It would be good to note their programs.. like how did they achieve bodies like that.. but again.. malalaman mo lang if it will work for you if you try their program di ba? di naman pwedeng basahin mo lang tapos sarado lang utak mo na basta yun program ko ang pinaka-effective.. eh bakit ka pa nagbabasa di ba?

yun lang.. with all due respect to the posters of this thread.. wag na lang kse mamilosopo.. or better yet palitan na lang natin ang title ng thread ng "how to be fit and healthy". :rolleyes:

The best way to strengthen the abs and lower back is by doing the basic compound exercises such as squats, ench presss, deadlifts, military presses, pullups and rows. Other exercises like overhead squats, turkish getups and planks are also helpful. crunches are basically good, but for aesthtic and not functional purposes.

Ahm.. pwede paki-explain how these exercises strengthen the abs and lower back?

wala naman ibang pain.. parang ngawit lang yun feeling.. i'm trying to really stretch it (baka lang nakulangan lang sa stretching)..  pero nandun pa rin.

anyways, agree ako dun sa hindi lahat ng program basta mo na lang iaadapt sa yo.. as I've posted earlier, though my trainor made a program for me to follow.. pagtagal.. ginagawa ko na lang yun napi-feel kong effective sa kin plus nageenjoy rin akong gawin at the same time.

pero shemps ganun pa rin.. you try out new programs for yourself.. pano mo malalaman if it will work for you kung sarado na utak mo di ba? may time rin kse na panay ganun yun training na ginagawa mo, and you've already hit a plateau (tama ba spell?).. dapat lang na mag-change ka na ng program pag ganun na di ba.. well, kung ang aim mo lang naman eh mag-improve pa.. pero shemps if you're already contented with your body.. di tuloy tuloy lang yun program.

hmm.. about having a model body.. yun kse ang title ng thread.. my not so common sense says that a model body is something nice to look at.. so that would be bodies na katulad ng nakikita natin sa mga billboards and fitness magazines.  It would be good to note their programs.. like how did they achieve bodies like that.. but again.. malalaman mo lang if it will work for you if you try their program di ba? di naman pwedeng basahin mo lang tapos sarado lang utak mo na basta yun program ko ang pinaka-effective.. eh bakit ka pa nagbabasa di ba?

yun lang.. with all due respect to the posters of this thread.. wag na lang kse mamilosopo.. or better yet palitan na lang natin ang title ng thread ng "how to be fit and healthy". :rolleyes:

oo nga, nandun na ako.. something nice to look at.. pero ang tanong e pano ba naging trend na a person that is nice to look at are those slim, trim, well proportioned, low fat body that you see in magazines? nag start yan syempre based sa medical research.. an ideal healthy body is beautiful, kaya yan ang naging model sa mga magazines, tv, etc.. yan ang naging basis of beauty..

actually yun ngang malalaki katawan is an image of a SLAVE. Yan yung mga sinauna e nagbubuhat ng malalaking tipak ng bato para gawing templo, pyramid, etc.. have you seen the movie conan the barbarian? di ba slave sya dito sa umpisa ng pelikula, nagtutulak ng malaking bato kapalit ng kabayo..

kaya nga ang sabi ko, di kailangan maging malaki katawan, yun tama na healthy lang.. yun ang ideal at model body.. kaya mali pa din mga turo ni Olympus, at mas lalong mali pag naniwala kayo, tulad ni Equus..

with all due respect mr dj25, the jargon used by strength coaches for core refers to the abdominal region and the erector spinae aka lower back muscles....

as mr dj25 said, most lower back pain comes from improper posture, poor lifting form which results in improper stability and of course lifting weight that is way beyond capacity, the latter even when one is wearing a belt. most gym injuries come from improper stability

olympus, i think it depends to the article you are reading. the word core is a general term for all the muscles. for example: if your doing biceps curl the core muscle are the biceps brachii, brachioradialis and brachialis muscles. so if the questionis the core muscles of the trunk or lower back, this should include the abs, erector spinae and gluteus muscles. "crunches are basically good, but for aesthtic and not functional purposes." what do you mean by this? crunches is the isolated exercise for the abdominals. i don't agree that this is only aesthetical and not functional purpose because this is the function of your abs. i don't think that compound exercises is the best exercise for the trunk muscles since your target is strengthening. isolation is still the best.

Lower back workout?????

Deadlift is the best sana, but its not recomended to every one.

Merong parang exercise ang pilates..... Very basic and it seemed useless.

Nung ginawa ko yun, the next day ang sakit ng lower back ko. After 2 days ok na at eventually nagprogress na ko.

Deadlift is an example of compound exercises but this is not the best way to strengthen your back. you should do some trunk extension exercise to isolate your back muscles since your target is strengthening.

ehem ehem ehem... slave? what the hell are you talking about? do you even know what slaves look like? malaking katawan? conan the barbarian? Do u even know what the egyptian slaves looked like? do you even have an anthopological basis on what you even said? ano basehan mo? sine!?! si ARNOLD SCHARZENEGGER BA NA NAGTUTULAK NG RICE MILL GRINDER BA ANG NAGING BASEHAN MO SA ISA NANAMANG WALANG KATUTURAN NA GENERALIZATION MO? alam mo ba na rice mill grinder ito na pinapa ikot ikot niya?

Do you even have any solid facts that malaki ang mga katawan ng mga slaves noong unang panahon?!? matatanggap ko pa mga centurions or my gladiators... SLAVES?!? sa tingin mo ba na yung mga totoong slaves na tinutukoy mo will have enough protein intake to even gain muscle mass in any way? the slaves that you are pertaining to were used as forced human labor, fed very little, rested very little and just kept working hard manual labor until they were dead.. on a logical basis, do you even think that lalaki ang mga katawan nang mga tao katulad nito?!?

the point i am pressing is this... before you even try to persecute and judge people for having their own views, please please please please... get your facts straight.. Have a basis on what you are saying...

another proof of fact... the notion of what you claim to be a model body changes from time to time... sure there are general considerations such as freedom from diseases, a person who seemingly has a good phenotypical ratio.. there was a time na sobrang uso yung nagsisilakihan na muscles from steroid use, nowadays people are responding more to a natural "hard" look.. I personally never advocated the use of illegal contraband to get yer performance up, i have thought about it but... if you want to define model body as a person who should be a role model of fitness and health for everyone to follow, then yes, again, tama yung recommendation mo... But other people think that the model body that we are pertaining to is the bodies of all those people in the magazines who have chiseled arms, exploding pecs, defined abs etc... If you want to take your body to that level, then the programs that I've been suggesting and other people here as well, should get you on yer way... I never said to anyone that you just keep on pumping iron to get big... I always said that above all else, quality and form is the key to any gains...

ngayon kung sobrang kitid ng utak mo at hindi mo kayang tanggapin yung mga ito, eh di wag... Eh kung hindi mo lang kayang ma comprehend yung mga sinasabi namin at gusto mong dumami ang mga katulad mo eh di go ahead again. problema mo yan at matanda ka na para gawin kung ano man gusto mong gawin.

In any case, whatever i say won't matter really because in your feeble mind you are already infallible... It's like arguing with a parrot... so just disregard everything that i have said and live your life in ignorant bliss.

dj, good point there... core does refer to a multitude of things depending on the literature that you read...

From what i know, I first heard the term from my cousin who is a prima ballerina in the states... she used to do PILATES as an off-season work out training to keep herself in tone... When i heard the word, i asked to her expound on it and she did say that the term refers to general torso strength... From what i cam recollect, traditional training has always implied that if the appendages or peripherals are strengthened, the torso strength follows as well... in pilates, the torso or "core" strength is given priority because this is the true source of strength.. you can also see this practice done in a lot martial arts such as kung fu etc...

Now on a kinesiological or physiological basis, the term core does refer to the main muscle groups that are responsible for the contraction/extension/flexion/ etc of a particular muscular movement..

I have always had a mixed notion on whether compound exercises or isolations are better... i guess experience will really be the teacher on this one...

just sharing, i usually go rock climbing... there is a term that we use, contact strength... it relatexs directly with core strength... We used to refer to a climber's capacity to execute prolonged explosive movements on a bouldering wall... i have regularly experienced this and i describe it as a synergy of strength between finger strength, lats strength, ab strength and hamstring strength on a single fluid or prolonged motion.. its like your ability to consistently strengthen the contraction of all these muscles at the same time or coordinate them with each other... I often times directly relate this to core strength... wala lang...

which is better compound vs isolation exercises?

actually this will depend on the type of program you are going through.

in the previous post since strength is the main topic, it is hard to measure the strength of your muscles doing compound exercises since a lot of muscles work for this type of exercise.

i recommended isolation for strengthening exercises since you are going to use one muscle group and you can measure the strength of your muscles objectively. in rehab, we use isolation exercises to test the strength of the muscles.

Thug, anyways, whatever works best for you.. nobody can argue with that naman di ba? Same thing that you can't also argue whatever works best for other people. Respetuhan na lang siguro tayo para walang gulo. B)

Speaking for myself, I dont consider myself an expert pagdating sa mga workout.. but some of my friends ask me what's my workout routine and ginagaya nila.. siguro, they think my body is okey kaya gusto nila gumaya di ba? Ganun lang naman yun.. kaya nga I asked for pics.. para makita ko kung aling katawan ang gusto ko at tingin ko applicable sa body frame ko para yun ang iaadapt kong workout.

Dun sa mala-Conan na body.. impossible kse para sa body frame ko yun.. number 1, girl ako :blink: .. number 2, payat lang ang bone structure ko.. and number 3, hindi ganun ang definition ko ng nice body. Shemps iba iba tayo ng paningin kung ano ang nice body para sa tin. B)

Sabi ko nga.. palitan na lang natin ang title ng thread. :hypocritesmiley:

Ahm.. pwede paki-explain how these exercises strengthen the abs and lower back?

Compound movements require multiple muscles to fnction be it as the primary or secondary movrs, and as a stabilizer when you do the exercise. Think of it like a human pyramid, the bottom lifters do the same role of the abs when you do these compound lifts. This is why many gymnasts, runners, olympic lifters and golfers have strong abs since they constantly stabilize in their sports...

On a side note, Mot guys in our gym don't do any situps or crunches, yet many have a six pack to show since they have a clean diet and they are always doing compound free weight exercises.

Thug, anyways, whatever works best for you.. nobody can argue with that naman di ba? Same thing that you can't also argue whatever works best for other people. Respetuhan na lang siguro tayo para walang gulo.  B)

Speaking for myself, I dont consider myself an expert pagdating sa mga workout.. but some of my friends ask me what's my workout routine and ginagaya nila.. siguro, they think my body is okey kaya gusto nila gumaya di ba? Ganun lang naman yun.. kaya nga I asked for pics.. para makita ko kung aling katawan ang gusto ko at tingin ko applicable sa body frame ko para yun ang iaadapt kong workout.

Dun sa mala-Conan na body.. impossible kse para sa body frame ko yun.. number 1, girl ako  :blink: .. number 2, payat lang ang bone structure ko.. and number 3, hindi ganun ang definition ko ng nice body.  Shemps iba iba tayo ng paningin kung ano ang nice body para sa tin.  B)

Sabi ko nga.. palitan na lang natin ang title ng thread.  :hypocritesmiley:

A nice post madam. Apart from not having the gentics and the drugs, women don't have testosterone to be as muscular as men.

About our topic of being a "model-type" in terms of physique, let us clearly sate what type of model. Personally, i find the ramp models way to skinny. I respect bodybuilders, yet don't find it appealing to have that physique appealing and functional as well. I personally think that for women, the physique of Elle McPherson or Cathrine Zeta-Jones, even Angelina Jolie is appealing...

Most men prefer having the look of Brad Pitt in Fight club or even the built of Anotion Sabato Jr who was a long time Calvin klein model....

As for me, having a small frame, I'll personally be happy if I can achieve the look of WWE star Shawn Michaels or that of a gymnast... However, that will just be a byproduct since my primary goal for training is to improve maximal strength and metabolic conditioning

Personally, i find the ramp models way to skinny.

Hehe.. Actually, this is my dream.. to be skinny. :P I guess most women's aim is to be skinny (yun ang model-like figure kse di ba).. but most men prefers the voluptuous ones. Whenever I tell him that I feel I'm fat.. he says that I'm weird for thinking that way (gusto pa nga nya tumaba pa daw ako ng konti). :rolleyes:

The reason why I'm fixated on losing more weight.. I want a washboard abs kse :blink: .. being married and having numerous kids (ahem).. it's really a feat. I'm already losing hope.. pag ako nagkapera, magpapa-mesotherapy na lang siguro ako. :P