Build A Model Body!

Are you saying may effect sa firmness ng muscles if you take a bath right after working out? :blink:

But then again, the gym is fully airconditioned, as is my car and ... so there arent really any abrupt changes in temp after I work out.

Hmm the max I lift for extensions using a dumbell is 15 lbs at 4 sets of 15 with 30 seconds rest in between sets. Is that too heavy? Or are my reps too few? 

ok.. so since na mention na ang taking a bath after workout, how about yung pag-sau sauna? is it good or not good? and what things do i have to consider... kasi ako, i just drink water and pasok na sa sauna... though i'm aware na pati body salts lumalabas din sa pawis and i dont drink anything with mineral salts like gatorade or something.

Dude, when you say seasoning mix, do you mean those prepackaged thingies you get in the grocery store?

Kasi madaming artificial ingredients yan eh. Id suggest using herbs and spices that you get individually ... try experimenting with the flavors to find out the one you like best... in various combinations these herbs give you a pretty good flavor ...

To start off, try sage, rosemary, paprika, cumin and some seasoned salt ...

Avoid the premixed stuff. Daming vetsin nyan...

speaking of seasoning... yeah tama.. wag ka maglagay ng vetsin... put and experiment things.. when cooking meat put oregano, and italian seasoning... pwede ka rin mag experiment with chili, paprika, pepper, etc... ,mrami nabibili na mga ganyan sa grocery yung mc cormic...

e cardio and clean diet na lang yan.. 1 hour jog ka everyday.. wag ka na mag weights.sayang lang energy mo dyan..  puro cardio lang.. high fiber food, yogurt, lots of water, yan ang mga element para mawala toxin sa katawan..

yup, i think i'll agree with this if u have lesser weight to reduce... kelangan mo rin ng weight especially pag overweight ka... lasi pagnag cardio ka lang... papayat ka nga pero magiging saggy ang balat mo... kelangan mo rin weight... preferably yung circuit training... pero in my case dati..i just did a general whole body workout per session... more reps less weights.

Read this:  http://eclipsegym.com/articles/womens_fitness.html

I trained Shereen Siyed for the MTV Supastar 2 competition using this program, and she was the only one up there who was toned and had abs.  Right now she hosts the Studio 23 racing program and does Olympic lifting to stay in shape as well as HIIT.

For example, her program is (with actual weights) for last Wednesday:

Hang Cleans: 45lbs (Olympic bar) 5 reps x 5 sets with 3 minute rest.

Low bar barbell squat 85lbs, 5 reps x 5 sets with 3-4 minute rest.

Parallel bar dips - bodyweight 5 reps x 5 sets (most girls we train can do 20 additional lbs)

Hip flexor machine (ab machine) - 100lbs 5 sets x 5 reps with a 4 second negative on lowering the weight back to the stack.

Her abs actually get pretty sore without the extra ab/hip flexor training from the other movements, but we threw it in since she wanted something "specific".

On Friday the core movement is heavy deadlifts.

Training notes - the low-bar squats are done with an exaggerated bending at the waist to target the butt and hamstrings, and cause the abs to contract powerfully in isometric fashion.

Triceps are hit intensely and directly during the parallel bar dips.

Hey thanks. Interesting read .... ill keep that in mind. Ill even print this one out and show it to the dude who is training me here. :cool:

Wyld,

If you are using a fair amount of weight for your overhead presing and ench presses, you're sure to have firmed up your arms. The girls in our gym are lifting a good amount of weight and they are"toned", yet no one looks muscular like a guy, contrary to what many think would happen when a girl lifts heavy

In fairness to my arms they are pretty firm (considering where they came from)....

Im a bit impatient i guess. Also im worried that I might be on a plateau....

speaking of seasoning... yeah tama.. wag ka maglagay ng vetsin... put and experiment things.. when cooking meat put oregano, and italian seasoning... pwede ka rin mag experiment with chili, paprika, pepper, etc... ,mrami nabibili na mga ganyan sa grocery yung mc cormic...

One more thing... GRILL!!!!

I learned that in one of the seminar thingies I attended and I bought a stove top grill.

Just drizzle your chicken breast with some olive oil, rub some spices and grill!

You can use the same meat to top your salads or to eat w/ rice or bread or camote or potatoes...

:cool:

add ko rin lang pareng olympus, kasi ang alam ko ha,(kasi as ive said before di naman ako expert talaga). if you want to have cuts pero ayaw mo lumaki muscles mo, maglift ka ng light weights lang, pero mas maraming reps. i.e.-- barbell curl, kung ang normal weight mo sa curl is 50lbsx12reps, you lift 20lbsx20reps.

Tama ba Olympus? kasi ganon yung ginagawa ko para magka-cuts. lessen the weight with more reps.

actually, you should keep the reps low and heavy parin, just bump the volume. High reps do not really help in improving definiton. You should in fact do the same thing you did to build muscle when you wanna lose fat so that you can maintain the muscle and perhaps even add some while you're shedding the fat

Guys,

share ko lang nag-start ako mag-gym this year lang....yung ka-officemate ko nagwo-work out sa Gold's Gym so humingi ako ng program....applicable ba yung program na yun across other persons? i mean, nde ba bine-base yun ng nutritionist mo from what you want to achive based on sa physique mo?

Also, nung nag-start ako...mga mid-Feb ata yun...sa company gym lang ako...and it was nice...medyo hard core but i don't mind...at least i'm getting the attention i need so parang may personal trainer na rin ako....unlike sa Fitness First (kaka-enroll ko lang) you have pay for your personal trainer....akala ko standard protocol na yun...

btw, I'm taking Twin-labs Whey Protein with Glutamine, ok ba yung brand na yun? plus bumili rin ako ng creatine...pano ba iniinom yun, ang tamis eh...feeling ko baka magka-diabetis pa ako pag-tinuloy ko pa yun eh...

Guys,

share ko lang nag-start ako mag-gym this year lang....yung ka-officemate ko nagwo-work out sa Gold's Gym so humingi ako ng program....applicable ba yung program na yun across other persons? i mean, nde ba bine-base yun ng nutritionist mo from what you want to achive based on sa physique mo?

Also, nung nag-start ako...mga mid-Feb ata yun...sa company gym lang ako...and it was nice...medyo hard core but i don't mind...at least i'm getting the attention i need so parang may personal trainer na rin ako....unlike sa Fitness First (kaka-enroll ko lang) you have pay for your personal trainer....akala ko standard protocol na yun...

btw, I'm taking Twin-labs Whey Protein with Glutamine, ok ba yung brand na yun? plus bumili rin ako ng creatine...pano ba iniinom yun, ang tamis eh...feeling ko baka magka-diabetis pa ako pag-tinuloy ko pa yun eh...

let the buyer beware... I have worked and used to be a member of gold's and I have yet to meet a guy there who hired a trainer who has made a drastic transformation to any of his clients... why? they want t keep you coming back so they limit your progress... A training program mut be built around the basic compound free weight movements, and not just machines

actually, you should keep the reps low and heavy parin, just bump the volume. High reps do not really help in improving definiton. You should in fact do the same thing you did to build muscle when you wanna lose fat so that you can maintain the muscle and perhaps even add some while you're shedding the fat

Ganon ba?! Hmmm..... alright I'll keep that in mind, thanks sa info Olympus! :thumbsupsmiley:

What does your program look like? at that weight you most likely look thin, unles you've built a decent amount of muscle. Supplements are not the answer, its fixing your eating habits and following the right program

pareng olymus:

well, at this weight (125 lbs), i still feel that i have a little bit of fat on my lower abs that i disgust. and yes, i've already built a decent amount of muscle, pero not that much :) . di naman talaga kasi ako nagpapalaki.

WHEW! i hate supplements. buti na lang hindi yun ang sagot! Mahal kasi! hehehe! :)

maybe the answer lies on my eating habits. sa program, well.... wala kasi actual na sinusunod na program eh. basta, say, im on my "chest-bicep day," sinisigurado ko na well-pumped ang lahat ng parts ng chest and bicep ko.

besides cleaning up my eating habits, do you still suggest to continue my 1-hour treadmill 3x a week or pwede na, say, 15 mins? kasi nga tingin ko dapat pa ko magtreadmill ng 1 hour para lumabas cuts. tama ba yun? :)

that's what i thought so. kaya di ko sinusunod binibigay na program sa akin ng instructor ko dahil ang binibigay nya sa akin eh high-reps, light-weights. kaya gumagawa ako ng sarili ko program. :) di lang ako makalipat ng gym dahil priority ko yung malapit sa bahay. :)

that's what i thought so.  kaya di ko sinusunod binibigay na program sa akin ng instructor ko dahil ang binibigay nya sa akin eh high-reps, light-weights.  kaya gumagawa ako ng sarili ko program. :)  di lang ako makalipat ng gym dahil priority ko yung malapit sa bahay. :)

Ganon rin nga ang pagkaka-alam ko base don sa sinabi sakin ng friend ko na nagbubuhat din. Anyhow, try ko yung advice ni Olympus and see what will happen.

pareng olymus:

well, at this weight (125 lbs), i still feel that i have a little bit of fat on my lower abs that i disgust. and yes, i've already built a decent amount of muscle, pero not that much smile.gif . di naman talaga kasi ako nagpapalaki.

WHEW! i hate supplements. buti na lang hindi yun ang sagot! Mahal kasi! hehehe! smile.gif

maybe the answer lies on my eating habits. sa program, well.... wala kasi actual na sinusunod na program eh. basta, say, im on my "chest-bicep day," sinisigurado ko na well-pumped ang lahat ng parts ng chest and bicep ko.

besides cleaning up my eating habits, do you still suggest to continue my 1-hour treadmill 3x a week or pwede na, say, 15 mins? kasi nga tingin ko dapat pa ko magtreadmill ng 1 hour para lumabas cuts. tama ba yun? smile.gif

Actually, I'd suggest you get on a decent program. I hardly know anyone who does a"chest and bicep day" who has built a decent amount of muscle. I know only one guy, but before he did that program, he also built a firm foundation.

As mentioned earlier, 15 minutes of cardio doing intervarl training would be enough. I'd suggest you build more muscle to help you keep the fat off.. I believe that once you're around at least 140, you'll be more muscular and have an easier time getting leaner

Creatine, I dont recomend it on regular body builders. Mas ok sya sa mga powerlifters.

Energy giving sya it di yon magcause ng paglaki ng muscles

Actually, its relevance comes into play as it helps boost strength and we all know that once you get stronger, it makes it easier to build more muscle.

A person is either a creatine responder or a non responder. If you think you're a non-repsonder, chances are you're not.

Most non responders don't respond to creatine since majority of these individuals eat a lot of red meat, which contains creatine as well. So most likely they are already getting enough creatine

QUESTION:

I EAT PLAIN BOILED CHICKEN DURING LUNCH (MOSTLY)

BUT WHAT I DO IN THE OFFICE PARA D NAKAKASAWA IS, I BOIL IT AGAIN SA MICROWAVE PERO I PUT SEASONING MIX MGA 1-1 1/2 TABLESPOON PARA MAGKALASA.

TAMA BA ITO?

THANKS

;)

make sure na yung chicken mo is breast and skinless..

kahit boiled pa yan if you retain the fat e di fatty pa din..