Divorce In The Philippines

I agree. Being Catholic or Christian is not enough reason to stop such law from being enacted. The government is supposed to be an entirely different institution for every Filipino citizen. Religion should not be a big factor in law-making. How about other people who have different beliefs? How about people who doesn't believe in religion or God at all?

• 1 month later...

The Catholic Church is insisting on putting up the charade that divorce will only destroy lives. Mga ulol! Being molested by priests--THAT will destroy lives. Not being able to move on because a piece of paper says you are legally bound to another person--THAT will destroy a person's sense of peace. Insisting that 2 people stick together even if it means hurting themselves and their kids--THAT is absolute nonsense.

Americans and other Westerners have been able to demarcate the line between Church and State, despite the Church's stand against divorce. It's time Filipinos do the same. Love God and your fellowman, but remember that most of today's rules were enacted by men and not God Himself.

sensitive topic but i think there should be divorce here. there are certain issues between couples that cant be fixed. but there should be strict guidelines which grants divorce to a couple. hindi pwede basta ayaw na magsama e i grant agad ang divorce. dapat kung gaano kahirap ang requirements sa pagpapakasal mas doble strikto ang requirements sa pagdi divorce.

I'm pro divorce but I suggest too all the male to first think 100 x before getting married. when your stuck with it and have children, it's hard for the kids. I fell in live with another girl after I got married ... can't get out. so i had an affair but she couldn't live like that forever. so she left me.

I AM PRO-DIVORCE

• 1 month later...

I am happily married but looks like I'm pro-divorce too. ^_^

I'd rather want to see many divorced women than hear the news about battered wives and/or cheating couples. Our society simply doesn't tolerate cheating women. Funny but it's true that mas macho ang lalaki pag may babae, pero if the wife has someone else, malandi daw. See the discrimination? :lol:

So if marriage isn't really working out, why force it by staying together and pretend to still be married? Annulment is only for the rich. Not everyone can afford it. Many people may be afraid to get married but I don't think mahirap magpakasal... in fact sobrang dali nga lang eh.

agree naman ako cguro, lalo na f s tingin ng magkabilang partido na ayaw n tlg nila at wla nang ibang paraan na maayos ang smhan.. ayoko lng dumting cguro s point na s sobrng laganap and open na ang mga tao s issue eh s onting diskusyon lng at d pagkakaintindhn eh maghhwlay na agad.. call me oldskul pero mrmi p rn kc paraan n mggwa pra msalba o khit mapaguspn man lng ang mga bgay2 na hindi napagkakasunduan. kung makita at mapaguspn lng ba kung anu ang msimportante s isatisa at subukan makinig s hinaing eh magandang maidudulot n agad un s relasyon... wg lng sbyan ang init ng ulo ng isa, ibaba ang pride at maayos na usapan...rspct

101% pro-DIVORCE ako. I'm a separated man so alam ko kung gaano kahirap matali sa marriage lalo na pag wala ng LOVE. Bigyan dapat ng pagkakataon ang mga hiwalay na maging MALAYA ulit!!!

+1

mag 4years na kami hiwalay ni wife ko.

2.5 years na kami ng GF ko.

kawawa naman siya gusto ko siyang pakasalanan.

badtrip kasi 20 palang ako nung nag-asawa, 18 yung wife ko that time.. na excite kasi :D

pero di naman pala kami magkakasundo

29 na ko ngayon, matured enough to know na yung current GF ko na ang gusto ko makasama for the rest of my life.

Nakakalungkot lang at hindi ko maibigay yung para sana sa kanya :(

Only Malta and the Republic of the Philippines has yet to have a divorce laww

You can write your congressman to support this divorce bill in the HOR

Sad fact :

As long as you are married to your wife, she still have a you by the balls .....

- Money, property, etc ....

mag 4years na kami hiwalay ni wife ko.

2.5 years na kami ng GF ko.

kawawa naman siya gusto ko siyang pakasalanan.

badtrip kasi 20 palang ako nung nag-asawa, 18 yung wife ko that time.. na excite kasi :D

pero di naman pala kami magkakasundo

29 na ko ngayon, matured enough to know na yung current GF ko na ang gusto ko makasama for the rest of my life.

Nakakalungkot lang at hindi ko maibigay yung para sana sa kanya :(

• 4 months later...

A bill is filed to somehow lessen the cost of Annulment of Marriage by Bayan Muna Rep. Neri Colmenares

- anything that constitutes that a spouse could not perform his/her duty as a husband/wife, it then becomes a ground for annulment of marriage (accordingly)

- also they intend to make infidelity a ground for annulment

• 3 weeks later...