Build A Model Body!

you think too much... EDT was made to be so simple that you SHOULD NOT THINK SO MUCH ANYMORE!

pick two exercises e.g. squat and bench, pick a weight you can roughly do for 0 reps, do each exercise back to back, always avoid training to failure.. in the end what matters is you jot the total time period elapsed, total number of sets and reps per exercise... next workout you know you have to do the same amount of work in less time, do more reps or add weight to the bar... its that simple

ah ok. i guess i was making it more complicated than it really is :) thanks Olympus.

What is the name of the team that our guys play for?  I'd be afraid of being on the opposing line against Alex  :P

The DLSU Arrowheads!!! Most guys in the gym are flag football players such as Coach James and Ja, I know Alex is part of the team. I'm sure that with the proper methods used, thier game has probably been taken to a whole different level

Bro if you're gonna be in qc i'd suggest zest or pinnacle over fitness first.

in las pinas, I'd suggest fitness advantage

for manila or makati, I'd say eclipse

avoid the classy gyms since you'll not get what you need there

tut tut tut!!! shame on you olympus for making sweeping generalized statements...

It depends on yer experience level.... after a certain time, it does not matter what gym you go to and what matters most is the attitude that you have about training and the quality of training... ]

shame olympus...

The reason why I don't encourage classy gyms is most peole who go there only go there to be seen. I've been a member of slimmers since 2000, a charter member of gold's since 2002. I'm not generalizing here but most members of classy gyms don't really go there to train. So for those who really wanna get their money's worth, I'd suggest they go elsewhere.

Edited by Olympus
The reason why I don't encourage classy gyms is most peole who go there only go there to be seen. I've been a member of slimmers since 200, a charter member of gold's since 2002. I'm not generalizing here but most members of classy gyms don't really go there to train. So for those who really wanna get their money's worth, I'd suggest they go elsewhere.

True dat...you defintely won't get a model body in those "sosyal" establishments. I've been a member of them as well, and most of the "model" types in those places take steroids. I've watched them train, and there's NO WAY that they could get results training the way they do naturally.

I want to make it clear to the lurkers that you shouldn't be fooled by what you see in those gyms. There are a great deal of "dirty little secrets" in the mainstream modeling and fitness industry.

For the haters out there....

The reason why we "advertise" our gym is because we were once disgruntled members of other gyms who couldn't take their lack of quality service and were looking for a better alternative.

One of the things that made me proud to be a part of eclipse was hearing from several people that "this is like a gym NCAA and NFL players would train in"

about self-serving? heck I haven't been paid a single cent to post what I have been posting, I'm just one satisfied person since I've been treated the way I want to be as a member, and now even as a part time employee of this gym.

For the lurkers out there, see for yourself why we talk about this gym with so much passion

And for all those who are complaining about us "promoting" our gym, at least we are not lying or hiding our vested interest, should vested interest be called to question. Since we are clear and open, there should be no difficulty in the readers being able to decide for themselves what is fact and what is fiction.

If anything, we are taking a great risk by exposing ourselves. We only stand to lose if we are lying about anything we say.

back to topic, It was actually nice to hear a complement from one of the members yesterday saying that I don't look that big when wearning normal clothes, but having a respectable built when wearing a tank top..

It actually flattered me to hear a cleint say" I'll be satisfied if I can achieve a built like yours"

makes all the hard work in the gym meaning coaching and training all worth it :)

Promote? wala namang problema yun e

Pero yung sabay ninyong aatakihin ang mga establishments na gusto lang naman kumita, crab mentality na yung ginagawa ninyo. Ok hindi kayo nagsisinungaling. Oo gusto ninyong makapagpasok ng mga members ninyo sa gym ninyo, sino ba namang negosyante ang hindi gusto non di ba? pero pwede nyo namang gawin yon sa maayos na paraan e. Ok namention nyo once or twice ang tungkol sa mga negatives ng mga nasabing gym na yon. Pero yung paulit ulit na pagatake ninyo to the point na pumapasok pa kayo sa mga respective threads nila para magblack propaganda, unethical yon. Sabihin na natin, marami silang flaws. Oo totoo yon. Pero ginagawan naman nila ng paraan e. I can attest to that.

Yung tungkol sa anumang nagawa nila sa inyo, hindi ko alam kung exaggarated lang kayo o hindi pero nasisigurado ko sa inyo na nasa minority ang case ninyo. At yung mga staff nila e ginagawan ng paraan para mapabuti ang serbisyo nila.

Baguhan pa lang kayo sa industry na ito. Matagal na sila sa industriyang ito. Hindi ba pwedeng magco-exist na lang kayo? Kung ganun naman talaga kagaling ang gym ninyo, di nyo na kailangan iexpose ang sarili ninyo, kusang papasok ang members sa inyo.

Wag nyo na lang siraan.

Pero yung sabay ninyong aatakihin ang mga establishments na gusto lang naman kumita, crab mentality na yung ginagawa ninyo.  Ok hindi kayo nagsisinungaling.  Oo gusto ninyong makapagpasok ng mga members ninyo sa gym ninyo, sino ba namang negosyante ang hindi gusto non di ba? pero pwede nyo namang gawin yon sa maayos na paraan e.  Ok namention nyo once or twice ang tungkol sa mga negatives ng mga nasabing gym na yon.  Pero yung paulit ulit na pagatake ninyo to the point na pumapasok pa kayo sa mga respective threads nila para magblack propaganda, unethical yon.  Sabihin na natin, marami silang flaws.  Oo totoo yon.  Pero ginagawan naman nila ng paraan e.  I can attest to that.

Yung tungkol sa anumang nagawa nila sa inyo, hindi ko alam kung exaggarated lang kayo o hindi pero nasisigurado ko sa inyo na nasa minority ang case ninyo. At yung mga staff nila e ginagawan ng paraan para mapabuti ang serbisyo nila.

Baguhan pa lang kayo sa industry na ito.  Matagal na sila sa industriyang ito.  Hindi ba pwedeng magco-exist na lang kayo?  Kung ganun naman talaga kagaling ang gym ninyo, di nyo na kailangan iexpose ang sarili ninyo, kusang papasok ang members sa inyo.

Wag nyo na lang siraan.

If our competitors have nothing to hide and we're lying, what's the problem? I don't understand what all of your fuss is about. What is your vested interest in standing up for the gyms we don't like? Our vested interest is clear. We hated the way those gyms were run as former members, so we did something about it and started our own. As former disgruntled members, we have the right to our opinion.

You forget that some people can afford to do a business or work for a business that, for them/us, is purely a hobby. I don't need Eclipse to live well, since I have other businesses and investments. Again, our reasons are clear.

If our competitors have nothing to hide and we're lying, what's the problem?  I don't understand what all of your fuss is about.  What is your vested interest in standing up for the gyms we don't like?  Our vested interest is clear.  We hated the way those gyms were run as former members, so we did something about it and started our own.  As former disgruntled members, we have the right to our opinion.

You forget that some people can afford to do a business or work for a business that, for them/us, is purely a hobby.  I don't need Eclipse to live well, since I have other businesses and investments.  Again, our reasons are clear.

My fuss is simple: Stop the black propaganda!

You have the right to your opinion and i have mine and I say your business ethics sucks and your gym sucks. My vested interest in those gyms is none of your business. Your vested interests in this message board including the other board where i also saw u posting however is my concern. I couldn't care less if you can or cannot afford to go into business. I am not here to weigh my riches with yours.

Btw, I just talked with management of the two gyms you have been attacking. They told me to let you go. You are what they call "Entertainment". Made me realize wasting time conversing with you when I can just sit back, grab something to eat while laughing at your pathetic attempts to earn a living or better yet, I could just charter a fixed wing aircraft to Amanpulo and enjoy the scenery. Ciao.

They're kinda right though eclipseguy... i gues it comes from being very passionate about your work that you think its fair game to rat down on institutions that just suck... On the otherhand, Olympus did mention other gyms that was worth going to besides your gym. So i guess yer intention to improve the fitness industry is the main concern..

Although i have to admit that brotcha crotcha is correct about if you guys do get the best results and you do have the best principles regarding fitness standards, then you guys will surely come out on top in the end... only a matter of time... however, Its kinda sad to say that fitness first really just has a better business model... its convenient.. its clean.. its does not smell like pumped up manhood.. its sometimes smells like a spa for christs sake.. its not daunting.. not intimidating.. and it seems to cater to general fitness.. Given these variables, they really cater to a different set of clients and it wouldn't be fair or nice of you to judge them or the their "happy" clients as being wrong...

Its now really a question of marketing.. however if we were to go back to topic, Then yes... I agree that fitness first DOES NOT INNATELY HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO DISH OUT GUYS/GIRLS WITH MODEL BODIES... even if there are people here who do look modellish or are models already, it was not a product of the gym but rather a product of another gym in the past and they just work out in fitness first because its clean and nice and smells good and lots of girls.... all the reasons why i work out there... :D

meron ako narinig kanina "ranges" daw yun style or what ever...yun bench press nya extended yung arms tapos binababa lang nya mga 2-3 inches siguro hindi nga aabot ng half way yun buhat, tapos naka hold sya ng mga ilang seconds. narining ko sabi nya same lang daw effect nun sa regular bench press (which is umaabot yun bar sa chest natin) kasi ako 100 lbs lang na bench nanginig na ako sya around 180 na siguro yun. familiar ba kayo dun? mas kaunting oras daw yun saka same lang effect mas mabigfat pa.

dangit... my posts got deleted... in any case to answer yer question, a lot of the strength trainers believe that kelangan full range of motion gawin mo to fully utilize the muscles and accessory to that of your pectoralis... but for me, i do it upto fist height from my chest...

They're kinda right though eclipseguy... i gues it comes from being very passionate about your work that you think its fair game to rat down on institutions that just suck... On the otherhand, Olympus did mention other gyms that was worth going to besides your gym.  So i guess yer intention to improve the fitness industry is the main concern..

Although i have to admit that brotcha crotcha is correct about if you guys do get the best results and you do have the best principles regarding fitness standards, then you guys will surely come out on top in the end... only a matter of time... however, Its kinda sad to say that fitness first really just has a better business model... its convenient.. its clean.. its does not smell like pumped up manhood.. its sometimes smells like a spa for christs sake.. its not daunting.. not intimidating.. and it seems to cater to general fitness.. Given these variables, they really cater to a different set of clients and it wouldn't be fair or nice of you to judge them or the their "happy" clients as being wrong...

Its now really a question of marketing.. however if we were to go back to topic, Then yes... I agree that fitness first DOES NOT INNATELY HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO DISH OUT GUYS/GIRLS WITH MODEL BODIES... even if there are people here who do look modellish or are models already, it was not a product of the gym but rather a product of another gym in the past and they just work out in fitness first because its clean and nice and smells good and lots of girls.... all the reasons why i work out there... :D

I guess it comes down to the fact that Olympus and I have endless people asking us for advice who work out at these other gyms. We tell them to come to us in person for advice and they make excuse after excuse why they cannot do so. If those gyms were so great, why do so many come to us? We both know the answer to that question already. Olympus and I do indeed recommend other independent gyms...you just haven't seen me do it on this board. Interesting to note is that when I indirectly recommended other gyms (where I haven't been a member), I was chastised offline by some of my freelance trainers and other board members with many nasty stories to tell me with tons of supporting evidence. I'm done arguing with brotchacrotcha...since his post has gone off the deep end with that last rant. The internet is a fascinating place where we can pretend to be who we are not.

I really would like to go back to the topic at hand, as would you, but nobody is asking any good modeling questions. Anyone? :blush:

I forgot to mention that these gyms LED THEIR CLIENTS TO BELIEVE that they could help said clients achieve a model body. That is what people whine to myself and Olympus when they say that can't come see us, due to the fact that these gyms have their credit card for one year.

And I'm the one who is being unethical? That is the main point I'm passionate about. I'm not trying to be like Fitness First or Gold's. But they and gyms like them should spend less time misleading clients into believing that they are model factories. If Gold's isn't trying to lead people to believe that models are produced by them, they should spend less time giving so many models and actors a free pass there or holding so many model screenings there. Many people are led to believe that Gold's, for example, is the "model's choice". If it's free for a model, I'm sure most would take a freebie.

What does it take to achieve a model body?

Here's a list:

1) For fast results, you need good genetics....any gym will do (I think this is clear.)

2) For slightly slower results, you'll need average (at least) to above-average genetics, STEROIDS, and again, any gym will do (common sense so far.)

- the problem with #2 is that if you've ever seen a steroid user off-cycle (and how they are smaller than when they started, fat, and depressed), you'll know why this option sucks.

3) For everyone else who is natural, even with below-average genetics, you'll need both top-quality free weights as well as scientific training to go with it. Some functional machines can be used such as pully-systems and reverse hyper extension machines, but that's about it. You need to periodize your training in various phases to ensure that you maximize your results and minimize your chances of over-training and injury.

4) You need to bulk up and then cut down. I think I said this in an earlier thread.

5) You need to select a gym where the trainers are highly experienced, i.e. years of training, the equipment and members appear to follow rule #3 and 4, and can guarantee you drug-free results. If you cannot afford to hire a trainer, you should still be able to get help with your program or basic questions.

If I may say so, this is not black propaganda. If it is, may I ask where it is so? I'm looking over my last posts and I fail to see where I've lied or misled anyone. Even if I wasn't associated with a gym, everything I've stated has happened to me or people have come to me complaining or giving some sort of negative testamony. Misleading from the TRUTH is the key to understanding black propaganda. If that has not happened, then there is no propaganda.

At the risk of sounding patronizing to Ms. Wylde, she, the moderator, has reminded us many times that this thread is about HOW TO CREATE A MODEL BODY.

Notice that I was attacked and called a black propaganda artist when I'm pointing out that MODEL BODIES require PROPER EQUIPMENT and training methods.

I AM NOT slamming gyms for their LACK of proper equipment/facilities on GENERAL FITNESS threads here on Manilatonight.com.

If this was a general fitness thread, and it was for people who just want to be active, then I wouldn't say much, if anything. If I had a bad experience, and I have had quite a few, that would be the limit to my participation on GENERAL FITNESS THREADS. I especially wouldn't debate people if being "generally fit" was their goal, since they are not our target.

Models, or dream-to-be models, or even those who have a certain goal ARE our target.

I just don't get all of the fuss, since I'm most active on threads where I can relate something either personally or professionally.

Black propaganda as defined by Wickepedia:

"Black propaganda is propaganda that purports to be from a source on one side of a conflict, but is actually from the opposing side. It is typically used to vilify, embarrass or misrepresent the enemy. It contrasts with grey propaganda, the source of which is not identified, and white propaganda, in which the real source is declared. The term is also sometimes used as a synonym for particularly malicious wartime propaganda or falsification of information that is captured by an enemy.

Black propaganda may be generated by altering genuine enemy propaganda in such a way as to distort its message. This is a particularly powerful tool if the target audience has a poor understanding of the language of the enemy."

So by this definition, my propaganda is WHITE PROPAGANDA. I am declaring my source, as both involved with a gym, and as a former DISSATISFIED MEMBER of other gyms.

In this case, I am using simple, non-technical terms and allowing my target audience to ask questions.

Isn't that the purpose of discussion boards? Those who scream "black propaganda" are afraid of a point, counter-point discussion.

Pero yung sabay ninyong aatakihin ang mga establishments na gusto lang naman kumita, crab mentality na yung ginagawa ninyo.  Ok hindi kayo nagsisinungaling.  Oo gusto ninyong makapagpasok ng mga members ninyo sa gym ninyo, sino ba namang negosyante ang hindi gusto non di ba? pero pwede nyo namang gawin yon sa maayos na paraan e.  Ok namention nyo once or twice ang tungkol sa mga negatives ng mga nasabing gym na yon.  Pero yung paulit ulit na pagatake ninyo to the point na pumapasok pa kayo sa mga respective threads nila para magblack propaganda, unethical yon.  Sabihin na natin, marami silang flaws.  Oo totoo yon.  Pero ginagawan naman nila ng paraan e.  I can attest to that.

Baguhan pa lang kayo sa industry na ito.  Matagal na sila sa industriyang ito.  Hindi ba pwedeng magco-exist na lang kayo?  Kung ganun naman talaga kagaling ang gym ninyo, di nyo na kailangan iexpose ang sarili ninyo, kusang papasok ang members sa inyo.

Wag nyo na lang siraan.

Bro, i totally agree. All gyms have their good and bad sides. however, if you experienced the bad side, it does not mean na dapat siraan mo na yung gym. i know some of the members of these prestigious gym know this too. pero, bakit ayaw nilang umalis kasi some of them are still satisfied. instead of bashing the thread of other gym, why don't you create your own tread and advertise your gym.

meron ako narinig kanina "ranges" daw yun style or what ever...yun bench press nya extended yung arms tapos binababa lang nya mga 2-3 inches siguro hindi nga aabot ng half way yun buhat, tapos naka hold sya ng mga ilang seconds. narining ko sabi nya same lang daw effect nun sa regular bench press (which is umaabot yun bar sa chest natin) kasi ako 100 lbs lang na bench nanginig na ako sya around 180 na siguro yun. familiar ba kayo dun? mas kaunting oras daw yun saka same lang effect mas mabigfat pa.

this is called static tension or isometric contraction type of exercise. this is a method in which you should held an exercise in one position for certain amount of time. according to some studies, this does not develop hypertrophy but it increase strength. however, maganda pa rin ang full range of motion type of exercise.

full ROM is indeed encouraged fr people with no history of pains and injuries... however sometimes it's not encouraged soo much...

There are other aspects to consider as well such as timing of he red... yung mga 2 seconds up... 3 seconds down... etc... im not very well versed in this... Olympus, care to shed light?